[F02 | R7 Cook] Grave Gourmet (Open)

(@Hydra) I brought forward three items for the Artisan and set them on the counter; two perfects and a rare. "Here you go, buddy, two perfect and one rare mitigation items. That's 830 Col or eight materials, please." I requested of the player, thankful that Seul had loaded me up with mats.

Spoiler

Selling: Tough Steak - Perfect Meal (Fiber (x3): +27 MIT/thread): As the name suggests, this steak is extremely hard to chew through, but rewards those who manage with a buff to their abiloity to take hits. (Two)

Minor Armadillo Steak - Rare Meal (Fiber (x2): +18 MIT/thread): A smaller, not so tough version of the original Armadillo Steak, providing an equally smaller amount of protection to the consumer.

(@Khrysaor) "No problem, I hope you like it!" I called to the player as he left my shop, and I swept the Col off the counter and into my pocket.

+300 Col

(@Mack) "You know how to work your men hard." I jested to the Vice Commander, sweeping a hand through my silver hair. "Alright... I guess I can do that for you." I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck idly. "And for the time being Col should just be fine. I do not think that I will be requiring any more gear any time soon." I assured the giant, staring down at the bear cub. "Still hungry after that, are you? Damn, you little bottomless pit." It was then that I had a sneaky idea; I had quite a few items perfect for pranking, and I was interested to see how the large cub would react. "Alright then..." I sighed as I pulled out both the Lion Box and the NumGum, hiding the latter in with the cubed meat. "Dig in, buddy." I offered with a sly grin.

Spoiler

Lion Box - Good Snack: A small box of cubed lion meat. The meat is quite chewy and would be useful to keep your mouth occupied on long trips into the mountains and cross country.

NumGum (Hidden in Lion Box) - Bad Snack: Was originally supposed to be a wad of gum that would never lose its flavour. Instead it has the inverse effect... by numbing the consumer's tongue.

(@Macradon) My eyes turned to my next customer and my main source of materials. "Hey Mac, how are-" I was about to ask, until he posed his order and chucked a bag of materials at me, which I clumsily caught with wide eyes. He was quick to leave the shop, and I blinked in amazement. I tapped in front of the bag to bring up the interface and-
"Twenty... four... materials?" I squeaked. "Mac... you are a godsend..." I whispered to no one in particular.

(@Zandra) Another frequent customer of mine, Zandra, had followed Macradon in and ordered the exact same as last time. "Alright, you may have to wait a while, this going to take a few da-" I was about to warn the girl, until she placed three potions on the counter. "What are these...?" I asked, tapping one of them to bring up another interface. "They... reset a crafting day?" I asked, eyes wide for the second time in two minutes. Shifting the potions to the side, I leaned across the counter and gave the Alchemist a friendly hug, before pulling back. "You are a saint, Zandra. The potions are more than enough to pay for your items." I complimented her, turning on my heel to get to work. (Also, Zandra, you didn't pay for your last order >< And I'm not sure if it's the T2 Alcoholic and Rare Vitamins you mean when you say 'last time')

ID: 61185
Roll: 4 + 1 = 5 = Good
XP: 2

ID: 61186
Roll: 7 + 1 = 8 = Uncommon
XP: 3

ID: 61187
Roll: 10 + 1 = 11 = Rare (Zandra)
XP: 5

ID: 61188

ID: 61189

ID: 61190
Roll: 8 + 1 = 9 = Uncommon

ID: 61191
Roll: 2 + 1 = 3 = Bad
LD: 15 = Salvaged

XP: 1

Crafts Left for June 10th: 0
XP Earned: 18
Total XP: 592

Wiping the moisture from my forehead, I grasped one of Zandra's potions and uncapped it, bringing it to my lips and sipping the strange liquid. A strange, burning energy filled my body, and I felt like I could just keep on powering through my work. (Crafter's Respite used; Crafting Day reset)

ID: 61192
Roll: 5 + 1 = 6 = Good

ID: 61193
Roll: 1 = Critical Failure

ID: 61194
Roll: 3 + 1 = 4 = Good

ID: 61195

ID: 61196

ID: 61197

ID: 61198

XP Earned: 12
Total XP: 604

(Crafter's Respite used; Crafting Day reset)

ID: 61199
Roll: 10 + 1 = 11 = Rare

ID: 61200

ID: 61201
Roll: 9 + 1 = 10 = Rare

ID: 61202

ID: 61203
Roll: 6 + 1 = 7 = Good

ID: 61204
LD: 2 = Salvage Fail

ID: 61205

XP Earned: 22
Total XP: 626

(Crafter's Respite used; Crafting Day reset)

