[Undisclosed] Dragon's Breath [Frontliners Only]

There is a door that sits in front of the shop adorned by magic elven looking symbols with a thick stack of black smoke emanating from the chimney above the shop. There is a cute wooden post with a wooden shield nailed to it with the image of a Dragon's head surrounded by smoke. Inside the store, there is an immediate aroma of many well mixed fragrances in the air that combine to create a calm mind. As you enter the shop, you immediately feel these effects and feel a light fuzz in your head. The shop is split into several different parts; combative, non combative, vanity, essences, and floral. This is only the showcase area, as you peer behind the counter there seems to be a sort of Black Magic Alter surrounded by black candles and a skull with a pentagram in the middle, giving off an immediate spooky and creepy feeling coming from it. There is a portal here on the altar that only Opal has access to, or a select few with a special invite crystal that has access to her workshop. 

C12cLIw.png

Assistant Alchemist: Rank 7 [1024/1280 Exp] 8 Crafts Per Day
Alchemy Cauldron: +1 CD to Crafting 
Crafter's Respites on Hand: -

Spoiler

Crafter's Respite 1: Link to Crafter's Respite Use #1
Crafter's Respite 2:  Link to Crafter's Respite Use #2
Crafter's Respite 3: Link to Crafter's Respite Use #3

Number of Materials: 34

Prices: No Set Prices, I will Barter

Spoiler

Rank 7

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2-3] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)

[4-7] = Good item  
[8-9] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[10-11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Good Items

Spoiler

Essence of The Phoenix: 
Effect: Phoenix Aura [RP Fluff]
Description: A vial of red liquid to be drunk. When consumed you give off the Phoenix Aura

Essence of The Wolf:
Effect: Courage Aura [RP Fluff]
Description: A vial of white liquid to be drunk. When consumed you are overwhelmed with courage and bravery.

Essence of Darkness:
Effect: Dark Aura [RP Fluff]
Description: A vial of black liquid to be drunk. When consumed, your body emits a smokey black aura. 

Essences of Light:
Effect: Holy Aura [RP Fluff]
Description: A vial of yellow liquid to be drunk. When consumed, a golden halo aura hovers over your head. 

Essences of the Blink
Effect: Spell Circle Beneath the Player [RP Fluff]
Description: Dousing the violet liquid over yourself, a spell like circle radiant in purple light manifests below you.
Each 'Charge' attack makes it look like you are moving within the blink of an eye. 

After Image:
Effect: Leaves an after image of yourself after every attack [RP Fluff]
Description: An impression of a vivid sensation retained after the stimulus has ceased.

Subdued Thoughts: [Special potion for Oikawa]
Effect: Once clarity occurs in the user, they go into an intense blood lusting rage
Description: An odd vial of mostly golden liquid flecked with red. This red seems to attempt to
dominate the radiant golden glow of the vial giving off some kind of malicious intent. 

One Winged Angel: [For Sheeptar Event]
Effect: A purple feathered wing sprouts
Description: Raising a hand to her face and then and thrusting it outwards will cause the 
wing to appear from behind her. Purely RP Fluff effect.

Purple Nova Eyes: [For Sheeptar Event] 
Effects: Opal's eyes glow a nova like purple
Description: Glowing eyes [purple]

Laughing Coffin Aura: [Sheeptar Event]
Effects: Disembodied Laughter is heard after each Attack
Description: A purple aura surrounds Opal, a misty form that conjures disembodied laughter
After a successful Sword art; the air is filled with an eerie laughter 

Twinkling Star Aura: x2 [Used Here]
Effect: Silver stars dance around the players body
Description: Small little dust flakes that look like shining stars bob and dance
around a players body illuminating the area around them 7 feet by 7 wide. 

