The Deciding Factor: Part 2 (Arena Duel) (Ssendom) (Completed)

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
Battle HP: 300 (Drop to 100 for loss/victory)
Energy: 48
DMG: 10
ACC: 3
EVA: 4
MIT: 43 (+3 from Sand Armor Potion)

Abilities:
Rank 1-4 Straight Sword Arts
Charge
Parry
Meditation
Howl
Disguise

With the conclusion of their first fight Calrex gave a small sigh as he readied himself, giving a friendly smile and nod over to his opponent, Ssendom, as the two prepared themselves for their next battle, "Alright, this time Rank 4 Sword Arts are allowed as well as consumables, right?"

Swiping on his menu he made sure all of his gear was equipped before producing one of his two Sand Armor potions, "It's not much of a booster, but every point in a battle counts."

Smashing it against his armor the Grand Dragoon's pauldrons and poleyns seemed to shimmer for a second, as if the dull deep-sea blue finish was replaced by a pearlized texture. As Calrex had suspected, the mitigation booster was dwarfed by the amount he already had, but it would hopefully prove useful in the coming battle.

Giving a nod to his opponent he started walking towards the arena's overhealth crystal once again, "Match two of three. I wonder what the outcome of this will turn out to be...oh geeze that rhymed..."

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

HP: 300 (100 or lower equals loss)

Energy: 32

DMG: 12

ACC: 3

EVA: 2

MIT: 24

Thorns: 6

Abilities:

1/5 damage dealt is life stealed

4% max ho recovered on a CD 10+

THSS Sword Arts Rank 1-4

Concentration +1 BD on a 5 turn cooldown

Battle Ready Items:

5 Perfect Health Crystal

2/3 charges Banner of Support

Amethyst Healing Flames

Ssendom cracked his neck as he stood up, he took another Bloodrage crystal and smashed it on his forehead, the red liquid inside drooled down his face until it evaporated being absorbed into his skin, "Indeed, consumeables and everything count. This time will be a bit quicker of a match." He reached into his inventory and obtained a Sand Armor Potion much like Calrex had brought, he smashed it on his armor. He had only defeated the Sand Shark once, but that's all that was necessary. Since a duel against Calrex meant that even the slightest of numbers makes a difference.

He pulled his Sword out of the ground and let it drop on his shoulders, "Again we'll let the System decide who will take the initiative. I will be a bit harder to take down this time, since that duel helped me fund into a new skill." He stated as he grinned having gained Battle Healing for this match, since the health portion of this would definitely be helpful against a good duelist who had the advantage in the energy department. He walked up and touched the Overhealth Crystal then Ssendom opened up another duel request.

ID: 38369
Loot Dice: 4 (*facepalm*)

Calrex gave a nod as he watched Ssendom prepare himself for the fight, "This is likely going to be a rough battle. With having both his phoenix familiar and his healing potions available that's likely going to undo many of my strikes. The question is what strategy I should implement for this duel..."

Activating the overhealth from the crystal Calrex accepted the brunette's duel request before taking his respective paces back to his starting position. Giving a calming breath the Ultramarine Knight lowered himself into his fighting stance, waiting for the timer to count down.

"I'm still a bit worn out from the last fight, so I'm not sure I'll be able to take the opening move this time. Better be prepared for a hard hit then. I think with each traded blow I'm starting to find out the answer to what it was I'm so confused about in myself..."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 38734
LD: 16

The Battle timer was slowly reaching down to the last numbers, he looked up at the monitor which stated this time that Dom had the first move. He knew he needed to take advantage of the first attack he would perform. He looked at Calrex as he lifted his Sword off his shoulder and held it horizontally in relation to his body. The weapon never wavered while being held in such position even though the weight distribution was heavily off balanced, this merely showed how skilled Ssendom had become with the Two-Handed Greatsword and how physically gifted he was in his upper body strength to hold a blade with one hand in such a way.

He squinted his eyes and readied himself to charge forward, just as he did last time he said a few words before the battle begun;

WFqa Vc0

"... Let's do this..."