ID: 61236
LD: 1 = Salvage Fail

ID: 61237
Roll: 9 = 1 = 10 = Rare

ID: 61238

ID: 61239

ID: 61240
Roll: 11 + 1 = 12 = Perfect (Mack)
XP: 8

ID: 61241

ID: 61242

XP Earned: 24
Total XP: 650

Edited by Grave
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydra walked up to the counter and gladfully collected the items. When he got his pouch out expecting a price of over at least 1000 he nearly fainted. "I didn't expect it would cost this little, if you ever need a free craft stop by." He smiled at the owner and placed the small sack of col on the table. These resources would provide him enough for a while which made him glad. A decent shop at excellent prices. The steak smelled good despite its toughness. The brunette would have to spend a few hours chomping down these dishes. Hydra left the store feeling contempt.

- 830 col

Purchased: Tough Steak - Perfect Meal (Fiber (x3): +27 MIT/thread): As the name suggests, this steak is extremely hard to chew through, but rewards those who manage with a buff to their ability to take hits. (Two)

Minor Armadillo Steak - Rare Meal (Fiber (x2): +18 MIT/thread): A smaller, not so tough version of the original Armadillo Steak, providing an equally smaller amount of protection to the consumer.

"Ohaiyo! Could I happen to get these made?" The wanderer casually walks into the diner. The smell of food covered the place. As he walked farther in, his mouth began to salivate more, but he's not here to eat. He needs to get some snacks made. Some to help him out in his shop, while others are to help him in tight situations. This was gonna be a big bulk of an order and the wanderer is hoping he can handle it.

• Perfect T1 Electrolytes Snack x5
    • 1,375 Col
  • Rare T1 Herbs Snack x5
    • 1,000 Col
  • Perfect T1 Alcoholic Snack x3
    • 825 Col
  • Perfect T1 Fiber Snack x3
    • 825 Col
  • Perfect T1 Well-fed Snack x2
    • 550 Col
  • Total
    • 4,575 Col

He quickly spots the owner of the place. "Ah! Right.. Can I have these made to go? I know it's a tall order, but I'm patient. Ah! Also, being that it's a tall order, you think I could get the price lowered? I don't usually buy in bulk, but I've been trying to find a place that's open for the longest time - also I just found out food helps with making potions." ._. His face was as honest as he can possibly be. He has no reason to lie. He has been looking for a place that's open and so far, this place seems to be the only one. "So yeah... Do we have an accord?"

Edited by Rain

(@Hydra"I do aim to please; just cheap enough to please my customers, but just expensive enough to give me a decent income." I responded, nodding to the boy's offer. "Yes, will do. May swing by soon to get another item to replace my armour when I am out in the field." I told him, saluting as he left.

+830 Col

Another player came in, and I barely refrained from bashing my head against the wall, and the urge became harder and harder to hold back when he listed off what he wanted; eighteen items, when I already had a bunch on my list. "I... will see to it..." I muttered, screaming inside as I turned around to get to work.

ID: 61539

ID: 61540
Roll: 9 + 1 = 10 = Rare (Zandra)

ID: 61541
LD: 13 = Salvage Fail

ID: 61542

ID: 61543
Roll: 12 = PERFECT! (Mack)

ID: 61544
Roll: 11 + 1 = 12 = ANOTHER PERFECT! (Seul)

ID: 61545

Crafts Left for June 13th: 0
XP Earned: 34
Total XP: 684 

Edited by Grave

(@Mack) Finally I had completed my first order, and wiped my forehead dry, packaging Mack's three items nicely and placing them on the counter. "Here you go, Sir, that will be 1350 Col, please." I requested of the Vice Commander, a satisfied smile on my lips. I had just enough mats to smash out another group of crafts; I undoubtedly would need to go hunting at some point soon.

Spoiler

Selling: Ultra-Thick Steak - T2 Perfect Meal (Fiber (x3): +54 MIT/1 thread): A small steak that is extremely tough to chew through, more so than the Tough Steak, but once it has finally been consumed, the consumer is gains the tough trait of the meal itself.

Aincrad's Largest Steak - T2 Perfect Meal (Well-Fed: +40 Max HP/1 thread):  An enormous steak that proves to be extremely filling, but somehow able to be entirely eaten by one person. The tenderness allows the steak to be consumed in no time at all, despite the size of it.

Liquor Bomb - Perfect T2 Snack (Alcoholic (x3): +6 DMG, -3 EVA/1 thread): A small round, golden candy that is filled with powerful alcohol. One bite and the effects of the alcohol instantly flow through the player's body, giving them a large damage buff, at the cost of their beloved dodging ability.

