[F5] Forged by the Sun (R8 Blacksmith) (Closed)

r8896q.jpg

Nestled in Fortaleza on the fifth floor of Aincrad lies a humble smithy. "Forged by the Sun", the wooden sign hangs above the doorway suspended by thin chains. Upon entering, the forge looks simple but a player will find wares placed carefully on display. The violet-haired blacksmith behind the counter, though quiet and seemingly unapproachable, is always hard at work between attempting new crafts and keeping everything in order.

[Blacksmith Info]
Rank 8 - Master Blacksmith
EXP: 1974/5120
Crafts Per Day: 9
Crafting Reset: 12:00:00 AM PST
Items Types Available:
Weapons | Shields | Heavy Armor | Tools
Materials On Hand: T1: 0 | T2: 6 | T3: 0

[Tools in Use]

Spoiler

Name: Smithing Hammer
ID: 37949
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +1 Crafting Die
Description: A trusty blacksmith's hammer; using it certainly makes crafting easier!

Name: Steel Tongs
ID: 59101
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +1 Ambition
Description: This standard pair of tongs allows the blacksmith more control over their work, allowing them to easily move and reposition items while they are in a furnace.

[Ranking Chart]

Spoiler

Rank 1: 0 EXP (2 Crafts per day)
Rank 2: 20 EXP (3 Crafts per day)
Rank 3: 40 EXP (4 Crafts per day)
Rank 4: 80 EXP (5 Crafts per day)
Rank 5: 160 EXP (6 Crafts per day)
Rank 6: 320 EXP (7 Crafts per day)
Rank 7: 640 EXP (8 Crafts per day)
Rank 8: 1280 EXP (9 Crafts per day)
Rank 9: 2560 EXP (10 Crafts per day)
Rank 10: 5120 EXP (10 Crafts per day)

[CD Result Chart]

Spoiler

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
[2] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)
[3-6] = Good item

[7-9] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)
[10-11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)
[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[Prices]

Here's a breakdown of the prices for custom orders.

Tier 1
Vanity Items (Bad/Good): 250 Col or (1) material
Uncommon: 300 col or (1) T1 material
Rare: 750 col or (3) T1 materials
Perfect: 1000 col or (5) T1 materials

Tier 2
Uncommon: 800 col or (2) T2 materials
Rare: 2000 col or (6) T2 materials
Perfect: 3,500 col or (8) T2 materials

[Negotiated Rates]

Members of the Celestial Ascendants receive discounted rates for equipment. Refer to the charts below for custom orders. When purchasing a stocked item, simply reduce the listed price by 30% (round up)

Tier 1
Vanity Items (Bad/Good): 175 Col
Uncommon: 210 col or (1) T1 material
Rare: 525 col or (2) T1 materials
Perfect: 700 col or (4) T1 materials

Tier 2
Uncommon: 560 col or (2) T2 materials
Rare: 1400 col or (5) T2 materials
Perfect: 2450 col or (6) T2 materials

[Place An Order]

Please fill out this form when placing an order:

Recipient: 
Item Name: 
Item Type:  
Quality: 
Tier: 
Enhancements: 
Specifics: 

Edited by Teion
  • ID#: 34086
  • CD: 7 (Bad item)
  • LD: 3 (No salvage)

Ecstatic at the opening of her shop, Teion wasted little time getting everything set up. Eager to start crafting, she got to work and opened her inventory, taking out a couple of crafting materials to work with. Going through the process, she tried her best to take her time and be careful with her work. Unfortunately the final product only made her draw a long sigh. The blade was crooked, the handle misshapen, and the metal wasn't properly tempered. She grumbled, deciding investing more time wasn't worth it--this item was a failure.

• ID#: 34087
  • CD: 4 (Fail)

Taking a deep breath in, Teion started again, figuring that practicing the same item would get her used to things and give her a successful result. Her work was almost complete, and the blade was looking better than the previous product until she brought down a swing of her hammer and the item snapped in two, promptly de-materializing. The look on her face was frozen is shock, and then quickly turned to dismay, and then evolved to frustration. She took off her work gloves and held her hands to her head, ruffling her hair and letting out a displeased grumble.

(+2 EXP, -2 materials)

Edited by Teion
  • ID#: 34151
  • CD: 8 (Good item)

Teion drew in a deep breath of air, steeling herself for a new day of smithing. Trying to put the mistakes of yesterday behind her, she got to work starting fresh. She attempted to make a normal straight sword, something simple. After going through the process, she exhaled and took a step back, wiping her forehead with the back of her glove. She surveyed her work, happy with it, although it wasn't anything special. It didn't even have any enhancements on it. Still, it was her first decent craft, and she was proud of it.

