[OP-F1] Let's Go Hunting!

latest?cb=20120823195936

It was around the middle of the day, though Shizua had still been left tired. She had been walking around Starting City, looking for somebody, or, more ideally, a few people, to form a party with. She was normally seen sitting around one of the towns many exits, simply waiting. The young girl wasn't sure of what to say to somebody, so for the most part, Shizua just stood around, looking like she was about to say something, though she didn't. It was pretty clear of her low level, due to her simply wearing the beginning armor, and, though it wasn't drawn, across her back was her one handed assault spear. Though, at this point, she didn't think she was going to get to fight anything for a while.

Ayumu yawned as she laid sprawled out on the grass. Today was a lazy day. Sure, since she was a low level beginner, she could be trying to gain some experience. There was a difference between should and could, and Ayumu planned on taking complete advantage of that today. Lazily, she rose to her feet, shaking the fog out of her brain. She decided to go back to the Town of Beginnings, maybe to visit one of the shops, or just chill out and eat some lunch. Ayumu took a rejuvenating breath, and made her way over to the little town, she spotted a girl just casually standing at one of the exits. It seemed like she was looking for someone, but Ayumu wasn't sure. With a shrug, she decided to approach her.

"Hey," she greeted as she approached the girl, "you looking for someone?"

Shizua's eyes quickly moved to see someone looking at her. She realized she must look strange, constantly looking at people, almost speaking, but saying nothing. She moved to stand in a normal-ish position, looking at the woman speaking to her. "A- ah... Hello... I'm.. well, I'm not looking for anybody specifically... just somebody to.. grind a little with... Hopefully enough to... fill a party..." She said to the inquirer.

Sousuke had been watching the girl sitting by the entrance of the city for quite sometime it wasn't often that he saw new players these days but here was one right below him. He had been sitting on rooftops marking traffic I'm and out of the city on his maps and he hadn't seen this girl around before. He decided to descend from the rooftops and approach her to see what was going on taking care to pull his mask and hood down for this encounter. Judging by the way she held herself she seemed shy so he didn't want to spook her.

"Hey there miss is there anything I can do for you?" He asked the girl politely.

Shizua quickly spun on her heel, until her eyes met Sousuke's face, which was concealed at the moment. "U- uhm... Hi. I'm just... looking for anybody who'd like to join a party... Somebody low level...  I- I guess..." She said slowly, looking at the man. What's with the mask...? She thought to herself, unsure of weather or not to trust this guy. However, she tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, so why not him? She slowly smiled a bit, tilting her head a bit.

Ayumu jumped a bit, rather startled by the decent of the strange player. She narrowed her eyes scrutinizingly, unsure if she deemed him trustworthy or not. Keeping him in the corner of her eye, she said to the girl,

"I see. Well, I'm Ayumu. As of right now, I'm a low level player, and I don't really have anything better to do today..." she pondered on the subject for a moment, then with a friendly smile, "I could join you, if you like. I mean, we just met, so I can understand if you wouldn't want me to. In fact, I don't even know your name yet. May I have the pleasure of learning it?" she laughed a little. Ayumu had a good feeling about this girl...while from first impressions she seemed quiet, she was likeable.

Shizua's gaze turned back to the girl, who had just introduced herself. She returned her smile, nodding quickly. "Right... It's very nice to meet you, Ayumu... My name is Shizua... So, then, you'd like to party up...?" She said, her smile widening a bit. "Well... hold on.." She said, bringing her hand out, and swiping it down. Her menu came up, and she quickly navigated to the 'Party' section. She tapped a few more buttons, and eventually, a dialogue box appeared before Ayumu. It read:

>>You've been invited to Shizua's party! Would you like to join?<<

>>Yes<< >>No<<

Edited by Shizua
double post?

Sousuke lowered his hood and mask to reveal his face as the two girls introduced themselves to each other and nodded in approval before giving a slight now to them and offering them some advice.

"May I come with you? It can get unsafe out there so if need be I can kill the lower level mobs for you if your health gets low." He offered.

Sousuke lowered his hood and mask to reveal his face as the two girls introduced themselves to each other and nodded in approval before giving a slight now to them and offering them some advice.

"May I come with you? It can get unsafe out there so if need be I can kill the lower level mobs for you if your health gets low." He offered.

