[F3] Piera's Potent Potions <<Rank 7 Alchemist>> (PK Accessible)

Mack wandered into Piera's shop during one of his stops on the second floor. The hulking axe wielder stuck out like a sore thumb in such tight confines, but at least he'd now been to the shop enough times to know his way around. Browsing through the shelves, which were still fairly barren, Mack finely came upon a treasure. A rather evil treasure, right next to another treasure. Quickly, he snatched the two potions from the shelves, one of which looked almost, but not quite, like a healing potion and the other looked almost like a cola soda pop.

"How much for these," he asked, plopping the glitter potion and voice modulation potion down on the counter top. They were such random items that they couldn't possibly cost all that much. Now, all the hulking blonde man had to figure out was how to get Xion to drink them.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Piera was doing busy work, using a spare cloth to wipe the minute traces of dust that she was sure her shop was simulating due to the lack of activity. She was starting to think that crafting materials were more precious than oil even though some of them literally grew on trees. Letting out a small sigh, the brunette considered putting a sign out front that said something along the lines of, 'Will Craft for Mats'.

Looking over her shoulder as she heard her front door open, the bespectacled young woman smiled when she saw the hulking blonde man that had entered. "Hey Mack." The alchemist greeted warmly as he looked over her paltry wares. Walking over behind her counter, she looked over the potions he had chosen and immediately recognized them.

Grinning somewhat wickedly, Piera met her friend's eyes with amusement in her own before replying. "Just thee hundred col for both. They're technically bad quality but they should work alright for the effects they have if that's what you're looking for. Just no real use in battle." She shrugged, but doubted that the axe wielder would want to try and use these particular potions in combat anyway.

A tall, and rather fearsome looking warrior walked into the shop. Beoreson had decided to come and, pay Piera a visit. The warrior walked in completely shrouded in his black fur cloak, and also had the wolf's head down. His blue eyes where beaming from where the wolf's eyes used to be. He walked calmly to the counter and, flipped back the hood. "Hey Piera, I'm alive and, came back to buy the potion I promised I would. As long as I can pay in col and, mats that is." says the smiling warrior.

"Oh, I don't want them for their battle effects, but I do want to make someone glitter like a Stephanie Myers vampire going through puberty," the blonde warrior replied as the bell on the front door of the shop jingled to signify that someone else had entered the shop. Glancing over his shoulder, Mack saw that it was Beoreson that had entered and he quickly moved to shield his purchases from the view of the dark haired man. He didn't want someone to blow the whistle before he could talk Xion into drinking both of the potions. Preferably at the same time. "Here, three hundred col," Mack said, forking over the money. "Though, I think you should market these as tank enhancement potions. Now, do you think I could get someone to take them and then do jazz hands?"

-300 Col

Piera burst out into loud laughter as Mack stated his intentions with the potions but it was soon after that that another player entered her shop and she clapped her hands over her mouth to silence herself, still giggling quietly before whispering, "You've got to take a picture of that when you do it."  The brunette then glanced at the stranger who had entered and chimed politely, "Welcome."

Glancing back at the blonde man as he gave her the col which popped up a trade menu, she accepted it and grinned at his suggestion and question. "I think I might do that. Not sure if you can, but maybe if you explained that increases the effectiveness of the potion? You can say that the creator of the potion themselves told you that." The alchemist winked at her friend before looking back at the other customer before blinking in wide eyed surprise. "Beoreson! I didn't even recognize you under that thing. Looks awesome though. Was it a quest reward or did you make it yourself?"

When he mentioned the reason for his visit she brightened with an excited smile. "Well it's good to know you're alive. I haven't seen you since we did that Fort dungeon run. Mack here tells me you two are in a guild together now though." She spoke as she opened up her personal menu where she had hidden away the first potion she had ever made. Holding the bright red HP recovery potion vial out delicately to the dark haired warrior the alchemist stated, "One of Piera's Perfect Potent Potions, heh. The first potion I ever crafted. It costs seven hundred col or four materials. Unless you want to split the price between col and mats."

-1 Bad Glitter Potion
-1 Bad Voice Modulation Potion
+300 col

"I have to split the cost." says the raven haired man. He waved hello to Mack. "So, Mack. You've been talking about my righteous deeds right?" says the warrior sarcastically. He seems more open then, he was the first time he visited. "As I said I have 2 mats and, 350 col would that be enough to buy it?" asks the warrior, as he opens up his inventory to pull them out. He places two mats and, 350 col on the table. "I can also always make you a weapon or armor but, that's all I have at this moment," says the warrior offering his last trading piece.

