[R.6-F15] Amorous Armors and Armaments

Sweat fell from her forehead to the anvil below her, evaporating almost immediately from the heat of the forge behind her. Piece after piece, she continued to just ruin the materials that Ruby had given her. Looking down at the bent piece of metal on the metal workbench, she took it in her gloves hand and tossed it to the side, the failed weapon shattering into pixels as it hit the ground. The woman then graved a simple piece of iron ore and, luckily enough, was able to forge a simple iron short sword. Feeling a bit better about herself, she grabbed some steel, hoping the better material would call for better results. To her surprise, she was able to create a sword much stronger than the last, one that she decided to use for her own, rather than sell it in her shop.

--------------------------

ID 90468
CD 2
Exp  1
-1 Mat

ID 90469
CD 7 Uncommon
Exp 3
-1 Mat
Iron Short Sword (+1 Dmg)
 An iron short sword with a small silver cross in the center of the blade

ID 90470
CD 12 Perfect
Exp 8
-1 Mat
Talon of the Eagle Perfect: +2 DMG, +1 BLEED)

ID 90471
CD 2
Exp 1
-1 Mat

ID 90472
CD 3
Exp 1
-1 Mat

Totals:

35 T1 Mats
97 exp 

Edited by Jevi
  • 2 years later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite the coming of fall and the cooler air, the heat of the fifth floor seemed unchanging and just as brutal. Outside of the main settlement, just beyond the safety of the area effect sat the small looking, rounded dome of a smithery. Like an iceberg, smaller on the surface, hid the large workshop that nearly tripled in size from the small abode above. The roaring forge made the dry, desert heat outdoors seem mundane.

Jevi sat crosslegged on the floor, only wearing a pair of pants that stopped mid way down her calves and a strapless tube top that covered her chest. She would never be caught dead wearing something as revealing outdoors, but as she worked in this hell of a forge, it was what she needed to do to avoid dying of heat exhaustion. She did not mind the heat, in all honesty, made her feel alive..definitely despised the cold. 

Sitting on the floor, using a sharp dagger that she had crafted, Jevi finished cutting her hair - an undercut on the sides and back, leaving just hair on the top of her head. It wasn't a perfect job, but she liked it. "Alright, time to get to work." She said as she stood, running her hand through her hair to remove any of the extra strands that lingered. Grabbing from her pile of ore and materials, Jevi grabbed her mallet and began to craft. 

ID 177040
CD 4 Salvage
LD 17 (Keep Material)
+ 2 Exp

ID 177041
CD 3 Fail
+ 1 Exp

ID 177042
CD 10 Rare Item
+ 5 EXP

Spoiler

(Accidentally meant T1)

Name: Falchion

Profession: Blacksmith

ID: 177042

Roll: 10

Tier: 1

Quality: Rare

Item Type: OH Curved Sword

Enhancements: (+2 DAM)

ID 177043
CD 7 Salvage
LD 15 (Keep Material)
+2 Exp

ID 177044
CD 9 Uncommon Item
+ 3 Exp

Spoiler

Name: Taliesin Sicle

ID: 177044

Roll: 9

Tier: 1

Quality: Uncommon

Item Type: OH Curved Sword

Enhancements: (+1 DAM)

Edited by Jevi

Jevi pushed her brown hair back from in front of her face, letting out a heavy sigh as she did so. "Alright, lets do this." she said through a huff, before grabbing her tools and getting to work. Placing material after material on her workbench, she banged the raw metals into various pieces.. some coming out as something useful, others just becoming wasted pieces of junk. Even then, nothing she could pass as a perfect craft. "Shit.. no one ever buys stuff unless its Perfect quality."  Placing the completed objects on the wall for sale, in case anyone really wanted it at some point, she went back to work.

ID 180463
CD 10
T2 Rare Heavy Armor
+5 EXP

ID 180464
CD 7
T2 Uncommon Curved Sword
+3 EXP

ID 180465
CD 3 Fail
+1 EXP

ID 180466
CD 2 Fail
+1 EXP

ID 180467
CD 7
T2 Uncommon Curved Sword
+3 EXP

Totals:
-  5 T2 Mats
+ 13 EXP

Edited by Jevi
  • 1 year later...

A new outlook on life meant a change of scenery, and that meant getting out of that literal hell hole in the middle of the desert. She only chose that spot because it was secluded, and she enjoyed being alone. At least, thats what she told her self. But she was trying to be a better person, so that meant picking herself up out of the hole she put herself in... again, quite literally. 

