[F3] Piera's Potent Potions <<Rank 7 Alchemist>> (PK Accessible)

Piera was somewhat sulking at the counter, reading through old private message conversations and wondering where some of the people on her friends list that she hadn't spoken with in weeks were now. What level were they now, if they were okay, if they'd ever come back... It had taken well into last night to be able to clean up her work tools as well as the counter, but she eventually managed it with a lot of water, rags and elbow grease. However it just left her more tired and depressed than before. But when she heard the bell of her front door chime, the brunette stood up straight and plastered a polite smile on her face as she greeted warmly with hardly a shred of her inner emotions, "Welcome!"

Her posture relaxed somewhat when she saw who it was. "Hey Kalesh." She greeted with a nod before her expression dimmed at his question. "Okay." She dismissed with a shrug before blinking as materials and col were set down on her counter. Looking back up at the red head, she blanched when he said what he wanted, and opened her mouth before she was headed off. Closing her mouth as he spoke and explained, she raised an eyebrow skeptically as she considered with a conflicted expression. "I...this is very generous Kalesh. I-I mean I'm not entirely even sure what I would charge for a Teleport Crystal even when I can make one but this seems like a lot even if it is advance, no especially since it's in advance. I mean I have no idea when I'll be able to get to that level...are you sure?"

She would feel terrible if she kept him waiting when he could really need the crystal and could go to a more experienced alchemist right now and get it. When he mentioned a 'camera crystal', her expression softened and she smiled. "I've heard of that, but I'm not sure about the reusable type. I think I could make a few one time only ones though if you'd like. Oh, by the way, your hunch was right."  The alchemist's face was starting to seem a bit lighter as she explained, "I asked my guild leader and he did get the name from that game you were telling me about. He actually remodeled the guild with tarot in mind. My card is the High Priestess apparently, heh."

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalesh hummed and said "Yeah, honestly I dunno if one-time-only is an always rule, but I do know there is a record crystal, and a screenshot-camera crystal. My assumption is kinda that the record crystal works like the ones for messages, that they are one time... but how many cameras only take one picture, hm?" He winked and then shrugged while adding "I am aware my request is a bit strange, but to me a teleport crystal would have more value than a potion... technically. A potion can help you survive slightly longer, but a teleport crystal can save a life from a situation they would have surely died from." He spent a moment in consideration before saying "I am sure, but if you don't want to accept them, then I'll invest in something a bit closer." He grinned "Say, a potion that boosts my damage by three points?" He was of course talking about a status-update potion or crystal.

"Ah! And I see, then I guess this time at the very least I was correct!" He chuckled softly to himself "Priestess, hm? I suppose I can see that. Very nice Arcana." He tried not to size her up or compare her to other characters from the game series that had the priestess associated with them, it just seemed a bit rude to do so for some reason.

After his failure to obtain the healing items he was after a few days ago, Mack had left Piera's shop. Of course, that didn't mean that he wouldn't be back to make more purchases at a later date. Like today. It was time to load up on items for the forthcoming boss fight, and Mack had a significant number of items to special order from Piera. Stepping into the empty shop, he made a beeline for the counter and the dark-haired woman behind it. "Morning, I need to special order some items. Specifically, I need a plus three damage potion or crystal, I need toxic venom, and I need healing potions and crystals of any quality. The damage increase item and the toxic venom are the most important, we're gearing up for the boss raid on the eleventh floor. Can you help me," the blonde man asked, not bothering to beat around the bush in making his requests.

Piera nodded with a smile. "That's true, you have a point. I'll see what I can do. I'll definitely give the teleport crystal priority." When Kalesh began to think of trading the teleport crystal for a damage boosting item, she quirked an eyebrow, "You do know that the boost will only be temporary, right? I mean I can definitely make it as soon as I level up which should be really soon actually. But I don't think I'll even be able to try making a teleport crystal for another two levels or so after that. I'd love to make you both though, I just need to get the mats to be able to practice on. Preferably while also making more stock." She sighed and looked at her paltry shelves before smiling in mild pride as the red head complimented her new rank. "Thanks. I'm honestly not too sure what it means, but my guild leader chose it for me so I assume it means something that fits me." She shrugged and said, "I'll accept your early payment and encouragement though, with like so many thanks. Like at least this many." The alchemist held up all ten fingers with a teasing smile, her mood vastly improved. "Seriously, thanks Kalesh. I'll get to working on level grinding pronto." She waved as he left and set to going over her new acquisitions, still feeling a bit bad that she had nothing to give him at the moment but vowed to practice to be able to make what he wanted.

+4 Materials
+200 Col

After Kalesh left, Piera immediately got to prepping the ingredients and setting up her cauldron, making sure the flames were just right. She wasn't really familiar with these ones so she went slow and tried them one by one. Her first two attempts ended up much of the same, badly. However she was able to salvage the materials she used except for the last one which was a complete failure. She was actually pretty sure it might have corroded away the bottom of her cauldron a little and wondered if she should invest in a new one. Sighing with the wasted craft attempts, she cleaned up and put things away. She'd have to try again in twenty four hours. At least she managed to level up from the meager experience earned from her failures.

ID: 30902
CD: 5 (Bad Item)
LD: 17 (mat salvaged)
EXP: 1
ID: 30903
CD: 5 (Bad Item)
LD: 16 (mat salvaged)
ID: 30904
CD: 3 (Fail, mat lost)

[LEVEL UP!]

The next day, it was late morning and Piera was inventorying the ingredients that Kalesh had given her as well as ones that she and Lee had gathered and looking over her previously made potions and crystals for inspiration, wondering what she could make with them. That was when Mack entered her shop. "Mornin' Mack." She greeted with a soft smile, not surprised to see him in here yet again, though she was surprised at his order. Her stomach tensed as she realized that the raid on floor eleven was approaching closer and closer. "A damage boost and toxic venom... I can't a-oh wait!" Her expression brightened from the apologetic one she'd had on just a moment ago. "I can now actually! I just leveled up yesterday and I have mats, I just have to wait for my crafting attempt to recharge. Can the order wait a few days? I'm up to four crafts per day, but I can't guarantee success or quality with each attempt. When's the boss raid?"

{OOC: Edited because I realized I could do my rolls after Kalesh gave me mats and thus Piera's response to Mack would have changed xD}

Edited by Piera

"A few days will be fine, we're not leaving quite yet to go on the Boss Raid though the Azure Brigade has called for a meeting to discuss all the particulars of the raid. Apparently, they succeeded in finding the boss room on the eleventh floor," Mack said, eyeing the shelves that were mostly bare around the shop. The truth was that he would have considered going to Opal's shop for his order for the upcoming raid, but he liked Piera considerably more and, so far as he knew, Piera was also a much more advanced potioneer. That was why he'd come to her. That and any attempt to build good will while casually and non-verbally undermine her boyfriend in her eyes was never a bad thing.

"This should help," he continued, producing a potioneer's kit full of phials, vials, and flasks and setting it down on the table. "It'll add a buff to all of your crafting attempts. Just a plus one, but every little bit helps. Also, here, take these too," he continued, producing a sack full of potion ingredients. The bag was so full it was overflowing out of the mouth which had been tied shut with a simple leather thong. "I know potion ingredients are usually in short supply, for one reason or another," the blonde man continued, speaking in a tone that made it clear he thought someone other than Piera was at fault for the lack of supplies. She could fill in the rest. "Just let me know when its ready. Venom, a plus three damage buff, and all the healing items I can get."

-Potioneer's Kit
-14 Mats 

Piera relaxed slightly when Mack confirmed that she still had time to craft as it should be for a few more days still and they still had to meet with the Azure Brigade. The name drop made the alchemist raise an eyebrow and her eyes tighten just slightly even as she nodded. "No casualties I hope." She knew that even scouting was dangerous when the prize was a floor boss' dungeon. The brunette noticed the blonde man's roaming eyes and sheepishly looked down at her counter, wondering what he thought of her paltry selection currently. Then a kit of sorts was placed into her view on the counter and she glanced up at Mack in curiosity before he explained, her eyes widening behind her glasses. "Whoa, I've never even seen these before, this will seriously help even if it's a little."