Piera smiled understandingly as Beoreson explained he would have to split the cost. As he asked Mack if he had been talking about his righteous deeds, she glanced between the two men in curiosity with a raised eyebrow. Focusing back on the darker haired warrior, she looked over the two mats and three hundred and fifty col on the counter before looking back up at Beoreson as he offered to make a weapon or armor in trade instead. Her eyes immediately flicked to Mack behind her glasses. He had been tempting her to go with heavy armor over light, but she wasn't sure if it would be impolite to go to another blacksmith, even if he was in the same guild. "Thank you for the offer, but I already have a weapon I'm quite happy with. Plus, I could really use the mats quite honestly." The alchemist accepted the materials and col and prompted Beoreson with a trade menu for the potion.

-1 Perfect HP Recovery Potion
+2 crafting materials
+350 col

Edited by Piera

"The joke about my righteous deeds is the fact that I haven't done anything." says the warrior as he passes the col and, mats over. " I've been pretty lazy. All I've done is train a recruit and farming." says the warrior with a grin. "I gotta go farming some, I'll see you later when I get the chance." say the black haired warrior. "See you later, bye" says the warrior as he leaves the shop, with a wave goodbye. He walks out of the shop and, goes to farm some more. He goes farming with his new defensive option.

The next day after Mack and Beoreson had visited her shop, Piera cleaned up her shop for the millionth time and set up her crafting tools in preparation for the day. She was going to make use of those two crafting materials that Beoreson had paid her with to restock her shelves. ....At least with any luck. Making sure that the fire under the cauldron was lit, everything was clean and laid out, the brunette finally took out one of the materials. She debated making a potion but ultimately decided that she would need to attempt to turn these mats into something that could heal and that would be best in the form of a crystal so a player could use it instantaneously if their life was in danger.

Nodding to herself, the brunette placed the ingredient into the mortar and began crumbling and crushing it with the pestle until it was finely ground up, making a harsh grating noise that made her wince. Once she was finished, the alchemist shook out the powder into the bubbling cauldron before adding a bit more solution and then stirring generously. She was worried as this would be her first time crafting in nearly a week and thought that perhaps skills could get rusty even in a game. But as she eyeballed the solution and ladled it into the crystal's casing, she was relieved to see that she had created a Rare Health Crystal. "Someone will definitely want you." She promised the item before placing it with the Antidote Potion on the shelf.

Now a bit more confident, Piera got to grinding the second mat and repeated the process. But she had forgotten to clean her tools and the result was the same item but of one quality lower. "Still useful." She reasoned and labeled it as a Uncommon Health Crystal before putting it with its brother. "That's a bit better." She still felt like she could never have enough potions, crystals or mats but this would have to do, at least for now.

ID: 29339
CD: 11
EXP: 5

ID: 29340
CD: 10
EXP: 3

Edited by Piera

Beoreson walks into the shop he needed to buy a crystal if he was going to survive in any of the fights that might happened when he moved his shop. The warrior enters and, looks around for the alchemist. He walks around looking for a recovery crystal to buy. He manages to find one and, brings it back to the counter. "Hey, Piera. Can I buy this crystal?" asks the warrior holding up a recovery crystal. He waits for the woman's response as he pulls out the col for the purchase.

Xion walked into the shop, seeing Beorson there talking to the owner as he opened the door. "Beor" he said with a nod as he approached the woman. "How many healing Item do you have in stock, and how much would it cost me to but them all?" he asked, before waiting for a response. 

Piera was playing a minigame that she had found in the depths of SAO's menu and was beginning to think perhaps Kayaba wasn't such a douche after all when a tinkling bell announced the presence of a customer. "Welcome!" She greeted happily as she dismissed her menu before her polite smile turned into a grin of recognition. "Hey Beoreson." At his question, she squinted at the crystal, but she couldn't tell if it was the one that healed for five or ten health points without touching it. "Nope absolutely not, get out ya bum. Nah, 'course you can. Depending on if its the rare or uncommon one it'll run you five hundred col or three mats for the former or three hundred and fifty col or two mats for the latter."

