[Shop-F1]The blazing Typhoon [Rank 10 Grand Master Blacksmith]

A silent day of near to no work was abruptly disrupted by the entrance of a customer, and not just any customer, a familiar face. Macradon quickly sat up straight in his rocking chair and waved at Kyoto “Kyoto! Good to see you again, friend, been a while, what can I do for you today?” he asked and accepted the form for work “Aight, I’ll get to it ASAP. You can wait here or take a stroll, I’ll contact you when it’s ready for pickup. Thank you for your patronage!” the grandmaster blacksmith said excitedly and went down to work on his craft.

Crafting on the 13th of April
Rank 10: 5120/5120

Spoiler

image.png.dc83e5c2f3c74b7a941c669ff55fe52a.png

-2 Materials

Item crafted

Spoiler

Name: Mitternachtsschrecken
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 10
ID: 188246
Roll: 10+1=11
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Recovery | Recovery | Regen
Description: A black coat with red accents inside of the collar of the coat. It has a small black breastplate on the right side of the chest as well as padding on the elbows. 
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=617325

Edited by Macradon
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After receiving the message from Mac with his order he thought it was pretty quick for someone that seems to be constantly busy crafting other’s orders. But as always Kyoto would walk into his shop and ring the bell on the counter.

“Hey Mac. I’m here to pick up my order”

On the counter though was his order as he obtained it as it was sent to his inventory.

“Thanks again. It’s exactually what I wanted. You’re always make the best gear”

He smiles a little before heading to the door. “I might be back for another order soon enough. But for now I’ll be content with what I have.”

As we walks out the door.

"Hello? Do you mind helping me craft something according to these specifications?" 

Randal said, looking at the smith behind the counter, all along the shelves were rows of weapons. On the parchment of paper that Randal slides across the counter to the Blacksmith is a crudely drawn diagram of claws. He explains to the smithy that he hopes the claws are retractable so that he can keep them on while traveling without tearing up his own belongings. He hoped that the claws could also be made durable and offer great offensive capabilities. Lastly, he asks that an inscription be written on the wristguards of the claws but the words are inelligible.

The smithy tells Randal that he could probably have the item ready later that day and informs him that there was an inn nearby that he could wait. The smithy would give him a call when the item was ready and sent Randal a friend request. Quickly opening the interface to accept, Randal needlessly said, "Thanks for helping me out, Macradon, I'm Randal.", obviously reading the Smithy's name from the interface.

image.png.06fd68e3dd07a8fa44f0e1e4b970c256.png

Spoiler

Name: Neptune's Tidings
ID: [Leave Blank]
Roll: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: [Weapon - Claw]
Tier: [3]
Quality: [Perfect]
Enhancements: [DMG | DMG | DMG]
Description: [When equipped, gives the wearer the ability to eviscerate surronding enemies. Comes with an inscription in the native language of Atlantis that says "The Raging Oceans sends their regards."]
Post Link: [Leave Blank]

Shortly after Kyoto’s departure from picking up his items, a new unfamiliar face appeared through the door, a new customer. “Hello and welcome to the Blazing Typhoon! The name’s Macradon, and I’ll be your blacksmith for today. What can I do for you?” he inquired to his new possible customer. He listened and nodded his head “Aye I can do that for you.” and read through the form “Looks good. Nice to meet you too, Randal. You can wait here or take a stroll, I’ll throw a message your way when it’s ready!” he said and went down into his smithy to work.

Crafting on the 14th of April

Spoiler

image.png.0bcf980540f1f69d61693acba0474e05.png

-2 Materials

Item crafted

Spoiler

Name: Neptune's Tidings
ID: 12
Roll: 188602
Item Type: Weapon - Claw
Tier: 3
Enhancements: DMG | DMG | DMG
Description: hen equipped, gives the wearer the ability to eviscerate surronding enemies. Comes with an inscription in the native language of Atlantis that says "The Raging Oceans sends their regards." [image]39.83 kB · 0 downloads
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=639419

Edited by Macradon

It was an odd feeling, this. Tiering up after being at the pinnacle for so long. And, as he'd done each and every time a new tier came available, Oscar found himself entering the Blazing Typhoon and calling upon Macradon to create an upgrade for him. After his terrible showing in the Raid, