[PP-F1]Secret Medicine of the Forest

A few days ago, I heard about a rumor that if you complete a quest, you'll get a powerful sword in return. Being the person I am, I sought to seek out this quest. Apparently, it was located at a small village called 'Horunka Village' The blade's name was 'Anneal Blade' and had quite high stats.

With information coming from a info booker, I secured some potions and food before going.

After accepting the quest from the village chief, I took off to the forest, killing a few mobs here and there. When I arrived, I stared at the huge forest towering over me, as my silver eyes peeked out from the hood. "Woah...." I muttered. I snapped out of my haze and took off to kill the mobs, trying to get the quest done.

The moment I stepped in, I could see hordes of mobs among me, making me sigh in irritation. I steady made my stance, and charged at a single, lone mob called 'Little Nerpent'. As I was about to finish it off, my back was slashed, and I whipped my head around, to find myself being surrounded by hoards of Nerpents.

After killing most of the Nerpents and using some healing crystals, I went into hiding. I quickly munched on some bread and drank some water, before readying myself for more mobs. 'All this for some sword, sigh...I nearly died then.' I thought, finishing up the bread.

I sheathly moved behind a horde of Nerpents, and prepared myself to attack them.

(Continued flashblack~)

"So, I'm guessing you want information of the quest?" She spoke from the shadows.

I turned around to find a cloaked person, it was a female voice, and I assumed she was a female herself. I nodded, and she smirked, before telling me,

"If you want the information, you'll have to pay a thousand col." I hesitantly pondered, before deciding that I wasn't gonna get any other information anywhere else so I just nodded.

The message contained,

"The quest is located at Horunka Village, a 30 minute walk from here, the quest is given by the village chief. Experience and money will be given, with a sword too. The sword is a high quality, black bladed sword. It is heavy but extremely powerful."

Finishing reading the message, I headed off to prepare myself.

(End of flashback)

After replaying the memory, I caught a glimpse of the Ovule Nerpent, and gave chase. It saw me and started running, and it was very fast. I couldn't catch up and started panting, before being attack by more mobs.

"For heaven's sake, why does this happen to me?" I muttered under my breathe, as I sprinted away from the horde, losing them.

"E-Eh?! Where did you come from?!" I said, surprised as my hood fell off, showing my face. I quickly placed it back on in a flash, hoping she didn't see me. In reply to the latter's question, I muttered, "U-Uh sure...just don't scare me like that...Haine? Is that your name?" I asked, looking at her name above her health bar.

Dellis had been strolling around floor 1 for quite a bit. He had decided he wanted to help new players learn how to fight, and help them in their first quests. That way, they had a higher chance of survival, and that was all that mattered to him.

Plus, this way, he could make some friends.

At the time, he was near Horunka Village.

*It's the place where the "Secret Medicine of The Forest" quest is...* He thought, idly.

Izzy was disquietly moving on his neck, seemingly aware of something he wasn't.

"Uh, Izzy, what's up?" He asked the little lizard, looking around.

He saw two girls, attacked by some mobs. Nepentes, it seemed.

*They're probably doing the quest...* He thought.

"Oi, you need help?" He asked, as he bashed into a nepente with his shield, shattering it into pieces.

"This quest's quite unfeasible for solo players." he concluded.

"Mhm! That's me alright! So what's the objective of your mission here?" Haine asked curiously as she peered around the area. She groaned when she spotted some monsters and swiftly hid in a shrub-like foundation and dragged Wings-chan along with her.

"Well gee.. this is monster central.." she muttered under her breath.

One of the two little girls pulled the other into a bush, effectively hiding both of them from view.

Which had the quite unexpected effect of making Dellis become the target of all the remaining monsters.

"Woah... that was not accounted for... If I don't get away from this i'll be soon having a bad case of deeeEEAAA---" he started shouting, interrupting himself as he tripped backwards and fell into the shrubs himself.

"Well... that worked better than expected." He commented. He turned to face the two girls hiding in the bush. "Are you both okay?" He asked.

I sweatdropped as I was suddenly surrounded by so many players, as I hated social interaction. "U-Uh..Yeah..." Nerpents were all over the place, as if searching for something. "H-How about we make a party first? It's easier to keep track in a party." I muttered shyly, not understanding why someone like me would recommend that.

He turned to the girl.

She seemed to be a bit shy... and yet, most new players were like her. It needed some time to realize you couldn't be alone in this game.

"I agree, making a party will help us much." He said. Send us the invitation, and we'll accept it right away." He nodded.

"By the way, I'm Dellis, Blacksmith Shopkeeper. Pleased to meet you!" He paused for a second, fiddling with his swordbelt, where no sword was attached, though. "I hang around the first floor helping new players get by. It's not always that easy to understand how this game works." He concluded.