(Fisherman - Currently Undiclosed) Amethyst Ocean's Harvest - Currently CLOSED

Amethyst Ocean's Harvest

6859514-beach-background.jpg

As you wander along the beach the warmth of the sun gently beats down on the expanse of light tan. The waves seem to be a constant part of the scenery as the ocean waters ebb and flow. Gazing further down the shoreline a single small setup comes into view. Currently, there is only a single fishing pole that is stuck into the sand, the fishing line itself extended out into the endless ocean. The only hint of where the line was currently located was the thin, nearly invisible wire that connected the pole to the lure. Next to the fishing setup was a small cooler to keep whatever harvest the owner pulled from the sea.

A young man with blue hair walks down from the opposite end, giving a friendly wave as he sees you come into view. His clothing would vary with each visit, sometimes being a complete outfit of upper and lower body clothing, while on other times, especially particularly hot days, he could be seen wearing a simple pair of swim trunks. As you get closer he gives a friendly smile as he sits down next to the pole, "Hey there, in need of something?"

Seen hovering overhead of sitting on top of the cooler was a blue peregrine falcon that casually scanned across the area with his fierce eyes, glancing over at you to make sure that nothing was going to be stolen.

However, there was a strange impermanence to the scene, as sometimes this particular beach would be on one particular floor, and then the next day suddenly the small quaint setup was gone. This was because Calrex barely had time to fish, only finding time here and then to sit down and actually cast a line.

Pricing: Currently Closed. Pricing will be posted once stock has been built up

Spoiler

Placeholder for Pricing

Rank 1: Young Fisher (39 EXP / 2 Casts Per Day)

Spoiler

Items in Use:
Bag O' Fish (+1 EXP Per Craft)
Golden Fish (+1 to CD)

The LD Result Chart

[1] = Catch a soggy boot that disappears instantly
[2-10] = Catch a soggy boot
[11-14] = Catch a dead, rotting fish
[15-16] = Catch a small fish
[17-18] = Catch a medium fish

[19] = Catch a large fish

[20] = Catch a monster fish

The CD Result Chart (only applicable if LD is above a 14)

[1] = Bad quality, falling apart (lose fish)
[2-4] = Bad quality

[5-7] = Good quality

[8-9] = Uncommon quality (1 enhancement)

[10-11] = Rare quality (2 enhancements)

[12] = Perfect quality (3 enhancements)

The MobD Result Chart (only applicable if LD fish result is higher than current rank)

[1-5] = Fish is caught without an issue
[6-8] = Fish gets away, lose bait

[9] = Fish gets away, line breaks (you must buy a new fishing rod)

[10] = Fish gets away, line breaks, and your rod smacks in the face and does dmg (Level x 2)

In Stock Items:

Uncommon:

Spoiler

Item: Silver Eyed Bluefin Eye
Item Type: Monster Fish
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 DMG / -1 EVA
Description: The eye of a monstrous fish. While the eye is rubbery, yet pliable, the strangest thing is its scent. It's difficult to choke down, but the ordeal seems to have messed with your own natural smell, making it easier for monsters to determine your position. However, at the same time you feel the nutrients strengthen your muscles, allowing you to swing harder than before.

Item: Golden Trout
Item Type: Medium Fish
Quality: Rare
Enhancement: +2 Prosperity
Description: A 
golden-scaled fish that seems to remind one of the appearance of golden coins. Its flesh is tender and sweet, like a high quality slice of sashimi from the real world. Consuming it increases your chances of gaining riches from your kills.

Rare:

Spoiler

Placeholder for Items

Perfect:

Spoiler

Placeholder for Items

Edited by Calrex

Setting his cooler down Calrex gave a small sigh as he swiped on his menu, swapping out his normal outfit for his swim trunks as he stepped out onto the beach, seeing the large body of deep blue stretch seemingly endlessly. He gave a small sigh as before putting on a smile, "Alright, guess I've got some time now. Better see what I can catch this time around."

Roc, his peregrine falcon familiar, slowly descended on top of the cooler before rubbing his beak underneath his wing. The blue-haired player pushed his fishing rod into the sand, making sure it was secure before retrieving one of the pieces of material he had obtained from his quest. Taking a chunk of the octomen remains he had Calrex placed it onto the hook before picking up the pole, giving a calming exhale, "Alright, here we go..."

