(PP-F1) <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Ryuma, Ayumu) [Complete]

Ryuma had been exploring the first floor more, as he had wanted to get a good understanding of the land and the game itself. As he had been exploring, he had found himself in an area unlike any other that he has encompassed before. He had now found himself in a strange new village that was rather small and had about maybe nine or ten buildings. These buildings themselves had been rather large in both length and width, allowing the village to seem larger than it really was. He had been walking down the streets of Horunka Village as he had noticed something that was rather familiar to him. A bit of a ways off in the distance had been long flowing red hair that he had seen somewhere before. He had an idea of who the hair could belong to and wanted to know if it had really been this person. In order to find out, he had began to run after this person, hoping with all of his heart that it had been the girl from before. As he had finally arrived behind her and saw her cut a corner, a large smile comes across his face and he hugs her with all that he has. His hands had wrapped around her waist and he pulled her closer in to his hug. "I've missed you so much Ayumu.."

Edited by Ryuma_

Ayumu had been having a relaxing day so far. No training or grinding, just enjoying the area of floor one. She hadn't moved onto the second floor yet, as she still needed to increase her levels to handle some of the creatures up there. For now, she had stopped at a small and very peaceful village to rest before she continued her adventuring. With a content sigh, she leaned against a rather large tree, finishing up the last bites of her lunch as she looked out at the scenery. A gust of suddenly blew directly at her face, causing her to squint a little, the wind picking up the ends of her hair, causing it to gently flap in the breeze. She huffed, rather annoyed by this, and was grateful when the wind eventually died down. Finishing up the bread, she decided to start walking again, turning a corner. Then, out of the blue, someone rushed up to her, gathering her up in a hug. She froze, not sure what to do. Her face was beet red, and it took her a moment to gather her wits and lightly hug him back.

"O-Oh, h-hi..." she barely got out

Ryuma still had the smile on his face as he had embraced her into his arms. He was so happy to see her and began to even blush due to how close he had been to her. He wasn't thinking very clearly when he had seen her. All he had known was that he had been happy to see her. He had then decided to take a step back, moving his hands off of her hips and back to his sides. "H-how have you been Ayumu..? I haven't seen you for quite some time now." Oh come on Kaito, just tell her that you've missed her… He had then begun to push his thoughts out of his mind as he smiled at the girl and stared into her beautiful eyes with a slight blush still on his cheeks.

Wow, this sure is awkward. She winced, trying to clear the color from her face.  And he's blushing too...let's try to ignore that.

"I-I've been fine, actually," she said after clearing her throat, "you know, just coping the best I can. I haven't really been doing much combat or gaining levels since the last time we ran into some boars. I still don't think I'm ready to advance to the next floor, I want to get to a higher level first. So, how about you? How have you been doing?" Ayumu asked with a nervous laugh.

I wonder why he's here. Was he looking for me? Hopefully it was just chance, just running into each other. I wonder what he's up to. Hm, I might end up actually doing something today. This could be interesting.

Ryuma's blush had completely faded away by now, which was good because he didn't wish to embarrass her. "I've been doing pretty good actually. I've leveled up a bit since our last encounter, and I'm now level six. Im currently having a weapon made as well, and I'm hoping you'll like it!" He then let out a slight nervous laugh as he tried to calm himself down. "Anywho, I apologize for suddenly hugging you like that and all.. I just really enjoyed our time together before, and I've been thinking about you a bit.. I had heard that there had been some kind of quest in this area, and I figured I would try and take it on, but then I just happened to notice you and I couldn't help but come on over and say hi." 

"Its fine, no need to apologize," she waved his apology away, "and hey, level six - that's pretty good! Moving on up, eh? Before you know it, you'll be out with the front-liners." then, her mind going to the quest he mentioned, "A quest huh? Hm...I didn't know there was one around here," Ayumu mused for a bit, "is something that low level players could take on? Because if so, I could help you if you like. I mean, only if you want, I would understand if you want to go alone. If you need some company though, I'm available. I don't really have much going on. I've just been chillin', just exploring and learning the area. Its funny, for being stuck in a death game, life has been pretty slow. I guess it will pick up once I actually get to a useful level."

Ryuma had titled his head to the side as she had said that he could go alone if he had wanted. Maybe she really doesn't understand how much I enjoy spending time with her.. He had then let out a slight sigh as he straightened out his back. "You should come with me on this quest Ayumu. I really enjoy spending time with you, and I believe that having you along for this quest would make me extremely happy." He had then stuck his hand out so that he could place it on his shoulder. "So what do you say? Would you like to come on the quest with me? I'll even let you have the reward for the quest! I honestly just wish to spend some time with you." He then broke eye contact with her and looked towards the ground, hoping that she would agree to going on the quest with him. 

