A Barrage of Fishing Questions!

Question 1: Can I give bad/good quality fish to a chef as a chef-only material or would it work best as one of the 5 Feast items for their feasts? If not, why and what else should I do with it?

Question 2: What do I do if there are no merchants for me to buy a new fishing rod from/do I need to pay X amount of col right out of my own shop for failing at a low level or else never be able to fish again?  

Question 3: How should I handle Monster Fish? Should I have a separate PP thread specifically for my monster fish fights? If not, then it seems odd that I am doing combat in my "shop".

Question 4: When my line snaps and I take damage, is this intended to be extremely OP? (It's level*2 damage btw) Three failed catches to this method in a row and you are dead. Not to mention if a monster appears after. Side question: Can I just refuse to acknowledge this condition perchance?

Question 5: How much HP should a Monster Fish have/would it follow regular monster loot rules in that it needs to be half my health?

Question 6: Seeing how fishing is a skill intended to be done outside, can I start fishing in regular threads and log them into my "shop" as if it were a crafting attempt so long as it does not surpass my daily limit? The only thing one really needs is a pole/bait and a body of water when you get down to it.

Question 7: Can I sell my fish as, for example, cooked on a stick over a fire? Simple things like that so that players are not eating raw fish, or should I take the "extra buffs to cooking" as meaning that I need a chef's food as well for my fish to have any impact and that they are useless when alone?

Question 8: Can I fish in the lava of that one floor like in WoW? :D

With my previous character Lindow, he was a fisherman. Unfortunately, I can only give examples of what I did as the Tutorial is very vague on what a Fisherman can do. 

Question 3: My VERY first catch was a Monster Fish, and I did the battle in RP right in the crafting thread itself. There was no mention of Monster Fish HP, nothing on stats or the like. So it was all RP fluff fighting a massive sewage smelling land fish. As for combat in the shop, I had a second area where Lindow's shop spawned a massive free lake where he could do his fishing. Its like part of the shop itself out in the back or something. Thats how I played it off. 

Question 4: I would assume after the first hit to the noggin, you would need to stop for the day before you kill yourself with the line? Lol 

Question 5: See Question 3, as far as the loot. Once you kill the Monster fish, it drops x3 quality of items of the said quality of the monster fish. That would be your loot. I am assuming.

Question 6: Not a Mod, so I cant answer this, but I assume that would be cool? Just a quick link to the thread in the shop where it was taken, date and time should suffice?

Question 7: I was unsure of this myself. What I planned to do was to take the fish to Cooking Shops and have a regular delivery, where they would give me some free food in exchange of the raw fish. Xp I suppose this is up to you on how you wanna roll with that?

The Fisherman's Wharf This was my old fishing shop thread if you wanna take any ideas from that, you are more than welcome to.

Thanks for the input, Opal/Lindow! If you haven't gotten in trouble for it then I'll roll with it for now, but I would certainly prefer some word of god on these so that I am not wandering around on faith alone! xD The fishing rod hitting you thing just seems ridiculous to me as a concept, even if I take it the way you suggest :P It essentially handicaps them from reaching a daily cap potentially until they are maxed out and the feature disables anyways. Plus the whole "buy a new rod" aspect is just silly to me.

Thanks for the input, Opal/Lindow! If you haven't gotten in trouble for it then I'll roll with it for now, but I would certainly prefer some word of god on these so that I am not wandering around on faith alone! xD The fishing rod hitting you thing just seems ridiculous to me as a concept, even if I take it the way you suggest :P It essentially handicaps them from reaching a daily cap potentially until they are maxed out and the feature disables anyways. Plus the whole "buy a new rod" aspect is just silly to me.

I would have to agree. I think the Fisherman/Performers Professions should get a small update/upgrade as they seem to be the less taken Professions and should be just as important as any other. Performers can get like Battle Songs to sing in battle if they dont have recording crystals, or use their instruments as weapons with some fancy/unique effect. 

Unfortunatly I dont have any valuable ideas to add on for the Fisherman. I did have a few back when I was using my Lindow account, but that was a while ago and I have slept since then. =/ If I can think of anything though, I'll be sure to post it here. 

Question 13: What do I do when the line snaps EXP wise or when I catch a boot? Do I still use the CD's EXP? As in, if I snap my line on a perfect quality fish, do I get the experience for the attempt? When I get a boot that is perfect quality do I get the perfect quality EXP? Does that count as a failure and so I only get 1 EXP?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...