[F3] Piera's Potent Potions <<Rank 7 Alchemist>> (PK Accessible)

He smiled at Piera's apparent worry, saying to her "I'm fine, it's just..." He scratched his head "If you see a Nepent with a fruit on it, don't fight it." He chuckled softly and adds "The smell is awful and what comes after was worse." He grinned softly at first but then watched as she sipped the potion, seeing that it wasn't a debuff from the nepent juice or something, it did taste bad. "It's okay, I don't blame you really, I am to understand it was made before we met. So you weren't quite as high up in rank as you are now." He offers her a wink and adds "Oh! A refund might be a bit much..." He blinks when two crystals were put in front of him, smiling as he tapped them to see what they were before saying "Ooh~! How about I just take these instead?" He chuckled softly, not that sore about the potion, but willing to share the pain if only a little.

When she explained the situation with the boss monster he nodded in understanding. "Sooo...." He crosses his arms as if waiting for her to say something "Would it bug you..." He pauses just a bit more "If I said I told you so?" He chuckled, remembering their second meeting where they exchanged friend requests. He told her this would happen! He knew from the get-go she was gonna get some good business. "Oh, and it was no trouble. It was, what, one day's worth of crafts for you maybe?" He chuckled softly and shrugs his shoulders. "I am happy to hear that it helped though, if only a little bit." He smiled proudly that he had if only a slight impact. He holds up the message crystal and grins as it says "If only a little bit" to which Kalesh chuckled happily.

With her mentioning her level problems he shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm going to have a good idea how it feels to be underpowered soon I think." He grins and goes through a few menus before showing her one and putting his finger over one skill, revealing he had the katana skill! It was unranked, but it was there. "I need to train a new weapon, and the best part? I still have my level intact." He groans softly "But you can keep talking about yourself if you want. It's all good for me. And if you want to try and smack some baddies, I'd be happy to come. With or without company is good if you have others in mind." He grins and his eyes glow for a minute before camera-like sound was heard, Kalesh lifting the second crystal and tapping it, a picture of Piera as he saw her that moment showing up much like how menus did. It seemed he was enjoying them!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Piera's head tilted in confusion and curiosity. "Not sure what a nepent is, but sure." As Kalesh tried to make excuses for her poor excuse for a potion, the brunette shook her head. "We met when you first came to me as a customer and no matter my level that doesn't excuse this piece of crap." She laughed though as he gladly accepted the two different recording crystals as a sort of exchange.

However when the red head asked if it would 'bug' her if he told her 'I told you so', it took her a moment of thinking before it finally clicked what he meant and her expression flattened, giving him a very utterly unamused behind her glasses. "Just a bit." Then sighing she allowed a small tired smile. "Truthfully it's definitely good for business but because of this I have next to no business. All I have for sale is good potions that don't help in battle. So it's a real bummer when I have to turn away new customers because all the crystals I'm making are going to the raid group. Which of course is a good cause. Augh. I dunno. Guess I just feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place."

Her laugh echoed in the small shop after he utilized his new message recording crystal to record a small bit of what he had said and repeat it back to her childishly. "Oh god why do I get the feeling that I'm going to regret giving you those?" The brunette leaned over the counter and tilted her head to see his menu as he pointed to something on it and her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Whoa, nice one!" This was her first time ever seeing someone with the katana skill. "Have you got an actual katana yet? Or do you need to put points into the skill to do that first? I'm not really sure how it works."

When Kalesh offered to help her 'smack some baddies', Piera's head tilted to the other side in consideration. "Hmm...wellllll... I could use some leveling up. And you too I'll bet." She teased momentarily before explaining, "My guild's been busy getting ready for the boss raid and they're all way over leveled compared to me. I'm not good enough to solo and my boyfriend is lower than me and usually out farming for mats for the shop. So it'd be nice to just go out with a friend and do some trash quest." Her smile was hopeful as she suggested, "I've never gotten around to doing that quest on level one, something about...Medicine in the Forest or something like that? Have you done that one?"

Kalesh shrugged as he put the crystals into his inventory, happy to keep a hold on them in exchange for the taste he had to suffer through. T'was a small price to pay for the endless amusement he would have with these little memory keepers! "They're not very strong, they are just an annoyance, but they horde you if you do the wrong thing." He chuckled and recollection of killing twenty four in a row without rest.

He smiled happily despite her saying it might bug her, trying not to laugh until she started explaining how she didn't want to be turning away customers. He nodded in understanding, figuring that would be rather disappointing for everyone involved unfortunately, but the fact she was chosen for a huge order was quite the great thing in his mind! "Well, congratulations on getting lots of business in any case. You'll still have me as a customer once the boss battle ends, so there's that." He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders "I hope you overfill them soon enough so you can go about your business at a calmer rate~"

Kalesh couldn't deny feeling pride at the fact she took notice of his katana skill, a grin stuck to his face as he nodded and tapped through his inventory to take out a rare quality katana. "It's not ideal, but it will do it's job just as good as my scimitar once I actually rank up... See, anyone can hold a katana, but you have to rank the skill up before you can actually use sword arts or anything!" He chuckled as he looked the sword over and returns it to his inventory. "So basically..." He takes out his large serrated scimitar a moment later "This is better since I am doing six damage rather than three. For now." He winked, the proficiency giving him a handy boost.

When she started talking about doing a trash quest he seemed eager to accept, then she mentioned the medicine of the forest. His eyes went wide and he nodded weakly and said "Thaaaaat's the one..." He took a breath and said "Nepents are large plant creatures on the first floor... ugly too. You gotta kill three of the ones with flowers, and my advice is to avoid ones with fruit like the plague on steroids." He grinned and said "Let's just say someone of my level was almost brought into the yellow." he chuckled softly and said "If it's for a friend though... sure, we can go kill some stuff!"

Edited by Kalesh

Piera smiled warmly as Kalesh promised his business to her shop once the fight against floor eleven's boss ended. "And for that, I'm grateful. It's nice to have regular customers." The brunette gestured to her otherwise empty shop. She hadn't gotten in many customers after having to turn away a few people looking for items to use in battle and she was sure that word had spread sadly. It seemed that no one was interested in her other, more unconventional, potions. But she perked up when the red head equipped a gleaming katana, causing her eyes to widen in appreciation and wonder behind her glasses. "Whoa, gah katanas are always so cool."

While she herself had never been interested in wielding such a weapon, she definitely had appreciation for how katana wielders moved and fought, the weapon itself fluid and elegant. Nodding in understanding as he explained, the alchemist replied, "Mm, that's a shame. I'm sure you'll be able to level it up in no time though. Now you just need samurai armor too! Haha." She could just picture the male dressed up in full samurai gear, complete with helmet. Eyeing his scimitar as he took it out, she noticed the bleed spec on it and thought that the serrated edge was very appropriate.

Piera was hoping that Kalesh would be eager to help her even if it was a pretty low floor quest, but her hope dimmed when she saw his expression when she described the quest. "Eh? Wait...this quest is the one with nepents?" The brunette listened carefully as he described his encounter and when he mentioned that his health was almost brought into the yellow, her eyebrows raised in concern. "Are you sure we can do this? You don't have to. I mean...were you alone when you did the quest?"

My last stop in preparing for the quest i was going to take on, pieras shop. I needed some crystals so i could prevent myself from dieing if i needed to. I had already asked two other shops for my other items, and only hp crystals was left. I walked in to the shop an called out to the shop owner "hello! I need two hp crystals of either uncommon or rare quality i dont  care, just whatever u get first, Ima pay with mats if that alright." I call out.

after calling out i lay out the order form i had filled out

Name: HP recovery crystal
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: 
ID: [Leave blank]
Roll: [Leave blank]
Item Type: [Crystal]
Quality: [Rare]
Enhancements: Hp recovery
Description: Red health crystal used instantly to heal the user by 20 points.

Name: HP recovery crystal
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: 
ID: [Leave blank]
Roll: [Leave blank]
Item Type: [Crystal]
Quality: [Uncommon]
Enhancements: Hp recovery
Description: Red health crystal used instantly to heal the user by 15 points.

Kalesh chuckled in agreement as he also put his scimitar back into his inventory. "Yeah, they are pretty cool. I plan to try and make mine above-average in the cool-factor... How is a secret for the moment." He chuckled softly as he planned deep within his devious mind. He had it allll mapped out. He considered visiting a performer later on to get a recording to catch a familiar. He noticed as the other player walked in but only grinned, shaking his head a bit and leaving it to PIera to explain the situation as she probably had a hundred times in her mind.

When Piera suggested he wear samurai armor he chuckled and said "Really? I never thought myself the asian-inspired armor type!" He shrugged his shoulders "I have some light armor on order, actually. It's a long red leather jacket with a silver breastplate-" he waves his hand over his chest to show it covered all the important organs "-under the open jacket. And silver armbands that are strapped over the forearm's sleeves." He did think for a moment and say "Now that you mention it, nobody really wears helmets, do they?" He figured that would be interesting to try out he supposed.

At her apparent worry he smiled and said very encouragingly "Oh, the quest is easy-peasy, and yes I went solo." He chuckled softly "The important thing is not to kill any nepents with fruit on their heads. They attract a swarm of nepents that have leaves on their head. Only the flower ones count for the quest." He shrugged his shoulders. "Just run away if a fruit one shows up and we are golden." It really wasn't a big deal, he just didn't know the rules going in. "Besides, I can kill anything that comes at us with one swing of my sword, I can keep you safe." He takes out a monocle-like eyepiece from one of his pockets "This thing gives me an accuracy boost, and I have the concentration skill. So I got sharp eyes!"

The battle worn warrior entered the shop with a neutral expression on his face. He was in a black hoodie and, could easily be confused with a thief if you didn't know the man. This was the first time had walked around not armed to the teeth in a long time. He appeared to be only have some sort of knife strapped to his pants.

He walked over to the steps and, waited for Piera to have a moment. He seemed to be either trying to avoid being noticed or was trying to sneak away. When, the women finally had a moment to spare the warrior stands up and, walks over to the girl. "So, good to see you haven't died." Says the man. He appeared to be growing more blunt and, less humorous every time the women saw him.

Piera shrugged at Kalesh's surprise. "I think it might be the long red hair, but that's just me. I've been kind of bombarded with the color Crimson lately." Nodding in interest as he described the light armor he had ordered she smiled as she visualized it. "That sounds pretty sweet. I was gonna go light armor myself, but I decided to go more support than DPS. I'll leave that to you. And no I think I've only ever seen like a handful of players ever wearing helmets haha. Maybe it actually obstructs visually? It's not like in regular third person games where you can put whatever on your character." She shrugged once again, not sure as she had never put on a helmet herself to try and see what it was like.

The alchemist's posture relaxed somewhat as her red headed friend assured her that the quest was easy and he had completed it solo, before launching into a detailed description of what to avoid and what not to in said quest. "Okay that doesn't sound too difficult." Her eyebrows raised when he took out a monocle of all things and said that it boosted his accuracy. "Hahaha! Oh that's too appropriate. Does it give you an accent when you equi-" Her question filled with laughter when she heard the bell to her shop's door ring and the bespectacled young woman straightened and put on a more professional smile on as she greeted the player that had entered her shop. "Welcome! How can I help you?"

Piera's professional smile faltered just slightly when he stated what he was here for, even stating his payment method and setting down a filled out order form. Picking up the sheet, the brunette surveyed the items just to make sure she had heard him right before her green eyes glanced over the paper to survey the young man. He seemed a bit young, at least to her and was about Lee's height. But moreover, he didn't have on any armor, still wearing a dark toned variation of the starting gear for male players. She was momentarily distracted as she heard the bell to her door tinkle yet again and there entered a somewhat suspicious looking male player in a dark hoodie. "Welcome. I'll be with you in just one moment." She greeted.

Lowering the order form slightly, the brunette's eyebrows raised and pinched in an apologetic look as she explained, "I'm very sorry, but if you're not participating in the floor eleven boss raid, then all of what I can craft other than my good potions are going to that effort. If you come back after the raid though, I'll be happy to see about completing your order. Would you like me to hold onto your form? If you leave me your contact information I can message you when they're ready, even if it might be quite a while before they are."