Aura of Cold: x2 [Used Here]
Effect: A cold aura effect
Description: Silver vial of contents that cools the players body temperature.
Used when traveling in the desert of Floor 5. 

x25 Good Items

Transactions: 

Spoiler

Lindow's Strength, Mellow Yellow - Ariel [No Charge] 
Opal's Liquid Aegis [Safeguard], +15 HP Recovery Crystal - Lowenthal [Gift]
-2 Crafter's Respite to Ishida [1/21/16]
-20 Materials, Anise [Black Market Merchant]

Material Hunts:

Crafting Days:

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opal took the advice of Master Beoreson from heart when she heard him explain how to make a self made cigarette from the herbs she collected. She might end up having to test out what kinds would non lethal to her, so a new sort of tolerance would have to be built up. In her work station, she sat down on a stool and grabbed a handful of some brown looking herb and crumpled it up in between her hands as it fell onto the table on a piece of plain white looking parchment. She got a rolling pin and started to roll the crushed herb over the parchment and dropped a few drops of a steamy green liquid that was cooking over a bunson burner. With a dropper, she places a few droplettes of the liquid into the crushed herb and waits a few moments to see if anything happens. 

ID: 29794 CD: 4 [Lose Material]

"[censored]!" her eye brows pinched as the herb and parchment caught on fire. Getting some water she splashed her burnt table with it as the fire was extinquished. Looking down at the mess, she swept her hand over the table and trashed the remains. Taking another herb, a red one with a soft texture this time, and repeated the process but instead of a hot green bubbly chemical, she used a purple cool one that seemed to emit a pleasent clover scent. 

ID: 29796 CD: 12 [Perfect- Needs Approving]

There was a gentle clover smell emiting from the wrapped parchment as it was engulfed in a bright light. There was a pulse effect as it glowed in place and eventually dimmed down so she could see her creation. "Oh...My!" 

==

-2 Materials, +9 Exp

Edited by Opal

Sighing to herself Opal decided to give Alchemizing another shot for the new day. She had plenty of materials left and if need be, should could always go back to getting more. She made her routine check around the lab making sure the chemicals were doing what they were supposed to be doing and make a mental list of what need to be adjusted. She picked up a vial of Boar's Blood and mixed it with a bubbling yellow solution that was over a burner. The two colors mixed together and started to bubble once more and then she reduced the heat. 

It was stressful business this alchemy stuff and she decided to give her calming sticks idea another shot. She peeled away a piece of parchment and placed it on the table tapping it down lightly with her hands. Taking an herb from the basket close by, she started to crumble it in her hands into a fine pieces and dusted them off as it was neatly placed on the parchment. She walked back over to the new elixir she was brewing and got walked back over to the table and began to lightly coat the herbs with it. The slight smell of lavender seemed to be produced and she made a note of that in her journal. 

As they mixtures were mixing together there was a tiny orb with a timer on it, she'd have to wait if it was a success or a failure. 

-2 Mats

ID: 29942 CD: 9 [Good Item] +2 Exp

ID: 29943 CD: 3 [Fail] +1 Exp

Edited by Opal

"Round about the cauldron go; In the poison'd entrails throw. Toad, that under cold stone. Days and nights has thirty-one. Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot."

Opal had memorized these words as a young girl loving old shakespearean works as they had a certain romantic and gothic appeal to them. She slinked around her new Cauldron tossing in one material despite what the quote had asked for. The cauldron bubbled and fumed with a sick green slop. Opal placed her hands over the cauldron and began to chant...

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!" 

With a pop the cauldron hissed out as she took a ladel and dipped it into the green bubbling liquid. She got a vial and swished it around and waited for it to cool. While that was working on cooling down, she went to her desk and decided to make that extra strong tobacco Mack had asked for which were specific to his directions. As she tossed the ingredients together, it had a dark smell to it. She imitated the scent rather well for being a novice Alchemist and a dash of vanilla to soften the aroma. "I hope he'll like it." She pinched it into a can and decorated the top with a lipstick covered kiss. She placed it in her inventory and would give it to her Guild Leader the next time they were together. 

She hurried to her crazy concoction, not sure what the item was until she thumbed through the description.

-2 mats

ID: 30164 CD: 8+1 [Crafter tool] = 9 [Good Item] +2 Exp

ID: 30165  CD: 10+1 [crafter tool] = 11 [Rare Item]  +7 Exp [Needs Approval]

Edited by Opal

Opal heard a weird noise coming from her Cauldron as she peered inside after a moment of it taking in the ingredients. As she peered inside the cauldron, it cackled with a black energy and out shot a massive black cackling skull, her eyes widened and she gave a small yelp in fright before it dispersed into the air, leaving behind an eerie cackling sound that seemed to now haunt her Alchemy Shop.

