[OP-F3] Parts for Potions

A grin rose to Piera's face as Calrex commented on Lowenthal's personality and lack of stealthiness not fitting with his self proclaimed title. "Haha, yeah it's kind of hard to sneak around when you're as cheery and cocky as he is. But yeah, I'm glad too. For a long time I wasn't sure if I could ever be happy in here, but I'm glad to be wrong."

She scanned the surrounding area for any more promising plants before her eyes settled on a odd colored patch of flowered weeds whose leaves were almost teal in color. As the dark haired warrior declared that he had reached six materials now, she walked over to said clump and knelt down before picking the plants to see if they were any good and her grin stretched even wider if possible.

"Ah! I got one!" The alchemist crowed in triumph, standing as she slipped the plants into her inventory before looking back at Calrex. "Finally! Gah even if it was just one... Compared to your six." The brunette smiled ruefully, admitting defeat to the overleveled player.

ID: 28278
LD: 19
+1 Material

Edited by Piera

ID: 28303
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11

As Piera proclaimed that she had obtained an item Calrex gave a friendly smile in congratulations, "Nice work!"

"That new patch is certainly making it very difficult to speedily collect materials. I can only assume that was the intention of it. Can't help but wonder if all of my ridiculous gatherings trips somehow contributed to it. Oh well, live and learn I guess."

Looking down he thought he saw what appeared to be another useful item in the environment, a collection of some strange plants that appeared to be based off of a cat's tail, although it seemed to be almost transparent and reflected the sun off it. However, as he reached over and prepared to pluck it the plant seemed to dematerialize, much to his surprise, "Alright, was that some kind of joke, or did that plant just expire like a used up item."

"If you don't mind me asking, what are your plans in the game? I know a lot of people want to hurry and get to the frontlines to try and escape Aincrad faster, but I also know a handful of people that just want to run a shop, or just enjoy their time within the game while we're here. I'm curious as to what you would like to do."

Total: 7 (Piera 1 / Calrex 6)

Edited by Calrex

Piera smiled ruefully at her companion's congratulations as if he hadn't literally gotten six times that. Then again, he did have help. "Thanks. I can't believe how hard this is. It wasn't nearly this hard to find materials when I first did my Earning a Living quest. Maybe it's just the area." She had done the quest down on the first floor after all. The alchemist looked around for plants that looked similar to the one she had picked and thought that one was the right shade but when she picked it, it turned out to be useless and shattered at the touch. "Damn." The brunette lamented before standing and looking over at Calrex to see nearly the same thing happen to him as well.

She let out a long sigh as she stretched her arms above her head before freezing at his question and then relaxing as he explained. "What I would like to do...." Piera looked out into the horizon for answers as she thought, Lee coming to the forefront of her mind as she smiled and shrugged. "I'm not really sure. I don't have any concrete plans. Other than don't die and don't let Lee die. As long as we're together in this, I'm happy. Though I have to admit I'm happier now that I have my shop and some friends. Lee..."

She opened her mouth to say before she stopped with a hesitant expression and then rephrased. "I don't think either of us will be on the frontlines. As deadly as this place is, it has so much more....freedom than the real world ever held for us. So I guess I'm just enjoying my time here until we're saved or the frontliners clear the game." Her smile was content as she glanced back at Calrex before asking, "What about you? I wouldn't be surprised if you're one of those clearers."

ID: 28306
LD: 9 (no materials)

ID: 28474
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12

"Sounds like a good plan. It's certainly a smart move. The frontlines can be dangerous for sure, so I can definitely understand choosing to enjoy your time here."

As Calrex listened to Piera speak he searched around some more. Since Roc had yet to return, he figured that the falcon was still searching around for food to stuff his beak with before he returned to assist further with material gathering. Without his familiar's fierce eyes, Calrex's own accuracy certainly seemed to take some of a hit, making it difficult to make out any more materials from the landscape.

"Heh, well I wouldn't go as far as saying I am one of them, at least just yet. I'm high enough in level, equipment, and skills, but if I am invited to the floor raid this will be my very first time participating. Hopefully with me there it'll increase the party's chances of coming back unscathed. I remember two players lost their lives in the tenth floor boss fight, and would like to keep a repeat of that from happening."