The bell to her door rang again, this time admitting someone that she hadn't met before, but immediately recognized the guild symbol next to his health bar as being a member of the Crimson Blades. Her smile was curious and polite as he approached the counter before it turned somewhat worried and apologetic. "Actually....I'm sorry to say but if Beoreson buys that crystal I'll only have one healing item left. Mats are getting more and more hard to come by, I'm sorry. But! If you'd be willing to risk it, you could give me a material or two and I could try to make you something right now. Won't even charge you." She felt horrible that she might have to turn away a perfectly willing customer and a member of her friend's guild no less. It would definitely not be good for business, or her conscious.

Beoreson thinks for a moment, "Xion, go ahead and, buy them. I can wait for a while." says the warrior as he places the crystal on the table. He decides to introduce Piera to Xion for what it is worth. "Xion this is Piera. She has fought with Mack and I in battles and, she is an excellent alchemist." says the warrior. "Piera, this is Xion. The creepy dude in the guild that let me stand behind him as a giant shark tried to eat us." says the warrior with a grin.

Xion couldn't help but chuckle at the introduction "Says the human equivalent of a baby panda with a sword" he said in a joking tone. Xion then went to his inventory, and selected 850 col, placing it on the counter. "This should cover it" he said, before taking both of the healing items and leaving. "Thanks" he said, as he walked out of the door. (I need to be getting on with a quest, so I hope you don't mind this) 

"Piera," Mack called as he swung into Piera's shop on the second floor of Aincrad once again. "Piera! I need every healing item you have. Crystals, potions, magical sprinkles, and empty promises," the burly blonde man said, tromping through the shop to lean on the counter top with his elbows. "I also need a babysitter for Chewie for a few days, he won't enjoy where I'm going." At the sound of his name the Grizzly Bear cub came bounding forward with all the youthful exuberance of a small bear before overbalancing himself and rolling over several times before coming to a stop behind the counter of Piera's shop. "Got a quest up on the ninth floor that needs doing. Xion and I are going to tackle it, but I need healing items ahead of time, mostly for him since he's the tank."

Piera looked between the two males as Beoreson offered for Xion to buy the lot, saying that he himself could wait. At the introduction, the brunette felt a little bashful and she corrected modestly, "I wouldn't say excellent...more like decent..." Though a small laugh slipped from her lips as the black haired man introduced his guildmate. "A giant shark? Well he seemed to have saved your @$$, so treat him a bit nicer, huh?" But her advice seemed to fall on deaf ears as Xion simply joked back with his guildmate, causing the alchemist to sigh and roll her eyes. Accepting the trade request and col, Piera nodded at the teen. "Thank you as well, sorry I didn't have more to offer you." She waved as he left in a hurry before looking back at Beoreson.

-1 Uncommon Health Crystal
-1 Rare Health Crystal
+850 Col

She was just about to make conversation with him when her bell chimed for the fourth time, this time admitting the large form of a blonde man that called out her name. Brightening at his appearance she greeted happily, "Mack! Nic-" But she was cut off by his long request and then left blinking as he stated another one. "O-Oh, um." She glanced down as a bear cub rolled into her leg and she smiled down at Chewie before looking back at the blonde leaning against her counter. "Yeah I can watch Chewie for you, don't worry about it."

Then what he had first asked processed in her mind and her expression turned distressed and regretful. "I-I just sold my last healing items. I'm so so sorry Mack." The brunette's hands clenched the edge of the counter tightly, biting her lip as she looked down in shame before an idea struck her. "W-Wait." Piera pulled open her menu and her fingers flew over the artificial keyboard before sending off the message and glancing up to explain as she chewed the inside of her cheek. "I might be able to come up with something." Then a ping sounded and she hurriedly opened the message before her expression brightened. "Give me five minutes! I'll be right back!" She promised before darting around the counter and flying out of her front door, the bell ringing as it slammed closed behind her.

True to her word, it was roughly five minutes before she returned, panting from the run as she burst back into her shop. "I...got...the...mats..." Piera panted with a relieved smile in her friends direction. Walking back around to her counter, she asked, "So you both want healing items, right? Lemme see what I can cook up. Cross your fingers for me."

ID: 29872
CD: 3 (lost material)
EXP: 1
ID: 29874
CD: 9 (good item)
EXP: 2
ID: 29875
CD: 8 (good item)

Piera worked as quickly as possible, turning up the heat on her cauldron and getting out her mortar and pestle, grinding up the mats with speed before depositing them in turn into the clear bubbling solution in the cauldron. It might have been her impatience or perhaps working under pressure or the uncomfortable presence of the two other players watching her. Regardless, the results left her less than satisfied. She had only managed to craft two potions and even those were only good quality. "Sorry... I only managed to create two regen potions. They're going to be pretty slow, but they should be able to get the job done." She showed Mack the potions she had crafted for him to look over.