Spoiler

ID: 39373
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2) = 9 (Soggy Boot Hooked)

A few minutes went by before Calrex felt the line begin to tug, "Alright, did I get something?"

Picking up the fishing rod he began to reel in the line. Unfortunately, the fishing attempt was a failure as he saw the strings of a soggy boot come into view, "Another one of these things? I wonder how many boots are actually in the ocean. I swear I should keep track of how many I find, heh."

Taking his catch off the line he tossed the boot aside before stringing up another piece of bait. Picking up the fishing pole once again he gave it a few circular swings before sending the fishing line back out into the sea, planting it into the sand once again as he sat down behind it, "Let's see if I'll have better luck with this one."

Spoiler

ID: 39374
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2) = 3 (Soggy Boot Hooked)

"...aaand it looks like I've hooked...a matching set..."

As Calrex felt another tug on the line he grabbed the fishing pole and pulled in the line once again, giving a small sigh of disappointment when he saw yet another boot emerge from the dark blue water, "Well that makes two so far. Guess luck just isn't on my side today."

Swiping on his menu he stored all of his equipment before re-equipping his clothing and armor, "Guess that's all of the time I've got for today. Better get back to keeping an eye on Teayre."

With that he gave a nod to Roc before the two went back into the trees.

Day 1 Results:
2 Crafts: 2 Soggy Boots Caught - 2 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 2/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Emerging out of the trees lining the beachside once again Calrex gave a small sigh as he produced his fishing pole and cooler, preparing his setup as he stretched his arms, "Well, guess I've got some more time again. Let's see if I've got any better luck this time around."

As Roc flew down and assumed his guard duty over the cooler the bluenette planted the rod into the sand before sticking another piece of bait onto the line. Spinning the hook around using the pole he flung it forward, extending the line as it dropped into the water with a plunk sound. After that he promptly buried a quarter of the pole into the sand before sitting down to wait.

Spoiler

ID: 39476
Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2) = 8 (Caught Soggy Boot)

Unfortunately it seemed once again Calrex had hooked yet another soggy boot as he pulled the line out from the ocean with a sigh. Promptly removing the used footwear and tossing it behind him the blue-haired fisherman added yet another piece of bait before casting out the line.

Spoiler

ID: 39477
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2) = 9 (Caught Soggy Boot)

Reeling in the line once again yet another brown boot came into sight as the laces appeared first before the mouth of the footwear came into view. Giving yet another sigh Calrex stood up and put away his cooler and fishing pole as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "Guess I might need to change my casting location. This spot seems to be only yielding me used boots. I swear, is this the way NPCs get rid of their old footwear or something?"

Giving a nod to his blue peregrine falcon familiar the two departed from the beach.

Day 2 Results:
2 Crafts: 2 Soggy Boots Caught - 2 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 4/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Arriving back at beachside Calrex gave a calming breath as he looked out across the expanse of dark blue waters with a smirk on his face, "I think I've got a pretty good feeling about this time. I'm going to catch something better than a bunch of soggy boots."

Setting up his fishing area the blue-haired player switched to his swimming trunks before producing his fishing pole. Placing a piece of bait on the line he quickly tossed it out into the waves, setting his pole down before burying part of it into the sand for stability.

Spoiler

ID: 39652
Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2) = 22 (Catch a monster fish)
Craft Dice: 6 (Good Quality)
Mob Dice: (Caught!)

As Calrex felt like he was starting to doze off suddenly he woke up when he hear Roc screeching in alert. Looking forward he saw that his fishing pole had caught something...big, gigantic actually. Quickly rushing forward he picked up the pole before it was pulled out of the sand, gripping it tight as he looked outwards at the sea, "This one's live! No way it's getting away!"

Reeling in his catch it took five strong tugs to get the enormous fish to emerge from the water and become beached on the sands, "Sweet geezes something good did happen."

Retrieving his fishing line he placed yet another piece of bait on the line before casting it back out into the water.

3 Good Quality Fish

Spoiler

ID: 39563
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2) = 21 (Catch a monster fish)
Craft Dice: 4 (Bad Quality)
Mob Dice: 10 (Fish breaks line and causes 2 Damage)

Feeling yet another strong tug on his line Calrex felt a smirk come across his face as he felt the strong pull on the line once again, "Alright, let's go fo..."