"Well...that's just great! I somehow managed to summon a ghost to haunt my shop...And I'm out of materials, ugh!" 

-2 mats

ID: 30293 CD: 5+1 [Crafter tool] =  6 [Bad Item] LD: 8+2= 10 [Unsalvageable] +1 Exp

ID: 30294  CD:3 +1 [crafter tool] = 4 [Bad Item] LD: 14+2 = 16 [Salvaged] +1 Exp

ID: 30294 CD: 4+1 [crafter tool] = 5 [bad Item] LD 5+2 =7 [Unsalvageable] +1 Exp

Edited by Opal

Tossing in some ingredients into her cauldron, the mixture didn't result in such great results. Getting a vial ready, she took the ladle and poured some of the sloppy contents inside. The vial glowed into a gentle yellow before dispersing creating a uncommon item. 

ID: 30964 CD: 9+1 [Crafter tool] =  10 [Uncommon Item] [needs approval]

ID: 30695  CD:6 +1 [crafter tool] =  7 [good item] -RP fluff item-

ID: 30696  CD: 2 +1 [crafter tool] = 3 [Fail]

+6 Exp

Edited by Opal

Fillet a fenny snake, in the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of newt and toe of frog, Wool of bat and tongue of dog, Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting, Lizard's leg and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell broth boil and bubble!" She pinched the the last material into the cauldron as it smoked and left a pleasant aroma. She sauntered over to her workshop bench and collected a few crystals and an extra long ladle. Placing them both on the curvy spoon, she dunk the items within the cauldron and waited a few minutes. Slowly as she pulled it out, the crystals were glowing with radiance, however the third seemed empty. She gave a small pout, but two perfects were just as great! 

ID: 30844 CD: 12+1 [Crafter tool] = 13 [Perfect- needs approval] + 8 Exp

ID: 30845  CD:2 +1 [crafter tool] = 3 [ bad potato] +1 Exp

ID: 30846  CD:11 +1 [crafter tool] = 12 [Perfect - Needs approval] +8 Exp

Edited by Opal

Opal had a good streak going, claiming two Perfect quality concoctions within her bubbling cauldron. This would be her last day at her Shop for at least a few months, and the last 3 of her materials were dropped in. Allowing the bubbling cauldron to be stirred lightly, she waited until her contents were finished and she was able to fashion out one rare item. That one alone was sufficient, she wished she could have done better, but that was the way things were. 

ID: 30936  CD: 7+1 [Crafter tool] = 8 [Good Item] +2 Exp

ID: 30937   CD:3 +1 [crafter tool] = 4 [Bad item] [Unsalvageable] +1 Exp

ID:  30938 CD:10+1 [crafter tool] = 11 [rare Item] Needs Approval +5 Exp

Edited by Opal

ID:  31390  CD:9 +1 [crafter tool] = 10 [Uncommon] +3 Exp

ID: 31391 CD:3+1 [crafter tool] = 4 [unsalvageable] +1 Exp

+4 Exp, -2 Mats

Opal had been busy, her cauldron cold and the fire below it seemed to fizzle. Perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to let the cauldron liquid fizzle into a cold slimey blanket on top. Taking the chance to throw in 2 materials, the massive black pot boomed and shook violently coming back to life, spurting out a few bubbles before having a small timer on its interface. Waiting, Opal took her large ladle and dunked it into the slimey broth and she had recovered an item of decent quality. 

Edited by Opal

Once again Ariel found herself roaming through the market place of the 1st floor. Usually she would head back to her own shop at the 4th floor but today she was actually interested in doing a little shopping of her own. Spotting a strange alchemy shop she enter's it while looking at the shop's logo. If she didn't knew that magic was non-existent in SAO, the feeling she got from the interior told her that she stepped in something like a witch's den. After a short inhale and a sigh she felt her mind calm down a bit as she browsed through the items 2 in particular caught her attention. Going towards the counter she asked in a normal tone that somehow hinted elegance in her speech.

" I would like to purchase the" she squinted her eyes a bit as she turned towards the item "Mellow Yellow: Antidote crystal, if I'm reading the name right and the item called.. Lindow's Strength  as well. How much would you like for them?" The next instant she made a couple of elegant hand gestures and summoned her inventory, ready to type and materialize the amount of col the shop clerk would request. 

