[Shop-F1]The blazing Typhoon [Rank 10 Grand Master Blacksmith]

Macradon would whistle as he came back from a break at his house, he hadn’t really heard anything from the doorbell, so maybe he was just distracted by cleaning up after his break, but as he came back, someone was in his shop, in a chair … sleeping? “How fun could I do this …” Macradon pondered and found a stool and sat it a bit away from the customer who had ordered the armor earlier. He would have his Cerberus stand guard beside him, all three heads looking towards the customer. With a loud “Ahem.” Macradon cleared his throat, hoping that it would wake up the customer. Looking at the glass panes in his shop, he would keep an eye out to see if the customer woke up from the noise. If the customer were to wake up, Macradon would slowly turn around and have his head rest on top of his Cerberus’s head, patting it gently as he would say “Ahhh, Mr. Oscar, I have been expecting you!” with a rather villainous but joking tone. If the man did not wake up from it, Macradon would give it a few more seconds before making Belphegor snarl and roar to wake him up, then following on with his practical joke, there had been too much setup for this joke to go wasted.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oscar awoke with a start as the man cleared his throat. He watched as Macradon did his best impression of a Bond villain, even roping his poor familiar into the joke. Nevertheless, Oscar busted out with laughter. Humor was like a drug to him. There was so little of it in Aincrad that he was withdrawing from it. Gob-Gob pattered across the floor and put his hands on his hips in a power pose as he stared daggers at the Cerberus. Truly this would be a clash for the ages. The Terry Crews Goblin versus a fearsome beast. Oscar laughed even harder when he saw what Gob-Gob was doing. After a moment, he regained his composure and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Macradon. Buddy. That was too great. I feel like I should pay you more after that little comedy act."

Macradon would chuckle, quickly breaking the character as it wasn’t really for him to be a villain, even though he has tried to actually be the villain a few times, it was just too exhausting, took too much work for him. “No need, you even paid me too much for the commission, here you go.” Macradon said and handed over the armor as well as the spare change for the work “The Blazing Typhoon has a discount for players below a certain threshold, when I became part of my guild, I wanted to help those that couldn’t fully help themselves yet, this is one of my ways of doing so. I’d rather kickstart someone’s journey than to get rich of people’s needs.” he said.

-2 T1 Materials sent to Oscar

Oscar could appreciate the man's philosophy. It was very much in line with his own, after all. He'd been shown so much generosity by so many players that it was unreal. First Bahr and now Macradon. It warmed his heart to see such charity being given freely in this dark times. Oscar took his armor and accepted the materials back. Macradon would probably be insulted if he didn't and he very much didn't want to upset the only Grandmaster Blacksmith around. But he wasn't a fan of taking charity without giving something in return. He didn't have much, but he could do something.

"I appreciate you helping me out like this. But I'll tell ya what. I've got my own shop set up next to The Crusty Bahrnacle. I'm a Rank 4 Cook. If ever you're in need of a meal, you eat for free, okay?"

Macradon would nod his head, something for something, it was quite the thing people wanted to do, return the kindness. With a broad smile, Macradon would look at the man and reply “I shall remember this, don’t you worry. I’ll come and ruin your whole business by myself with the biggest of meals!” Macradon said with a joking tone as he pumped his right fist into the air like it was a challenge. “Anyways, if you ever need any help with any blacksmith work or mercenary work, I’m ready for anything. Since I’m not really busy with most things anymore, I can help people out in other ways.” Macradon offered.

"I'll definitely keep that in mind. I've been looking for more people to adventure with." Oscar opened his menu and sent a friend request to the Blacksmith. He felt that they were vibing pretty well. If the man accepted, all good. If he didn't, Oscar still knew where to find him. "I gotta get some sleep. I just finished that <<Challenge of Olympus>> quest and I am beat. Thank you again for the armor!" He bade farewell to Macradon and his Cerberus, beckoning for Gob-Gob to follow him. He got the feeling he just made a new friend, regardless of whether or not Macradon actually added him to his list. He whistled a tune as he headed for the teleport platform to go back up to his Manor on Floor 7. It was a good day. A crafting tool and a new set of armor. What could be better?

Nodding lightly and waving with his hand Macradon would bid his farewell to his customer “Sounds like a good plan. Have a nice one!” Macradon said as they parted. “Time to relax then.” Macradon thought and closed down his shop for the day. Going back to his home, Macradon would lay in the sofa and sleep the day away for the next day to come where he would sit in his shop and await customers yet again, just like any other day until anything eventful would happen for him, but it rarely did, it was usually just a day in the shop, it was his job after all.