Name: Deceit Potion
ID: 29874 CD: 9
Alchemist Rank: 2
Item Rank: Good
Effect: Causes the drinker to lie.
Description:
A glass vial filled with a bright orange liquid tasting oddly of blueberries. After a moment, the drinker will not feel any different but be unable to speak anything but lies. Also  strangely enough they will feel compelled to speak these lies even if they don't particularly want to.

Name: Honesty Potion
ID: 29875 CD: 8
Alchemist Rank: 2
Item Rank: Good
Effect: Causes the drinker to speak truthfully.
Description:
A glass vial filled with a creamy butter yellow liquid tasting of plain yogurt. After a moment they will be compelled to be extremely honest, unable to speak any lies or even keep quiet should someone ask a question that they truthfully know the answer to.

Edited by Piera

Beoreson knowing this will take a while,  finds a place to sit in the store. The raven haired warrior takes a seat on the stairs leading to the second floor. "Don't worry about me, I'll wait for you to have a free moment." says the warrior as he opens his inventory to pull out a knife to play with. The knife was a kunai that was based on the anime design of the weapon. He thought it was rather amusing to spin the blade on his finger as he waited. The knife made a slight swishing sound each time he spun it around.

{OOC: This is the next day, so still feel free to reply if you'd like Mack.}

ID: 30249
CD: 10 (Uncommon Item)
EXP: 3
ID: 30250
CD: 9 (Good Item)
ID: 30251
CD: 11 (Rare Item)
EXP: 5

Freshly stocked with a handful more materials the next day, Piera set to crafting, this time ensuring that all of her supplies were clean and maintained and that she took her time cutting, squeezing, grinding and stirring. Her efforts were rewarded with a trio of useable items, though only two able to be used in battle. The third was rather strange, but she was sure that someone would likely buy it for some reason or another.

Edited by Piera

ID: 30387
CD: 3 (Fail)
ID: 30388
CD: 9 (Good Item)
ID: 30389
CD: 1 (Crit fail)

Piera was determined to make up for her lack of success before and make it up to Mack as well as restock her shelves. She was working with ingredients she wasn't quite familiar with, but she was sure that she knew the gist and she had everything cleaned and prepared. Her first try wasn't very inspiring as she only managed to make a potion that, while interesting, was of no use in actual combat. It was starting to become a trend. Sighing, the brunette cleaned everything and tried again but her second attempt ended badly, she thought she could at least salvage the material she was using, but it was ruined in her attempt. Her third and final try went abysmally. The liquid actually caught on fire. How, she wasn't entirely sure, but it caused the wood of the shelves and counter to catch fire as well and she pretty much panicked, attempting to beat it out with a rag before remembering the bucket of water she had been using to clean and dumped it over everything. Seeing the wreckage of her work station, Piera backed into a wall and slid down it, tears pricking her eyes before she took off her glasses and covered her face with her hands. The alchemist's shoulders shook but she was silent but for a few errant sniffles. After a few minutes, she collected herself and with a depressed expression she walked over to the shop's door and flipped her sign to read 'CLOSED'. Glancing at the mess at her counter, Piera turned away, not wanting to deal with it right now and instead trudged upstairs to cry and take a nap, vowing to clean up her mess later.

Edited by Piera

Kalesh wandered into the shop the next time it was open, not really knowing any other alchemists or having a desire to head somewhere else for no good reason. Glancing around at the shop's status and the inventory he found himself grinning and starting to retrieve items and even col before he had spoken a word. "Hello, Piera, how are you doing today?" He smiled, oblivious of any past failures as he set four materials and two hundred col down for the shop's owner to collect. "I'm here for a bit of a trade! I want a teleport crystal." He knew the response that would come next so he added "And since, according to that sign anyways, you don't have the skill to make them yet... " He gestures to the coins and materials "Could I convince you to consider the little extra an investment? Use the col and materials to push yourself to that level, and then get me my teleport whenever you can!" He shrugged "That's pretty much all I have to ask for right now! I don't even know if alchemists can make the camera crystal.. The reusable type." He finally gave her a pause to speak so that she could refuse his deal or accept.