"I know that Teayre would likely prefer to be at my side in these battles, but somehow I have a feeling that unless she gets stronger, or gains at least a couple more levels, she might not be selected. I feel like she's more than powerful enough, but being even stronger is always a safe bet."

Total: 7 (Piera 1 / Calrex 6)

Edited by Calrex

Piera nodded in agreement as Calrex stated that her plan was smart considering how dangerous the frontlines could be. "Yeah." She was glad that he was so understanding. Some players only wanted to work towards getting out of here and while she could definitely see why, she didn't particularly want to risk her life in the process. She'd rather stay safe in her shop or the lower flowers, farming mats and making potions for those who would need them more than her.

The brunette noticed that the warrior's familiar was still missing and she shielded her eyes with her hand to search the skies for him to no avail. Instead she searched the land, walking outward from her conversation partner in a circle, green eyes darting around the grass behind her oval glasses until they rested on another plant with particularly dark green leaves and light pink flowers. Brightening at the sight, Piera knelt down and gently began to pry its roots from the ground and was rewarded with a particularly nice material to work with. "I wonder what this will make." She murmured to herself before depositing the ingredient into her inventory.

Standing and looking back to Calrex as he spoke of not quite being a frontliner, her face showed her mild surprise, though nodded at the explanation. But her expression soured slightly as he mentioned the two people that had died in the fight to take the last floor. "It's horrifying to think that even players that are insanely high enough level to take on floor bosses can still die." The alchemist's arms crossed over her chest, feeling a pit in her stomach. "I wish you luck if you do though." She wondered how many people had already died in this death game. And how many still would. Looking back to the sky, Piera wished they hadn't brought up such dark topics.

ID: 28556
LD: 20

+1 material

Edited by Piera

ID: 28562
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10

Calrex gave a nod to Piera's concern, "From what I remember the two that died had a significant level difference between them and the other participants, so they were actually really low level and from what can gather probably should not have been there. Of course I didn't really start adventuring until that fight was already concluded, so most of what I've heard is speculation and rumors, so I can't really confirm or dismiss them."

As he continued to search around he heard a familiar screech as he saw Roc fly back over, his body shape slightly more rounded than before, likely from stuffing his beak full of food. "Welcome back, are you full now?"

His familiar gave a quick nod before dropping what he considered to be a material into Calrex's hand. Looked down Calrex saw what he originally thought to be a flower, but suddenly the stem split, forming into wings before the strange bug took off into the sky, "A bug that disguises itself as a flower. Well that's certainly unique to SAO."

"Nice try Roc, but I think you got tricked on that one. Let's go ahead and keep looking."

Total: 8 (Piera 2 / Calrex 6)

Edited by Calrex

Piera glanced over at the dark haired warrior as he explained the likely reason for the two players' deaths before frowning. "I wonder why they were there if they weren't high enough level..." She asked rhetorically in a low and despondent tone. When he said that he didn't know the details as what little he had heard was rumor, she simply nodded in understanding.

Kneeling to the ground for more of a chance to give her to collect her thoughts, the alchemist stared unseeingly at the grass in front of her as she wondered if those two players had gone into the fight knowing that it was likely they would die. Feeling something pushing against her knee, the brunette lifted it and saw a very out of place mushroom. Raising one eyebrow in surprise, the spearwoman simply shrugged and picked it up, inspecting its' usefulness before depositing it into her inventory. "Found a mushroom." She stated aloud finally, standing. "Didn't think those would show up here. At least not outside of caves or forests." She chalked it up to this being a game and barely making sense sometimes anyway.

Watching the flower in Calrex's hand grow wings and take off, Piera blinked with wide eyes before giggling. "Better luck next time." After he told his familiar to continue searching she spoke up, "How much more would you like? I'd hate to just take all of these and run, I want to make sure that you get some as well."

ID: 28768

+1 Material

Edited by Piera

ID: 28998
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11

"Heh yeah. I certainly was not expecting that. I could probably keep going for a little bit. I had someone request for me to gather ten materials, but I'm pretty much done, maybe after another three or so."

As Calrex was speaking he looked up as Roc took off in search of more materials he looked around the immediate area. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could spot that would be suitable, "I wonder if I should start moving to another area to search."

He began to make his way a few paces away from where he was standing, continuing to look around, "It should be fairly quick. I'm just glad that we have not had to encounter any monsters for a while. Sometimes when I go out gathering I have to stay alert, since certain monsters seem to easily lock back onto my avatar, even after I've gone out of their detection range. Right now it seems we're in any area that's very sparse of enemies."

