The Deciding Factor: Part 2 (Arena Duel) (Ssendom) (Completed)

ID: 42979
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 8
Craft Dice: 11 (Meditation Activated / Negative Effects Removed and 5% HP Recovered)

Calrex watched as Ssendom relaxed his stance for a second once again, resting his gigantic greatsword at his side, "Most likely this long pause in the battle is becoming tiresome on him. Well, I guess one element of a war is still the attrition. If you're mental control starts to fade it can lead to your end. Dom's a great tactician for planning ahead with his potions, and is skilled at the waiting game. If I'm going to have any chance of pulling through this, I'll need to outlast him and time my strikes accordingly."

With another flash of light his <<Meditation>> skill activated once again, filling up more of his battle health bar. At the same time the Ultramarine Knight kept track of his energy levels, seeing it had climbed once again. Soon it would be his time to go on the attack.

Battle HP
Ssendom:
 227/300
      Energy: 16/32

Calrex: 219/300 (+15 Meditation)
      Energy: 18/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex was focusing on his meditation a lot and it was beginning to bring his health levels on par with Dom's. The fight that was already taking a long period of time to come to a conclusion was becoming even more lengthier, and there wasn't much he could do about it. He had to let Calrex recover his health since the meditation was finishing quickly allowing the Ultramarine Knight to ready himself for battle once again. "Tsk" An audible click could be heard from his sheer annoyance. Dom's battle healing wasn't activating nor was his pet ready to heal him, and with only one healing crystal he had left. It was back to a battle of energy recovery.

ID: 42981
CD: 3

Heavy Momentum: +0 Damage on the Next Hit.
Amethyst: 7/10 CD
Concentration: READY

Battle HP

Ssendom: 227/300
      Energy: 17/32

Calrex: 219/300
      Energy: 18/48

ID: 42983
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 10 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 11 Remaining)

"...and now!"

Right as Ssendom's face flashed annoyance an opening presented itself. Calrex rushed forward with explosive force, the Grand Blade blazing alight with the flaming orange glow of his <<Howling Octave>> skill. Unleashing the attack the barrage of stabs bombarded the Dreadnaught's defenses before the Ultramarine Knight performed the trio of vertical cuts.

As he saw the damage numbers fly by the bluenette made note that they were the bright red color of a critical hit, giving a small sigh of relief as he leapt back, "Like I said, an opportunity would present itself soon enough."

Battle HP

Ssendom: 163/300 (10+1 DMG * 8 Art - 24 DMG = 64 DMG)
      Energy: 17/32

Calrex: 213/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
      Energy: 11/48 (-8+1)

Edited by Calrex

It seemed as though the system was slowly starting to work against Dom, he noticed Calrex dash at him with an attack. There was a massive opportunity, but when he attempted to move his muscles his body became locked and allowed the attack to completely decimate into his armor. As he staggered backwards a little bit he grabbed his last health crystal and crushed it completely. His anger seemed to be flaring as nothing was beginning to work for him. His battle healing still refused to trigger and now his body was begiinning to prevent him from doing anything else.

CD: 2

Amethyst: 8/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 188/300 +25
      Energy: 18/32 +1

Calrex: 213/300
      Energy: 11/48

ID: 42991
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 5 Remaining)

Calrex gritted his teeth as he saw Ssendom use yet another one of his healing crystals, "Tch, like I'm gonna let this opportunity end like that!"

As his <<Howling Octave>> Sword Art came to an end he immediately dropped into the stance for <<Deadly Sins>> as the Grand Blade lit up with a dark purple aura. Rushing forward once again he pressed his advance, rapidly stabbing seven times in the shape of the Big Dipper. With the last strike he quickly thrust forward with all of his strength, seeing that another critical hit had occurred as he extracted his sword, spinning behind the brunette.

Battle HP
Ssendom: 128/300 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
      Energy: 18/32

Calrex: 207/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
      Energy: 5/48 (-7+1)

Edited by Calrex

The system still wouldn't let go, as he tried to force his body forward it kept holding him back for another incredibly powerful strike to be inflicted upon Dom by Calrex. The Dreadnought was unable to even lift his arm to even block the attack or even try to block. Now that his health was nearly evaporated from the twin devastating strikes, all Dom could do was stand there and watch as the Ultramarine Knight get ready for the last and final strike to come. His bird wasn't ready to heal him nor was the system allowing him to truly fight, he didn't know if there was something he did that was causing this, all he knew was he was rendered useless completely.