Spoiler

Name: Bloody Howl
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 10
ID: [Leave Blank]
Roll: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Weapon
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Bleed, Bleed, DMG
Description: The keen edge of this Katana is made for one purpose: killing. Legends say that the blood of its victims has seeped into the blade, giving it a life of its own.
Post Link: [Leave Blank]

Oscar turned right back around and marched back into Macradon's shop. He had a need for a new Katana. Oscar filled out the form and transferred the required materials to his new buddy. "Can't have a piece of armor without a weapon to go with it, you know." Then, exhausted, he sat back down in the chair and fell asleep. He just didn't have the energy to make it back home. Gob-Gob, that beautiful specimen, sat down beside Oscar and mimicked his motions, going to "sleep" as well. He didn't mean to impose on Macradon's hospitality, but he truly couldn't make it back home. But he wouldn't mind, right?

Alec was in the back of Macradon’s shop the Blazing Typhoon getting ready for work when his mentor came in and informed there was an order that needed filling. It seemed a customer was looking for a Katana. Alec got excited he had never tried creating one of those yet. He knew there was lots of folding involved in the creation of one of those types of swords so Alec removed a Tier 1 Material and placed it into the Combi Forge to heat as he set up his work space and began his preparations. Alec removed the Material and began working it. When he was complete he had created a good sword but it wasn’t up to the specifications requested by the customer so he set it aside and began the process again. Alec’s next two attempts were failures as he ruined each weapon he was working on midway through the process. So the large man tossed both lumps into the slag pile. Alec took several deep breaths to relax as he removed his next Material and placed it into the forge to heat. When it was ready Alec removed the Material and began to work the piece folding the material time and time again until as he lost himself in the process he blinked and looked down at exactly what the customer had requested. Alec placed the weapon into a bucket to quench before polishing it and taking it to the front for his mentor to present to the customer.

Spoiler

Rank 6
    [1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
    [2] = Fail (Lose materials)
    [3-5] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
    [6-9] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
    [10-11] = Rare item (2 slots)
    [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)

· Critical Fail and Fail crafts: +1 EXP 

· Salvage crafts: +2 EXP 

· Uncommon crafts: +3 EXP 

· Rare crafts: +5 EXP 

· Perfect crafts: +8 EXP 

Roll: 121207

CD: 10 (Rare) -1 T1 Mat

LD: 12

EXP: 10

Roll: 121208

CD: 2 (Fail) -1 T1 Mat

LD: 2

EXP: 6

Roll: 121209

LD: 10

Roll: 121210

CD: 12 (PERFECT CRAFTED!!!) -1 T1 Mat

LD: 19

EXP: 13

Roll: 121211

CD: 7 (Uncommon) -1 T1 Mat

EXP: 8

Roll: 121212

LD: 15

Roll: 121213

CD: 8 (Uncommon) -1 T1 Mat

LD: 3

TOTAL EXP: 417+57=474/639 Rank 6 Mentor

Spoiler

Name: Bloody Howl
Your Rank: 6
ID: 121210
Roll: 12
Item Type: Weapon - Katana
Enhancements: Bleed, Bleed, DMG
Description: The keen edge of this Katana is made for one purpose: killing. Legends say that the blood of its victims has seeped into the blade, giving it a life of its own.
Post Link: 

Edited by Alec

Oscar woke up shortly after he had fallen asleep. There was just something about a chair that wasn't comfortable enough for a long slumber. But he woke up rested enough to at least make it back up to the seventh floor to his home. He stood up and stretched, the sound of his boots on the floor waking Gob-Gob. Around this time, Oscar noticed another man coming out from the back with a Katana in his hands. There was no way his order had been finished so quickly, but he had to ask. "Did you guys finish my Katana already?" He walked over to the counter and leaned against it, stretching out his back. He was a little stiff from sleeping in the chair, but all of it would be worth it if he had his new sword already.

Alec had just defeated Hephestus the God of the Forge in a Blacksmithing competition and been awarded the God's very own Smithing hammer. Alec was excited to share the news with his mentor so the large many made his way straight to the Blazing Typhoon only to find out that Macradon had locked up his shop and disappeared. Alec let himself into his mentor's shop and set to work trying to familiarize himself with his new crafting hammer. Alec pulled out a stack of Materials and set to work. Throughout the day Alec managed to craft nothing more than a stack of training weapons. Alec's new hammer had a much different weight than he was used to do it was quickly obvious to Alec that he would need much more practice with his new hammer.