And then he pulled out the biggest bag of materials she had ever seen and her green orbs bulged while her mouth dropped open in utter shock, staring at the straining bag on the counter before looking back up at the guild leader, her expression still stunned and somewhat in awe, completely missing his tone. "I-I- Y-Yes they have.. It's just- Mack I can't even. Thank you." He reiterated his order and Piera nodded vehemently. "Venom, perfect damage, heals, you got it." She felt an odd urge to salute and felt a grin of pure gratitude overtake her face as she promised, "I'll send you a message as soon as they're in crystals!" The alchemist gave her friend a cheery wave as he left and then just stared at the items on her counter a bit dazedly before grinning and squealing like a little school girl, holding her face in her hands and even twirling around before stopping and forcing herself to breathe deeply. "Okay, get it together. You've got a lot to do now."

+Potioneer's Kit
+14 Mats 

Piera got straight to work and immediately took inventory of the materials that she had, which now totaled at twenty five. It was simply a staggering number for her and she only hoped that she could at least make useable items out of each and every one of them. Then then opened the Potioneer's Kit and eagerly took out what was inside, seeing a number of solutions to make potions more malleable or to add specialized effects more easily. She wanted to experiment, but knew that even though she now had a surplus of materials to do so, they were spoken for and needed to be turned into potions and crystals that players could rely on to save their lives if necessary. Calming herself, the brunette readied her cauldron and stirred in the solution using her Potioneer's Kit and began to cut, squeeze and grind up the ingredients before stirring. Ultimately she only managed to make a crystal and a potion and the potion wasn't really useful in battle. The other two attempts ended badly though for one of them she at least was able to salvage the material. She needed to be more careful when working with unfamiliar ingredients. Still even those failures seemed minor in the grand scheme of things and the alchemist looked over the new ingredients and items with a warm heart.

ID: 31036
CD: 12+1=13 (Perfect Item)
EXP: 8
ID: 31037
CD: 5+1=6 (Good Item)
EXP: 2
ID: 31038
CD: 4+1=5 (Bad Item)
LD: 16 (Mat salvaged)
ID: 31039
CD: 3+1=4 (Bad Item)
LD: 12 (Mat lost)
EXP:1

Edited by Piera

Piera was woken up by a message from the last person she'd ever expect: Zelrius, the leader of the Azure Brigade. Apparently he was contacting numerous alchemists for special orders of specific items in great quantity and she was on said list. The bespectacled young woman was frankly floored. What had she even done to garner such attention? Sure there were more accomplished and successful alchemists than her. Then she reasoned that she wasn't the only one he was contacting and that because of the floor boss, they were desperate for an edge. He did say that he wanted quantity. After sending a message back inquiring a few things, the brunette got up and started her day. She now had two very large and very important mass orders to complete and wasn't sure which to give priority to honestly. Ultimately she decided to work on the non healing items that Mack had wanted and then healing items that would go to the raid party as a whole as he had put in his order first and paid up front no less. The brunette tried to pick out the materials she thought most likely to yield the result of what her blonde friend wanted and set the cauldron to hot, using the solution and tools from the Potioneer's Kit he had so graciously gifted her before grinding up the ingredients with her mortar and pestle before getting to stirring. But her attempts did not go as planned. It was worse than even the previous day. At least she had been able to make the perfect crystal, but today she only made two novelty potions while the other two tries ended badly, though she was able to save one material at least. At this rate she'd never be able to complete the orders in time. Piera chewed on the inside of her cheek worriedly as she thought about ways to improve while cleaning up.

ID: 31111
LD: 18 (mat salvaged)
ID: 31113
CD: 6+1=7 (Good Item)
ID: 31114
LD: 10 (Mat lost)
ID: 31115

Edited by Piera

"Another day, another challenge." The brunette young woman sighed to herself  as she her fingers through her hair, walking down the steps from her bedroom to the main area of her shop. She'd actually been waking up earlier these past few days, starting to craft as soon as the game system would allow her to. The wait times were infuriating, she felt like she just couldn't craft fast enough to match the deadline, even if every attempt resulted in a usable item. But still, she had to try and do her best. For everyone. This was all she could do after all. Getting to work, the alchemist lit the fire under her cauldron before adding the appropriate amount of base solution from her Potioneer's Kit. She had a slightly better understanding of the ingredients she was working with now and the day went by without any failures, at least in the typical sense. She made two vanity potions as well as a perfect and rare crystals. Nodding in acceptance, Piera bottled her creations before putting them on their respective shelves, the potions going up with their brothers on the shelf and crystals being slipped into a barrel with the other reserve stock.