• ID#: 34152
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item)

Feeling better about her skills, Teion decided to try her hand at a dagger. She was careful and took more time with every step, planning out the design, tempering the metal, and forging it the way she liked. It took quite a lot longer than her last craft, and she was nervous that the end result would be disappointing. While she finished the last details, a notification appeared showing her the details of the item, and her eyes lit up immediately. She had crafted a perfect item! Overjoyed, she let out a sigh of relief that her persistence had paid off.

(+10 EXP, -2 materials)

Edited by Teion
  • ID#: 34262
  • CD: 4 (Fail)

Teion prepped her workstation for the day, getting out her tools and wondering what she wanted to make. She could still only make weapons, so she thought it over for a minute. 'Oh, Dael uses a one-handed hammer, right?' Despite how long they had been in the game together, she still thought of the brothers by their first names. With a smile, she figured she would try to make him a hammer to use--hopefully she could make one better than something he already had.

• ID#: 34263
  • CD: 5 (Bad item)
  • LD: 1 (No salvage)

Teion got nervous while attempting to forge this time. Her first try was going moderately well, but she had accidentally warped the metal too much to be of use. The materials were impossible to reuse, so she was forced to scrap it and try again. The violet-haired girl let out a sigh. She steeled herself and gave it another try--the second time she at least made something usable, although unimpressive. She was unhappy with it, but wasn't able to break the item down for materials again. She heaved another sigh, tossing the item into a small box with the other bad quality item she'd made.

(+2 EXP, -2 materials)

Edited by Teion
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ID#: 35370
  • CD: 1 (Critical fail)

Figuring she would give the one-handed hammer another try, Teion set to work for another day of smithing. She pulled on her gloves and started making a design. Beginning the process, she didn't get very far before her smith hammer came down and shattered the material. With a look of dismay, luck was not on her side for that craft. With a sigh, she accepted the failure and figured it best to move on to the second attempt.

• ID#: 35371
  • CD: 8 (Good item)

With another shot, she got through the process decently, producing an item that wasn't as good as she had hoped. She shrugged, surveying the good quality war hammer and placing it on the shelf. With a sigh, she decided to call it a day; maybe she would have better luck another day. Staring wistfully at the perfect quality dagger sitting on display, she began to pack up her tools and close up the forge.

(+3 EXP, -2 materials)

Edited by Teion

Kalesh walked into the shop with an air of curiosity since it was his first time here. Obviously he had something in mind as he entered into the store, hoping his offer would at least be considered rather than turned away on the spot. "Heyo~!" Called Kalesh as he entered the forge, moving to the front counter as he says "I'd like to make a custom order~!" He smiled proudly as he waited to see if the smith would even accept a custom order at the moment. He idly wiped some sweat from his face, thankful as ever for his survival skill averting the largest portion of the sun's offensive rays.

Teion perked up as the sound of the door got her attention. She turned towards the entrance to see someone she didn't recognize enter her shop--although she wasn't very acquainted with a lot of the SAO population. She smiled and greeted the new face, suddenly thankful to have someone visiting her store. "Welcome!" She put on her best shopkeeper face, although she was genuinely excited. "Certainly! What would you like me to make?" She suddenly realized she hadn't created an order form yet. "Oh, sorry, I don't have any paperwork at the moment... But I can take down the details for you." She pulled open a drawer to fetch some writing supplies.

Kalesh smiled as he was given a rather warm welcome, happily saying "Thank you! I was wondering if I could get a two-handed assault spear from you, basically I'd like it to have some damage boosts, but that's it." He smiled and started to describe the weapons in question. "I'm honestly not that hung up with how it looks, but if you could theme it to be primarily orange with a bit of green in the design, it would be appreciated!" He chuckled softly "The weapon's not for me, it's gonna be a gift, but I'd prefer it to be at least rare quality. I can pay you a bit of extra Col if you tell me you got a perfect!" He smiled happily, reaching into his inventory and placing a rare quality katana on the counter. "Along with this sword, I'll offer you four materials. Sound good?" He felt he was overpaying a bit, but he had no need for the sword anymore and it would only add to their inventory he figured.

-4 Materials
-Darkest Night

Name: Darkest Night
ID: 31562 CD: 11(10+1)
Shop: The Wanderer's Forge
Profession: Blacksmith
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 DMG
Item Type: Katana
Description: A fine steel bladed katana with a hilt wrapped in jet black cloth and a scabbard made of highly polished black wood.

Teion jotted down the specifics and gave a nod. "Certainly, I can start on it right away!" She smiled back, starting to get excited to work on the item. When Kalesh placed the katana on the counter for payment, she was a little surprised, but leaned forward in a grateful bow. "Oh, thank you! Right, I'll send you a message as soon as it's finished." Teion thanked him and completed the trade.