Never having the balls to journey up to the higher floors before now, Jevi found solace on the fifteenth floor, something about it still provided that quiet solitude she liked, while also not leaving her completely alone. The new shop was less of a cluttered death trap, and even had a small bedroom so she didn't have to sleep on the floor.

Stepping into the space, she felt confident as she took up her tools once more after so long. That determination to actually produce something of work proved fruitful; not a single failed craft for the day. 

ID 207140
CD 8 Uncommon T4 Light Armor
+3 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Brawler's Jerkin
ID: 207140
Roll: 12
Tier: 4

Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: Regen

ID 207141
CD 10 Rare T4 Light Armor
+5 EXP

Spoiler

Name:  Chainmail Shirt
ID: 207141

Enhancements: MIT | MIT

ID 207142
CD 8 Uncommon T4 Light Armor
+3 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Iron Breastplate
ID: 207142

Enhancements: MIT

ID 207143
CD 12 Perfect T4 Light Armor
+8 EXP

Spoiler

Name:  Black Rose Breastplate
ID: 207143

Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: MIT | MIT | REC

A dark iron breast plate with gold trimming. Loose pauldrons hang over the shoulders as to not hinder the wearer's mobility, and bands around the arm provide extra protection. The center of the chest denotes the engraving of a rose. 

ID 207144
CD 11 Rare T4 Light Armor
+5 EXP

Spoiler

Name:  Second Wind
ID: 207144

Enhancements: REC | REG

Edited by Jevi

Grave pushed through the door to 'Amorous Armours and Armaments' and wheezed. "God, I thought the mountains on the second floor were rough." He leaned against the doorframe and caught his breath. "You couldn't have picked a less 'climb-y' location to move shop to?" he groaned and stumbled into the store. He stood there for two seconds, three seconds, and stood up straight, running a hand through his messy white hair, pushing it back into its familiar wave. He flashed a smile at Jevi, as if he hadn't looked like he was dying a moment ago.

"I've come to request that gear I've been meaning to commission from you," he announced finally. "I've done some thinking, I'd like a couple pieces of plate armour, just some shoulder pads and a chestplate to go over this," he requested and pointed at the leather jacket he wore, stitched with purple thread and embroidered with a purple rose over his heart. "Maybe some metal bands around the arms too. Plated with something gold, if you don't mind."

The brunette turned to look at Grave as he entered through the open doorway to her shop, winded from the journey up the mountainside. "You know.. You could have just teleported to Lharsi and traveled down the mountain rather than up." Her shoulders rose and fell with a shrug, "But hey, guess you just wanted to live that mountain man life again." she added with a wink. Pulling herself from the workbench, she walked over to Grave. "But I hope you like it.. its a lot more peaceful than the old floor five spot. It even has a small bedroom, so I don't have to sleep on the floor anymore. The old man who rented out the space also told me that if I can turn a profit, he might open up the rest of the building for me to have as my own house." 

On to business, Jevi looked at Grave's jacket for a moment before heading over to a table that housed a few of her more recent creations. "I might have just the thing already made."  Grabbing an iron breastplate, she would bring it over to Grave. Before handing it to him, she would notice the rose on his jacket, "Wait."  Taking the armor back to her workbench, some quick work with a hammer would result in a similar emblem in the center of the armor. "There, how about this?" 

Name:  Black Rose Breastplate
ID: 207143
Enhancements: MIT | MIT | REC

A dark iron breast plate with gold trimming. Pauldrons hang loosely over the shoulders as to not hinder the wearer's mobility, and bands around the arms provide extra protection. The center of the chest denotes the engraving of a rose. 

Edited by Jevi

((OOC: Not the same day Grave is in the shop))

Flurries of white speckles slowly fell from the sky. The winter up in the mountain was cold, especially with so many open spaces that looked out over the mountain. However, out of all places to be, she was happy she was at least in a place where she needed it to be hot. And at least on this floor she could see all different weather patterns, rather than hot sand, cold sand, and sandstorm.

Maybe this new environment was getting to her a bit, at least whenever a frigid breeze cut through the open air storefront. By the end of the day, Jevi had wasted most of her materials, and made it out with only one weapon that probably would never find a home. One day she would get better at this. 