ID: 61603

ID: 61604 

ID: 61605

ID: 61606

ID: 61607

ID: 61608

ID: 61609

Crafts Left for June 14th: 0
XP Earned: 16
Total XP: 700 

Edited by Grave
  • 3 weeks later...

Victor had stopped by the Crimson Diner, not for food, but for something that might help him statistically. The boy was aware that the owner of this fairly famous diner, was a player IDed as Grave. The silver haired boy was famous for being one of the few Martial Artists of Aincrad. It was something Victor had been interested in doing, given his training in martial arts back in real life, although in a game of life and death, damage with a sharp object gave him in edge, or at least so he had heard. In any case, curiosity had led him to attempt and find Grave. Vic had heard of an interesting quest that helped with the MA skill, but he was told he'd need to do some combat with his bare hands. Luke was sure the MAist would have some tips and hopefully something more... Upon meeting the chef, Vic got straight to the point, with a little butter up. "Grave, I'm a big fan of Martial Arts, and I've heard you're very very good. I'm looking to do that breaking the unbreakable quest... Any tips of equipment I might need? I've heard you've moved on from the lower class of equipment to the better kind, got any of the old stuff you could loan, or give to me?" He asked, simply.

I blinked at the brown-haired player who claimed to know of my Martial Arts Grandmastery, and my having moved onto Tier Two gear; all this without knowing me? My word must have gotten around faster than I realized. "Check and check; the only Martial Arts Grandmaster in Aincrad, and I do still have my old handwraps lying around in my inventory." I confirmed with a nod and grin. "If anything, it would be a blessing for you to 'take them off my hands'." I jested, flicking through my inventory and pulling out my old Wraps of Grace. "Here you go, was there anything else you wanted?" I asked the player with a cocked eyebrow as I handed the wraps over the counter.

Spoiler

Wraps of Grace (Perfect Armour - Hand Wraps): A handwrap that is to be worn by a talented and gifted unarmed fighter. This allows the wearer extraordinary speed and fierceness when fighting without a weapon... only with the bare hand. (+3 Unarmed Damage)

Victor was glad that Grave was spontaneous in giving away his old worn hand wraps. "Thank you so much." he said formally. "This is exactly what I needed." Luke added smiling. "I've heard a lot about you, Martial Arts must be tough, its not easy in a game like this without a weapon." The boy added in a manner of speaking, as he accepted the wraps and added them to his inventory. "I was going to go martial arts too, I've trained in real life, but I heard real life strength won't convert into in game damage... Reflexes would definitely help though, I think." Luke added thoughtfully, hoping he wasn't sounding to critical of the martial art skills. "However, I can't help but want to keep my options open." He said as he got off the red stool that he had perched himself on. "Anyways, thanks a lot, I'll try return them as soon as possible." Victor finished with a wave. "Oh by the way, I never introduced myself, I'm Victor, I hope we get to fight alongside each other one day." The boy added, briefly pausing at the threshold and then leaving.

• 3 weeks later...

Hunie was unhappy with her profession as an Artisan. It seemed the least... plausible. Eating and drinking things could make your stronger, having a better weapon would improve your chances, of killing something, having better armour could help with sustaining hits from mobs... But lucky rings, charm bracelets, all sounded like some hocus pocus. Unsure of the credibility of her own items, she decided it wasn't worth her time to sit and attempt to make these things. The few excursions she had undertaken, ad left her with some interesting things that she thought she could use. Now she was sure they could help other professionals more than they helped her. So she set out to explore the shops of those that were on her friend list and decided to distribute the things she had collected. The blonde stopped by at Grave's shop. She whipped out a few materials from her inventory and left them at his counter. With a small note that said: I think you'll be able to use these better. - Hunie. 

- 6 Mats.

Seul found himself entering Grave's shop once more with a few materials in hand. "I come bringing mats and to ask for alcohol." He said while placing them down. Next up on his agenda was to take on one of the new quests that was available and it was becoming more and more prevalent that consumables would be necessary for battles from now on. The sooner he could get his hands on them the better as cooks weren't exactly commonplace these days in Aincrad. Waiting in long lines wasn't something he wanted to experience so if he could speed the process up by contributing mats then he would.