"Well, if you don't mind, then I don't see why not," she smiled a little bit, "sure, I'll come. Sounds fun, and that would be nice for a change. What is the objective of the quest? Do we have to find an item, or maybe do some combat? Where is it exactly around here?" she asked curiously, "I haven't ran into any quest prompts. Is it in the little town, or maybe in a more woodsy part?" then with an embarrassed chuckle, "sorry...I'm asking a lot of questions, aren't I? Its just this would be my first actual quest. I've started to work on the Earning a Living quest, but that's a little different than this," opening her menu, she scrolled through all the options, finding the party invitation, "should we form a party, or just start the quest?" Ayumu asked him before sending an invite

Ryuma laughed as he turned his attention completely back to Ayumu. "It's alright Ayumu. Its cute when you act this way." He then laughed a bit again and as he had began scratching his head, embarrassed for what he had just said. "Anywho, the quest is supposedly in this town and honestly I have no idea what it is for yet. All I know is that a little old woman gives you the quest in this town and that the reward is supposed to be pretty interesting." He then began looking around for the rumored building in which this old woman had been located within

She frowned a little bit. Cute? Since when was I "cute?" Then with an awkward cough,

"I suppose we should start looking for this person then," she quickly changed her expression, grinning a little, "come on, let's check the buildings." Ayumu said with resolve, and began walking again towards the center of the town. Looking around, she scratched her chin and thought aloud, "now...where to start? I wonder if she's just randomly in one of these buildings, or perhaps there's one that's slightly different than the others. Hmm..." she narrowed her eyes, thinking hard, "lets see how quickly we can find this old lady." and after scanning the town over once more, picked a building and started towards it. Opening the door, she carefully entered, looking around inside.

"This one seems rather empty," she knit her brows, "I guess I'll check another one then." Ayumu exited the building with a sigh.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had followed after Ayumu and hoped that he wasn't upsetting her. He had seen the frown on her face earlier and felt awkward from the fact that he was obviously the cause of it. He had been feeling a bit down from that as they had explored the area but tried to hide it from her. The two had gone to inspect a house and it appeared as though no one had been inside. As the two were turning away from the building though, he had heard a floor board squeak and had decided to stop. As he stopped, he had grabbed Ayumu by the hand and pulled her in close towards him so that there bodies were only about a few inches apart. "Listen.. Do you hear that?" If you listened quietly than you would be able to hear the slight sound of muffled cries coming from the building that they were about to leave. "Maybe something is going on in there.. We should go check."

Being rather startled by the odd noises in the seemingly empty building, she decided to ignore that they were awkwardly close.

"So...someone's inside then?" she gulped nervously, "w-well then, yeah...yeah, we should check." Ayumu pulled her hand out of his and cautiously went back inside. While looking around again, she heard the noise for a second time, accompanied by a rough cough. She could now distinctly tell that the noise was on her right. Turning to this direction, she faced a rather weary looking woman NPC. Ayumu sighed with relief,

"Its fine. I think we found the person to give us the quest prompt." she said to Ryuma before approaching the woman, activating the NPC's dialogue.

"Oh!" she said with surprise, "I wasn't expecting any travelers. Let me get you some water," the lady said politely, and went into the kitchen. She soon returned, handing the cup to Ayumu, "I'm sorry this is all I have. I would offer you something to eat, but I don't have any food." The woman apologized.

"That's fine. Thank you for your hospitality." Ayumu replied, accepting the cup of water she didn't really need. Peeking over the woman's shoulder and into the kitchen, she clearly saw a pot on the stove boiling something. Huh, that was odd. As she was about to say something else, the noise of someone coughing in another room interrupted her. From the pitch, it sounded like a child. The woman bit her lip, tears filling her eyes.

"Hey..." Ayumu said softly, "what's wrong with the kid? Do you need help?"

The woman nodded, and explaining all the quest details, a screen appeared, asking if they wanted to accept the quest or not.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma had reviewed the details of the quest and turned to Ayumu with sorrow in his eyes. "Can we please help her daughter …? If you don't wish to come with me then I completely understand, but I am taking on this quest." He had then turned back towards the menu and pressed the blue circle, signifying his acceptance of the quest. He then turned towards Ayumu and smiled slightly with the sorrow still in his eyes. He was waiting for an answer from her, and hoping that it was going to be a yes.

"Of course," she nodded, "I mean...the quest does reset, so I guess the NPC is always sick. Still, I don't have much to do today anyways. I might as well." she tapped the blue circle as well. "Okay, let's go!" she left the cup of water with the lady and left the little house. As they began walking out of the little town, Ayumu gave a small, tiny sigh. The NPCs in SAO seemed like real people...even for a virtual reality game. Did they suffer? Especially NPCs like the woman's daughter, who's line of code just kept resetting over and over again, as each player decided to accept the quest. Pushing these thoughts out of her mind, she pointed at something in the distance, "I guess that would be the forest," she was pointing towards the west, where a clump of an arboreal mass laid, "off to find these Nepent things. Are you ready?" she looked at him and grinned.

Ryuma had stood up and walked on over to the npc women. He places a hand on her shoulder and smiles reassuringly. "We will cure your daughter miss. I give you my word." He then turns around and begins walking towards the entrance to the building so that he may leave. As he is just about to make his way out of the door, he stops in his place and turns towards Ayumu. With passion in his eyes and seriousness in his voice, he pulls out his ivory dagger and says, "Let's do this."