Opal peered around the corner of her shop as a long blonde woman came into her store. The alchemist had not thought anyone would come by, being a newbie in the craft. Though she was able to create some pretty crazy stuff since she started. As the woman was browsing the showcase, Opal followed her with a smile and pulled out the two items which she called for. She placed both on the counter and laid them out for her to see. 

"Yes, a price..." Opal said with a sly grin looking the female up and down a few times. She looked familiar, was this the same blonde from that duel in the amphitheater? It probably was meaning that this woman was probably one of those high leveled players, although the new system was a bit wonky with those levels. None the less, the air around her, if not for the aromatic therapy of her creations stimulating the room, it would be here on presence that would be stirring the witch. 

Opal continued to smile and she leaned over the counter, a giggle escaped her lips as her eyes shot down to the ample bosom of the woman and then her honey eyes flicked upwards to her, "A kiss..." she said most bluntly, "Is the price for both those items..." she giggled once more and then laughed prying herself from off the edge of the counter and standing up to her full form. She placed a hand on her hips and explained, "I don't need materials. And I will be leaving soon which means my shop will be closed for a good while. I have heard from my guild that the boss room has been located and its only a matter of time before the assault teams gather and join forces..." she slid the items to the blonde haired woman.

"Take them. If you wanna pay me back, come back alive from the battle. I won't be able to be there myself, I would only get in the way." she coughed lightly, "Also, Lindow's Strength is a special item. I know it all does the same in regards to whatever you call it, but the name of crystal is based on a player I knew. He died for a good cause. When you use it, please remember what it stood for." 

Opal cleared her throat once more, turning her face slightly away, "I'm sorry that is all I have right now." 

Ariel was taken by surprise when the brunette leaned over the counter towards her but the blonde didn't budge out of pure trained reflexes. She couldn't help but notice that she was peering at her chest area. Even if she was already used to guys starring like savage dogs, she felt a bit embarrassed by the gaze. But what made her really gasp in surprise and flinch, despite her training, was her demand as a price. "A kiss?" she muttered softly, involuntarily gulping. Luckily this was a joke, or at least the blonde hoped it was, as the brunette retreated to her 'normal' place behind the counter. 

The blonde listened to her, nodding as she heard about the boss room. This made her remember that she skipped the strategic meeting before but will definitely join the fight. Then she let a sigh as she heard of yet another fallen player to this ruthless game. She then spoke in a calm and crystalline voice that hinted a bit of sadness:

"I will make sure that is put to good use. As soon as I hear that they begin to gather for the fight, I will be the first to knock on that Crusader's door. Can you tell me the name of your guild? depending on the team distribution I might get to keep an eye on some of them.In any case thank you for the items." she then picks up the items and stores them into her inventory. then she turns towards her and softly whispers: "We'll have to postpone that kiss until after my return then." Then she turns around and heads towards the exit, for some reason she had a light smile on her face.

Mellow Yellow: Antidote [Crystal]

+Lindow's Strength [+3 Dmg] [Crystal]

"The Crimson Blades," Opal replied to the question with a flick of her wrist to gesture the name. Opal was happy to have at least helped another player out. Lindow was that kind of guy, but he was more hands on in that regard. Opal...was an alchemist, one of the many new and upcoming types. She leaned over her counter and waved to the woman as she left the store but leaving behind a whispered voice about that kiss being postponed until she returned. The woman gave a foxy smile and waved with her fingers. All in all, she would say that was a pleasant customer. 

She turned around and moved towards her alter and stepping within the pentagram located at the center. She clicked her heals and was teleported to below to her work station. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ID: 35046
CD:12 +1 = 13 [Perfect!!] +8 Exp 

ID: 35047 <<Typed to fast and hit a 'q' in my name>>
CD: 10+1 = 11 [Rare!!] +5 Exp

ID: 35048
CD: 9+1 = 10 [Uncommon!!] +3 Exp

ID: 35049
CD: 1+1 =2 [Bad] +1 Exp

ID: 35050
CD: 8+1 = 9 [Uncommon] +3 Exp