[PP-F1] A Night on The Town (Shizua, Macradon)

(Pretend there was no literal 9 month break inbetween posts kthx)

"Really..?" Shizua actually seemed quite intrigued by this bit of information. "I'm not behind? So, does that mean you're ahead, than?" She inquired of Macradon. "Or is it more a case of everybody is all spread out?" She seemed to ask a flurry of questions, however one after the other, she forgot about the previous one. "I wonder if that means there's a chance for me to be able to catch up.." She asked herself, looking down to her steak. "Hm.. well, hopefully it does, at least."

Macradon would smile at that reply, leaning back into his chair, lightly lifting the front legs up and rock back a forth as he placed the mug of ale on the table again. He would lean his head backwards and look up at the ceiling "I only hoped I was ahead, but even I have some levels to catch up to" he said with a slight chuckle. "Even though my level is 18, there's someone up there who's probably over the twenties, leading the frontline or something" he would say with a slightly depressed tone. "But either way, you're not behind at all, since the majority of people at this moments is quite the low levels" he said and smiled back at Shizua. "But as I need to catch up, you have to, and by that I mean we could grind some quests or something together and skyrocket your levels" he said and would patiently smile at Shizua, waiting for a response.

Shizua harrumphed when Macradon said that people were already in their twenties. "Ugh, this game really doesn't throw you any bones, does it..? You have to get out there and work super hard for everything.." She took another bite of her steak, listening to his offer. "Hm..? You mean, like, a high level quest, where we can both get a lot of experience?" She asked, sitting back for a few moments.

(You may not have read the updates, but posts aren't required at 3 lines anymore, they're required at 150 words now, just a heads up)

He would look over at Shizua, not really questioning her question, but would reply with a nonchalant reply "Not really high levels, maybe something where you wont be killed" he said like it death was nothing. He haven't really experienced any death here in the game as of yet, and not really knowing much about it either way, other than it meant death in real life. Macradon's mind strove away from what he was trying to focus on, the conversation he had with Shizua. He would think of a good way to start out their grinding and get a good head start for what other people were used to do alone, or even what Macradon did in the start of the game, alone. "If there's any low leveled quests you want to clear, I can help you with that and maybe find some extra things that might get us some more of that sweet sweet exp" he said with a smile and a happier tone in his voice than before.

(Oh gee, raising the minimum requirement for no reason.)

Shizua seemed to react a bit different than Macradon had whenever he talked about death. Where he seemed to just shrug it off, the girl's eye contact broke, and she averted her gaze for a few moments, it eventually returning whenever he changed the subject. "Low level quests? You mean like that one quest I keep hearing about..? It's, uhm.." Shizua cut off for a second, looking up to the ceiling as she thought for a few moments on the name. "..Earning a living?" She asked, looking back down from the ceiling to Macradon. As she did this, her hands raised to take another bite of her food. "Hm.. do you think this game has items that increase how much EXP you get? Those are always some of my favorite items in RPGs.." She says, trailing off as her thoughts shift back to the mechanics of the game. It was so much different compared to most MMOs and RPGs. 

(Word count increase was because 3-liners would be too dry to give the one you're in a thread with enough to work with)

"Hm ..." Macradon muttered from the reply Shizua came with. "Not exactly as low as that, but something like 'Worn out Welcome' or 'Let there be light' or even 'Long live the Queen' as these yield more EXP" he would say as the EXP yield was greater than earning a living. "These quests are something I can steamroll and keep you safe from harm, as well as you completing the quests" he said and would give that answer back to see if she would accept to that. He would then reply to the question she came with, that would greatly test his expertise of the game mechanics. "Of what I know of, there is no item that can increase the EXP gained from mob slaying or quests completion" he would say and give a shrug, as it would be nice for any EXP increasing items. As of no, the only EXP increasing items were profession items, which wouldn't help leveling one's character. "If we just grind through quests fast enough, we might be able to catch up to the others" he would say with a broad smile on his lips. 

Edited by Macradon
I accidentally a word
  • 3 months later...

