Halloween Event Sign-Ups

This is the official sign up for the Halloween Event. Credit to Lowenthal for its creation.

It is Strongly recommended you do not apply unless you are at least level 20. Under-leveled applicants run the risk of their immediate death.

PumpkinWitch.jpg

Players enter an expansive pumpkin field in the darkness, greeted only by the sounds of crickets and others not quite so natural. Bats fly, rats wander in corners and the sun is nowhere to be seen, covered by black clouds, leaking only enough sunlight so that it is possible to see everything. Eerie gas lamps hang around the places, though the lamps swing, creaking.

In the center of the pumpkin field stands a witch, humming and playing with a bunch of pumpkins lying on the ground. The witch looks at the players entering with wide eyes and skips towards them, speaking with glee. 

"Greetings kind player. I am the Pumpkin Witch. I'm like a mother to those pumpkins - I give them all the love and care a young fruit could ever ask for.
From the moment they first push a shoot above the soil, right up until their heads are cut off and eaten - and look, see how they repay me! Running around and causing mischief!"
The Pumpkin Witch waves a free hand out to the fields where pumpkin scarecrows are harmlessly wandering about, around the giant pumpkin in the center. "That nasty old big Pumpkin is a bad influence on the young seedlings, if you teach him a lesson in manners I might give you a nice present!"

"All you neeeeed to do is to sign here that you helped me. Once you sign, there is no backing out. Witches promiiiise! Then when the clock strikes, the gates to the big bad meanie will open and you can go on gardening duty!". She points to a piece of paper in their hand, which has with a string a quill attached. Players who wish to join the quest must sign the paper.

Rules:

1. To join, one signs the paper to show they will be in it. No further applicants will be taken when the time turns to 31st of October midday GMT.

2. -You have 24 hours to post or are skipped

3. If you are skipped in this battle you immediately sustain 5HP damage.

4. -If you are skipped three times you void any rewards but will still sustain damage

The damage for being skipped is something that is being trailed for this boss battle; it is an incentive to keep an eye on the thread you are in, to ensure that you are not skipped. It is also an incentive to promote activity within the boss fight and to demote users joining then abandoning the thread.

Accepted Players:

Calrex, Teayre, Ariel, Kalesh, Lowenthal, Ssendom, Opal, Zelrius, Azide, Tristan, Rebekah, Jomei

Edited by Tristan Delaney

Kalesh shrugged his shoulders and happily filled out the piece of paper. 19, 20, the difference was four hitpoints, he figured it was close enough since he had mitigation and evasion on his side. Not like he was covered in uncommons or even rares! A part of him hoped however 'no backing out' didn't also mean 'no crystals' but the possibility was there he figured. "I am secretly hoping there will be pumpkin pie."

Ssendom saw a very rare sign, a notice to sign up for a non respawning event boss. "Looks like the information brokers out did themseves they actually found us a serviceable event boss." He went to the stand and filled out his name. "The experience is all I care about." He said to himself with intensity

OOC: Thank you, Commander. :)

Opal had gained permission from her Guild Leader to participate. She had yet to see Azide or if he would even show up for the event, but none the less, as a representative of the Blood Oaths, she would write her name down elegantly and therefore would do the best damn job she could in the event for herself as well as her Commander and Vice Commander. 

Having received the go-ahead, Azide warped to the designated floor, wondering what exactly this was all about. Sources had indicated the sudden appearance of a new NPC amidst a field of pumpkins, suggesting a link to a certain pumpkin-prevalent holiday which would soon be upon them. In any case, he soon arrived at the decorated destination, which was shrouded in the familiar feel and tone of dry autumn. A whispered breeze stirred the dying leaves around his feet as he strolled through the site.

As he approached, a pale woman garbed in black danced over to him, leaving the side of a player adorned with the skull of a hydra. It was always a wonder to him why anybody would possibly wish to wear such a gaudy thing, but if it worked for Zelrius, then more power to him. In any case, the young lady stepped almost uncomfortably close to him and began firing off what seemed to be a pre-choreographed script. Azide craned his head over to the left of her as she rambled on, and gawked at the pumpkin-headed scarecrows in the distance that roamed about as an absolute beast of a gourd sat comfortably in the middle of the hoard.

Having enough of the hag, he stepped aside and took his leave as the witch continued to yap away as if nothing had happened. "Rocking the old red and white, I see," remarked Azide, as he came to a stop by Opal's side. Making use of the quill provided, he recorded both his name and signature onto the empty sheet which had been magicked into his hand. Once he'd given his consent, both the utensil and page vanished, eliciting a momentary raise of a brow from the Knight of the Blood. He rolled his neck, followed by his shoulders, and awaited the event's commencement.

Jomei found himself wandering through a pumpkin patch when he was approached by the witch and her offer. Scratching at the hairs on his chin and looking over the contract, some names already scribbled onto it, the irishman nodded. Looked like another couple of his friends were already taking part in this fight, and Jomei decided he would fight alongside them "Alright, I'm game." Jomei signed his name at the bottom of the paper.