How Does Your Character Fight?

I'm kinda curious, but what kind of stances do you guys use/is there a character you'd associate with how you imagine your character fighting?

For example, my character uses a Greatsword, and I imagine the stance with his current blade being one with the blade pointing upward, like how such a weapon is held in games like Warframe, Skyrim, or the Demon's/Dark Souls games. However, I plan to upgrade his greatsword to a larger one that seems to be dragged almost. Think Monster Hunter, or perhaps more accurately Hurk in Vindictus.

Think how Yuuki's fighting stance is always in a very playful manner.  That's how Hirru do.  Usually keeping the arm out for balance and momentum for the sword arm.  Swift movements to get in and out.  He likes to get in a few hits before squirreling away.  Doesn't help that he's literally dressed like Davy Crockett right now.  

Though, when I finally feel like doing <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> for myself, you're going to see a lot of mixing around the two.

That's if I don't get hit by paralysis....

Edited by Hirru

I always imagined Xion being very sturdy and direct with his fighting style. As in he doesn't do many fancy/ flamboyant moves, direct, hard hitting strikes. Sort of like when you use a greatsword/ bastard sword in dark souls, just very simple but effective strikes.

Oh and Hirru, remember our duel? Mwahahaaha 

Why yes I do.  The simple fact that paralysis can be stupid OP when Cardinal actually wants to be generous.  Especially when said paralysis has now become synonymous with the appearance of the Warrior Hirru and the Cranberries. 

So far, Hirru's best friends are Xion and the ground CAUSE PARALYSIS IS ONE HELL OF A DRUG!!

Edited by Hirru

Paglikha will be basically a forehand and backhand dagger movement (holding the knife outwards/holding the knife sideways). His forehand technique will more likely be the more rigid one where he leans forward with minimal movements to the left and right. On the other hand, his backhand technique will more likely be loose with side-to-side movements.

When not tripping over himself, Beoreson is tactical about it. He soaks a few attacks to find out how the enemy attacks. He then fights however he needs to fight in order to win, again assuming he doesn't trip. His default stance would be a basic sword and board shield wall type stance.

Edited by Beoreson

Lindow's movements would be akin to those like Monster Hunter-esque as Kalesh pointed out. Almost dragging the blade behind him, he hefts the blade over one shoulder mostly, or overhead for ground shattering attacks. There are a few times where he'll hold it out to his side and do quarter turn attacks, or go from overhead to a sweep for a 2 hit combo. I suspect greatswords being heavy, so I use very little movement when handling the giant behemoth blades. I would love to get <<Charge>> eventually, that seems like a fun skill to have for a Two Hander.

"Crush enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of the women [and children]."

Mack is pretty cold, I thought that is what was best in life though. *deeply thinking* I guess now that Beoreson isn't tripping as often, and he has some skill with the blade. He has a more barbaric style. If he gets hurt to much he just smashes at the enemy and hopes for the best. Yep, he went from calculating to just smashing stuff, as he quickly learned. Most of the attack patterns are the same.

• 1 year later...

Vigilon fights strategically. I don't know about stance and such, but he looks for weaknesses and openings to strike, when he finds them, that is. He usually leaves an opening on the opponent so his allies, or his mini-dragon, Veriost, can attack with ease. However, it's not always easy for Vigilon to find weaknesses in general, and he kind of sees less, although becomes more determined for Victory, when pissed off. He always tries to keep at least a minor analysis on the battle, helping him know which battle tactic to use.

Hei himself isn't a good fighter, and probably never will be. So he just runs around with his spear, holds it as battle like as he can and uses the swordarts, as the system will move his body as it has to move. As he uses a one handed spear and no shield he often holds it with two hands until he actually attacks, which mostly are sharp and aimed thrusts. All around that is trying to make it look cool, so jumping around and doing silly things, as he thinks one should do things like that in a fighting game.