ID: 31177
ID: 31178
CD: 10+1=11 (Rare Item)
EXP: 5
ID: 31179
CD: 7+1=8 (Good Item)
ID: 31180
CD: 11+1=12 (Perfect Item)

Edited by Piera

Piera awoke in a very good mood the next day, having been able to get a good restful night's sleep for once. She decided to have a relaxing morning and took her time preparing breakfast before tidying up the shop a bit. Her shelves were a bit fuller now, though she wondered who would buy items that had no real use in combat. All of the useful potions and crystals were being stored away for those fighting the eleventh floor boss. And she still had more to make before she'd be satisfied. The Potioneer's Kit that Mack had given her was truly making a difference in her crafting, the base solutions and little additives helping to make the potions more stable and the crystallization process easier. Today she was able to craft two uncommon crystals and was noticing a trend. Two usable items and either two failures or two vanity items. Was it something to do with the system? Still, she was grateful for any successes....even though she nearly burnt down her shop yet again. It was only due to quick thinking and the use of a quick extinguishing solution that she'd found in the Potioneer's Kit that saved her. And at least she was able to salvage the ingredient she was attempting to use in the other failure.

ID: 31202
CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon Item)
EXP: 3
ID: 31203
CD: 1+1=2 (Fail)
ID: 31204
ID: 31205
LD: 19 (mat salvaged)

Edited by Piera

Piera was slightly reorganizing her shop as more and more items began to accumulate. She had quite the selection now, though sadly most of her items were unavailable due to the fact that she had already been paid for them in advance and was holding them for the buyer. Humming the tune of the musical song 'My Favorite Things', the brunette set about preparing her work station for another day of crafting. She was hopeful as she'd leveled up and was awarded an extra crafting attempt, one more chance for success. Fingers crossed, knock on wood and the random number goods with her hopefully. She still wasn't quite getting as much of a handle on some of the new ingredients as she'd like. Most of her attempts went either extremely well or extremely badly and today she had all spectrums. Two failures, a vanity potion and two successful crystals were accomplished.

ID: 31444
ID: 31446
ID: 31447
CD: 2+1=3 (Fail)
ID: 31448
CD: 4+1=5 (Good Item)
ID: 31449

Edited by Piera

Piera was not usually a gambling sort. Apart from the occasional blackjack games. But she was starting to feel the pressure as the date for the boss raid drew nearer and nearer. So she decided to take a chance. She made her first ever 'Crafter's Respite' and now stood behind her counter, staring at the mint green potion. "C'mon. You can do this." She tried to tell herself, psyching herself up before grimacing. Deciding to treat it much like a bandaid or shot, the brunette snatched up the potion, popped the cork and downed it in one go. The brunette gasped at the tingly sensation after finishing it and waited for a moment before feeling a slight boost and noted the small note on her heads up display that stated that she could craft again. Mouth drawn in a taut line, the alchemist carefully crushed, heated and stirred every potion with care and finally felt like her hard work paid off. She accomplished two perfect items and out of all five of her crafts, only one ended in failure. She thought that even in that case that she could salvage the material she'd been using in the solution, but it was too tricky a process for her to accomplish successfully. Even that couldn't dampen the sense of quiet warm pride in her chest as she put away her newly created items, feeling that it had been worth the gamble and also feeling up for a game of blackjack.

ID: 31459
ID: 31460
ID: 31461
LD: 10+1=11 (mat lost)
ID: 31462
ID: 31463

Edited by Piera

Piera felt a little lazy today. She hadn't been able to get much sleep and was only up for a short amount of time in the morning to have something to eat before going back to sleep. Lee had left to do a quest or something, she'd been too tired to fully understand what he had said. Eventually though in the late afternoon, she stirred and forced herself to get up, even though she still felt bone tired. The brunette knew that she needed to do her crafts for the day even if she didn't do anything else. Rubbing her face and equipping her clothes and glasses, the alchemist flumped down the stairs to the main area of the shop. But by the time she was done crafting, the young woman was starting to think that she should've just stayed in bed or at least waited until she was well rested. She wasn't happy with her results, though to be fair, it hadn't been complete failure. Piera grimaced when she saw the amount of materials she had left though. She'd gone through nearly everything she had and still she wasn't finished with at least one of the orders, not to mention she wasn't able to even try creating a teleport crystal. Forget ten of them. Rubbing her face tiredly once again, the brunette opened her menu and tried to figure out where she should go to get more materials.

