[F3] « Lion's Share » [Alchemy] (closed)

Inside the Shirajishi-ryū Valley, next to a Tailor shop an Alchemy shop stand proud with its roman inspired architecture. The name oddly similar with its neighbours but once you peek inside through the big front windows of this shop, the difference will be more than noticeable. White walls, furniture and equipment decorate the inside as well as at least a couple of white coated staff members.

By no means the shop is a quite place, a brunette boy (19 years old) wearing a butler outfit and a crimson haired girl (18 years old) wearing a maid-like uniform, work diligently to keep the shop in order, doing chores like cleaning the place and arranging the items or helping the shop owner with his crafting. Unless directly addressed the 'master' doesn't look your way as one of his two assistants notices your entry and approaches the counter, asking you with a smile:

"Welcome to our Laboratory, how may I help you?"

Statistics:

Rank 7: Mentor Alchemist (666/1280) - 640 Total XP with 8 Crafting Attempts per day

The CD Result Chart (Rank 7)

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials) 1 XP
    [2] = Fail (Lose materials) 1 XP
  [3-5] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 6+/ crystals LD 10+) 2 XP 
  [6-8] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot) 3 XP
 [9-11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots) 5 XP
   [12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots) 8 XP

LD extra items:
    [1-12] = No additional items.
    [13-17] = Yields 1 additional item.
    [18-20] = Yields 2 additional items.

Materials: 8 T1 | 6 T2
Tools Used:

≪Alchemist's Aid#134537≫: +1 CD 
   ≪Ryukyu Furin#134714≫: +1 Exp
ATP Guild Solo Buff: "Lucrative"
Reduce LD needed for Salvage by 5 (10+ for Alchemist crystals, 6+ for everything else). +2 Exp per craft. 

Shop Inventory and Prices:

1st Tier Items:

Spoiler
  • None

2nd Tier Items:

Spoiler
  • None

3rd Tier Items:

Spoiler
  • None

*prices..wip

Transaction Log:

Spoiler
  1. Received Materials from Ariel, as a 'investment'? (link
  2. Received  25 Materials, upon topic closure.(link)
  3. Received 32 Materials and 4138 Col from Ariel, as forward payment. (link
  4. Received 5 Materials from Baldur, as tip. (link)
  5. Received 9 Materials from Baldur, as payment for the items made in the post. (link)
  6. Received 50 Materials from Ariel, upon her 'purchase' of 2xMedella crystallus, 2nd grade 2nd edition, Medella populus crystallus, 1nd grade 2nd edition  and  Medella crystallus, 1nd grade 2nd edition  .
  7. Received 10 Materials and Feline's Aid(+1 craft attempt) from Ariel, upon her 'purchase' of Malum crystallus, 3rd grade 2nd edition  and Malum , 3rd grade 2nd edition .
  8. Received 9 Materials from Ariel, as forward payment. (link)
  9. Received 9 Materials from Ariel, upon her purchase of a Malum crystallus, 2nd grade. (link)
  10. Gave Opal a Novum principium. (link)
  11. Traded Teayre a Novum principium for Alchemist's Aid(+1 Crafting Die). (link)
  12. Received 6 Materials from Teayre,upon her purchase of a Malum crystallus, 1st grade.(link)
  13. Received 12 Materials & 800 col from Ariel, upon her purchase of a Novum principium. (link)
  14. Received 24 materials, after completing the earning a living quest.

Edited by Dracul
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First day, as I stand in front of my shop's entrance, a smile creeps on my face. Finally, I was free from that hellish training. It took me a whole month to end it but now, the spoils were worth it. I turn my head towards two figures in the back, a pair formed from a brunette young man named Darius (19 years old) and a crimson young girl named Claudia (18 years old). As they sensed my gaze on them they break their relaxed position and enter a soldier-like attention stance. I nod, still impressed with their observation skills and loyalty.

They were the majority of the 'spoils' that I mentioned earlier. After finishing the alchemist training, I got these two as apprentices. I was of course a beginner in alchemy but for some reason, after a month my ...teacher told me that he had nothing more to teach me and put these two under my care, so that I train then as he did with me.

"Guess we should start making ourself familiar with the place." I say in a normal tone, it was a bit awkward for me to have people under my care so I wasn't trying to sound bossy. The young girl replies:

"Yes, lord Vladislav." and bows, then she puts her hand behind the young man's head and forced him to bow as well. It was obvious who was the elder brother, despite their numeral difference in age.

I simply shrug and let out a sigh, this was my new tittle for some reason. "Lord"...why? I asked her once, she replied about me being her senior and superior in the art of alchemy and that their uncle told them to address me like that. Long story short, we went inside and started our work.

