[Event] Holiday Clash

It twas the night before the Eve of Christmas. Aincrad was in general at peace. It must have just struck midnight, but this night was different. The air filled with a feeling of euphoria and NPCs all over were feeling more joyful than any other night. In the center of the town of Beginnings a mysterious character appeared. Dressed in green and red cloth attire he was shorter than the average human, but more like an... ELF!

"Hello to all players of Aincrad and the joyful monsters within this world! My name is Jingle and I am here to bring to you an exciting event! Within one week's time I, Jingle, will be running a Holiday Clash. What's this you might ask? Well let me tell you this. The Holiday Clash is an event that encourages teamwork and to enjoy your time! There will be two teams "The Naughty List" and then "The Nice List". The objective is that EVERY monster that is killed during a thread by a member will drop a «Snowflake».

Teams will attempt to gather as many snowflakes as possible, however the snowflake is only dropped to the player that actually kills the mob! So try to take that last hit for the item if you're willing to support your team! The team that collects the most at the end of the event will be given a reward greater than the team that doesn't win. Fear not however, as EVERYONE will be given something at the end, so don't you worry about not being strong enough for this."

Objective:  Collect snowflakes for your team. As a team, collect more snowflakes than the other team.

Players will be assigned to teams randomly by December 24, 2015 11:59PM EST

Rules

1.  Snowflakes are items that will only drop to the player that KILLS the monster.
  2. A player may NOT trade, sell, or give away snowflakes to someone else.
  3. Player duels between each other MAY wager their snowflakes that they have earned against the OPPOSITE team only.
  4. Snowflakes can NOT be found in dungeons, this is a global drop from any monster.
  5. Monsters must still meet looting qualifications per player in order to drop snowflakes.
  6. Once you have completed a thread, post your link to it here for verification. Once certified, they will be officially awarded their snowflakes.
  7. Snowflakes may only be dropped in threads created AFTER this thread.

The event will end January 25th, 2016 11:59 PM EST

Spoiler

Naughty List

Snowflakes Collected: 90

Roster

Coddexx (Collected: 12)

Ssendom (Collected: 0)

Daeron (Collected: 0)

Kiru (Collected: 0)

Brax (Collected: 78)

Rebekah (Collected: 0)

Draven (Collected: 0)

Spoiler

Nice List

Snowflakes Collected: 89

Roster

Zelrius (Collected: 0)

Macradon (Collected: 64)

Ace9: (Collected: 0)

Hirru (Collected: 14)

Seul (Collected: 0)

Lessa (Collected: 0)

Zandra Zvift (Collected: 11)

Macradon was in the town of beginnings. He had closed his shop not too long ago and something weird just happened. A green and white clad person entered the area. "The grinch!" Macradon thought, only to hear the announcement of a new event. "Oh yeah, another event this Christmas!" he thought and listened to the announcement. It was quite an event. The event was all about collecting Snowflake items from mobs, Macradon was all ready to fight those kinds of enemies it was quite an event. Team would be divided randomly, so Macradon would wait and see which team he would be set into. 

The jade hunter was annoyed by the appearance of something foreign to the first floor, a strange little humanoid creature that seemed to be very jolly.  It annoyed him because it was something that he didn't know would happen, and from the look of it, he had been enveloped into it by just being there.  That being said, he didn't mind a change of pace.  The hunt has become long and arduous.  This event would probably give him a fresh new meaning to it all, as doing it for more than just the cause of materials would be... fun?  He didn't know, but it made him feel a little better inside.

"I'm in.."

He would say as he signed his name on the dotted line.

Edited by Hirru

Ssendom entered a room where a huge event was taking place apparently, there were more players here than he had ever seen congregated into a single location since the time everyone was warped to learn about this being a death game. He finally found himself at the front of an egregiously long line to sign up for a special christmas event, he read through the parameters of the event requirements which caused him to laugh. "I will be the greatest snowflake farmer in all of existence!" He exclaimed as he laughed out loud knowing there weren't many players that could compete with his mob slaying speed.

Drawn to the commotion I left my shop and found myself outside seeing a small little creature. I was so happy to see an elf! I ran up and listened to what he had to say.  I was excited. I knew that I may not be as strong as other players but I definatly could work hard to gather snowflakes.  "Sounds like a lot of grinding." I walked up to the front and signed up. I always like seasonal events.  "I'm in sign me up!" I said writing my name on the list of applicants. 

Looking around, he noticed players teleporting from other floors. Curious, Daeron did the same, teleporting from the ninth to the first. As he stepped out of the portal, he saw tons of players and the town NPCs having their shops decorated. However, the main thing was the center of the Town of Beginnings. An elf stood there, explaining an event. "I'm not great at damage, but I don't mind being a tank to rely on for my team." He said as he applied his cursive signature to the already packed list.

Red read the description(Red read???? Lol) of the event. It seemed very interesting, even though Red would not be of any use, as he was not good at anything at the moment. he wasn't doing any good at tanking yet, he still hadn't invested enough SP. But if Red joined, even if he/his team lost, he would get a reward, and red doubted that the reward would be sucky. So Red decided to sign up. Then he saw Macrodon their as well. Then he saw Codexx. they were the only two he knew at the moment. "Alright! I am so in this! Bring it on, elf!"