ID: 31574
ID: 31575
LD: 5+1=6 (mat lost)
ID: 31576
CD: 7+1=8 (Good Item)
ID: 31577
ID: 31578
CD: 9+1=10 (Uncommon Item)

Edited by Piera

Piera entered her shop with a small content smile on her face before flipping the sign in the window to 'open'. She'd just gotten back from a very enjoyable material gathering outing. And now was ten materials richer, which she definitely needed. The brunette walked over to her counter before getting out her tools. The Potioneer's Kit came out first, pouring a few of the solutions into the cauldron before lighting the flame underneath so it could begin heating while she prepared. Next she got out her mortar and pestle and finally she scrolled through her materials in her inventory before choosing five specific ones and laying them out on the counter's cloth. Finally she got to work, cutting, squeezing and grinding each of the materials before sliding them into the bubbling mixture in turn. Her first attempt brightened her hopes but the next three dimmed them. Just when she least expected it though, she was able to craft a perfect crystal, salvaging her mood if not her mats.

ID: 31687
ID: 31688
ID: 31689
ID: 31690
LD: 5+1=6 (mat lost)
ID: 31691

Edited by Piera

Today was a good day. She had awoken to a message from the artisan she had stumbled upon on the fourth floor saying that her lucky charm was ready, which was a pleasant surprise as she had only put in the order the previous day. After going to retrieve the item, she returned back to her shop, smiling down at the opal heart hanging from her neck. She was glad to have it to help with her newly acquired First Aid skill. With this she could truly support her friends in battle. Now all she needed was that heavy armor. But she'd have to settle for cranking out a few more items for the boss raid. Today was more successful than usual, at least on average. She had only one failure and one good item but no perfect sadly. The brunette wished to supply more Mass HP Recovery Crystals as they would likely be the most useful rather than individual crystals, but supposed that perhaps the system was saving her luck for when she could make teleport crystals. Those were the most important by far. Renewed with determination, the alchemist set to gather more materials.

ID: 31844
CD: 9+1=10 (Uncommon Item)
ID: 31845
ID: 31846
ID: 31847
ID: 31848

Edited by Piera

I walked into a potion shop that was at a first impression considerably less scary than miss mari's to say the least. I also noticed a brown haired girl working on potions i assume behind the counter. not wanting to distract her i simply picked up an order form and began to fill it out. 

Name: [Trill kill]
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: 
ID: [Leave blank]
Roll: [Leave blank]
Item Type: [Potion]
Quality: [Perfect]
Enhancements: [+3 damage]
Description: [If you can make it taste like strawberries that be pretty wizard]

After I was finished with the order form I set it down on the counter and looked around for the bell your supposed to ring for service. I couldn't find one so instead i took out the service bell I keep in my pocket for this joke and set it down on the table. After slamming an unnecessary amount of loud dings I walked across the room and sat down on a crate. Il be paying in col by the way. I said as I got a little more comfortable.

Piera was typing out a few messages between herself and Lowenthal concerning a new addition to their guild while simultaneously seeing how much solution her Potioneer's Kit had and if she could chance trying to make something with the two mats she had left when she heard the bell to the shop's door chime and she quickly swiped away her menu, putting on a polite smile as she greeted, "Welcome! How can I help you?" The brunette watched as a dark haired tan teen walked into her shop, looking around momentarily before spotting her order forms. He filled out one of the order forms she had laid out in a small stack and the alchemist wondered what he wanted for her to create.

She was just about to take the sheet of paper after he set it on the counter in front of her when the boy took out a service bell that looked like it was straight from a hotel lobby, set it down on the counter....and started tapping it repeatedly. At each ding, Piera's eyes twitched a little until she gently but firmly rested her own hand over his to prevent him from ringing the bell any more. "That's enough now. I'm right here, there's no need to be rude."  Taking the order form, the bespectacled young woman glanced over it before frowning slightly as she saw what he wanted crafted. "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to complete this order. Every combat item I craft is going to those who will be fighting the eleventh floor boss. I can however recommend other alchemists if you'd like."