Yet another customer turned away. Still hurt every time. After the player had either agreed or declined the arrangement and left, the brunette would sigh deeply and murmur half to herself and half to Kalesh, "I really should put up a sign or something..."  Then forcing herself to smile again when she realized she still had another customer she blinked when he walked closer and spoke. "Beoreson? I didn't recognize you at first, sorry." He seemed...off, in a way. Not his usual light laid back lazy self. Usually such a question would be said with a bit of teasing behind it, but from his tone she gathered it was a very plain statement. Frowning slightly and brow pinching in worry she nodded. "You too. I haven't heard from you in a while. Well...not that I've heard from many people lately. All busy preparing for the boss fight. How've you been?"

Kalesh raised a hand in greeting to Beoreson after hearing the name, having met him at least once before, and watched as someone unfamiliar dropped off a bunch of materials for Piera. He stared down at them for a moment and came to a conclusion within himself. "Ugh..." He started going through menus and dropped two more materials next to the little pile. "There, a much cleaner number." He had no long-thought-out thinking behind it but he preferred items be in stacks of ten, or five, or at least easier numbers to multiply in his head than a seven or eight Preferably even. Naturally it frustrates him to no end that his Col doesn't end with a clean zero-zero but it would be wasteful to just throw it away!
-2 materials

His personal quirks aside he looks to Piera and says "Hmm. That's a good point, it would need to be first-person friendly. Hm. Well, it's something to ponder. Technically since I am a light-armor player I could probably get away with a cloth wrap or maybe a hood." He chuckled softly as he says in addition "And technically like all items just having it equipped gives you the effects..." He brings the monocle to his eye and puts it in place before he says "But if it's your will madam then I think I can put on a jolly-good show for you. I say, would you fetch me a cane and a top hat? Really pull the look together it would!" He was obviously not native to the culture he was mocking. Still, he tried for the benefit of his friend, not caring about present company.

He rolled his eyes at his own stupidity and repockets the amber eyepiece and looks to Piera curiously. He was starting to think he was being rather in the way as a loiterer with customers coming and going, so he shrugged his shoulders and said "Weeeell, when do you close? I'll meet you at the teleport plaza when you are ready to do some weeding." He winked, his mood having recovered considerably thanks to the addition of his new crystals and having the chance to have lovely conversation as well.

Piera's eyebrows raised in surprise when an unfamiliar blonde teen clad in high level gear entered her shop and spoke to her of a deal, her eyebrows raising even further above her oval glasses when she realized that this must be Zelrius, the leader of the Azure Brigade. "O-Oh! Thank you Zelrius, this will help a lot." He didn't stick around to exchange pleasantries though and she was sure that he had a lot to do with his birthday party coming up as well as the plans for the boss raid.

Looking down at the materials, she frowned slightly and realized that it wasn't the exact number they had discussed in their messages, but decided that it was close enough and better than none. Then two more were suddenly added to the pile. Blinking up at Kalesh she shook her head with a only slightly exasperated smile. "Don't just go dropping mats in front of me mister, you'll never see them again. You sure?" She was somewhat desperate for materials, but didn't want to take from those who were equally in need. Mats were the currency that everyone seemed to prefer after all.

While he gave his answer and Beoreson spoke to her, she began to sort through the various ingredients on her counter and took out her Potioneer's Kit using some of the bottles in it to pour into her cauldron before lighting the fire underneath. Taking out her mortar and pestle from under the counter, the brunette began grinding up materials, leaving the two that Kalesh had set down for now in case he changed his mind. The crafting process went by quickly and it was a bit odd for her. She practically got every outcome possible, from failure to her first perfectly crafted teleport crystal. Smiling sadly at the accomplishment she murmured somewhat dishearteningly, "Only nine to fourteen more to go..." She wasn't entirely sure how many players would be fighting in the boss raid, but ideally she would like to be able to craft enough for each and every one of them, especially her own guild leader. At this rate though...she was starting to lose hope as the date for the battle grew closer and closer.

Shaking her head, the brunette put away the uncommon, rare and perfect potions and crystal into her reserve stash and the single good potion up on her shelves, deciding to label them later. Kalesh's light-hearted show of accent and monocle did manage to raise her spirits a little, chuckling at the act. "You forget good sir, that I am not a tailor, but an alchemist." Considering his question of when she closed she shook her head. "Not sure. I'll send you a message though and meet you there. ...And Kalesh?" Piera's smile turned soft and grateful as she stated simply with utter sincerity, "Thanks." 

