[PP-F1] Time to forget

The city remained the same even now. NPCs roamed the main square, alleys, and market stalls, running through the same varied dialogues. Player's were also seen running about trying to accomplish their own goals in the hopes of leveling up, obtaining gear, and forming party's to clear dungeons. The city was alive. Not as it was in the beginning, a dark forbidding atmosphere hovering over it, as player's feared roaming out for the sake of leveling and facing the possibility of dying.

In the entrance of an alley was a boy. Tall and lean, wearing what appeared to be beginning clothing that all player's spawned in with. He leaned against the walls slowly opening and closing his hand as he tested the game's realistic features. He swiped his hand down, summoning the game menu, manipulated his inventory, and brought forth a one-handed long sword. He lifted and dropped the sword down as he tested it's weight and feel. Not too bulky and it doesn't feel too unnatural to me, he thought.

Kicking off from the wall he placed the sword in the scabbard the game had given him as his chose of cosmetic for holding his weapon. He slowly walked out onto the outskirts of the main square as he took in the feeling of this Virtual Reality. His deep, strawberry blonde hair flashed in the light as he left the darkness. The game had given him basic black pants and a blue sleeveless shirt for his starting avatar. He had already noticed that for some reason his avatar portrayed his own looks but he attributed that to the mastermind behind this game. He didn't care one way or the other. He only joined this death game to escape reality. He didn't care if he lived or died...he just needed to get away from the people who reminded him of her.

Edited by Vargas

As always, I was in the town of beginnings. Obviously that's an exaggeration, but that's what I think everytime I come back. The amount of time I spend here is ungodly. This particular time, I decided I'd figure out another stupid thing to do. After much searching, I was able to find something that resembled closely enough a skateboard. I ripped the handle off the cart and pushed off down the street. I wasn't the best skateboarder in the real world, but I was a natural in SAO. I had no troubled maneuvering through people as I zipped down the Main Street. It was when I came up on the main square that I ran into trouble. A player emerged from an alley way directly in front of me and didn't notice I was coming. From the looks of him he hadn't done anything in SAO yet so he was defenseless. "Oh man" I grunted to myself. I pushed of against the ground rapidly to increase my speed to as much as I could. When I got closer to the player I leaped with all my might. I did a flip through the air over his head as my board slid right between his legs. I landed perfectly on it on the other side and quickly turned into a stop. I kicked the board up into my hand and smiled. "Sorry about that, didn't see you."

From the fate of Starting City, Nobuyuki returned from his hunting expedition. The man has been seen around the City for quite some time, going in and out for the whole day wand would always returned to the town with his Healt Bar in yellow or red zone. He seemed like a very hard worker, but always seemed to go alone without an ally or teammate. In the death game, mistakes can sometimes turned into life and death matters. For him to go alone like that, it's very dangerous. At least that's what most people said.

While pondering around the town square, thinking of a way to fight solo without dying, Nobuyuki was a little careless. He caught one of his foot, and tripped, fell down onto his face. Most people around him were either laughing or letting out small giggles at Nobuyuki carelessness. "Ow... That hurts. At least I tripped here and not in a battle." He told himself, slowly getting up from the fal.

Whit began clapping rapidly and fast, he had already declared that humans were stupid, but he couldn't believe they were laughing at the person before him. "Congratulations numbnuts, your laughing at someone who judging by his sword could be one day be up on the frontlines, and you know what he's gonna say? 'Flup you guys, I quite like it here, we aren't leaving', and do you understand what that means, it means it would take longer for you 'wonderful people' to get out of here, so shut the fun up!" Whit  said all this with a smile, his grin causing the crowd to go silent, "Thank you, now iffa you don't mind, do something a little more productive in your life so you don't see me calling you out on your stupidity, K? BYE!

"Anyways, you okay, your feelings aren't hurt are they?" Whit turned to the boy who had already gotten up giving him a pat on the back. Of course, Whit's eyes were more attracted to somebody trying to imitate Marty Mcfly, they even jumped over somebody who had managed to wander in front of him, neat, I need to try that one day.

Edited by Whit

I walked through the city I rolled my eyes as I watched a crowd of people laugh at a poor man. As the crowd cleared some pouting others still bellowing with laughter I walked forward. "Do you two need any help?" I ask. I reach my hand down to help the man up. "its good to see someone actually cared enough to help" I say. I swipe down and open my menu and draw a bottle of water out.

Jericho began walking through The Town of Beginnings after being here only about a week maybe two when she saw a man jump over her and someone who had just come out of the alley catching her by surprise she fell on the ground knocking the hair band loose in her hair.

Her purple hair fell in front of her face making her go all red by falling down especially after she said she would beat this game and the first thing she does after leaving the tavern was get surprised by a man on a skateboard, she pushed herself up before she made herself even more of an embarrassment and grabbed the band that had fallen out of her hair and tying it into a ponytail.

Thinking she was the worst case here she saw a man trip over his own feet making her giggle a bit before she saw the people crowding around being the kind of person to ignore crowds she decided to head over the man with the skateboard as she did she said in quite a rude tone "Hey could you watch where you going you nearly hit me" she said before saying sorry to the man next to him "Sorry didn't mean to sound rude but some people need to see where they are going" she said before sorting out her hair after she saw what a mess it was in the window of a building.

Vargas looked out at the other player's surrounding the square. A guy had just jumped over him which had attracted his attention, but dismissed his apologies with a simple nod to confirm that it was fine. A guy had just tripped over himself and was being laughed at. Before he could walk over to help, another had taken his place and done so. Then there was the girl, with her purple hair, fussing about her hat in the mirror. He gave a slight smile, before dropping it in rememberance. Just like how she'd fuss about everything, he thought,

He shook his head, removing the thoughts. Then turning to the skateboarder with a look of complete neutrality, "it's not a problem. I should've looked where I was going."