ID 207492 | CD 1
+1 EXP

ID 207493 | CD 5 | LD 8
+2 EXP

ID 207494 | CD 11
+5 EXP
Rare T4 Weapon

Name: Fish Hook Saber
ID: 207494
Item Type: Saber
Enhancements: Bleed |  Accuracy

A thin blade with a hook near the tip. Usually induces some extra rip an tear damage

ID 207495 | CD 5 | LD 12 (Keep Material)
+2 EXP

ID 207496 | CD 1
+1 EXP

-4 Mats
+ 11 EXP
158/159 EXP

Edited by Jevi

Jevi groaned as she stepped up to her workbench, "I'm so tired."  It wasn't the best of nights... her mind had wandered too far into the territory of bad memories, even dragging into her dreams. She fought hard to not fall back into that pit of despair, and ended up with hardly a good night's rest. Her work for the day was a reflection of that.. as she nearly failed everything she attempted to create. 

ID 207530 | CD 5 | LD 4
+2 EXP
-- Rank Up--

ID 207531  | CD 4 LD 10
+2 EXP

ID 207532  | CD 1
+1 EXP

ID 207533  | CD 5 | LD 16
+2 EXP | Keep Material

ID 207534  | CD 6 | LD 5
+2 EXP

ID 2075305 | CD 4 | LD 19
+2 EXP | Keep Material

Edited by Jevi

With the Challenge of Olympus complete, the blessing of the gods in her hand, and a newfound confidence, Jevi returned to her shop on the fifteenth floor and immediately got to work. Using the skills she had learned from the god of blacksmiths, she focused on each piece she wanted to create, envisioning it within her mind before starting the process. Her hard work paid off, as she created two new pieces of gear for herself, and a third to put on sale.

ID 207555 | CD 1 + 1 | Fail
+1 EXP

ID 207556 | CD 6 + 1 | Uncommon T4 Weapon
+3 EXP
Name: Switch Blade
ID: 207556
Roll: 6+1
Item Type: Dagger
Enhancements: Bleed

ID 207557 | CD 12 + 1 | Perfect T4 Weapon
+8 EXP
Name: Maelstrom Vambraces
ID: 207557
Roll: 12+1
Item Type: Gauntlets 
Enhancements: Keen | Keen | Paralyze

A pair of bracers worn on the forearms that appear as more of a frame of iron, rather than a solid piece. They sit over a pair of long, padded gloves, and seem to spark with electricity when activated in battle. 

ID 207558 | CD 6 + 1 | Uncommon T4 Light Armor
+3 EXP
Name: Chain Shirt
ID: 207558
Enhancements: Mitigation

ID 207559 | CD 12 + 1 | Perfect T4 Light Armor
+8 EXP
Name: Brawler's Respite
ID: 207559
Enhancements:  Mitigation | Mitigation | Recovery

The links on this chainmail were crafted so small, at first glance the armor appears to be a silvery shirt. Meant to be worn under the user's clothes, it allows flexibility and protection, and lightweight enough to allow the user to catch their breath in the midst of battle.

ID 207560 | CD 12 + 1 | Perfect T4 Shield
+8 EXP
Name: Retribution
ID: 207560
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: Mitigation | Thorns | Thorns

A silver and marble shield with a gold trim. Any attacks that land against its smooth surface seem to bounce right back at the attacker.

200/319 EXP

Edited by Jevi

Grave stared blankly. "Wait. So I didn't need to almost die to get here?" he groaned and slapped a palm against his face. "I've never been the greatest at thinking through things, to be fair." Grave looked around the small shop set into the mountainside. "It's a beautiful little place. I really should try and upgrade to a bigger workspace myself, that tiny cylinder gets cramped after a while."

Grave stared at the dark breastplate that Jevi brought over, the same rose embroidered on his jacket hammered into the metal. He scanned its surface, ran his fingers over the gold trimming. He forgot to breathe. "This is amazing. It's perfect," he gasped. He looked up at the blacksmith. "How much for it?" he asked. "I might have been away for a while, and I might have lost my materials, but I still have a fair amount of Col in my pocket."

With hands on her hips, she looked at Grave with pursed lips. "Hmmm" her eyes narrowed, trying to think of a fair price to throw at the man for the armor. Eventually, after letting him sweat a bit, she let her ruse fall she smiled, standing up straighter and bringing her arms up to cross at her chest. "Don't worry about it. Consider it a welcome back gift." 

"Or you can just owe me one. I've got a lot of shit to do to get back into the swing of things myself.. So just think of me next time you go out on a quest or something."

