The Deciding Factor: Part 2 (Arena Duel) (Ssendom) (Completed)

ID: 41194
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 3 (Riposte Fail)
<<Parry Activated>> (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 34 Remaining)

As Calrex saw his opening present itself he gave a calming breath as he straightened his stance. Instead of activating one of his Sword Arts immediately, he wanted to be sure that the powerful fighter across from him was rendered incapable of combat, at least for a decent amount of time. The light blue glow surrounded his forearms as he instead activated <<Parry>>, readying himself for the attack.

"Need to play this right. Even if I get my barrage of attacks out, I need to be sure that I'm able to beat out Dom's healing and energy recovery."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300
      Energy: 12/32

Calrex: 248/300 (Stun Immune 3/3)
      Energy: 34/48 (-2+1)

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dom was quite impressed with Calrex, he expected the Ultramarine Knight to take the full offensive when he had the chance. But instead he saw the man post up his parry readying his chance to inflict a stun. Knowing full well the capabilities of parry, Dom decided to keep back and let his pet ready itself to utilize another heal. He had kept the timing down in his head, constantly counting the seconds till the bird can engulf Ssendom in it's healing flame. And with his Energy recovering rather quickly while keeping his blade down, he set up his next chess move against his far more formidable opponent.

ID: 41308
CD: 6

Heavy Momentum: +0 Damage on the Next Hit.
Amethyst: 7/10 CD
Concentration: READY

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 269/300
      Energy: 13/32 (+1)

Calrex: 248/300 (Stun Immune 2/3)
      Energy: 34/48

ID: 41312
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 7
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 26 Remaining)

"Alright, looks like an opportunity presented itself. Got to push the advantage while I still can. Dom can't use potions while he's incapable of moving, so the only thing I'd need to worry about is his phoenix's healing ability. The question is if I can outrun that and his potions after he gets back up."

Quickly rushing forward the original light blue aura surrounding his forearms was replaced by the light blue aura surrounding the Grand Blade as he activated <<Star Quint Prominence>>. Rushing forward the assisted system took control as the bluenette unleashed the rapid three strike barrage of his Sword Art, tracing the simplified star in the air as he completed his attack, taking a few steps back, immediately going into another preparatory position for yet another attack, "Strike while the iron is hot."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 233/300 (10 DMG * 6 Art - 24 MIT = 36 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
      Energy: 13/32

Calrex: 242/300 (6 Thorns DMG / Stun Immune 2/3)
      Energy: 26/48 (-9+1)

Edited by Calrex

Dom was awaiting the stun to come in, he didn't particularly care that Calrex used it. He knew it was a massive waste of energy for the Ultramarine Knight to use the stun, but he kept his mouth quiet, the damage was minimal so there was no cause for alarm to use a crystal. Not that he exactly could since his Phoenix was still cooldowned and couldn't break the crystal for him. But his body glowed a fluorescent green with his Battle Healing being triggered recovering some of the lost hp bringing it back to slightly higher than Calrex's. Dom continued to just stand there and gaze at Calrex through the skull of the Hydra.

ID: 41317
CD: 12

Amethyst: 8/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 245/300 (Stunned | +12 Battle Healing)
      Energy: 14/32 (+1)

Calrex: 242/300 (6 Thorns DMG / Stun Immune 2/3)
      Energy: 26/48 

ID: 41318
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 19 Remaining)

It wasn't long before Calrex's sword lit alight with the flaming orange glow of his <<Howling Octave>> Sword Art, the currently most powerful attack he had under the conditions of this duel, "That first attack was just to prevent him from healing up. I could have just hit as hard as I could, but if you're going by math equations that would mean Dom get's two chances at using his potions. This way he only gets one opening."

Flying forward first came the five fierce stabs before the three vertical slashes, down up down. With his attack complete he gave a calming breath, "If I know the Dom from the way he's fought so far, he's either going to try and attempt the same maneuver I just used, with a stun followed by a powerful attack, if his energy permits. However, if I understand his current levels it might be more likely he'll aim to heal first."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
189/300 (10 DMG * 8 Art - 24 MIT = 56 / Stun Immune 3/3)
      Energy: 14/32

Calrex: 236/300 (6 Thorns DMG / Stun Immune 1/3)
      Energy: 19/48 (-8+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom almost recovered the full brunt of the damage that Calrex had inflicted, thinking about the energy utilized to perform his attacks, it was safe to say that their energy levels were beginning to even out. Even though Calrex had a lot more energy than Dom despite the level difference between the two. It came down to one simple thing, who could outlast the other. And with his battle healing kicking in once again, he knew he had nothing to fret over. Amethyst was almost ready to heal again meaning the Berserker could soon go on the offensive once again.

ID: 41322
CD: 11

Amethyst: 9/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 226/300 (Stun Immune 3/3 | +12 Battle Healing +25 Healing Crystal)
      Energy: 15/32 (+1)

Calrex: 236/300 (Stun Immune 1/3)
      Energy: 19/48 

ID: 41329
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 12 Remaining)

"As I suspected...there!"