Before he could complete his sentence suddenly he saw his line snap, the almost 90 degree bent fishing pole snap back, flying straight at his head before slamming right inbetween his eyes, "Gah!"

Dropping the pole he rubbed the middle of his face, a temporary red line there as he looked in annoyance at the shadow in the waves that swam away. Looking down at his fishing pole he gave a small sigh, seeing that it was no longer useable as it burst into crystals, "Great...now I need to find another fishing rod. Oh well, at least I got something."

Packing up his gear he placed the three pieces of the monster fish he had caught, placing them into the cooler before heading back towards the nearest settlement.

Day 3 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Monster Fish (Good) Caught - 2 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used / Fishing Rod Broken

New EXP Total: 6/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Emerging back onto the beach Calrex gave a sigh before putting on his game face, a smirk coming to his lips, "Alright, if yesterday is any indicator, I'm on the right track. Let's see what we can catch this time."

Setting up his fishing site the bluenette put a piece of bait onto his line before casting it out.

Spoiler

ID: 39696
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2) = 5 (Caught a Soggy Boot)

It seemed the first cast was no luck, as it wasn't long before Calrex saw the familiar appearance of a soggy boot emerge from the ocean's depths. With a small sigh he picked it up and tossed it behind him before placing yet another bit on the line.

Giving a couple of swings he tossed the line as far out as he could, the hook plunging into the water.

Spoiler

ID: 39697
Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2) = 22 (Caught a Monster Fish)
Craft Dice: 9 (Uncommon Quality)
Mob Dice: 5 (Caught without issue)

This time a strong pull came to the fishing line only moments after the blue-haired fisherman cast his bait outwards. Quickly grabbing the pole tight he began to reel, going so far as to grip the line itself as he held on as best he could. A looming shadow underneath the waves drew closer and closer before the monstrous fish emerged onto the shore, splitting into three good fish items. Wiping some sweat from his brow Calrex gave a smile, "Finally some items that can be put to use."

Placing his new catch into his cooler he gave a calming breath, "Alright, that's all I can do today. At least I caught some useful fish this time."

Turning back around he headed back to the market to get his catch evaluated.

3 Uncommon Quality Fish

Item: Silver Eyed Bluefin Loin
Item Type: Monster Fish
Enhancement: 2 Energy Regeneration
Description: A piece of the loin from a
monstrous fish. The meat is tender and not chewy, dissolving in your mouth almost like butter. The pleasant experience seems to give some relief, as well as filling you with renewed vigor to fight.

Item: Silver Eyed Bluefin Eye
Item Type: Monster Fish
Enhancement: +1 DMG / -1 EVA
Description: The eye of a monstrous fish. While the eye is rubbery, yet pliable, the strangest thing is its scent. It's difficult to choke down, but the ordeal seems to have messed with your own natural smell, making it easier for monsters to determine your position. However, at the same time you feel the nutrients strengthen your muscles, allowing you to swing harder than before.

Item: Silver Eyed Bluefin Head
Item Type: Monster Fish
Enhancement: +1 LD
Description: The head of a monstrous fish. Eating this is difficult, since you need to navigate the skeleton. However, after consumption
you feel your eyes sharpen, allowing you to more easily discern valuable items in the environment

Day 4 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Soggy Boot, 1 Monster Fish (Uncommon) Caught - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 10/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Emerging back onto the beach Calrex gave a smile as he looked outwards at the open expanse, equipping his fishing rod, "Let's see what happens today."

Setting up his fishing spot he planted the rod into the ground before playing a piece of bait on the line, casting it outwards before sitting down, awaiting the first bite.

Spoiler

ID: 39820
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2) = 20 (Caught a Monster Fish)
Craft Dice: 3 Bad Quality
Mob Dice: 9 (Line Breaks / No More Casts today)

Seeing yet another gigantic shadow [censored] onto his line Calrex looked up and snatched the fishing rod, but right as he did the line grew as taut at possible before it snapped. At the same time he had begun pulling back, so as it snapped he fall backwards. Getting to his feet he gave a small sigh, looking at the broken line as he gave a sigh, "Well, I guess I'm calling it early today."