"Yeah, it certainly seems like Dom is going to take the first move this time."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he readied himself for the strike. Since he didn't get the opening attack this time, he felt it was most likely that the Dreadnaught was going to use some kind of Stun technique to negate his evasive qualities for a powerful strike. The only question was how powerful a strike was he aiming for.

"No matter what comes out of this...that main goal is to test my abilities."

Feeling his fiercer side begin to take over Calrex's eyebrows furrowed, as if in response to the fearsome face his brown-haired opponent assumed. His eyes followed as Ssendom unshakingly held his two-handed sword in one hand, the blade not moving an inch as it seemed to levitate parallel to the ground, "You've certainly come a long way done. Now..."

Calrex_Fierce.png

"... Let's do this..."

Ssendom was still at a disadvantage and he knew it, the Barbarian didn't give two licks about evasion since he had full focused on his strength. The man was very agile and Dom's initial strike ended up missing the smaller man, he flicked his blade around and readied himself for a powerful strike from his adversary.

He needed to calm his mind and focus since he dropped his damage to keep the evasion bonus from the necklace but he needed to do something and fast to come out on the positive end of this since he knew the Ultramarine Knight would come in with a swift stun and follow it up with a powerful attack. With just a thought, the phoenix knew it should ready itself to heal it's master after the attack Calrex was about to perform. With this Ssendom kept his eyes keen on Calrex's movement, ready to anticipate the strike either by being fortuitous or elusive.

ID: 39184
BD: 3 + 3 - 4 = 2 (Miss)

Heavy Momentum: +1 Damage on next hit.

Battle HP:

Ssendom 300/300 (100 = Loss)
      E: 30/32 -2 Miss

Calrex 300/300
      E: 48/48

ID: 39185
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 10 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Horizontal Square>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 41 Remaining)

As Ssendom's opening attack flew clear of the mark Calrex gave a calming breath, his eyes partially dimmed as he focused on the man's oversized blade. The way he wielded it, even if it was a slower action, was certainly one to be careful of. Combined with the fact that his skill allowed him to manipulate the gigantic slab of a sword that the Dreadnaught used, the bluenette knew he had to be careful.

"The question is, now that I'm aware he had healing potions, how should I approach this. I can't hit him hard enough to take him down before he is able to heal, so I shouldn't waste energy in doing so. If I'm going to attempt any stunning maneuvers I'll need to conserve energy. All those are will be openings to attack. My best techniques will still be the ones I reached with Rank 4."

With the brunette's attack complete Calrex rushed in, his sword alight with a light blue glow as he executed his journeyman rank Sword Art, <<Horizontal Square>>. Stepping forward he was able to cut once across Ssendom's front middle section, tracing the movement as he circled around the man until returning back to his starting position. The four attacks traced a square in the air before completing the attack.

Seeing the Stun effect the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath as he tightened his grip on the Grand Blade, "Let's see if this strategy holds up against Dom's assault."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
276/300 (10+1+1 DMG * 4 Art - 24 MIT = 24 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
      Energy: 30/32

Calrex: 294/300 (6 Thorns DMG)
      Energy: 41/48 (-7)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom completely expected Calrex to come forth with a Stun maneuver, he was immediately bathed in the Phoenix's purple flame. His blade began to have a small streaks of red form around his blade, moving quickly around the length and width of the blade. His entire body began to glow green as his battle healing took over, the entirety of the lost health that Calrex had managed with his stun attack had been completely replenished between the two.

Ssendom grinned as he stared at Calrex even though he was stunned, he was beginning to let his inner beast take control. He looked wicked and his aura wreaked of someone who was practically pure evil. "The power that lies within a Berserker, is his ability to keep his health constantly going." He cackled, "Are you going to bring the heat? Or should I just sit here bored and cold!?" He shouted as he let his bloodrage slowly take over.