As she turned and began walking back towards her workbench, she spoke over her shoulder to him once more. "Didn't you say you needed some new gauntlets or something as well? I can probably make those for you as well.. but those I'll probably have to charge you for, this girl's only got so many materials to spare. You could just pay me back later if anything."

- Trading Black Rose Breastplate

@Grave

Edited by Jevi

A wispy sigh passed through Jevi's lips as she ran the cold water from the small, trickling waterfall along her face and hair. It wasn't a shower by any means, but it definitely woke her up and helped keep her cool when the heat of the forge started roaring. Grabbing her hammer, she'd give it a small toss, flipping in the air before catching it in the palm of her hand once more. "Alright, back to work." she'd say to herself before placing down the first material of the day on the workbench.

ID 207584 | CD 12+1=13 | Perfect T4 Weapon
+10 EXP
Name: Assassin's Judgement
ID: 207584
Enhancements: Accuracy | Accuracy | Bleed

A pair of lightweight gauntlets that allow swiftness and precision with ones strikes. On a critical hit, a small hidden blade extends from the wrist to deal some extra stabbing damage. 

ID 207585 | CD 4+1=5 LD 5 | Salvage (Fail)
+4 EXP

ID 207586 | CD 10+1=11 | Rare T4 Heavy Armor
+7 EXP
Name: Juggernaut
ID: 207586
Roll: 10+1
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Enhancements: Mitigation | Taunt

ID 207587 | CD 4+1=5 LD 15 | Salvage (Success)
+4 EXP

ID 207588 | CD 6+1=7 | Uncommon T4 Weapon
+5 EXP
Name: Pin-point
ID: 207588
Item Type: Rapier
Enhancements: Accuracy

ID 207589 | CD 2+1=3 LD 6 | Salvage (Fail)
+4 EXP

+34 EXP
-5 Mats

234/319 EXP

Edited by Jevi

"You sure?" Grave asked, blinking at Jevi blankly. "I guess if that's what you want, I'm happy to owe you a favour instead." Grave smiled and ran his fingers over the rose again. "I'd find it hard not to think of you, wearing this into battle. I'll take great care of it." Grave tapped on the Black Rose Breastplate, bringing up its item information box, and accepted it into his inventory. He swiped through his menus, dragged the armour over his empty body slot and in a flash, the dark iron wrapped around his chest, the bands snapped around his arms and the pauldrons fell gently over his jacket. He rolled his shoulders and was shocked by how easily he could move under the pauldrons. "Woah, a lot lighter than I expected, but it's perfect."

"Oh yeah, definitely need some gauntlets. Name your price and I'll pay it. I'm thinking one slot of paralyze and two slots of bonus damage, if you can. The paralyze is the most important one." Grave motioned to his arms. "Something heavy that  goes most of the way up my forearms. Maybe bring a little of the old Grave back and get some dragon claws on the end or something."

Spoiler

- Received <<Black Rose Breastplate>> ID: 207143

Edited by Grave

"Hm.. Alright, let me see what I can do."  She didn't want to show it, but Jevi was pushing her limits. Having modified a previous set of armor for Grave already.. she only had so much more she could do in a day. Slipping the tunic she wore off of her shoulders, leaving her in a tight fit, sleeveless, black shirt that cut off just above the belly button, she washed her face of the sweat that gathered on her brow and went back to work. 

After a few moments of attempting to craft the requested gauntlets, as well as another few items while she had the wind left in her, she was finished. With the item in front of her, she placed both of her hands on the workbench beside her, taking in a few haggard breaths. With one, large breath in, she would pick up the item and return to Grave. "The normal price would be four materials.. Since you said you don't have them on you, you can just bring them back to me whenever you get them."

ID 208099 | CD 1+1 =2
+3 EXP

ID 208100 | CD 12+1 =13
+10 EXP
Name: Wyvern's Grasp
ID: 208100
Enhancements: Damage | Damage | Paralyze

These scale mail gauntlets resemble the razor sharp claws of a dragon. Black diamond shaped plates cover the forearm, with three golden diamonds running along the top. The knuckles and fingers are painted a deep purple, coming to a sharp iron point at the tip of each finger.

ID 208101 | CD 4+1 =5 | LD 11
+4 EXP

ID 208102 | CD 11+1 =12
+ 10 EXP
Name: The Slow Death
ID: 208102
Item Type: Katana
Enhancements: Bleed | Bleed | Accuracy

A break from the traditional craftsmanship, the sharp edge of the katana is cut jagged, tooth like edges that tear through the enemy. It may not be sharp enough to cut your opponent in two, but will wear them down over time.