1. ID#34156  CD: 5  LD: 8   [Bad Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material
  2. ID#34157  CD: 6  LD: 20 [Bad Item: 1 XP] - Material Salvaged
Edited by Dracul

A new day and the shop already looked more decent. The place was spotless, nothing less to expect from my assistants. They were a hard working bunch, unlike myself. I was just starting to acknowledged how lucky I really was having them with me, not to mention that I have their unconditioned(is it really?) loyalty. With a clap of my hand I stop the two from whatever their doing and wave them to get closer. With a light cough I then address them: "Okay, first I'd like to congratulate you guys, the place is spotless. You did good Claudia!" the girl slightly bowed upon receiving the praise, her brother on the other hand shot a glare filled of jealousy at her. He wanted to say something but then he meet my gaze and swallowed up all that he had to say along with his saliva.

"Of course Darius, you are to be praised as well, diligently following your sister's advices even if cleaning isn't your strong suit." My face showed a pleasant smile towards the boy, at least I think of him as a boy even if 4 years difference split us apart, he nodded in gratitude.

"Okay now let go of whatever you were doing and prepare the work place, today we are going to make some potions together!"

1. ID#34264  CD: 8   [Good Item: 2 XP] - 1 Material
  2. ID#34265  CD: 11 [Rare Item: 5 XP] - 1 Material
  • Name: Medella, 2nd grade
  • Profession: Alchemist
  • ID: 34265
  • Roll: 11
  • Item Type: Potion
  • Quality: Rare
  • Enhancements: (+20) HP Recovery
  • Description: A vial that contains a red liquid with a surprisingly pleasant pineapple flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.
Edited by Dracul

Another day, another crafting session was scheduled so, as yesterday I interrupted my assistant from their daily routine and asked them to help me with my crafts. SInce my status rissen from a mere assistant myself, I thought I knew what those two felt while working by my side. And I found myself enjoying their company as well... the mood was a little more relaxed but they still had the stiff attitude, as those soldiers that are near commanding officers.

ID# 34368  CD: 10 [Uncommon Item: 3 XP] - 1 Material

• Name: Medella, 3nd grade
  • ID: 34368
  • Roll: 10
  • Quality: Uncommon
  • Enhancements: (+15) HP Recovery
  • Description: A vial that contains a red liquid with a surprisingly pleasant pineapple flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID# 34369  CD: 8  [Good Item: 2 XP] - 1 Material

Edited by Dracul

After doing a couple of quests together with my assistants, the workshop seemed to be in a better mood. I was gazing with a smile from my 'official' leather chair, as the two brothers were working throughout the shop. Sorting things and making calculations and they knew what. I was more of the lazy type so having them manage the shop with no apparent complain suited me best. After a while I look at the clock on the wall 'It's about time' I thought as I audibly get up from my chair. With a light clap I get their attention and point towards our 'lab'. They obediently nod with a smile and after leaving their chores on stand by join me in making the alchemical quota for today.

ID# 34521 LD: 11[Rare Item: 5 XP] - 1 Material

• ID: 34521
  • Quality: Rare

ID# 34522 LD: 9 [Good Item: 2 XP] - 1 Material

Edited by Dracul

Today I was in a pretty good mood, not only that my daily life went smoothly but also my professional life got a bit of a boost with a new rank in my alchemical endeavors. I entered the shop excited and greeted my two assistants that were maintaining the place with all their perseverance, like fateful bees that serve the interests of the hive. Once again I pulled them out of their labor and all 3 of us started crafting, by now I allowed them to so some minor alchemical mixes by their own but under my strict supervision.

ID# 34772 CD: 12 [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 1 Material

• Name: Novum principium
  • ID: 34772
  • Roll: 12
  • Quality: Perfect
  • Enhancements: Crafter's Respite
  • Description: A vial that contains a white liquid with a nasty lemon flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID# 34771 CD: 12 [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 1 Material

• ID: 34771
  • Description: A vial that contains a white liquid with a nasty lemon flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID# 34521 CD: 4  LD: 17 [Bad Item: 1 XP] - Material recovered

Edited by Dracul

After yesterday's successes, I was in a pretty damn good mood. I started crafting new things that would help me get even more experience! Without wasting time, I summoned my assistants as usual:

"What are we going to make today, my lord?" Asked Darius in a puzzled expression as he was readying a couple of vials filled with mixes resulted from our gathering supplies. I look at him and his sister and nod for no particular reason before responding while washing my hands. "I have something planned out in my mind, will have to find a way to make it happen it seems. Those Novum principium potions have a part to play as well." With a swift gesture I retrieve the said items from my inventory and place them in a corner of the workplace, for later use. They manage to make something but the loss was too great.