(3 months later..)

"Damn.." Shizua let out a sigh of nonsuccess. "..Probably makes sense that there's no items like that, I guess.. Why give someone an easy route when you're watching them fight for their life?" After the young lady said this, she went silent. This stretch of quietness was due to the fact that she perceived her comment to have came off in a morbid fashion. Once a bit of time had passed, the quiet was broken by Shizua attempting to respond to Macradon's last statement. "Do you think so? I mean, it sounds easy enough, but.." She trailed off for another few moments. "..Hm. I suppose I'm being too pessimistic about this, aren't I?" The woman reached up to push her glasses back up the bridge of her nose, and afterwards closed her eyes for a few brief seconds. After they reopened, she waited for a response by idly picking up another bite of her food.

Edited by Shizua

It was quite the remark Shizua had come with, but Macradon understood the reasoning behind it. He wouldn't fret too much about it and just get on going, not getting stuck on a tangent. Quite the sudden change in everything, but Macradon understood it way too well. She wasn’t the only one who have ever thought of it that way, though Macradon wasn’t one of those people, but he knew some who thought of it that way. “Yeah, look at it on the bright side. Think about this, I hit level 18 all alone. I never partied with anyone, I were wandering, questing and adventuring all alone, and I turned out fine, didn’t it?” he said with a smile. He was quite confident that with Macradon’s help, Shizua would be able to raise through the levels quite fast, especially when Macradon was beginning to get Search and Detect now so he could raid sub-dungeons.

Shizua seemed surprised to learn that Macradon had gotten himself ahead by eighteen levels all on his own. Thus far, she had only gotten as far as a few generic enemies around the Starting Town with the help of a couple of other players. "Wow.. All on your own? That's pretty impressive." The young player said, nodding her head, while the thought rolled in; Would she be able to make it that far? Shizua usually didn't like to give up, but she would if the stakes were too high. As it stood right now, death did not, in the slightest, seem like a good option. Then again, neither did staying inside a tiny little apartment on the first floor. She figured she would need to find a nice place in between dead and bored to death. "Well, then.. I think I'm in a position to take you up on your offer, Macradon."

• 4 weeks later...

Nodding with a smile on his face, Macradon would stand back up again and look at Shizua. He would reach out with his hand, not only awaiting a handshake, but also help her get up, both literally way and in a figure of speech. “If that’s the case, let me start by helping you up” he said and did a small wink. “I don’t know much about you, nor do I know your fighting style, but I’ll try to help you get stronger as fast as I possibly can” he said with a happy smile. The two would probably be able to achieve much, well, mostly Macradon would do the achieving while Shizua would just receive a lot from Macradon’s efforts. When he thought about it, it didn’t sound that great for Shizua, so Macradon would need to find some quests and things like that where Shizua would be able to help instead of just being a tagalong.

• 2 months later...

Shizua gave a short nod to Macradon as he winked and promised to help her. "I suppose that's that, then. Thank you, Macradon. Your help will be greatly appreciated." She thanked the much higher leveled player, readjusting both herself in her chair, and her glasses on her face. "You probably know about this, but what levels are safe to fight against for my own?" She raised the question, tilting her head to the side. "I've played some RPGs where you have to face enemies a few levels below you, some where you have to face ones a few higher, and some where it's more of an even split. What have you found out in your time here?"

• 2 weeks later...

“Hm …” he would reply to @Shizua’s question. “The game has changed a lot since I started playing … I was soloing from the start on out … but I see that monsters have become stronger and damage has gone down, which means that level 5 at least, is the safest for soloing on the field now” he would say, making a more fleshed out answer. “It seems that monsters you usually meet when hunting are higher levels than you, which means you should stay together in groups as it can be very dangerous to go alone …” he said, trying not to giggle at his joke that wasn’t intended. If Shizua was to raise through the levels, she would have to work hard. Macradon had taken the hard road alone, but somehow managed to really pull it off. He had been soloing for so long, but it was getting more dangerous soloing, so he would just stay out of that solo stuff for now and would take down monsters one at a time, which takes longer than what he was used to.