After seeing more than enough times of Ssendom going through the movements to retrieve his healing crystal, Calrex's eyes had determined a weak point that was exposed during the process. It was very brief, but one that if he was going to turn the tide of the battle, he would need to exploit it.

Right as the opening presented itself Calrex was already upon the brunette with his <<Howling Octave>> skill once again. As he unleashed the barrage of attacks he felt his attacks bite much deeper than they ever did previously in the currently battle. Seeing the red numbers fly by with each strike confirmed his suspicions: He had scored a critical hit with his attack.

His attack complete he saw that he had done enough damage to offset the damage that the Dreadnaught had healed up, as well as taking off another chunk. However, with the amount of energy that the two-handed wielder had recovered, the Ultramarine Knight suspected that it would be fairly soon that he was going to be attacked.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
154/300 (10+2 DMG * 8 Art - 24 MIT = 72 DMG / Stun Immune 2/3)
      Energy: 15/32

Calrex: 236/300 (Stun Immune 1/3)
      Energy: 12/48 (-8+1)

Edited by Calrex

With Amethyst ready, Ssendom broke another Healing Crystal leaving him with just 2 left while still withholding the information about that from Calrex. He let Amethyst engulf him in flames, while in the shroud of flames he crushed another crystal to enhance the heal even further showing minimal damage taken over the course so far. It was just a matter of patience as Calrex was close to an empty tank, then Ssendom could begin his advance to take the battle back into his favor.

ID: 41340
CD: 2

Amethyst: 0/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 194/300 (Stun Immune 2/3 | +15 Amethyst Heal +25 Healing Crystal)
      Energy: 16/32 (+1)

Calrex: 230/300
      Energy: 12/48 

ID: 41343
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 9 (Riposte Success)
<<Parry>> Activated (1 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 12 Remaining)

"Just as I had guessed."

Seeing Ssendom's familiar's ability combine with his healing crystal Calrex gave a nod, as if to affirm his suspicions. With the current situation on both sides, it was becoming easier and easier to predict what was going to happen. If he was no actively participating in the fight, he would have been able to see how he was going to act as well. Unfortunately, he wasn't a game master, but a fighter in this duel, meaning that he would need to continue with some strategy to push his victory.

His arms glowed with his <<Parry>> skill once again, however they glowed with a brighter light this time. Looking at his energy bar he saw that the full effect of his ability took effect, making it more energy efficient as his bar didn't budge a single inch.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 194/300 (Stun Immune 1/3)
      Energy: 16/32

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom stood unmoving continuing to let his energy Regenerate, there wasn't much point in striking Calrex while he had his parry up since he had the ability to decipher it's appearance when he has activated it so many times before. He knew his strategy was easily found out but it was still more effective than what Calrex could perform. And since Parry required energy, he knew that Calrex was slowing his energy regeneration and it was just a matter of time before he would need to give it up. But it was back to the mental game of chess between the two.

ID: 41346
CD: 5

Amethyst: 1/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 194/300
      Energy: 18/32

ID: 41348
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 5 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 13 Remaining)

"Heh...looks like we've come to about the standoff point of this duel. Dom's certainly a great opponent to test me mettle against. Against most monster all they can do is attack. Fighting against another player who is capable of changing their strategy really challenges the mind and refines your combat tactics."

As the glowing light of his skill faded Calrex gave a calming breath. It would be pointless for him to use <<Parry>> at the moment, because in the long run he would merely waste energy. At this point he would be better off spending his time either recovering energy or his health with <<Meditation>>. It seemed at this point it was more a battle of endurance than might, a waiting game to see who would hold out against the onslaught.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 194/300
      Energy: 18/32

Energy: 12/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

It was the perfect opportunity for Ssendom to press his advantage, Calrex had brought his guard down. But to keep things spicy and questionable, Ssendom didn't budge. He didn't move a single inch of his body, it was like he was a standing statue with his weapon perpetually in the guard position. He was testing Calrex's patience, and Ssendom knew that his patience could continue forever. It was a good reminder to know that he was always the underdog in this battle between him and Calrex, which kept Ssendom interested and kept his mind to constantly churn.

ID: 41349
CD: 8

Amethyst: 2/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 194/300
      Energy: 19/32

Energy: 13/48

ID: 41350
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 2 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 14 Remaining)

It was possible multiple opportunities had passed by for either side to take an action on their opponent, but as Ssendom persisted refraining from attacking, the same lack of movement was taken by Calrex as he gave another calming breath. His energy had climbed another segment as he felt the air of tension building between him and the brown-haired player titled as the Dreadnaught.

"This is certainly a waiting game now, however, simply waiting is not going to do me any good. While waiting for my energy to recover, I need to continue to think about what I'm going to do next, and when."