ID#34844  CD: 11 [Rare Item: 5 XP] - 1 Material

• ID: 34844

ID#34845  CD: 1 [Epic Fail: 1 XP] - 1 Material

ID#34846  CD: 2 [Epic Fail: 1 XP] - 1 Material

Seeing how we did little successful work I take one of the vials that I summoned earlier and gulp it down. "Okay next try!" 

Rank up! 45 XP Achieved, New Rank: Professional Alchemist!

1X Novum principium(Crafter's respite) Used!

ID#34848  CD: 8 [Good Item: 2 XP] - 1 Material

ID#34849  CD: 12 [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 1 Material

• ID: 34849

ID#34850  CD: 2 [Fail Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material

ID#34876  CD: 3 [Fail Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material

Edited by Dracul

Returning back to the shop, I was in a good mood. My assistants greeted me with a "Welcome back, lord Vladislav!" that made me puff my chest a bit as I drop the pouch containing 12 mats in front of them. "Okay, lets continued crafting!" I said in a excited voice. While the two prepared the lab, I started sorting out the mats. My favorite sorting method was the color code. Each item had assigned a color to it of course each code had its special designation that I won't be divulging here, I'm not that stupid.

We started our next phase of alchemy, trying to transmute a crystal this time. It didn't really matter its effect as long as they managed to achieve a stable crystallized form of the product. And so, they began their first attempts so further increase their knowledge and influence in the world of alchemy.

ID#34967 CD: 5  LD: 18 [Bad Item: 1 XP] - Material recovered

ID#34968 CD: 11 [Rare Item: 5 XP] - 2 Material

• Name: Malum crystallus, 2nd grade
  • ID: 34968
  • Item Type: Crystal
  • Enhancements: (+2) Damage
  • Description: A vial that contains a blue liquid with the sweet metallic flavor of blood. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID#34969 CD: 1 [Fail Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material

ID#34970 CD: 9 [Uncommon Item: 3 XP] - 1 Material

• Name: Arx, 3nd grade
  • ID: 34970
  • Roll: 9
  • Quality:Uncommon
  • Enhancements: (+3) Damage Mitigation
  • Description: A vial that contains a green liquid with the sweet taste of bamboo. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

Edited by Dracul

I returned to the shop yet in a good mood again as I just picked up my ordered item. This amulet will help me focus and make even greater alchemical products. I summon my assistants once again and we begin our now regular dailly attempts in creating something great. The two keep looking at the amulet as I wear it visibly over the white shirt. "Don't worry guys, I'll place orders for you to get something similar soon enough." I say with a gentle smile as she work.

ID#35088  CD: 3 (2+1) [Fail Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material

ID#35089  CD: 9 (8+1) [Uncommon Item: 3 XP] - 1 Material

• ID: 35089
  • Roll: 9 (8+1)

ID#35090  CD: 12 [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 2 Material 

• Name: Malum crystallus, 1nd grade
  • ID: 35090
  • Enhancements: (+3) Damage
  • Description: A vial that contains a blue liquid with the sweet metallic flavor of blood. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID#34891  CD: 10 [Uncommon Item: 3 XP] - 1 Material

• ID: 34591
  • Roll: 10 (9+1)
Edited by Dracul

Another day, more items to make. Or at least that is my intention as long as I have the materials for it. I've heard rumors that a new floor boss fight will start soon so I'm thinking of opening the gates to the front liners. But that would have to w8 until the preparation meeting will end and a conclusion regarding the participants will be made. Until then me and my assistants will work diligently in improving our stock. I gather them and prepare the necessary materials as they set u the lab.

ID#35188  CD: 12 [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 1 Material 

Spoiler
  • Name: Palladium
  • ID: 35188
  • Enhancements: Safeguard Potion
  • Description: A vial that contains a blue liquid with a minty flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID#35189  CD: 4 (3+1) [Bad Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material 

ID#35190  CD: 5 (4+1) [Bad Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material 

ID#35191  CD: 3 (2+1) [Fail Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material 

Edited by Dracul
  • 4 weeks later...

Its been a while since I've done some crafting so I decided to pay a visit to my assistants and see the shop's state. Mundane problems had kept me apart from a active life and I feel like they will do the same in the fi¡uture. But now I was in a good mood so I took my assistants to the works place and we began experimenting in hopes of reaching a new level.