CD: 5

Amethyst: 9/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 128/300
      Energy: 19/32 +1

Calrex: 207/300
      Energy: 5/48

ID: 42994
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Meditation)
CD: 12 (Meditation Success / Negative Status Effects Removed and 5% HP Recovery)
<<Meditation>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 6 Remaining)

Calrex gave a quick exhale as he had prepared for the final strike. The <<Vorpal Strike>> aura surrounding the Grand Blade vanished as he stopped himself from advancing. Even though Ssendom had prepared to accept defeat, the Ultramarine Knight knew the limits of his current strength. With no clear opening for a critical strike, he couldn't finish this battle in one hit.

With a calming breath he instead focused, letting his <<Meditation>> skill activate as he recovered another chunk of his health.

"I need to guarantee this fight's end with a single strike. If I don't I'll be out of energy with Dom having all the time in the world to finish me off."

Battle HP

Ssendom: 128/300
      Energy: 19/32

Calrex: 222/300 (+15 HP)
      Energy: 6/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom finally gained control of his body again, he had no idea what was preventing him from being able to perform actions. Though it came just in time as his pet Amethyst finally had recovered from it's lengthy cooldown. The bird swooped down and engulfed Ssendom in a blaze of glorious purple flames which restored a portion of the health he had lost before, though it seems as if there wasn't much of a chance to recover the fight as he was completely spent on healing crystals and the system was fighting against him completely.

CD: 9

Amethyst: 0/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 143/300 +15
      Energy: 20/32 +1

Calrex: 222/300
      Energy: 6/48

ID: 42998
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 7 Remaining)

"Tch...still no opening."

Calrex wasn't sure this time what was holding him back, but from what he could tell Ssendom's acceptance of his defeat made the Ultramarine Knight hesitant to attack. There wasn't a malicious aura that was causing him to rethink his moves, but rather some strange force seemed to want him to hold back.

"Darn it, I can't waste this opportunity. But I have a feeling if I attack now most likely my attack will fail. I've got to make a move when I have a decisive opening..."

Giving a calming breath he lowered his stance into a crouching position, poising himself for that opportunity to come.

Battle HP

Ssendom: 143/300
      Energy: 20/32

Energy: 7/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Finally he felt his entire body glow a dull green as his battle healing skill finally triggered, though he was still unable to move forward and it was really beginning to urk him. "Why can I not move!? WHAT IS PREVENTING ME FROM MOVING!" He shouted violently in his head while keeping a calm demeanor on his face, he was annoyed beyond belief and it wasn't even who he was facing that he was pissed off at. Something was preventing him from fighting as if he were meant to lose this fight.

ID: 43003
CD: 11

Amethyst: 1/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 157/300 +12
      Energy: 21/32 +1

Energy: 6/48

ID: 43004
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 10 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 7 Remaining)

"Still not the right time..."

Calrex gritted his teeth as he refrained from exploiting the opening that Ssendom presented from the man's hesitation, a calming breath escaping his lips. He probably could have attacked, but when he saw the brunette's <<Battle Healing>> trigger, returning him back up another chunk of health, "Darn...I've got to make sure I make my attack count. If he recovers any further he's likely going to be out of my one-shot range for this battle. Plus he's got more than enough energy to go on the attack again..."

Tightening his grip on the Grand Blade he waited once again.

Battle HP
Ssendom: 157/300
      Energy: 21/32

Energy: 7/48 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

Whatever was holding Ssendom back finally let go, and to which he bolted forward in a powerful charge and slammed his sword in the unsuspecting Calrex, "ABOUT DAMN TIME!" He shouted in a blood curdling angry yell, "NOTHING CAN HOLD ME BACK!" He shouted again as he placed his foot on Calrex and ripped his blade out while pushing him with his foot. He flipped his blade back onto his shoulder and readied himself to fight some more, "Lets do this." He said while huffing and puffing, seething with hate and anger.