Something was off this evening. Until now it had completely slipped his mind about the season and possibility of there being any sort of events open to the public. After being in Aincrad for so long it wasn't exactly strange to see inhuman creatures wandering around, but an in the middle of town was a first for him. Listening to the thing's spiel, Seul figured he might as well sign up. If he interpreted the information right, everyone would only stand to gain from participating. "Might as well." There were already a few who had signed up ahead of him, but he only briefly scanned over the names before scribbling down his own on the applicant sheet.

It was only several hours already and time had already proven to show people giving attention to the event. Every hour or so, Jingles would repeat his introductory speech to give a chance to those that haven't seen him yet to hear him out. It was only a mere three hours left approximately. Suddenly, Jingles had something different to say. "This Col of yours could mean much to you correct? So if you get more people to sign their name persay, maybe just maybe I'll give more away!"

(Tell everyone you know to join as this is a community based event, the bigger the teams The better. It literally doesn't matter of the level.)

Having finished up a round of training on the 2nd floor, Brax thought it a good idea to restock on essentials.  The largest marketplace was on floor one, so he was perusing the wares when Jingle appeared.  Never one for frivolity, Brax initially scoffed at the idea.  However, he could not deny that this could be a necessary thing.  There was no true downside to participating, and it would afford him some further interaction with members of the community, potential party members and all that.  Though mostly immune to the holiday spirit, Brax still had the social necessity for human interaction, and thusly decided to join in.  Making his way to the check-in area, he printed his name cleanly, and waited for the selection process to begin.

Rumor had been going around that an event would be held this year for the holidays in SAO. I had only heard of the past ones from the older players but I was pretty interested to see what the prizes were. I wasn't going to lie, I was in it for the col, the gear, and the special gifts at the end. Another reason was I hadn't taken a quest in literally months, let alone slayed a monster. The last boss battle was a complete flop for me, seeing as though an update made everything foreign to me. And being me, I was pretty dense when it came to this kind of stuff. I knew that to join this event I at least needed a weapon, the rest I could figure out later as I went along. I teleported from the 13th Floor, to the First from the guild hall. Another thing I hadn't done in months was teleport to the First Floor. Even though I neglected this floor I still could navigate through it with my eyes closed, after all, I knew the layout by heart. I leisurely walked through the alley ways and climbed over crates and along buildings to avoid crowded areas until I appeared in the middle of the town, near the fountain. I ignored the elf and signed but name under the last person's. I checked the list and recognized Daeron's and Ssendom's. I smirked and hoped to be on a team with one of them.

As the clock began ticking, players were ready to see what list they were placed on to see their team. The moment the clock struck a minute before midnight, Jingle pinned the two lists up on the event board. "Twas a fine night for you all, I look forward to seeing the new players tomorrow. Happy gathering and Happy Holidays!" It didn't take long before Jingle suddenly disappeared, but before he left he shook a snow globe and released a cyan powder into the sky from it.

Draven was so low leveled compared to everyone whom was signing up. Regardless, the arrogant man walked over to the sign up sheet for the second listing, this is the perfect chance for him to start growing as a character and to try to win gear or something along those lines possibly to be a threat to be reckoned with.

Zandra jad herd about some kind of snowflake event. Thou you have to beat monsters that meets loot requirments and as a support that was pretty though for her so she had just ignored it. But now she was pretty bored so why not give it a try. She headed out to the sign up and signed her name. Then she looked at the lists and wondered if she would be naugthy or nice.

Snowflakes gathered: 29

Threads:

Monsters:

Spoiler

Ice elemental: 17
Arctic wolf: 5
Arctic monkey: 2
Huge beetle: 2
Snake: 1
Boar: 1
Scarred silverback: 1

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Macradon arrived at the elf. "I have been collecting some snow flakes. Let the nice kids be the victorious!" Macradon said and would deposit the 9 snow flakes he had gotten from his hunt on the 7th floor. "I'll be back with more!" Macradon said and would go back to hunting. He would look around for some good hunting spots where he would cash in all those snow flakes and some materials as well, probably the 7th floor as well as higher level floors. He would check though his inventory making sure he ad deposited all of his snowflakes into the event.

[-9 Snowflakes]

Thread

Edited by Macradon

The snowflake event had been the talk of the town. For a while, Lessa had ignored the discussions, writing them off as a childish game which she had no interest in. Yet as she overheard more details, and learned of the monster grinding element, she found herself growing more intrigued. She had been looking for an exciting way to reenergize her training, and perhaps this was exactly what she needed. Even more important, if the event encouraged other players to go out and practice as well, it would improve the overall skills of the memberbase. That, Lessa believed, was vital to their success. It was a win-win, she supposed. And besides, other than the team aspect, she was not really required to work with anyone else. Another perk.

So the woman approached the signup sheet, and right at the bottom, scribbled her name.