ID#38217  CD: 12 (nat) [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 2 Material 

Spoiler
  • Name: Arx, 1st grade
  • ID: 38217
  • Roll: 12
  • Quality:Perfect
  • Enhancements: (+9) Damage Mitigation
  • Description: A vial that contains a green liquid with the sweet taste of bamboo. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

ID#38218  CD:1 (nat) [Bad Item: 1 XP] - 1 Material 

ID#38219  CD: 12 (nat) [Perfect Item: 8 XP] - 1 Material 

Spoiler
  • ID: 38219

ID#38220  CD: 6 (5+1) [Good Item: 2 XP] - 1 Material 

Edited by Dracul

Entering the shop Teayre has a quick look around and nods at the assistants before making her way to the brunette. Flashing him a smile she leans on his counter, or more precisely peers over the counter at the shop owner. "Drac, fancy making me what was it..." Pausing for a second Teayre rubs her head, quickly her eyes flick to the side where a sign is dangling. "That was it the Malum crystallus, 1nd grade. I need one for the boss fight coming up let me know when you're done." Sliding a bag of mats over the table the girl swiftly leaves the shop.

-6 Mats

I was in the middle of working when a somehow familiar voice rang in the place, almost ruining a craft attempt that the 3 of us were making. I decided to half ignore the smile the incoming crimson headed have to my male assistant and answered her while Darius lightly blushed. "Ah, Teayre the pendant works like a charm!" I said, bringing forth the mentioned item from my neck, bringing it into her attention. The blue alchemical markings were glowing since we were in the process of 'experimenting'. Next I go to the counter and present her the desired item while taking the bag of items: "These will go perfectly with my plans." I wave her goodbye and pat Darius on the back "Sorry buddy, from what I hear she's taken by Aincrad's highes lvl player. Better luck next time." And with that they go back to work.

+6 Mats
- Item:

Spoiler
  • Name: Malum crystallus, 1nd grade
  • ID: 35090
  • Enhancements: (+3) Damage

•  
  • 4 weeks later...

Walking through the front gate of a unfamiliar shop, the blonde ignores the 'Closed!' sign at the entrance and goes into the shop. "Hello!" she said with her crystalline voice. I need a couple of damage perfect crystals and a safeguard. I am greeted by a bespectacled crimson girl: "Welcome Miss Ariel, I believe this is the first time you step foot into our shop. What do we own the honor?" then after remembering what she just said the girl adjusts her glasses and replies: "Have no fear milady, I think we can come up to the task." From aside  a brunette butler smiles and nods. As she trusts the words of the shop master's assistants the blonde nods and replies: "I wanted to see that little vampire for myself but I guess he's busy. Say hi to him from me!" says the blonde as she looks at the two and leaves with a smile on her face. As she touched the doorknob she turn around and materialized a bag of materials: "This is for your troubles." she says before she leaves the shop.

Gave Dracul 11 Materials

It seemed like an eternity since our last crafts, the shop stock was relatively good but I had an itch to start crafting again. And the intrusion of a certain blonde gave me just the right excuse to do so. After being briefed about Ariel's request by my assistants, we go in our workplace and start tinkering with the stuff the blonde left us. "Be careful my lord those are high quality materials that can be found on the higher levels, some even are exclusive to the current front line." a scolding voice keeps nagging me about that. "Fine, just watch over me!" I say with little interest in what she actually does. Seeing so many new materials piqued my interest. Today is going to be a good day I feel.

41431 2 6 15 9 Dracul +2 exp -1 mat

41432 3 3 5 8 Dracul +1 exp -1 mat

41433 6 1 9 1 Dracul +1 exp -1 mat

41434 3 3 7 2 Dracul +1 exp -1 mat

41435 9 1 2 1 Dracul +1 exp -1 mat

Edited by Dracul
  • 2 weeks later...

Again its been too long since I last crafted with my assistants. I summon them with a nod and we start fabricating dreams in material form. We were but novices at the beginning but now we can say that we gained some experience and wouldn't do such a bad job. Either way I open one of my teacher's books and start making the necessary preparations.

42872 2 6 6 7 Dracul +2 Exp -1 mat
42873 7 8 9 4 Dracul +3 Exp -1 mat
42874 4 4 20 1 Dracul +1 Exp mat recovered
42875 2 6 4 2 Dracul +2 Exp -1 mat
42876 5 7 19 6 Dracul +2 Exp -1 mat
Edited by Dracul

The blonde found herself coming to this place again before the X-mas event actually starts. She needed a bit of extra damage as she traded her blade for a improvement? or not she will have to see. Opening the entrance wide, she looked around and found the 3 stooges being busy bees as she greeted the familiar crimson bespectacled beauty. "Hey Claudia, I have a request for you. Do you guys have any dmg crystals lying around?" she saw what she was searching for and grabbed it without waiting to be answered. SHe then materialized a bag full of 9 mats. "Make good use of them, the floor boss fight will be coming soon!" she said as she waved goodbye to all 3 of them.