Spoiler

Rank 6

Roll: 121877

CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Mat

Roll: 121878

CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 13

Roll: 121879

CD: 9+1=10 (Rare) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 8

Roll: 121880

CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 3

Roll: 121881

CD: 3+2=5

LD: 2+3=5  (Fail to Salvage) -1 T2 Mat

EXP: 7

Roll: 121882

LD: 2

Roll: 121884

CD: 8+1=9 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 10

TOTAL EXP: 474+57=531/639 Rank 6 Mentor

Edited by Alec

Alec returned to his mentor's shop the Blazing Typhoon. He was bound and determined to master the hammer he had won off of Hephestus the God of the Forge. So Alec let himself into Macradon's shop as he was still away. Alec wondered again what had drawn his mentor away and how long it would be till he returned. When Alec arrived in the forge he pulled out a stack of Mats to prepare for the days work. Alec's first project was to craft a nice piece of armor for Kit the young woman he'd taken to fight the giant snake on Floor Sixteen. Alec placed the Material inside the Combi Forge to heat as he set up his workspace. As Alec began working on the piece it quickly took shape and came out exactly like he wanted. Alec smiled as he looked down at the completed crown. With a little bit momentum rolling him he chose another Material and began working again this time on an upgraded form of his Forearm Axe he and Mac had been working on. That too came out exactly as he wanted. The smile on Alec's face spread to a large smile as he continued working. By days end he had completed three shields as well. This was by far his most productive and resourceful day he'd had crafting since he picked up the Blacksmithing profession.

Spoiler

Rank 6
    [1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)

Roll: 121973

CD: 12+1=13 (Perfect) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 14

Roll: 121974

CD: 11+1=12 (Perfect) -1 T2 Mat

Roll: 121979

CD: 10+1=11 (Rare) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 11

Roll: 121980

CD: 11+1=12 (Perfect) -1 T2 Mat

Roll: 121981

CD: 5+1=6 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Mat

Roll: 121982

Roll: 121983

CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon)

TOTAL EXP: 531+75=606/639 Rank 6 Mentor

Spoiler

Name: Mermaid Queen's Tiara
Your Rank: 6
ID: 121973
Roll: 12
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Tier: 2
Enhancements: MIT II / Recovery
Description: This elegant tiara is crafted from a pearl colored material and shaped to represent coral. The piece is also adorned with tear drop shaped sapphires positioned to look like falling water droplets. Though extremely durable the armor piece infuses the wearer with a sense of vigor and energy while granting a sense of durability as well to the wearer. No one pushes around a queen. A small inscription is engraved on the inside. "For the one true mermaid queen of all the water droplets in Aincrad."
Post Link: 

Spoiler

Name: Forearm Axe
ID: 121974
Roll: 11+1=12
Item Type: Weapon - One Hand Battle Axe
Enhancements: DMG III
Description: This is a refined version of the prototype created earlier. The crescent shaped axe heads have been modified for safety, the spike on outside of forearm has been canted forward for punching and the blade has been sharpened to cut deeper and hold an edge longer.
Post Link: 

Spoiler

Name: Retribution
ID: 121979
Roll: 10+1=11
Item Type: Shield
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Thorns II
Description: This circular shield is covered with small spikes and razor sharp ridges that slice and cut into anyone who comes in contact with the outside of the shield
Post Link: 

Spoiler

Name: Bulwark of Defense
ID: 121980
Roll: 11+1=12
Enhancements: MIT III
Description: This massive tower shield is thick and heavily reinforced providing the maximum amount of protection to its wielder.
Post Link: 

Spoiler

Name: Defender
ID: 121982
Enhancements: MIT II
Description: This kit shield is reinforced to provide an added degree of protection for its wielder.
Post Link: 

Edited by Alec
  • 3 weeks later...

As Alec approached his mentor's Blacksmith shop the Blazing Typhoon because the large muscular man noticed that once more his mentor had still not returned. Alec was beginning to worry and hope nothing foul had befallen his Mentor and more importantly his friend. Alec promised himself he'd give it another day or two before I started hunting for his friend and mentor. Alec let himself into Macradon's shop and quietly walked to the forge in the back of the shop to begin working for the day. Perhaps a day spent over the forge would ease his misgivings and worries over his friends sudden absence. As Alec set to work he began sketching plans for Tier 2 Daggers he felt like working on an intricate and beautiful piece today. Something that required fine manipulation and attention to detail. Alec began by placing a stack of Tier 2 Materials on the work bench and set to work. In his first two attempts he came out with two acceptable weapons. Neither was perfect but both were acceptable. As Alec continued he wasted a few Materials as his mind wandered and he ruined the pieces he was working on. Two weapons he created were only good enough for practice weapons. Finally as the days light was drawing long Alec produced a perfect Dagger smiling as he quenched the blade and set it down as he began to clean up for the day.