ID: 39186
CD: 10

Heavy Momentum: +1 Damage on the next hit.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300 (+12 Battle Health, +15 Amethyst's Healing Flame / Stun Ends)
      Energy: 31/32 (1 Energy Regenerated)

Calrex: 300/300
      Energy: 41/48

ID: 39187
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Parry)
<<Parry Activated>> (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered /

As Calrex watched the man in front of him glow with an almost evil aura he gave a smirk as he saw Ssendom's duel health regenerate back to full, "Heh, well I certainly wasn't expecting it to be like the last fight. Nonetheless, the last duel taught me the lesson I need to be careful with how I use my energy."

As if responding to the evil-like appearance his friend's skill was giving him, the bluenette's eyes seemed to dim to a close black shade. His mind focused as he felt the overwhelming calm take over. His breathing was long and deep, but contained an icy shallow chill. If the current state Ssendom was in was the embodiment of a single emotion, Calrex's own seemed to symbolize a complete absence of it. The sensation was strong enough that mentally he shrugged off the Thorns damage he had recently endured. "I guess in this case...the person I need to be takes priority..."

His energy flowed into his arms as his <<Parry>> skill began to charge, From what he saw, possibly out of caution, there was no opens he could exploit to get a clear strike on the man while his stun was still active. With Ssendom about to make his move, the best option the Ultramarine Knight could figure was to reduce the amount of damage the man could do to it's utter minimum.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300 (+12 Battle Health, +15 Amethyst's Healing Flame / Stun End)
      Energy: 30/32

Calrex: 294/300
      Energy: 40/48 (-2+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom attempted another attack but saw that his attack would miss, seeing as how Calrex wasn't going to dodge it and had his parry effect up meant Ssendom could force the system to connect the attack. He activated his Tempest sword art at the last second just as the attack connected with Calrex. With the power bonus of the Heavy Momentum the attack, but the damage was for not since the parry was used to negate half of it letting his mitigation do the rest of the work.

His body glowed a reddish green then a standard green as both the Berserker Skill and his Battle Healing took effect, but since he had his maximum Overhealth, there was no healing actually done. But with Calrex now having no parry and no evasion to dodge his next attack, Ssendom could unleash a powerful blow then begin the next phase of his strategy.

ID: 39189
BD: 6 + 3 - 4 + 1 Concentration = 6 (Hit)

Heavy Momentum: +0 Damage on next hit.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300 (Stun Immune 2/3)
      Energy: 24/32 -7 Tempest + 1 Regen

Calrex: 293/300 (((12 + 1 HM) *4) /2 - 43 = 1 Stunned.)
      Energy: 40/48

ID: 39191
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = (Disregaded Due to Stun)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 41 Remaining)

As Ssendom's attack came Calrex's <<Parry>> skill easily deflected most of the attack, but as the final strikes broke through and struck him he looked up to see that his health bar had the Stun effect next to it. His brown-haired opponent had returned the favor and paralyzed him right back as the Ultramarine Knight felt his body grow heavy from the effect, dropping to one knee. Since he couldn't move, his enhanced evasive ability would be down until the effect was over.

Calrex gave a smirk as he acknowledged the man's attack, ready for the incoming strike, "Most likely going to be a powerful attack to try and gain a health lead on me. Will need to go on full assault once I'm able to move again."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300
      Energy: 24/32

Calrex: 293/300
      Energy: 41/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom's blade engulfed in red energy, he lifted his blade up above Calrex's head and slammed it down upon the Ultramarine Knight's shoulder. The force brought down upon the man who rested on one knee caused the blade to sink into his body a fair length. He ripped his blade out of Calrex then stepped back two steps and prepared for the next attack he was going to bring. 'Alright, phase one done. Now time for phase two.' He thought to himself in his head.

He spun his blade a small amount so the broadside of the weapon was facing his opponent, he readied himself for Calrex expecting the man to try and gain some ground on the health department. With the item's that rested in his pouch gave him some solace as he knew he had a large advantage in this bout. He looked over at Amethyst who was recuperating from it's previous time healing Ssendom.