[+3 Mats to Grave]

I tilted my head at the surprisingly knowledgeable player; how did he know so much about me? I had not thought word of my prowess had spread that far. "It is a little bit... took a little while to transition from blades to fists, but it is a satisfying skill nonetheless." I explained, palms pushing against the counter. "Ahh, no, real life skill does not translate into the game, but yes, reflexes are a great help, and not just with Martial Arts, any weapon requires good reflexes and prediction skills." I responded. The player mentioned returning the wraps and I waved it off. "Do not worry about returning them, keep them. I have no use for them, they will find more value in - or should I say 'on' your hands." I offered with a little jest, trying so hard to keep from chuckling loudly. "It is a pleasure Victor, and I look forward to fighting by your side." I nodded the player as he left the diner.

---

A loud squeak stole my attention from the concoction I was crafting, and I turned to notice some ninja had snuck in and laid both a package and a note on the counter. "Who the-" I began to ask, before reading the note; Hunie. I smiled and peered into the package; it contained six materials for my crafting. "Thanks, Hun." I whispered to myself, wishing the girl would have stayed around to say hi.

+6 Mats

---

I smiled at the raven haired shield-and-dagger user as he approached. "Oh, thanks you! I will get to work right away, sir!" I assured him, saluting and turning right around to get to work on crafts.

ID: 64953
XP: 3

ID: 64954
XP: 5

ID: 64955

ID: 64956

ID: 64957

ID: 64958

ID: 64959
Roll: 1 = Crit Fail
XP: 1

(Just realised I've been Rank 7 for a while... so have another :D)
ID: 64960

XP: 2

Crafts Left for July 28th: 0
XP Earned: 27
Total XP: 727

Edited by Grave
  • 3 months later...

I stared at the equipment on the kitchen bench. It had been so long since I last used the place... I had been out of action for so long, spending my days wandering the floors and sightseeing. But now... now it was time to work. Macradon had ordered three feasts and six alcoholic items from me, and I had to get them done. He was hosting some kind of event, possibly a KoB gathering, since the guild had stagnated without Mack's charisma and power to lead us. What kind of friend and guildmate was I if I could not put my two cents into livening the guild up?

I turned and smiled at the horned weasel on my shoulder, nodding to her and gathering my ingredients to begin a long day of work.

ID: 70950
Roll: 11 + 1 = 12 = Perfect (Macradon)
XP: 8

ID: 70951

ID: 70952

ID: 70953
Roll: 1 = Critical Fail
XP: 1

ID: 70954

ID: 70955

ID: 70956

ID: 70957

Crafts Left for November 18th: 0
XP Earned: 29
Total XP: 756 

Edited by Grave
  • 2 months later...

It had certainly been a while since the last time Seul stopped by Grave’s shop, but today he was on a mission to stock up for the fights that lied ahead. He entered carefully to not make too much noise, nodding to the martial artist before going to check the items already on display.

He looked for a while but there only seemed to be two items that were worth buying. Both were labeled as having fiber which served as another source if Mitigation in the game. One was significantly better than the other though. Seeing as how his options were limited he'd just have to make do for now.

Opening the menu HUD allowed him to fiddle through the various screens for a couple seconds before a trade window would appear before the man.

“This will be all for now, Grave. I've got a lot of work to do so I’m going to be needing buffs to get by in one piece.”

[+Ultra-Thick Steak & Armadillo Steak]

[-795 Col]

• 2 weeks later...

I slumped against the counter while Hikari chewed on and pulled at my silver locks impatiently, egging me on to go outside, but I just did not have the motivation; I felt lazy, lethargic, slow. Had I been overworking myself? Possibly. I had come back from a 'retirement' of sorts and instantly jumped into a plethora of quests and adventures. I had wasted my energy, and I had to recuperate. "Not now, Hikari... give me a few more days." I argued with the weasel and she tumbled down my shoulder and onto the glass case connected to the counter.

The sweet ringing of the doorbell echoed across the room as a customer entered, and I stood up straight, trying to clear my sluggish manner and replace it with an energetic facade; it was Seul. I flashed an over-exaggerated grin at him and received a nod in return, before he began perusing my creations. The black-haired player swiped through his menu to open up a trade window, and I accepted the conditions, releasing two meals from the case and throwing Seul's payment on the digital Col heap. "Good luck." I offered and waved him off.

Spoiler

-Ultra-Thick Steak & Armadillo Steak

+795 Col

• 1 month later...