Spoiler

Rank 6
    [1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)
    [2] = Fail (Lose materials)
    [3-5] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 6+)
    [6-9] = Uncommon item (1 slot)

Roll: 123346

LD: 10+3=13

Roll: 123347

CD: 9+1=10 (Rare) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 16+3=19 

Roll: 123348

CD: 4+1=5 (Salvage) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 2+3=5 (Fail)

Roll: 123349

LD: 20+3=23

Roll: 123350

CD: 4+2=5 (Salvage)

LD: 9+3=12 (Salvage)

Roll: 123351

CD: 12+1=13 (Perfect!) -1 T2 Mat

LD: 11+3=14

EXP: 14

Roll: 123352

CD: 5+1=6 (Uncommon) -1 T3 Mat

TOTAL EXP: 606+54=660/639 - 660/1279 - High Mentor (8 Crafts per day)

Spoiler

Name: Adders Tongue
ID: 123346
Item Type: Dagger
Enhancements: ACC II
Description: This dagger is do light weight and agile that it allows for unbelievably minute corrections mid strike allowing the wielder to rarely if ever miss their mark.
Post Link: 

Name: Heart Seeker
ID: 123347
Roll: 9+1=10
Enhancements: DAM II
Description: This long dagger is nearly a short sword and has phenomenally sharp edges that slide easily through all but the most hardened and reinforced armor protection.
Post Link: 

Name: Sting of Hades
ID: 123351
Roll: 12+1=13
Enhancements: BLD II / ACC I
Description: This deadly dagger has a blade blade with crimson highlights that whisp with brimstone. The weapon has a wickedly sharp blade with microscopic serrations to it's edges which rip and tear devastating wounds while possessing an incredibly light weight that allows for lighting fast strikes.
Post Link: 

-5 T2 Materials / -1 T3 Material

Edited by Alec
The silver-haired player swung her new weapon about, taking care to avoid the armor stands and display cases inside the blacksmith's shop. She was lacking form, that much was blindingly obvious, but An was fascinated with her rapier all the same. It looked like an ordinary weapon albeit having a bit more of an elegant design and weighed only a bit lighter than her starter, but it had better stats. She thought she actually felt a lot stronger, just by holding it.

(I mean, duh).

An sheathed her rapier and spun around to give the blacksmith a small bow. "Pretty neat craft. Thanks!"

Spoiler

Claiming:

Name: Dawn
ID: 119890
Roll: 12
Item Type: Rapier
Enhancements: [x3] Damage
Description: [reference] Marking the first steps of a young adventurer's new journey. A rapier that is rather plain in every aspect except for its elegant swept hilt made of brass.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&amp;comment=577335

Spoiler

Name: Yukianesa
Item Type: Katana
Enhancements: 3 DMG
Description: Snow falls from the blade of this katana with every swing. Though incapable of freezing, it's still a beautiful sight.

Oscar strode into the Blazing Typhoon, Macradon's voucher in hand. He was close to reaching Tier 2, so it was time to take Macradon's advice and use this voucher on a shiny new upgraded weapon. He filled out the request form and placed the voucher on the counter. Even though it wasn't expected of him, Oscar still left a few materials as a tip. Then, he sat down in the chair with his familiar sitting down on the floor beside him. Oscar smiled and petted the twin-headed cerberus on the head as he waited for Macradon to come up front and receive his order. 

- Voucher
- 3 T2 Materials

The bell rang as the door to the shop was opened. Entering into the blacksmith shop, a young boy with a cerberus besides him, which was much different from the goblin from the last time, something might’ve happened, who knows. Macradon came walking up from the smithy through the back door to greet the customer “Hey Oscar! What can I do for you today?” Macradon asked and looked at the request “Aight, seems like something I can work with.” Macradon said and accepted the voucher he had given the man earlier. “Thanks for the tip, It’ll come in handy!” Macradon said with a smile and walked back towards the backdoor “I’ll contact you when it's finished.” Macradon said as a final remark as he went down to his apprentice @Alec. “There’s another request for you. Let’s see the fruits your journey has born for you.” Macradon said with an eager smile to see what his apprentice was now capable of.