• 3 months later...

(This thread is almost 3 years old ayylmao)

"Yikes.. Level 5, eh..? Well, I suppose this isn't supposed to be an easy game, considering we all are at risk of death.." Shizua thought on this for a moment, looking up to @Macradon as she let out a quick giggle at his reference. "Well, then, I suppose I should get to work, in that case. I'm pretty close to that already. Though- I suppose I'll still have to be careful above all else.. I'll see what I can do- gear or otherwise- to get up to par with everybody else." With this, the glasses-clad young girl leans back in her chair to contemplate things while waiting for a response from the man sitting in front of her. Her eyes seem to wander a bit, losing focus with the 'real' world as she drifts off into her own little world for a bit.

Macradon nodded, with a smile “It is indeed as you say, not an easy game” he said, continuing “If you do ever need a Blacksmith, head me up, maybe I can make a good deal for you so you don’t have to feel too weak out in the field” he said with a light thumbs up. Looking around this town at this time of day, or perhaps evening, Macradon would like the town’s nice ambient feeling. He hadn’t been here before, at least not that he remembered. Maybe he just barely glanced the small town when he traveled around, but it didn’t seem like something he’d been in before. Of course it did feel a lot like the Town of beginnings, but it’s not exactly the same, mostly because of the density of players. “Well … I don’t really know this place … care to show me around some key points?” he asked.

Edited by Macradon
  • 1 month later...

Shizua gave her shoulders a quick shrug as she looked towards the outdoors. "I supposed I could try, but to be honest, I haven't explored that deep into the place myself." Adjusting her glasses, the girl leans forward in her chair. "In terms of design, it seems similar to the Town of Beginnings, but with a more centralized feeling. There's a bit of a plaza, and the low amount of NPCs and actually buildings makes this a lot less dense in terms of how many people come here." She explains. "It's almost like a tourist attraction, in a way. There's a few nice spots, but they're mostly just stone plazas with a few benches. Though, it is quite pretty, in my opinion." After saying this, her eyes flick up to the much higher leveled player, waiting for a response.

Listening to the similarities and differences from this town and the large town of beginnings, Macradon nodded his head and would send his eyes down to Shizua. “Well if that’s the case, why don’t we just take a stroll? A short stroll perhaps, it is getting late” Macradon said. It was late, it was already dark, but the lights from the city illuminated the streets, keeping the streets and alleys lit up for the people to walk in. He would reach a hand towards the girl, giving her the opportunity to grab the hand so the two would be able to walk around a little. “Whaddya say? Wanna take a stroll?”. He smiled and would emit a happy aura of friendship towards this girl, she was a nice person, someone he maybe could trust on some day. Macradon wanted to explore the floor, know nearly all the nooks and crannies of every floor’s settlements.

(It's getting late, more like it's 2 years late amirite)

"Wow, you're right.." Shizua glanced towards the darkened sky outside, showing the game's equivalent to a starry night. Twisting her gaze back to the crimson-colored player, the much more plainly dressed girl gave a quick nod of her head, before reaching out to take hold of Macradon's hand. She would motion to the exit of the restaurant the two found themselves inside, taking a step forward and waiting for her current companion to follow. There were two paths before them; one to the left, and one to the right. The left led off into a smaller plaza, and the right led back into the large one they came from, which had lost some of it's player population since the two came from there to the building they were currently in.

Walking out of the place they had been conversing, Macradon would look around. “Well, I haven’t been this way, so let’s just go around here” he said and went to the left, away from where they had come from from the start. “Let’s go” he said and turned around to face Shizua as he began to walk the streets of the town backwards. He smiled just as his sentence was finished and would turn around again to walk forward. He would keep his pace slow so they would eventually match their speed and would be able to walk within proximity of each other, instead of one always being in front and the other always behind, it would feel wrong for that to happen. “So … should we just walk around aimlessly or is there anything big we have to see?” he asked, even though Shizua had already said that she didn’t know that much about this place. It did seem that she did know more than Macradon though.