As more seconds flew by the bluenette began to strategize in his head, taking into account what options he had available, and what Ssendom was capable of in this fight. He still didn't know how many crystals the young man had up his sleeve, but he planned with the assumption that his opponent had more than enough to recover back to full if necessary.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 194/300
      Energy: 19/32

Energy: 14/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

It was becoming a question whether or not the system could consider the two of them out of combat or not since nothing had happened for awhile in this lack of movement. Ssendom was back to counting the time till the next time his Phoenix would be able to heal him again, and as long as the bird couldn't heal it couldn't utilize his healing crystals. He leisurely grabbed one of the last two he had been saving then crushed it in his hand. "One more left, I must make him think I have run out here to goad him into attack." He thought to himself, he then nervously brought his blade back up as he continued to count in his mind when Amethyst would be ready again.

ID: 41351
CD: 1

Amethyst: 3/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 219/300 (+25 Healing Crystal)
      Energy: 20/32

Energy: 14/48

ID: 41357
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 5 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 15 Remaining)

Just as he had suspected, Calrex watched as Ssendom consumed yet another Healing Crystal, bringing his health closer to the same amount that he himself had. However, the main problem should that occur would be the different in energy usage, at least to what the Ultramarine Knight could determine.

"I would go press the attack, but right now it still wouldn't be worth it to attack. That opening that is present when he uses a crystal is way too short for me to exploit again. I've got to bide my time further, and gain some more power back."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 219/300
      Energy: 20/32

Energy: 15/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom watched his opponent carefully, he was rather certain that Calrex would take the opening he was trying to show off with his faked nervous movement, but he was starting to suspect that Calrex was figuring out what Ssendom was trying to pull. It was just a matter of time before one of them made their attacking move, and neither of them were going to flock to a false opening. He was ready to pounce on a real opening and wasn't going to hesitate when it showed itself.

ID: 41405
CD: 1

Amethyst: 4/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 219/300
      Energy: 21/32

Energy: 15/48

ID: 41427
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -2) = 9 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 16 Remaining)

As he watched Ssendom ready himself Calrex continued to remain quiet as he focused on his breathing and recovering his energy. It seemed current he would be unable to activate his <<Meditation>> skill to the level he desired it to be, meaning that the only thing possibly standing between his attack and the Dreadnaught's advance was a single opening in either side's defenses. One moment when a weakpoint is exposed, and either side was likely to strike with maximum force.

"I still suspect Dom's got more healing crystals in supply. Add that to his familiar and Battle Healing abilities, and he'll likely outdo whatever amount of damage I can dish out over time. I need to make sure I hit as hard as I can as fast as I can, no other way around it."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 219/300
      Energy: 21/32

Energy: 16/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex
  • 3 weeks later...

Dom effectively got bored of sitting still, he decided it was time to act. He charged forward into Calrex who was showing the fact that he was relaxing. The Berserker took a good chunk of Calrex's health out and restored a slight portion of his lost health with the damage he inflicted. He smacked his forehead against the Ultramarine Knight and kept it against his head, "BRING IT!" He shouted ruthlessly before taking his head away and readied himself to get attack by Cal.

ID: 42963
BD: 7 - 4 + 3 = 6 HIT
CD: 3

Amethyst: 5/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 227/300 + 8 Berserker
      Energy: 15/32 -7 + 1

Calrex: 189/300 (12 * 7 - 43 = 41)
      Energy: 16/48

ID: 42973
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 6
Craft Dice: 12 (Meditation Success / Negative Status Effects Removed + 5% HP Recovered)
<<Meditation>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 17 Remaining)

"Heh, I guess he got tired of standing still..."

As the attack came Calrex prepared himself for the strike, but was surprised for a second by the fact that Ssendom had headbutted him, trying to goad him into attacking. As the Dreadnaught broke the connection the bluenette shook his head for a second to right his senses, giving a calming breath.

"I would attack, but now is still not the right time. Keep waiting, the right moment will present itself soon enough. I just need to last long enough to take advantage of it."

Steadying his breathing one again the Ultramarine Knight's outline built up to a flash once again, his <<Meditation>> skill taking effect as another small chunk of his health recovered. Looking over at his opponent Calrex gave a friendly, yet competitive smirk, "Don't worry, I'll be bringing it soon enough."

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 227/300
      Energy: 15/32

Calrex: 204/300 (+15 Meditation)
      Energy: 17/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Calrex was still standing back keeping his position held, for a moment it seemed like the man had lost focus but he reobtained it and focused on his meditation which recovered some of the damage that Dom had inflicted. The Dreadnought dropped his massive greatsword upon his shoulder as he was weary of this battle lasting so long. Nonetheless he knew he needed to keep his energy up, no sense in wasting it with useless attacks that would miss regardless. He needed to be sure when he attacked, that he would connect his attacks. So he stood and watched the Ultramarine Knight once again.

ID: 42977
CD: 8

Amethyst: 6/10 CD

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 227/300
      Energy: 16/32 +1

Calrex: 204/300 (+15 Meditation)
      Energy: 17/48