Packing up his belongings he headed back towards the settlements.

Day 5 Results:
1 Crafts: Broken Fishing Rod (No more casts for day)

1 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 11/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Emerging back onto the beach Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked out at the ocean, lifting a hand to shield his eyes from the sun, "I wonder what's hiding in the ocean today.

Looking out at the blue expanse he swore he saw some large creature out in the distance moving around, "That can't be a good sign. I hope the fish are alright."

Spoiler

ID: 40094
Loot Dice: 13 (Catch a dead, rotting fish)

Tossing his line out into the water Calrex sat down as he gave a calming breath, waiting silently. As it began to lightly tug at the pole the Ultramarine knight picked up the line and reeled it in, seeing a partially eaten fish appear out of the ocean's depths, "Shoot, just as I figured. That large creature must be targeting the fish in this area."

Spoiler

ID: 40095
Loot Dice: 19 (Catch a large fish)
Craft Dice: Bad Quality
Mob Dice: 2 (Caught without issue)

Tossing his line out once again Calrex didn't wait long before something big pulled on the line. Quickly grasping it and reeling his line in Calrex gave a quick tug as a large fish broke the water's surface. With a smirk he pulled the rest of the line in before grasping it. However, he immediately paused as suddenly a overly horrible smell emanated from his catch, enough that even at his cooler Roc nearly fell over from the stench.

"Geezes, that's way to pungent to keep. Sorry, I'll need to let you go."

Tossing the fish back into the ocean he gave a sigh as he returned to his fishing spot, storing everything back into his inventory before leaving the beach.

Day 6 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Dead Rotting Fish, 1 Bad Quality Large Fish - 2 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 13/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Parting some leaves before emerging back on the beach Calrex gave a small sigh as he sat himself down before putting together his fishing location. As the pole appeared in his hand he looked out at the open expanse of blue as he placed a piece of bait on the line, "Hopefully whatever was killing the fish yesterday isn't doing the same today."

Spoiler

ID: 40244
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2) = 12 (Catch a dead fish)

Even though he didn't see the large shadow that was chasing after fish like the day before, whatever damage it had caused to the aquatic environment persisted, as he pulled in a dead fish. With a sigh he tossed it back into the ocean before restringing another bait and casting it back out into the sea.

Spoiler

ID: 40245
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2) = 16 (Catch a small fish)
Craft Dice: 3 (Bad Quality)

This time he had better luck, hooking a live fish. But, much like yesterday, he was unable to use it as the smell was too strong for anyone to want it. With another sigh he tossed it back as well before packing up his gear and left the beach.

Day 7 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Dead Rotting Fish, 1 Bad Quality Small Fish - 2 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 15/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Stepping out onto the beach Calrex gave a small sigh as he rubbed his eyes, trying to keep himself awake, "Aw man...I really shouldn't be fishing in this state, but maybe I'll have some more luck on this one..."

Swiping on his menu he pulled out the items he had seem Teayre place into their shared inventory, a blush and small smile coming to his face as he produced the Bag O' Fish and Golden Fish.

Spoiler

ID: 40364
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2) = 3 (Catch a soggy boot)

After setting up his fishing arrangement he tossed the first line out into the water, planting the fishing rod into the ground. Sitting down behind it it wasn't long before he felt his exhaustion take over as he passed out for a bit. Quickly waking up he went and grabbed the line, only to see a soggy boot come into view. With a sigh he reeled it in, tossing the bot behind him before restringing another piece of bait and tossing it back out into the ocean.

Spoiler

ID: 40365
Loot Dice: 12 (Search and Detect +2) = 14 (Catch a dead rotting fish)

Making sure he stayed awake this time it was a short period of time before the bluenette saw a tugging on the line. Reeling his catch in he saw a fish, but it wasn't kicking, with pieces falling off as he realized it was dead for a long time, "Great...just my luck, as I figured

Day 8 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Soggy Boot, 1 Rotting Fish - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 19/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

It had been a few days since he last had time to make it out to the beach, but Calrex knew he needed to keep at his fishing profession going, or else he would lose interest. Quickly setting up he cast out his line.