Total: 9 (Piera 3 / Calrex 6)

Edited by Calrex

Piera nodded as her gathering companion said that he could keep searching for a little while as he was almost finished meeting his material quota. "This is seriously going to help me out. I don't have any mats left and only one or two potions left in the shop." 

The brunette eyed the sun and noted its position in the sky. Probably shouldn't be out for too long anyway. It wouldn't take her long to walk back to the shop but she'd prefer to get back before the sun started setting. Following about four feet to Calrex's left, the alchemist scanned the grass as he spoke and searched as well.

"Yeah, that's partly why I chose to set up shop on this floor. Out on the prairie there aren't as many monsters. It's more when you go into the woods where most of the quests take place that you have to keep a look out for. Buuut I'm starting to think that materials show up as often as monsters. The less risk involved, the lower the reward I suppose."

ID: 229095
LD: 14

Edited by Piera

ID: 29728
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6

"Really? Well I'm glad that I can be of help."

Calre gave a friendly smile as he looked around the new area he had chosen to search for potential materials. Unfortunately, there were still no materials in the new area. While there appeared to be possible a flower that could be used for potions, as he inspected it closer it turned out to be covered in aphids as Calrex gave a small sigh, "Well, so much for that."

"The third floor certainly seems peaceful outside of the misty forest area. I ventured into there a couple of times and always encountered minotaurs within. There's also a natural maze inside there."

"Yeah, where I got Teayre the Hoya of Minos. Supposedly it's different for every trip, so I wonder what it looks like now."

"Yeah that seems to be the case. I haven't attempted a gathering trip which was purely monster hunting, but I think that might be very taxing for sure."

Total: 9 (Piera 3 / Calrex 6)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 29802
LD: 9

Piera returned Calrex's smile and was rather glad that she had happened upon the kindly player. He honestly seemed too good to be in this game in her opinion but it was nice, even refreshing, to see. Looking around, the brunette was starting to realize that they had gone into a large lazy circle and didn't see much in the area, at least nothing that jumped out at her as 'MATERIAL'.

Looking back at the dark haired warrior, the alchemist nodded as he mentioned the third floor being peaceful but for the forest of mist. But when he also said that he encountered minotaurs and a maze, her eyebrows rose in interest. "I've always been too sca-uh, cautious to go into there. It sounds pretty interesting though, like old greek mythology."

A snicker breathed from her nostrils as she remembered something amusing about minotaurs, but simply shook her head and kept looking for mats, sadly unsuccessful. "Yeah I've always avoided solo grinding if I can, safer that way. But I'm starting to think that it'd be a lot easier to get materials that way...."

Edited by Piera

ID: 29853
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16

Calrex gave a nod, "Well from what I know you're guaranteed a single material from any monster close enough in level to you, but for me in the long run generally I believe you end up with less for the same amount of time spent searching for them in the landscape, since you still need to beat the actual monster, heh."

As he found yet another material he heard a screech from Roc as his familiar settled back down alongside him. At the same time he looked at the time in his menu as he gave a nod, "Alright, well that looks be about all I need, plus it's starting to get to a good point of the day to turn in. Here you go."

Flicking on his menu Calrex transferred over the amount of materials that Piera requested as he began making his way back towards the settlement, "I'd best get moving to get some other errands done. If you're ever in need of any more materials feel free to let me know. I'll catch you around Piera!"

Total: 10 (Piera 3 / Calrex 7)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 29859

Piera's head tilted as she considered Calrex's statement about combat gathering versus non combat gathering. It was an interesting thing to think about, she'd have to see if she ever did some solo grinding. The brunette brightened, distracted as she caught sight of a subtle jewel, a ruddy yellow petaled flower with pale green leaves that she quickly picked and added to her small collection. Looking up at the dark haired warrior as he said that he had gathered what he wanted before pulling up his menu and sending her an already accepted trade request, transferring six materials over to her. Accepting the trade with a happily surprised smile, the alchemist looked back at him as he walked away. "Thanks again Calrex! You saved my business! Take care!"

Summary:

Piera: 200 Col + 1 SP +9 Mats
Calrex: 200 Col + 1 SP +1 Mats

[Thread Complete!]

Edited by Piera