Turning her attention back to her other friend, she ducked her head sheepishly, "Sorry for all of the hustle, been busy with the boss raid. Anyway, how are you? What can I do for you?"

ID: 32790
CD: 2+1=3 (Fail)
EXP: 1
-1 Mat
ID: 32791
CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon Item)
EXP: 3
-1 Mat
ID: 32792
CD: 12+1=13 (Perfect Item)
EXP: 8
-2 Mats
ID: 32793
CD: 4+1=5 (Good Item)
EXP: 2
-1 Mat
ID: 32794
CD: 3+1=4 (Bad Item)
-1 Mat
ID: 32795
CD: 9+1=10 (Rare Item)
EXP: 5
-1 Mat

Edited by Piera

"Nothing much, I've been taking it easy. One could say I have become lazy, and unreliable." says the warrior as he notice more a new customer arrive in the shop. "I'll move out of you're way. I was just checking in before I do anything too stupid." says the warrior as he moves away from the counter.  The raven haired man puts down the hood revealing that he has grown some scruff since the last time he was seen by Piera. He returns the gesture to Kalesh. He thinks to himself, "Do I know that man?"

Piera frowned at Beoreson's less than enthusiastic response. Once she took care of what needed to be done, the brunette surveyed the dark haired player as he lowered his hood. He looked a bit worn and haggard and definitely more scruffy than the last time they had happened across each other. "Hey, you're a fine member of the Crimson Blades. Don't let Mack catch you sayin' that stuff, he'll whip ya into shape." She tried to joke with him before her brow tightened slightly at his next statement. "Oi, leave the stupid stuff to me. You need to take care of yourself. Can I get you anything? Interested in some potions perhaps?" The alchemist asked with a smile, holding out her arms like a show girl as she gestured to the shelf of good potions. "Nobody else seems to want them. Pick one out. Maybe you could prank a friend with one of em."

As she conversed with Beoreson, Piera continued to craft, grinding up the materials she had chosen before adding them to the brew. This batch wasn't quite as successful as the previous one, but she did get another perfect crystal out of it, which was her main goal. The additional material requirement for the recipe was seriously cutting into her reserves though. And yet her store of useless potions was growing. It'd be really great if at least somebody would take an interest in them. She sighed and placed the potions and crystal in their proper places, whether on the shelves, the barrel or stashed away with the rest of the order for the boss raid. Then she focused back on her friend Beoreson. "See anything you like?"

ID: 32846
CD: 4 (Bad Item)
LD: 15
 Mat Salvaged
ID: 32847
CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon Item)
EXP: 3
-1 Mat
ID: 32850
CD: 6+1=7 (Good Item)
-1 Mat
ID: 32851
CD: 1+1=2 (Fail)
-1 Mat
ID: 32852
CD: 11+1=12 (Perfect Item)
EXP: 8
-2 Mats
ID: 32853
CD: 5+1=6 (Good Item)
-1 Mat

Edited by Piera

Kalesh couldn't help but grin at Piera's surprised reaction and, as he saw it, motherly scolding for just dropping his materials in front of her. "I'll leave my materials wherever I wanna! You're not my Mom!" He crosses his arms and forces himself to pout before breaking down and just shaking his head "Anyways, take them. You need them way~ more than I do." He gives her a wink and stretches out a bit as he readied himself to head out. The next thing he did though was grin to Piera after she spoke to the others "If you were I'd be harassing you to make my armor." He laughs softly and shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe a plushie or two, just to confuse people." He raises his hand in front of him and slowly moves it from left to right in an 'imagine' or 'storytelling' way. "Imagine, if you would, a black knight clad in heavy armor with a heavy blade as black as the night, and there, strapped to his hip, is his noble companion Ser Hoppington Von Winklestein The Third. His pink stuffed bunny self ever cheering him onward to victory... and whispering death and destruction to him towards all others."

After letting his imagination run wild and unrestrained or sedated he looked to Piera as she then thanked him and smiled genuinely and not in a joking way. " I'm happy to help a friend." He looks to the door and adds "Well, I'll get something to eat while I wait. Have fun with all this." He said as he finally moved to leave the shop, the two materials left behind on the counter as he calls back "Tell me if your patrons are getting lazy with the material drop-offffs!" just as he was passing through the door, naturally confusing a passerby or twelve on his wait out.