Shizua looked to Sousuke, then to Ayumu, then back to Sousuke again. "..Alright... I'm Shizua... Who're you..?" She asked with a smile as she brought up her menu, again navigating to the party. In just a few seconds Sousuke would recieve a dialogue box, much like the girl standing beside him did. "Alright, there you go! Just accept that... and we can either wait for more people... or we can go now."

>>You've been invited to Shizua's party! Would you like to join?<<

>>Yes<< >>No<<

(OOC: So...I was looking at my username to the left of my posts, and I see it says that I'm level four. Um...I haven't done any combat yet or something like that, just making posts. How did this happen? XD Not that I mind or anything, I'm just confused.)

She gave a small nod of affirmation, touching the blue circle to accept the party invitation.

"Nice to meet you Shizua. So, where do you think we should plan on going to 'grind?' I suppose we could wait for more party members...we might do better if there were more than just us three. Not saying that we couldn't handle the monsters on this floor, but still. How big of a party were you thinking of forming?

Edited by Ayumu
double posting

(OOC: The site's kind of glitched right now. Half the time it's double posting, for whatever reason. Also, same with me... Probably another bug.)

Shizua paused for a moment, putting her finger on her lower lip. "Hm... Well.. I would assume we could just, well... explore a bit, and fight any monsters we see on the way... I think we should just wait a few more minutes... see if anybody else wants to join, I guess." She said, looking up to the two. "Does that sound good to you two..?" She asked, her hands finding their way to each other behind her back.

Edited by Shizua

"Yeah, that sounds reasonable," she nodded again, "I'm sure some more people interested in joining a party will come through here." Then, carefully eyeing the strange guy with the hood, "what do you think, mister...uh..." Ayumu frowned, realizing there was no name to fill the blank, "who are you exactly?" she asked rather bluntly.

I wonder where he got that hood and mask from... She mused. I didn't know one could get such customized clothing in SAO. Perhaps there's some more detailed shops on higher floors. Sounds about right, if this is like any classic game.

Shizua grinned whilst looking at Sousuke. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sousuke." With that, she looked to the group, then the gate, then back to Ayumu. "Well... I suppose there's nothing keeping us... Yeah. Let's go." She said, giving a nod of confirmation to Sousuke and Ayumu. She then started to walk towards the gate, a bit slowly, to give the others a moment to start as well.

(OOC: Yay I logged on at just the right time :3 )

Taking a deep breath, Ayumu began following the girl, excitement tickling her. Even though she had planned on doing nothing today, she needed to begin leveling up so she could clear the game...or at least become better at combat, if she was going to be stuck here forever. Opening her menu, she scrolled through her inventory to find her sword. Tapping it, the weapon materialized in her hand, and she carefully carried it as she walked.

Sousuke pulled his hood and mask back up as he began to follow his new companions out of the gate his equipment at the ready. He pulled out a piece of paper that he had used to map out the surrounding areas where he frequently came to farm mats and showed the girls the map pointed to an open area close to road a few miles north of where they were.

"There are wolves and boars over there we can use to get you started but be careful ok I'll jump in if I need to but I'll let you two do the fighting mainly since I'll just one shot most things over there. If you get in trouble I'll switch in ok?" He told the pair.

As the three began to walk, Shizua nodded at Sousuke's words. "Alright... I've only got one damage, and not much HP... What about you, Ayumu? What level are you?" The young girl asked, turning her head back to look at the other woman, still walking, however. "Since Col is divided evenly, it doesn't matter who gets the last strike, money wise, right?" She asked, her gaze turning from one to another, now at Sousuke.

"Well, I'm only at level two," Ayumu shrugged, "so you and I are in the same boat Shizua - low energy, low HP, and not many Sword Arts to perform due to energy constraints. But that's alright, hunting is do-able, even with such low stats." she smiled a bit. "Besides, in no time I'll be able to get enough SP to be at a good enough level to zoom through the floors. The sooner I get home, the better," then after a pause, she winced, "sorry...I'm rambling, aren't I? I guess I'm just a little eager to clear the game. I have some insanely important stuff to do back in the real world, so I'm trying to train all I can to get back. Enough about that though, lets go find some creatures and do some hunting!"

• 4 weeks later...

(OOC: Oh, I just love randomly joining threads!)

Lilliad crouched in a tree nearby the three players. She watched them curiously, studying their faces. That one's Ayumu, isn't it? She moved further up the branch, trying not to rustle any leaves. It'll be cool to join their party. She thought. They look really nice. Except maybe for that hooded dude. He kinda looks mysterious. But cool. Level 16! Woah! Dammit, I'm level 1. Meh.