ID 208103 | CD 9+1 =10
+7 EXP
Name: Dwarven Strike
ID: 208103
Item Type: 2H Battle Axe
Enhancements: Damage | Damage

ID 208104 | CD 1+1 =2
+3 EXP

-5 Mats
+37 EXP

271/319 EXP

Trading Grave Wyvern's Grasp <<ID 208100>> and a UOME for 4 Mats.

Edited by Jevi

Grave stood back as Jevi went to work. When she turned to head back into the forge, baring her arms to the world, Grave could see just how strong she was. He would say he wouldn't want to get on her bad side, but he'd already been on the receiving end of her fury more than once already. He leaned against one of the walls and shut his eyes, zoning out to the ringing of metal against hot metal.

Grave was startled out of his nap when Jevi returned with the item, her breathing ragged. She'd put the last, determined drops of her energy into this, and it showed. They were brilliant. Jevi stated her price, and before she could finish, Grave opened his mouth. "How about we account for inflation and make it six materials, hey?" he suggested with a wink. "Thank you so much for your work, these are impeccable pieces of equipment. I knew I made the right choice in coming to you," he said with a sincere, warm smile. "I only have one more stop to make to finish kitting up. I'll see you around, we should head out on a quest sometime."

Spoiler

- Received <<Wyvern's Grasp>> ID: 208100

- IOU offered for 6 materials

The woman could not help but smile at his offer to give her more than she had asked for. It was only fair, given she was originally going to gift him the breastplate for no charge. Her gaze pulled from his, a finger rounding her ear and tucking a few loose strands of hair behind it before golden orbs looks back up to him. "Alright, deal. And don't leave me hanging on the quest invitation... I need to make sure that armor and those gauntlets hold up in battle." 

ID 208219 | CD 2+1= 3
+3 EXP

ID 208220 | CD 11+1=12 | Perfect T4 Light Armor
+10 EXP

Name: Second Wind
ID: 208220
Roll: 11+1
Enhancements: Recovery | Recovery | Mitigation

Very light chainmail that allows for energy recovery during battle. The weight does not bog down the user.

ID 208221 | CD 5+1=6 LD 7
+4 EXP

ID 208222 | CD 5+1=6 LD 16
+4 EXP

ID 208223 | CD 6+1=7 | Uncommon T4 Weapon
+5 EXP

ID 208224 | CD 8+1=9 | Uncommon T4 Heavy Armor
+5 EXP

-5 Mats
+31 EXP

302/319 EXP

Edited by Jevi

Another day, another crafting attempt. Sitting at one of the open, window slits with a steaming cup of coffee in her hands, she welcomed the cold breeze that swept through her open air shop up in the mountains. Staring out into the unknown for a moment, she sighs before taking one last sip of her drink. Setting it down, she got to work. 

ID 208324 | CD 6+1=7 | Uncommon T4 Weapon
+5 EXP

ID 208325 | CD 7+1=8 | Uncommon T4 Heavy Armor
+5 EXP

ID 208326 | CD 7+1=8 | Uncommon T4 Shield
+5 EXP

ID 208327 | CD 1+1=2 
+3 EXP

ID 208328 | CD 9+1=10 | Rare T4 Heavy Armor
+7 EXP

ID 208329 | CD 6+1=7 | Uncommon T4 Heavy Armor
+5 EXP

-6 Mats
+30 EXP
Rank Up!

332/539 EXP

Edited by Jevi
  • 8 months later...

A fist crashed into the sand bag that hung haphazardly from one of the ceiling support beams, causing it to very slightly rock back and forth. It was followed up by another hit, and then another hit.. each one harder than the last. Teeth clenching as she grunts with each punch, stepping back and hitting the bag once more with everything she had. The back swings back and forth on the chain before she gently grabs the side with both hands, allowing her forehead to rest on its surface. Heavy breaths created an almost constant fog in front of her face. "Dammit.." she managed to let out, catching her breath. Patting the sweat from her forehead dry, she went back to work.

ID 210130| CD 10 | Rare T4 Shield |  +7

ID 210131 | CD 9 | Uncommon T4 Katana |+5

ID 210132 | CD 2 | Fail | +3

ID 210133 | CD 1 | Fail | +3

ID 210134 | CD 8 Uncommon T4 Dagger |+5

ID 210135 | CD 6 Uncommon T4 Heavy Armor |+5

360/539 EXP

Edited by Jevi