From Piera's own shop and home it didn't take but a minute or two to stroll through Delilah Village's courtyard in the late morning, more close to lunch than breakfast. The alchemist opened the only door tentatively before peeking her head in and inching her way inside. The smells were welcoming enough to get her to relax at least a little. Smiling a little shyly as she caught sight of the cook doing what he did best with the accompaniment of his familiar, she finally spoke. "...Hey Grave... Long time no see. Heh..." The brunette shuffled awkwardly forward, but her own familiar had no such limitations, the little owl griffin gliding down from her shoulder to perch on the counter. Seemingly very interested in whatever Grave was cooking up. "Jareth, don't pester him." Her chiding sigh affected the familiar only slighlty, backing up a tad but eyes focusing now not on the food but Hikari. "Um, I just came by to see how you're doing. And uh, well buy some food too." Living on NPC made food for the majority of the time wasn't fun. Didn't quite taste the same.

I turned my head curiously at the small, tentative ring of a long-lost familiar female voice. "No way," I mused, turning around, leaving my work unattended, and heading around the counter to embrace the shy, bespectacled woman. I backed off, not wanting to invade her personal space and perched myself on the counter, motioning for Piera to sit down on one of the stools. "It really has been too long. How have you been?" I asked her, turning a cat-like eye on the owl, then to Hikari, before snickering. "This will be funny." I chuckled to myself and turned back to Piera. "I have been... better. I overworked myself recently... tried to hard to farm levels and burned out too quick, so I am taking it slow now. And please, by all means, browse my goods!" I offered, gesturing to the class case beside me. "I have much for sale, and for an old friend you can have one item for free." I offered her with a sharp wink.

Bashfully tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear and ducking her head as Grave approached her, Piera nodded in agreement to his sentiment, but didn't answer his question just yet. Like him, she watched as Jareth approached the weasel like familiar with open (if tentative) curiosity, neck outstretching sideways before his head twisted about ninety degrees to the right as if getting a different angle of the other creature could help him observe it better. It provoked a small chuckle from the healer before she focused on what Grave was saying. Frowning slightly and not quite able to relate, she still sympathized if not empathized. "I'm sorry about that. You aren't taking too many risks out there I hope? Not going out alone?" While they might not be the best of friends, she knew Grave wasn't particularly as wary of the world as she and probably wouldn't have any qualms leveling out by himself. Smiling at the silver haired man's exhuberance about his goods, Piera then shook her head in mild protest. "Oh no, I always pay my friends for their goods. Everyone has to make a living, right? Besides, I wasn't looking for anything fancy with stats, just some good tasting food which I will be happy to pay for." The brunette's wide smile then became a little sheepish as she clarified, "Just uh...not in mats. Col, yes. Mats....I need those. Haha." Glancing in the glass display, she asked, "Do you have anything that familiars particularly like?"

I shook my head and chuckled. "Of course not. I am confident, not stupid. I always go out with a hunting partner by my side. Do not fret," I reassured her with a soft smile. "Last time I went out alone I was stuck dealing with a giant armadillo that would not leave me alone. Not going to let that happen again," I sighed at my own stupidity and shook my head again. "Please, consider it a reunion gift. I have more than enough Col at the moment, missing out on one customer's payment will not make much of a difference," I offered again, folding my arms across my chest defiantly and fixing Piera with a stubborn glare. "Hmm... I am actually not sure, I have never considered food for familiars," I scratched my chin and peered into the glass case, browsing my own wares. I tapped the glass and brought up a menu, selecting one of the meals within and materializing it into my waiting palm. I extended the wooden skewer loaded with heavy meat towards Piera. "Maybe he likes the taste of Wyvern? This bastard was a tough customer, met him up on the seventh floor, almost burned me and my partner to a crisp," I recounted, shrugging my shoulders and wincing at the memory.

• 2 weeks later...

Shield recommended getting some loot boosting items that were consumables before doing her familiar quest, but didn't really give her a name to go off of. She had to ask around to find someone who can make her such consumables and quite a few people recommended a guy named ‘Grave’. A weird name to her, though she was sure other people looked at her the same way if they knew that Yuurei actually meant Ghost. He was also supposed to be one of the top authorities on martial arts. It seems weird that someone would want to use their fists over a sword in a game called Sword Art Online, but to each his own.

She opened up the door of the cylindrical building and walked in. “Hello? Is Grave in today?” She called out looking around the store. She didn't see him right away and didn't want to intrude.

A young white-haired player entered my store, looking around for one 'Grave'. With a cheeky grin, I whirled around behind the counter and leaned on the glass case, peering at my customer. "Grave is not in today sorry. I am just here because I can be." I jested, before shaking my head at myself. "I am Grave, the owner of this store. What could I help you with, my friend?" I asked with a warm, friendly smile. "I have all my crafts in this glass case here if there is anything you fancy, or I can do a custom order for you, pick your poison." I offered, wiping a hand across the glass surface.