(+4 materials, +Darkest Night)

• ID#: 35851
  • CD: 2 (Fail)

Teion began drafting up a basic design, eager to start working on her first custom order. She spent some time thinking about how she wanted it to look, and then got to forging. She didn't get too far in when the crafting failed and her shoulders slumped in disappointment. She let out a frustrated sigh and scratched the back of her head, taking a step back and thinking about giving it another try.

• ID#: 35852
  • CD: 1 (Critical fail)

Teion wiped the sweat from her brow. This was clearly going to be harder than she thought. With a deep breath, she started a second attempt. Unfortunately, it failed even faster than the first. She grumbled under her breath and the material disappeared. She wasn't having good luck today, and it certainly wasn't getting any better. She packed up her tools, deciding it was best to call it a day.

(+2 EXP, -2 materials)

Edited by Teion

Zandra entered the newly opened blacksmith, had decided to get a ew weapon now when she had started training in another skill. Everything in the shop seemed to be well organized, when she saw the blacksmith she walked towards her.''Hi there, Im Zandra. Its nice to see you.'' She gave the girl a friendly smile.''Im need for a new weapon and thougth maybe you had one, or maybe I can place an order?'' She looked at the girl while waiting for her answer.

• ID#: 35913
  • CD: 8 (Good item)

Teion tried her hand at crafting another spear, determined to finish as quickly as possible. The process went much smoother this time, and she produced an item of good quality. She frowned--the item was better, at least not a failure, but it was far under the rare quantity that Kalesh had asked for. At least she was left with something to possibly sell or trade, so it wasn't all bad.

• ID#: 35914
  • CD: 9 (Good item)

Teion repeated the process only to get the same result. She gathered the items and set everything up as she heard the shop's door open. She turned and put on a warm smile to see a dark-haired woman approach. As she introduced herself, Teion replied, "Hi Zandra, my name is Teion." She gave a small bow in greeting. "Certainly, what type of weapon are you using? I don't have much pre-made, but I'll be happy to take a custom order for you."

(+4 EXP, -2 materials)

Edited by Teion

Hans sauntered into the blacksmith shop, pulling at his collar to cool himself down from the sun's heat. He spotted a purple-haired girl behind the counter conversing with what looked like another customer. He waited until their exchange was done and then held up his hand in greeting. "Oi, you're Emerath's friend, nya?" He was quick and to-the-point. "He told me you made a nice dagger. Are 'ya still selling it?" He leaned forward with a grin, eager to get his hands on a new weapon.

Teion smiled as a man entered the shop and approached her. When he mentioned Emerath's name, she nodded eagerly, recalling he had mentioned someone would be interested in the dagger she'd made. "Ah, yes!" She replied, retrieving Obsidian Fang from its place on a shelf. She showed him the weapon and continued, "You're from his guild, right? He mentioned you were looking for a new weapon. For this, I can give it to you for a thousand col. It's a perfect quality weapon," She added, "What do you say?" She normally would have asked for more, but Emerath had found her a buyer quickly, and she was willing to offer the lower price for a friend of a friend.

Edited by Teion

"Oh realy? That would be awesome. I would like a whip that increase the damage with two and accuracy with one. Want it to look like a chain with a cross at the end." She smiled at the blacksmith and hoped she would accept her order.

Combat_cross_zpsnv0fyuzz.png

Edited by Zandra Zvift
Teion nodded at Zandra, happily accepting the order. "Sounds great! That would be a perfect item, and I have one order in progress before yours," She noted. "I can't give you a definite timeframe, but I ranked up recently, so I'll be crafting every day. I can message you once I've made it." She gave a thoughtful look before speaking again, "And as far as the price... I'm asking for 1,200 col. I've got enough materials right now, so don't worry about payment until it's finished. How does that sound?" Since she hadn't set up her pricing for custom orders yet, she was kind of coming up with the amount on the fly, but she thought it was an appropriate price for a perfect item.

Hans' grin grew wider as she presented the weapon to him. He thought the price she offered seemed low, but he would gladly accept. Besides, he hadn't established good relations with another crafter yet (save for Emerath), and getting on a blacksmith's good side would surely do him good. "Gladly," He grinned again, opening up a trade window and entering the col. "If you ever need use of a Merchant's shop, drop by the third floor--I'll have some good prices for you." He added.

(-1,000 col, +Obsidian Fang)

Teion smiled and opened up her trade window, dropping the item in and accepting. She was happy to be getting along with another crafter already. Of course she knew the twins, but she hadn't spent much time at their shops besides social visits. Either way, she was happy to have sold the dagger to a person she believed would put it to good use, at least according to her friend. She would have to consider checking Hans' shop out sometime.

(-Obsidian Fang, +1,000 col)