Spoiler

ID: 40894
Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2) = 8 (Catch a soggy boot)

It seemed like today was going to start out as a repeat of his last trip as he reeled in yet another soggy boot. Picking it off the line Calrex tossed it behind him before stringing up another piece of bait, basting it out into the ocean once again.

Spoiler

ID: 40895
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2) = 13 (Catch a dead rotting fish)

It wasn't long before he pulled in a dead rotting fish. With a small sigh he tossed it back into the ocean, placing all of his gear back into his inventory, "Maybe I need to look for another spot further down again."

Day 9 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Soggy Boot, 1 Rotting Fish - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 23/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Emerging out from the forest and out onto the beach he gave a calming breath as he looked around, "Well, let's see if the environment's recovered enough from that giant fish's rampage a few days ago."

Spoiler

ID: 40993
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2) = 11 (Catch a dead rotting fish)

Placing a piece of bait on the line he tossed his line out, looking around. However, it wasn't long before he managed to pull in his line, seeing a dead fish on it. With a small sigh he tossed the fish corpse back into the water, placing another worm on the line before casting it back out again.

Spoiler

ID: 40995
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2) = 12 (Catch a dead rotting fish)

As time passed it seemed like a fish might bite on the line, but then once again as the bluenette reeled in the line another dead fish emerged from the waves as he shook his head. "Guess I'm really going to need to look into finding another fishing spot."

Day 10 Results:
2 Crafts: 2 Rotting Fish - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 27/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Returning back to the beach Calrex wasted no time as he rolled up his sleeves before changing into his beach clothing. Setting up his array of fishing equipment he placed a piece of bait on the line.

Spoiler

ID: 41121
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2) = 20 (Catch a monster fish)
Craft DIce: 2 (+1 Item) = 3 (Bad Quality)
Mob Dice: 4 (Caught without issue)

Casting his line out it wasn't long before Calrex saw that a large shadow had approached his line. Feeling the strong tug on the fishing rod his eyes widened before he got a better grip, quickly pulling with all of his might, going so far as to turn around and use his weight to add more force. Roc turned and kept watch at the act before the monstrous fish emerged from the water. However, as the two inspected it they saw that it was not suitable for anything, being of unsuitable quality for sale. With a sigh the bluenette gave the creature a swift kick, knocking it up into the air as it split into three bad materials. He gave a sigh before restringing his line and casting it out once again.

Spoiler

ID: 41123
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2) = 12 (Catch a dead, rotting fish)

With another three minutes gone by the Ultramarine Knight saw a small ripple near where his line entered the ocean. Pulling it in another dead fish became visible attached to the line. Shaking his head he tossed it back into the ocean before packing up his equipment, "Still no luck so far. Hopefully that'll change soon."

Day 11 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Bad Quality monster fish, 1 Rotting Fish - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 31/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Editing

Spoiler

ID: 41196
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2) = 20 (Caught a monster fish)
Craft Dice: 3 (Item +1) = 4 (Bad Quality)
Mob Dice: 5 (Caught without issue)

Spoiler

ID: 41197
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2) = 15 (Catch a small fish)
Craft Dice: 2 (Item +1) = 3 (Bad Quality)

Day 12 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Bad Quality monster fish, 1 Bad Quality small fish - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 35/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Editing

Spoiler

ID: 41225
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2) = 6 (Catch a soggy boot)

Spoiler

ID: 41226
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10 (Catch a soggy boot)

Day 13 Results:
2 Crafts: 2 Soggy Boots - 4 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 39/40 to Rank 2

Edited by Calrex

Editing

Spoiler

ID: 41359
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2) = 17 (Catch a medium fish)
Craft Dice: 10 (Rare Quality)
Mob Dice: 4 (Caught without issue)

Item: Golden Trout
Item Type: Medium Fish
Quality: Rare
Enhancement: +2 Prosperity
Description: A
golden-scaled fish that seems to remind one of the appearance of golden coins. Its flesh is tender and sweet, like a high quality slice of sashimi from the real world. Consuming it increases your chances of gaining riches from your kills.

Spoiler

ID: 41360
Loot Dice: 2 (Catch a soggy boot)

Day 14 Results:
2 Crafts: 1 Rare medium fish, 1 Soggy Boot - 8 EXP Earned

2 Materials Used

New EXP Total: 47/160 to Rank 3

Edited by Calrex