Edited by Vargas

Everything fell apart before my eyes. As it turns out I hadn't jumped over just one player but two. Off to the side some guy had tripped from overexcitement and got the entire square laughing. Another guy quickly tried to cover for him while yet another gave him water of all things. I couldn't stay too focused on them because the girl that I vaulted over began yelling at me for not paying attention. My smile turned into a look of confusion as I tried to take in the absolute debacle that was unfolding. I turned to the girl and offered her a calm look. "I'm sorry I didn't even know you were there. I was too distracted when he walked out in front of me." I said pointing to the player that had become the epicenter of an epidemic. I gave a sour look when she turned to the guy and said again that I needed to look where I was going. "I was. If I wasn't we'd all be playing twister on the pavement." The male player looked to me and apologized, at least he wasn't freaking out. "Nah it's okay. You don't usually expect to be hit by lunatics on skateboards." I dropped the board on the ground and kicked it aside. The girl had started to fix her hair in a shop window and the other group of players were still trying to collect themselves. Why did I always find myself in such big messes?

"Not... Really. My dignity is still there, only my face was hurt. I guess I should have payed more attention while walking around and about. After all, hunting solo isn't an easy task, especially when you can aggro more than one monster of not careful." Nobuyuki explained, stood up from the ground, as the other people return to their usual business. "Thanks for helping me out back there, it wouldn't be very funny to be make into a joke in front of everyone like that." He gave his thanks to Whit whom helped him up. Once Rag approached and asked, Nobuyuki raised his hand, signaling he's ok. "All is good!" He said out loud. 

From afar, he can see a familiar figure. Taking a closer look, Nobuyuki remembered Koumori. "Oi! Koumori!" He shouted, waving for the one who helped him to learned how to use the sword art system. He approached Koumori, asked. "It's been a long time since I see you. How's everything going for you?" 

"Well fortunately we can't feel pain" Whit scanned the area, he noticed a female fall on their rear after the skateboarder jumped over her, somehow he failed to notice her, she must've been in stealth mode. Whit figured there was a one to seven female to male ratio in the game, funnily enough the females had a higher percentage of players who had something other than the starting gear. This one however did not have any new gear yet, didn't mean she hadn't gone out into the field though. What caught his attention was the purple hair, and the fact that she seemed to be obsessing over it in a window.

Females are weird.

I suppose that's why Elul's my only friend who's a girl, and my only friend. "Hey, you with the really distracting hair, why are you obsessing over your hair? It automatically goes back into its original position over time." Whit turned to the two males, his eyes on the makeshift skateboard in the brunettes hand. It was clear that a handle of some sorts had been ripped from the board, showing that not all normal objects were immortal. Whit's eyes traced the hand to the owner, the male had a feminine face but it was clear from the short hair that he was indeed a dude. Only girls have long hair, or anime characters who are really powerful, wait, no Raditz sucks. Then there was the red head, he looked like he wasn't... all there, as if he had something yet he had been robbed of it and he was cursed to only stare at it from a far. Now we can't be having none of that, not when I just insulted an entire crowd on potatoes with legs. "Salutations mate" Whit held his right hand out for one of the two to grab it, "I am Whit, champion of dolphins."

"Might I say that was a really cool flip back there."

I draw my hand back and look around. There seems to be a select group of people who seem to be doing anything intresting. One of them just did a flip with his skateboard type thing another is fussing with her hair another is saying hi to the one with the cool skateboard like thing another had this dally solemn look on his face and another is complaining about her hair even though it really doesn't matter. "See idiots and bozos" I mutter under my breath

Jericho went even more red than she did when she got embarrassed because she heard people saying what she was doing because she was fussing with her hair even though it didn't matter "It just reminds me of the real-world okay we've been trapped in here for god knows how long and I just want to get back so I acting the normal way I do" Jericho then stopped fussing with her hair due not wanting to catch anymore attention.

She then decided to move her hand down to access the menu making her jump even though this was the 100th time she probably did this and grabbed one piece of bread and some water and sat down to eat it.

Edited by JerichoYoshizawa

Vargas glanced down at the hand extended in his direction. He wasn't sure if it was ment for him or Koumori, as indicated by the guy whole fell down and was running at him. Vargas decided it would be best to accept the salutations and grasped the other guys hand. Looking him in the eyes he responded, "likewise, my name is Vargas." He'd only just entered the game and he was already being surrounded by people. At least there was not pity looks being sent his way or consultations.

• 3 weeks later...

(Sorry...)

The group that had gathered off to the side began making their way over to us. I didn't know why until I saw that the guy in the lead was someone I knew. Noboyuki came up to me with a smile and asked how I was doing. "Same as always. How about you? How have you been progressing?" Jut after him came a character with a vibe I couldn't help but feel was strange. First he told the girl off for checking out her hair before turning his attention to me and the other guy. The way he spoke only furthered my assumption. When he said his name a light bulb went off in my head. He was the guy that Elul told me about, her friend that we joked I should stay clear of. I could definitely see what she was talking about. This guy was certainly interesting. He extended his hand and complimented me on my flip. Before I could grab it the other guy took it so I just replied. "You're the Whit? I've heard a lot about you. Thanks for the compliment."

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh great... A crowded area." Nobuyuki sighed. He have had history with crowded space, and he didn't like it a lot. He would prefer to have some private space for his own. "I've got a few levels, taken down some field bosses with helps of some people." Nobuyuki replied to Koumori. Just as the other people came and gathered around, Nobuyuki quietly stepped aside. Standing under the shadows of the other guys talking, he silently waited, either until he was mention, or everyone have left.