Malum crystallus, 2nd grade (+2 dmg/thread)
- 9 mats

• 1 month later...

4 2 16 3 Dracul   +1 Exp/ mat recovered
47900  12  15  10   Dracul  
  +8 Exp/ -2 mats
47899 8 5 12 7 Dracul   +2 exp/-1 mat
47898 3 2 1 7 Dracul Msg_hover2.png +1 exp/-1 mat
47905  12  2 1  Dracul

+8 Exp/ -2 mats

Its been a while since I haven't crafted anything, but a certain annoying blonde keeps randomly popping up in the shop and demanding items as we are her personal pupets.... The thought of sending her and her orders to hell crossed my mind several times and I was tempted to do so if... it wasn't for the generous donations and payments she made to us on almost every ocasion she came here. In either case, I call my two trustworthy assistance and task them to complete her order while I 'contemplate' upon what should we do next. These supplies would no doubtly be for the incoming boss fight, after a looooong period of stagnation... the higher levels seemed to get going... "Ah, whatever....." I say in a exasperated tone as I return to my daily routine.

• Name: Malum crystallus, 1nd grade 2nd edition
  • ID: 47900
  • Tier: 2
  • Enhancements: (+3*2) Damage

• Name: Arx, 1st grade 2nd edition
  • ID: 47905
  • Roll: 12
  • Enhancements: (+3*9) Damage Mitigation

-6 mats/ +20 exp

Edited by Dracul

The blonde decided to pop in the by now familiar 'royal' shop as its been awhile since she placed a sizable order but got no reply from the guy or his assistance. "Hey Darius! long time no see!" she says as she enters the place and first spots the blunette as he was busy cleaning around the shop. Today he was left in charge of the place... or at least that was what it looked like to Ariel. "Where are the rest of the merry band?" she asked, voicing her thought.

At first the boy showed a puzzled expression as he didn't knew who could be so stupid to enter a shop that clearly had the "Closed" sign at the entrance, then a smile covers his expression as he realizes that it was their 'patron'. "Welcome back Miss Ariel!" he replied in a energetic tone, leaving what he was doing behind and preparing the items she ordered previously. "Master and Claudia had gone in a quest to get some more materials and a necklace I believe. They left me here to attend to the shop in their absence."He said a bit flustered. "so a potion with safeguarding properties, a damage enhancing crystal and a mitigation enhancing crystal. There you go miss!" he said, handing the aforementioned items.

-Items:

•  
Spoiler

• Name: Palladium
  • Item Type: Potion
  • Quality: Perfect
  • Enhancements: Safeguard Potion
  • Description: A vial that contains a blue liquid with a minty flavor. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

• Name: Malum crystallus, 1nd grade 2nd edition
  • Item Type: Crystal
  • Tier: 2
  • Quality: Perfect
  • Enhancements: (+3*2) Damage
  • Description: A vial that contains a blue liquid with the sweet metallic flavor of blood. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

• Name: Arx, 1st grade 2nd edition
  • Item Type: Crystal
  • Tier: 2
  • Enhancements: (+3*9) Damage Mitigation
  • Description: A vial that contains a green liquid with the sweet taste of bamboo. On the glass there is a sticker with the item name, effect description, store name and logo, the pair of blue roses with thorns.

•  
Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been far to long since I've crafted. My assistants are on the verge of leaving my side as I prove to be inactive on a daily basis... this world just doesn't seem to want to move forwards so why bother? or at least that was what I thought until In recieved a PM from a certain blonde that 'demanded' a damage potion for the incoming boss fight... With a sigh and a latent joy I go to my assistants and urge them to make the necesary preparations for the item's manufacturing.

#49277  CD: 10 (9+1) +3 Exp/-2 Mats

#49278  CD: 10 (9+1) +3 Exp/-1 Mats

#49279  CD: 2 (1+1) +1 Exp/-1 Mats

#49280  CD: 7 (6+1) +2 Exp/-1 Mats

#49281  CD: 5 (4+1) +2 Exp/-1 Mats

• Name: Malum crystallus, 3rd grade 2nd edition
  • ID: 49277
  • Enhancements: (+1*2) Damage

• Name: Malum , 3rd grade 2nd edition
  • ID: 49278
  • Enhancements: (+1*2) Damage
Edited by Dracul