ID: 39556
BD: 8 + 3 = Hit (Concentration CD 1/5)

Heavy Momentum: +0 Damage on next hit.
Amethyst: 2/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300 (Stun Immune 1/3)
      Energy: 18/32 -7 Astral  Hell + 1 Regen

Calrex: 252/300 ((12 * 7 = 84 - 43 = 41) Stun Immune 3/3)

ID: 39560
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Parry / Riposte Fail)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Lost / 1 Recovered / 40 Remaining)

Calrex watched as the blood red blade crashed down on him, taking out nearly a quarter of the overhealth threshold that counted towards the duel, "So...that's the power behind Dom's attacks. Makes sense, a large blade would do more damage. Plus with him having those health potions at the ready this battle is going to be difficult."

As the brunette seemed to ready himself for a counterattack the blue-haired player gave a calming breath as he quickly leapt to his feet, but instead of attacking he immediately activated his <<Parry>> skill, "If I can't beat him at the health game, there is one that I can do which will help to give me an edge in this fight..."

His arms lit up with the faint light blue aura as he prepared for the Dreadnaught's attack. It was most likely he would be able to trigger the Riposte effect from his current positioning, but at the least he could minimize the incoming damage.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300
      Energy: 18/32

Calrex: 252/300  (Stun Immune 3/3)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom wasn't going to fall for Calrex's counter effort. Ssendom knew he had a very large advantage in the health department, for as long as he has known the Ultramarine Knight, he knew the man never invested into health regeneration. As long as he could keep up his energy and focus on utilizing his health regen with his thorns effect, Calrex was going to have a hard time coming up with a counter effort to hinder Dom. He squatted a little bit and kept up the numbers in his head, remembering every detail from the start of this match up until this point.

The Dreadnought took a deep breath and kept his ruby eyes glued to his enemy. Two strategists going head to head, it was a matter of who made the first mistake and who would keep the calmer head in the midst of this war of minds. He rotated his shoulders to pop them so he would feel a slight amount of relief in his body. He readied himself for when the man would finally go for his attack.

ID: 39567
CD: 2

Heavy Momentum: +0 Damage on the Next Hit.
Amethyst: 3/10 CD
Concentration: 2/5 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 300/300
      Energy: 19/32

Calrex: 252/300  (Stun Immune 2/3)

ID: 39568
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 9
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 33 Remaining)

Calrex gave a calming breath as he watched Ssendom actually neglect taking a strike. To some this would be a form of provocation, trying to get them to fling their attacks wildly to try and prove something. The bluenette did have something to prove, but it was to himself, not anyone else. "Most likely he's still playing to the health game, and planning to heal up once again after I strike. Looks like I'll need to play to the strengths that I have."

Taking his opportunity to attack the Grand Blade lit up with a fiery orange glow as he executed his master rank Sword Art <<Howling Octave>>. The sword appeared almost like it was on fire as the Ultramarine Knight flew forward, guided by the assisted system as he seemed to bypass the Dreadnaught's defenses, executing the blinding series of thrusts before he executed a down-up-down triple attack as his and Ssendom's health bars seemed to match. As his attack completed he peeked at his energy bar before returning back to watching the man.

"There's still some time before my stun immunity wears off. I'd best use that to my advantage while I still can."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
244/300 (10 DMG * 8 Art - 24 MIT = 56 DMG)
      Energy: 19/32

Calrex: 246/300  (Stun Immune 2/3) (6 Thorns DMG)
      Energy: 33/48 (-8+1)

Edited by Calrex

He didn't even bother to attack, he took a massive hit and stood there unmoved, as if he were unshakable. He had no fear of Calrex and let it be known through his action to take the attack outright. He crushed one of the Five Perfect Health Crystals that sat on his hip, the blade resting on his shoulder just staring Calrex in the eyes letting the natural intimidation set in. He knew that displaying his physical superiority by taking the hit straight while standing still would set the mood even more. Amethyst continued to circle the two in the air as it kept it's eyes on it's master.