ID: 43003
BD: 7 + 3 - 4 = 6

Amethyst: 2/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 165/300 +8
      Energy: 15/32 -7 + 1

Calrex: 181/300 -41
      Energy: 7/48

ID: 43007
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 8
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 1 Recovered /

"Gh!"

"Well...it was only a matter of time..."

As Ssendom's massive sword slammed into his shoulder Calrex braced for the hit, feeling the Dreadnaught's foot knock him to the ground. Giving a quick exhale he rushed forward, "No choice now..."

The Grand Blade lit up with the flaming orange glow as he unleashed <<Howling Octave>> once again, rapidly stabbing Ssendom before the trio of strikes came out once again. Finishing his attack the Ultramarine Knight leapt back, seeing that his energy reserves were at empty, "Tch...couldn't do it in one shot...now it'll really come down to how quickly either I recover and attack again, or Dom recovering and attacking."

Battle HP
Ssendom: 109/300 (10 DMG * 8 Art - 24 MIT = 56 DMG)
      Energy: 15/32

Calrex: 175/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
      Energy: 0/48 (-8+1)

Edited by Calrex

Calrex gave a massive opening to take the shot to attack, unfortunately it wasn't enough to finish Ssendom off and end the fight. Dom stood with just a smidge of allowed hp to return another powerful and devastating attack to put Cal back on the ground. The Dreadnought stood over the Ultramarine Knight, with the sun at his making him look like a pure menacing man shrouded by complete darkness due to the light. "You didn't finish me off, and you'll regret it." He said with a cold voice.

ID: 43012
BD: 10 CRIT BABY

Amethyst: 3/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 120/300 +11
      Energy: 9/32 -7 + 1

Calrex: 120/300 -55
      Energy: 0/48

ID: 43015
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +2) = 3 (Disregarded Due to Meditation)
Craft Dice: 11 (Meditation Success / Negative Status Effects Removed and 5% HP Recovered)
<<Meditation>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 1 Remaining)

As he felt the powerful strike knock him back down again Calrex cursed under his breath. He was fairly sure that he might have jumped the gun on his last attack. With the powerful string he had unleashed previously, it seemed the tables had taken yet another turn, with him once again being on the ropes, "Tch, guess I've still got a way to go."

Looking up at the supposedly menacing appearance of Ssendom he gave a smirk. This particular type of view was common for many video games he had played in the past, supposedly in an attempt to strike some form of fear into the viewer, but to him it was just simply a change in lighting.

"Heh, I regret it already. But that doesn't mean I'm throwing in the towel."

Focusing once again the light blue aura formed an outline around his avatar before building up to a flash once again, his <<Meditation>> skill recovering more of his battle health.

Battle HP
Ssendom: 120/300
      Energy: 9/32

Calrex: 135/300 (+15)
      Energy: 1/48 +1)

Edited by Calrex

Calrex focused his mind and triggered his Meditation skill, but it was too little too late Dom had his eyes locked on the Ultramarine Knight's weak spot. With Calrex giving a giant opening to him he couldn't pass it up, He used his Astral Hell Sword art one last time chunking away the last of the health allotted in the duel. The victory sign flared in the air designating Dom as the victor of the battle, "Alright Calrex, good duel." His entire demeanor changed as he offered his friend a hand up, "Thanks for that."

ID: 43012
BD: 9 CRIT BABY
CD: 1

Amethyst: 4/10 CD

Battle HP

Ssendom: 129/300 +9
      Energy: 3/32 -7 + 1

Calrex: 87/300 -48
      Energy: 1/48

As he saw the finishing blow come in and strike Calrex looked and saw his battle health drop below the safety line, the victory being declared in Ssendoms favor. Giving a small sigh he looked up, a friendly smile on his face as he accepted the man's extended hand, "Definitely a good duel Dom. Thank you for the challenge. We should definitely do this more often, heh."

As he got to his feet he quickly checked the time, his eyes widening, "Geezes, has it already been that long? It's almost time for the next raid. In any case we'd best get a move on."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1)
  • 2 Pages Completed (800 col / 400 per player)