The nice lady explained how she was the boss bit- WHaa i mean boss battle alchemist for this floor boss soooo i aint gonna get my potions i need for my quest. oh ok im sorry, i usually go to miss mari but... her place is a little scary. Mari is a little scary. I explained as i slowly realize i may have to go to her again. I then got up from the crate and walked up to the counter face to face with the lady. I'd be happy however to hear who you would recommend since you know mari scares the hell out of me. I said as i dragged the bell off the table and stuffed it back into my pocket for my next victim. I gotta keep these things now since ariel threw my favorite loudest one in the fire...

Piera relaxed only slightly when the teen put away the ridiculous bell. An eyebrow twitched at the name drop of the high level alchemist PK, the brunette nodding in understanding at what he meant, though what little knowledge she had of the guild leader was all second hand. When he showed interest in a recommendation she thought for a moment before replying, "A guildmate, Zandra, has a shop on floor two. She's just as good as I am. If she's booked though, I think I remember seeing an player run alchemy shop on the fourth floor. But I don't know them or how good they might be. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you." The bespectacled young woman shrugged with a politely apologetic smile that came from years of customer service training.

Kalesh opens the door and steps inside with a slightly less amused face than the one he usually wore. His hair was wet and shiny, he likely had just gotten out of a bath not long ago for some unknown reason, but either way whatever he needed to wash out was no longer in his hair or his clothes. "Heeeeey, Piera!" He starts tapping through his menus and takes out a potion that was one third full, setting it down in front of her, tapping the item to bring up its description, confirming it was indeed the potion she had given him in the past, keeping his voice down so not to harm her business at all if a customer was listening. "Would you mind tasting this potion and tell me if it tastes like a tart to you?" He looked to her curiously. When he sipped it, it was pretty rancid tasting. It was obvious something was wrong with the taste though, he wouldn't ask otherwise. "It did heal me though."

He does however notice before long her listing stating she was a rank five alchemist, and memories of his col and material investment went through his mind as he never got a status update potion. A slight smile on his face as he asks "Oh, is my teleport crystal ready?" He pauses briefly to add "If so, feel free to toss it at the nearest floor-boss-battler you find... Like your leader for example." He grins and shrugs his shoulders softly. "I'm too weak to go this time."

Piera was writing up a reply message in her menu when she hears the tell tale jingle of her shop's door opening and swiped her menu closed, putting on her best customer service smile as she greeted, "Welco- Kalesh!" Her usual greeting interrupted as she recognized the redheaded player that walked through her shop. "Jeez what happened to you? You okay?" His appearance definitely seemed.....wet, not to mention a bit more subdued compared to his usual pep. She leaned in when he approached her counter and spoke lowly as he took out an item, a potion.

Frowning at the question, the brunette took the potion and opened it before taking an experimental sniff before wincing. It certainly didn't smell like roses. Meeting Kalesh's eyes, the alchemist steeled her will before taking a quick sip of the potion before her face screwed up in disgust, sticking her tongue out as she shook her head. "Ugh what the hell. Wait..." Tapping the item, she pulled up its specs and saw that she had made this disgusting poor excuse for a potion. "I made this?? Kalesh I am so sorry, I think I sold you a bad potion. You say it healed you still? Thank god for that at least... I'll give you a refund."

When he asked if his teleport crystal was ready, Piera's expression turned even more apologetic and full of lament until he continued to add for her to give it to someone going to the boss battle as he was too weak to go himself. Smiling sadly she replied, "For that, I'm glad. I've heard that this is going to be a tough one. Your mats along with another donation were really able to help me grind to the level I needed to craft teleport crystals. But now I'm out of mats again." The alchemist let out a dry chuckle. "I've got a huge order waiting for the entire boss raid group actually and half of them are for said teleport crystals, but they're impossible to craft it seems and because I've been spending all of my time grinding my craft, I'm now under-leveled for all the good quests."

The brunette let out a sigh at her predicament before shaking her head. "But enough about me. Hey, I did manage to make something for you though." She turned and scanned the shelves behind her before plucking up two crystals and setting them on the counter. The two being a Record Crystal and Message Record Crystal that she pushed towards the redhead for him to inspect, their specs coming up at a tap.