PP - F1 Assisting a New Player (Vax)

A flash of light could be seen on the first floor as Calrex materialized at the teleportation circle in the Starting City. He gave a calming breath as he felt movement return to his avatar, the sequence complete as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "So...I'm back here on this floor again. Well, let's see what's going on with this person."

"Kind of odd that a new player would send out a request to me just out of the blue, but if he needs a hand getting a hang of the game and such, I can definitely help him out."

Swiping on his menu he pulled up the message, making note of the person's username, Vax. "Huh, haven't seen many people with names that start with a V. In any case, I'd better meet him at the plaza just inside the gate."

Sending a message out indicating the meeting place, the bluenette made his way over. Just inside the gates leading out into the field zones was the plaza he had mentioned, with a simple fountain at the center. Sitting down on the circular bench rimming the basin he looked around, awaiting the arrival of the player.

I got a message to meet this guy at the plaza just inside the gate. I figured since he's been on here a while he could help me get rolling. I know its kinda strange to just ask randomly but I need the help. I spot him waiting and run up to him. "Hey. I'm Vax. I really appreciate the help I need it badly." I looked at him. Just looking at him you can tell he's pretty strong. "I know you have to be strong to make it through this game right? Well I'm not yet. That's why I've asked you. You've been here a while and you're a pretty high level guy." Maybe he can help me level up. 

Calrex turned his head as he saw the player arrive, giving a nod. Since he had worked his way up from where Vax was at, he had found it easy to discern a low-level player from those closer to his level merely by their equipment. It seemed in SAO the stronger equipment you have, generally the more complex it seemed to appear. When he was first starting out his color scheme seemed fairly flat, and his weapons were simple in structure. Now they were more detailed and have textures and patterns that seemed to come forth in the light when it shone against the deep-sea blue of his armor.

"Vax? Good to meet you. I'm Calrex. Not a problem at all, I'm happy to lend a hand."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he quickly checked Vax's actual level, seeing that the young man was still at Level 1, "Hm...I think first things first let's get you a bit more acquainted with the various mechanics in SAO. Have you been in any form of combat outside the safe zones so far?"

"No I haven't." I said. Calrex seemed like a nice guy. "But I want to try." If he can teach me the basics maybe I can level up and get stronger in a swifter manner than if I was left to my own devices. I noticed the complexity of his equipment and the power behind his eyes. I wondered how long it would be until I was at his level. "Aren't there boars around here to fight? They would be weak enough for me to practice right?" I want to get stronger and when I do I'll pay this guy back for the help. I don't quite know how but I will.

"Yeah, we can go ahead and do that first. Right this way."

Calrex gave a nod as he motioned for Vax to follow him out into the field zones. "I would still be careful. Until you reach about level 3 or 4 I would recommend you fight these things without an ally. Boars are fairly weak, but from what I know they've killed more overzealous players more times than any floor boss has."

Looking over he spied a single boar nearby. Drawing the Grand Blade he gave a nod, "Let me know when you're ready and I'll draw it in. Focus on your attacks for now, I'll keep its attention."