As Alec was setting up the forge for the morning the bell on his mentor's front shop door tinkled announcing someone had entered the shop. The large man continued his preparations for the day as he heard Macradon speaking to someone up front. They're voices were muffled so Alec wasn't able to gear what was said but soon enough his mentors popped into the forge holding a slip of paper. Alec shot a grin to his mentor as he walked up and handed him the request issuing a friendly challenge to see what Alec had learned on his recent quest. The large man set to work crafting a Tier 2 Katana. He had only ever had a request so far for one other Katana and it brought a smile to his face to see it was again Oscar returning his business to his mentors shop. As Alec began his s first attempt was an adequate weapon but not quite up to the specifications of the order so Alec knuckled down and continued trying. The large man spent the entire day working on creating a Katana but every other attempt proved fruitless. His first attempt had been his best all previous tried had yielded weapons usable only as practice pieces. Completely frustrated and irritated with his own failure the large man presented his best piece of the day to his mentor. "I'm sorry Macradon." The large man exclaimed. "This is the best I could do. I have an Essence of Steel quest reward I'm not using so I'll use that to finish out the order." The large man stated in his deep baritone rumble.

Spoiler

Rank 7
    [6-8] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
    [9-11] = Rare item (2 slots)

Roll: 123662

CD: 8+1=9 (Rare) -1 T2 Material

LD: 17+3=20 

Roll: 123664

CD: 5=1=6 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Material

LD: 6+3=9

Roll: 123665

CD: 7+1=8 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Material

LD: 15+3=18

Roll: 123666

CD: 2+1=3 (Salvage)

LD: 20+3=23 (Salvage)

Roll: 123667

CD: 5+1=6 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Material

LD: 18+3=21

Roll: 123668

CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Material

Roll: 123669

CD: 6+1=7 (Uncommon) -1 T2 Material

LD: 8+3=11

Roll: 123670

CD: 3+1=4 (Salvage)

LD: 12+3=15 (Salvage)

TOTAL EXP:  660+64=724/1279 - High Mentor (8 Crafts per day)

-6 T2 Materials

Spoiler

Your Rank: 7
ID: 123662
Roll: 8+1=9
Enhancements: 2 DMG
Description: Snow falls from the blade of this katana with every swing. Though incapable of freezing, it's still a beautiful sight.
Post Link: 

Essence of Steel used.

Spoiler

Your Rank: 7
ID: 123662
Roll: 8+1=9
Quality:  Perfect
Enhancements: 3 DMG
Post Link: 

Edited by Alec

Oscar had left to go check on his own shop and get a few errands done while he waited on his order. When he returned, he was happy to see that Macradon and Alec had been successful in completing his brand new upgraded Katana. <<Yukianesa>>, it was called. The blade itself was a glistening silver. When drawn, it would be enveloped in an aura of snow and ice. Oscar beamed as he accepted his new weapon. "You two do great work. I really appreciate you helping me out with this upgrade." Oscar added the weapon to his inventory and equipped it, then checked his stats. 9 to 14 damage was a serious jump. He grinned widely at the sight. "Thanks again you guys. This was just what the doctor ordered."

Neo walked into the shop, a dark aura surrounding her. As much as she knew walking into a town would be dangerous, she needed to upgrade her defenses if she was to become this reckless. Though her visage was as grim as her new personality, her silence and order of a parasol shield was likely enough to give her away. She didn't particularly care if she was recognized. All she knew was that anyone who tried to dig her out of this hole was going to be in for a very rough time. She would rather avoid losing the friends she had and instead avoid everyone.

Spoiler

Two perfect, T3 requests: 16 T3 Mats

Name: Silk parasol
Tier: 3
Enhancements: MIT 3
Description: The silk of this parasol is woven around the metal frame such that blows easily glance off of it.

Name: Conductive Parasol
Tier: 3
Enhancements: MIT 1, REC 2
Description: A parasol woven from a special conductive fabric that converts the heat energy of the sun.

@Macradon

Sitting in his rocking chair, taking a sip of his tea, something disturbed him, something felt … wrong. As the sound of the bell at the door rang, Macradon would get up and look over at the … rather gloomy looking person. It didn’t seem like anyone he knew, at least not someone he recognized. Well he recognized her, but it had to be done forcefully through the request. She didn’t say a thing, which was a clue, the parasol shield was also a clue. Scratching the back of his head, Macradon would smile and say “Good to see you, Neo. I’ll get @Alec on this job ASAP, I’ll contact you when it’s done.”. The smile was fake, perhaps a bit too fake, but he wasn’t sure how he should react to this, not at all.