Ayumu gave him a firm nod, and they both left the town to enter the forest. It was a gloomy, ominous, and drowsy sort of place.The forest was alive with little rustling sounds all around, probably from nepents running about. She winced, feeling a tad bit nervous. It shouldn't be too bad though...these creatures weren't daunting bosses or anything. With a sigh, she opened her menu, and selecting her sword, readied it at it materialized in her hand. As they continued, Ayumu saw something rather odd up ahead. Quickening her pace, she happened upon what it was - three nepents. Two were normal, while one had the flower they were looking for! With a smirk, she decided to take the first attack.

ID# 38207

BD: 9 (hooray! +1!)

Using a Slant Sword Art, she delivered a good, controlled swing at one of the weird nepent creatures. Releasing a weird cry, it angrily responded with an attack of its own:

MD: 8 (poo...)

Using one of it's arm like vines, it picked her up, and tossed her to the side. "Ugh," she groaned a little as she got back up on her feet, "lovely."

Nepent A: 3/5

Nepent B: 5/5

Flower Nepent: 5/5

Ayumu: HP: 9/12, EN: 2/3

Ryuma: HP: 24/24. EN: 6/6

Edited by Ayumu
forgot I was level 3 now. XD

Ryuma had watched as Ayumu had charged after one of the three nepents. She had managed to get in a good strike but the creature was still standing. Then he had noticed that the same nepent in which she had hit, had retaliated and stuck her back. Damn … I cant let anything happen to you! With this, he had charged towards the very same nepent, his blade ready to strike.

ID: 38359

BD: 5 (Original: 3, +2 Accuracy makes it 5)

MD: 7

As he had been closing in on the creature, the little nepent had turned. it moved faster than Ryuma had anticipated, which had honestly caught him off guard, causing him to get struck by one of the little nepents vines and sent back down to the ground. His body hit the ground with a loud thud, but this wouldn't be enough to stop him. He had pushed himself off of the ground with ease and prepared for his next attack.

Ayumu: HP: 9/12, EN: 2/3

Ryuma: HP: 21/24. EN: 5/6

Edited by Ryuma_

With small growl, Ayumu prepared her next attack at the little nepent. She charged at it, her sword glowing,

ID# 38373

BD: 4

It would seem that these creatures were very alert, since the nepent avoided her attack as well, jumping back a little as she attacked. As its weird, most likely poisonous slobber dripped and splattered around itself as it gurgled, it attempted to again attack back,

MD: 4

The nepent tried to raise one of it's vines again, but somehow it had gotten tangled in a nearby bush. With a cry of surprise and frustration, it tugged at it, trying it's best to free itself, but  to no avail. Ayumu sighed with relief, her shoulders slumping a little as she released the tension that had built up, as she was worried that she was going to take another hit.

This quest shouldn't be too bad. She mused. Since I have more energy now, I can try using a better Sword Art instead of the basic Slant or Vertical. I should've used that on my first attack...oh well. I've been spared from more damage this time, so maybe during my next turn I can finish off this nepent thing.

Ryuma: HP: 21/24. EN: 5/6

Ryuma had decided that if he was going to defeat these nepent's he was going to have to work fast. He didnt have time to be dilly dallying around. "No more games you Nepent's! We are going to collect the medicine for that little girl and do so by destroying you!" You could hear the passion in his voice and see it within his eyes. As he said this, his sword would begin to glow a rather bright pink color. As Ryuma had spun his dagger in a circular motion, the glowing became brighter and brighter. "Now your mine.." 

ID: 38454

BD: 8

As he began spinning his dagger around faster and faster, small tempests of air would begin to form around the dagger's circular motion and then project itself outwards towards the nearby nepent. It had completely annihilated the nepent and blew it into millions of little red shards. He smiled at this and then turned his attention towards the second nepent. "Your next."

Ryuma: HP: 21/24. EN: 1/6

Edited by Ryuma_

Ayumu watched him execute his attack, rather impressed by the amount of passion and vigor he put into it. This encouraged her as she began her next move. Since she had the energy, she wanted to try a different Sword Art this time. 

ID: #38484

BD: 10 (MMMM. SUPER CRIT +2)

She decided to use the Snake Bite Sword Art, despite the fact that it took a little more energy to do. Her sword glowing a bright red, Ayumu delivered quick, skilled slashes to the next nepent. Its health dropped very low, and Ayumu was rather surprised at herself. Now it was the creature's turn to fight back...

MD: 8 (of course... :P)

A vine tightly wrapped around her waist, almsot squeezing the life out of her, and pounded her against a tree. It released it's grip, letting her fall right on her butt. 

Well crap. Another hit and I'm left rather helpless. At least I still have that health potion...I should've stopped by a shop and picked up some supplies. I have enough Col for some stuff...stupid, stupid. What were you thinking Tiff? Look at the mess your dumbness has gotten yourself into!!!

Nepent B: 1/5

Ayumu: HP: 6/12, EN: 1/3

Ryuma: HP: 21/24. EN: 1/6

Edited by Ayumu