[F02 | R7 Cook] Grave Gourmet (Open)

Yuurei rolled her eyes at the joke and just approached the counter. She had to look up to Grave, being short was tedious in so many ways.

“Yeah, see, my name is Yuurei. I'm not really used to the whole gaming stuff yet. I'm only level four and I was looking to do the familiar quest, which I've heard is exceedingly difficult without something to boost my luck in the field. I need something that will boost that but I only have about 600 col and a few materials. What can you offer me in that price range?” She asked looking at the food in the glass shelves. They looked delicious.

She pulled up her menu quickly to double check her currency and make sure she had enough money, which she did: 600 col from the quests she had done and the four materials she had acquired with Shield. “Hopefully my low currency can get me something decent?”

Edited by Yuurei
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piera nodded in agreement of his statement that he was confident, not stupid, a relieved smile playing on her otherwise now slightly tense expression, trying not to be too overprotective of her friend that she hadn't even spoken with in months. Thankfully his amusing anecdote picked up her mood, causing a surprised and amused eyebrow raise  as she asked with a laugh, "Giant armadillo? Haha, was Hikari jealous?"

Weighing the pros and cons to Grave's argument towards one free item as a reunion gift, she realized that he was probably telling the truth about not needing col. Shrugging in agreement, the alchemist then belatedly noticed the glare he was dishing out and she raised her hands in defense, "Alright, alright, I surrender! Put yer weapons away man! Heh." Eyes widening slightly at his admission of not considering making food for familiars she asked in surprise, "Really? I thought some cooks would make a whole little niche out of that kind of thing. Like in the real world. Cakes for dogs and that sort of thing. Gourmet kibble." She scratched the back of Jareth's outstretched neck, but that did not dissuade him from his continued stare at the weasel familiar.

Taking the skewer of meat, eyes bulging ever so slightly as she realized how heavy it was, Piera echoed, "Wyvern huh? Whadaya think Jareth? Tasty?" She scratched the owl griffon under his chin to get his attention before slowly holding out the meat towards him. He sniffed at it before his eyes widened, beak opening as he hissed, wings flaring in distaste. Eyebrows shooting up above her glasses frames, the brunette quickly took the skewer away. "Ooookay. No wyvern it seems. Jeez you're so picky..." Handing back the meat to Grave, Piera apologized, "Sorry, seems he likes the wyvern just about as much as you did facing it. It's not your cooking I swear, he really is just insanely picky. Do you not have that problem with Hikari sometimes?"

@Yuurei I nodded to the white haired girl in understand. "Ahh, right. I was lucky and got this little bugger first try," I jerked my thumb at the weasel behind me, lazing about on the cold stove. "Stat-wise she is useless, but she makes for some spontaneous company." I snickered and reached around towards her, beckoning for her to crawl onto my arm. Swinging back around, I set Hikari down on the counter for Yuurei to take a look at. "But I definitely have something for you that is well and truly within your budget." I tapped the glass case and navigated through the list of food items stored within, tapping on the Heartrock Salad and materializing it on the counter. "Heartrock Salad, two slots of vitamins which gives a nice luck boost. Only 230 Col or two materials. I should really up my prices but eh, means I do not drive my customers away, right?" I chuckled at my own joke and pushed the bowl to the edge of the counter.

@Piera I snickered at Piera's joke. "No, she knows I prefer smaller girls." I jested with a teasing wink and stuck my tongue out. "Hah, I win." I retorted when Piera surrendered to my offer of a meal on the house for an old friend. "I am stubborn, you will learn this, hun." I told her matter-of-factly. "Mm... I will certainly take that under consideration. Hikari can be my guinea pig - er, guinea weasel?" I sharply turned to look at Hikari who seemed quite amused by my comment. I watched the girl attempt to feed the wyvern meat to her owl, receiving a quite aggressive response. I took the skewer away and laughed out loud heartily. "O-okay then! Let us see what else I have..." I dropped the skewer back into the case and fished around, peeking back over the top to respond to Piera's question. "No, Hikari does not eat much, but when she does she really does not care what she eats as long as it is food." I grunted, before fishing out a different dish. "Maybe he likes Killer Mantis meat? See what he does with this Mantis Skewer." I handed yet another stick meal to Piera for her owl to try. "If not, maybe he'll prefer something more vegetarian."

Yuurei observed the weasel that Grave has placed on the glass counter that lazily slumped back over onto the glass as soon as he put her down. She reached slowly to pet it comfortingly as it laid there quietly.

"I'm shooting for a friend who's not so fuzzy. A wisp, I'm hoping to get one that will boost my stats, which is why I need all the items I can to boost my luck. I'd hate to be looking for hours, or even days."

She surveyed the food item Grave had pulled out. She loved salad back in the real world, so it was a win-win for her. After some pondering she pulled up her menu and emptied 230 col into a sack in her hand.

"Thanks Grave. I'll take it, this should cover the charge." She said exchanging items with him. "I'll recommend you to others."

"Ahh, right, right." I acknowledged with a nod. "I just wanted a companion, stats or not. It gets lonely out in the field when you are solo farming, you know?" I told her in response with a wide smile. "But I hope you find what you are looking for." I gave Yuurei a thumbs up and an even wider grin. I watched as a bag of coins slumped into her hand from her inventory, and I very carefully took it from her, tapping on the bag to check the contents; 230 Col, perfect. "Thank you very much, Yuurei." I thanked her softly and slipped the bag into my own inventory. "Please do, I intend to get my business up and running again soon." I informed her as I pushed the bowl into her hands. "And good luck again with the familiar quest. I hope you find a familiar you enjoy."

-1 Heartrock Salad
+230 Col