The outskirts of Delilah was where he spent most of time, yet the ordinary cottage that always seemed to loom in the distance had always gone under his radar. A bout of boredum had lead him up the stone path and to the front door, where he was met with a sign depicting the building's intended purpose as an apothecary, as well as the name: "Piera's Potent Potions". He rubbed his jawline in thought, trying to recall where he'd heard the name, but ultimately gave up after a few long seconds of pensive thought. He placed his hand on the handle and pushed the door open, and was immediately greeted with the artifical scent of flowers and herbs. Takao took in the interior's decoration for a moment, glancing over the various potions that were out for display, until one caught his eye. The scent pierced through the otherwise pleasant aromas in the building, but the murky red liquid that seemed to smoke behind the glass had immediately caught his attention. His wide-eyed, dazzled stare lingered on the potion, until he finally spoke up. "I need it."

Piera laughed at Kalesh's antics and called out, "See ya later Kalesh!" As the door shut behind him. Shaking her head, the brunette was about to insist that Beoreson come out of his unusual shell (for him at least), but the bell rang again, signaling her door opening. "Did you forge-" She began to ask, assuming that it was simply her red headed friend entering again, rather than a customer. Five people in her shop in one day!? It was unheard of!

The bespectacled young woman blinked somewhat owlishly as she stared at the other brown haired young man that had entered before finally remembering her manners. "Ah, welcome!" His attention seemed to be solely focused on a potion in particular before declaring his need for it. Approaching the object in questinon, Piera's eyebrows raised in surprise before glancing back at the player. She was about to ask him if he was sure, but quite honestly, she was happy to get rid of some of her less useful potions, not to mention get some income. Maybe he'd even pay in mats! "Of course. You have a good eye for the unusual. Will that be three hundred col or one material?" She asked politely for his payment method before biting her lip and her conscious ultimately winning out. "And um, please be sure to thoroughly read the warning label before consuming."

He didn't seem capable of taking his eyes off the item now that his interest was entirely enraptured by it. Even as he was approached he continued to stare, and only averted his gaze and looked toward Piera when he heard her speak up. He hadn't heard what she said, only her voice, and he didn't want to appear rude so he opted to nod along with whatever she'd said. "Uh... yeah, alright, that sounds good." he said, mindlessly opening his menu and instinctively swiping through the lists until he arrived at the trade feature. His attention sank back to the potion as he offered up the trade to Piera, unknowingly swiping the slider for the amount of materials further than he'd been intending to. "This should cover it, yeah?" he said without taking his eyes off the potion.

- -

-35 Materials

Piera was amazed and perhaps just a little bit disturbed with the attention the young man was giving her potion. It was probably best not to ask what he intended to do with it after he'd bought it. Nodding along as he agreed to the trade, she swiped open her menu as the trade option popped up and surveyed to see if he decided to pay in col or materials. But when her green eyes fell upon the amount, they bulged practically out of their sockets. Feeling somewhat weak in the knees, the brunette clutched onto a nearby shelf to steady herself, slightly rattling the phials that were on it as she stared at the menu. "Th- Itsss- Mnn..." Piera struggled with the words, actually wondering for a moment if she could possibly get away with just accepting the trade before he could back out. But she couldn't do that. He might be a fellow crafter, and even if he wasn't, mats were a valuable currency right now and he might need them himself. Sighing somewhat despondently, the bespectacled woman shook her head and cleared her throat. "Ahem. Y-Yes, technically. But you're overpaying me. By about thirty four materials. This potion only costs one material."

"Hm?" Takao said as he pulled his attention away from the potion and glanced down at the menu. He raised an eyebrow at the amount but didn't seem too bothered otherwise, if one were to judge by the dismissive shrug of his shoulders. "Oh. Well. That's not that big of a deal. I bet you're probably busy with making stuff for the boss fight since you're an Alchemist, right?" he said as he looked up from the menu to her. His own profession's usefulness was fairly high, but given the amount of preparation he'd already done ahead of time, dropping a load of materials off on somebody who would need them more didn't come off as an issue - at least, not to him. "You can have 'em anyways if you want."