ID: 39569
CD: 4

Amethyst: 4/10 CD
Concentration: 3/5 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300 (+25 Healing Crystal Used)
      Energy: 20/32 + 1

Calrex: 246/300  (Stun Immune 1/3)
      Energy: 33/48

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 40168
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 3 (Disregarded Due to Meditation)
Craft Dice: 11 (Meditation Success)
<<Meditation>> Activated (All Negative effects Removed / 5% (15) HP Recovered / 1 Energy Recovered / 34 Remaining))

As Calrex watched Ssendom endure his blow, shrugging it off as if it were nothing he gave a smirk before leaping back, giving a calming breath, "Dom's certainly got a strong plan with having those crystals. I don't know how many of those he's got, but I need to play this smart. I can't expect all of my attacks to hit, so making sure I only use my most powerful attacks when I've got a surefire opening is key. For now..."

This time, rather than activating Parry like he had done in the past, Calrex gave a calming breath as he focused his senses for a second. As he did a light blue outline surrounded his avatar before it quickly built up to a quick flash. With it a piece of his battle health bar had returned, the full effect of his <<Meditation>> skill.

"Now to see what he does next..."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300
      Energy: 20/32

Calrex: 261/300  (Stun Immune 1/3) (15 HP Recovered) 
      Energy: 34/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom saw the perfect opening and Calrex handed it to him on a silver platter practically, seeing Calrex successfully use meditation made him chuckle as he was precisely waiting for when Calrex didn't attack and wouldn't activate parry. He blitzed forward with a huge burst of speed, since he knew Calrex would need a second to recover from his meditation Dom brought his blade down upon Calrex's other shoulder than the previous he had struck with a powerful and stunning Sword Art Tempest. With an advantage over Calrex's evasion reduction he knew he had to take it, in his peripheral he could see his energy was low so he would need to hop back and utilize his Battle Healing and Crystals to let his energy regenerate enough to continue fighting.

ID: 41081
BD: 10 (12 + 2 DMG)
CD: 5

Amethyst: 5/10 CD
Concentration: 4/5 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300
      Energy: 11/32 (-10 + 1)

Calrex: 248/300 ((12 + 2) * 4 = 56 - 43 = 13 DMG. Stunned.)
      Energy: 34/48

ID: 41096
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Craft Dice: 8 (Meditation Minor Success)
<<Meditation>> Activated (Negative Status Removed >_> / 1 Energy Recovered / 35 Remaining)

At this point Calrex probably felt he should have expected Ssendom to attempt to strike right when he used a technique other than his <<Parry>> or Sword Arts. As he felt the Stun effect trigger he gritted his teeth before giving a calming breath, "Nothing I can do now but focus."

The light blue outline returned, although it only built up to a smaller light flash before it faded. Looking up he saw that the Stun effect had indeed left, but nonetheless the opportunity he could have used was long past.

However, he did take not that the brunette was low on energy, something that did not occur as blatantly in the past fight, "I don't need to be a tactician to know that Dom's likely going to go on the defensive, building up his health using those potions while his energy recovered. However, I also know that there isn't a skill in SAO that allows you to recover your energy faster. Right now if I'm calculating correctly, taking into account the possibility that he can use a crystal every single round I attack, I'll likely be able to knock him just shy of the hundred overhealth cutoff. If I take into account his familiar's healing ability that'll put it just a bit over."

With another calming breath he kept his focus on the Dreadnaught, preparing for the next attack the man likely had coming.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300
      Energy: 11/32

Calrex: 248/300 (Stun End)
      Energy: 34/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom saw Calrex activate his Meditation again, removing the stun that was applied. Ssendom grinned and stepped back bringing his blade back up to defend himself against Calrex's next attack. "Well, that is a nifty little Extra Skill he has there... I need to get my hands on that as soon as possible." He thought to himself. He needed to take into account Calrex's Damage output since he had a huge energy advantage at the moment, Ssendom kept his mind calm and his blade ready.

ID: 41171
CD: 7

Amethyst: 6/10 CD
Concentration: READY

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300
      Energy: 12/32 (+1)

Calrex: 248/300 (Stun Immune 3/3)
      Energy: 35/48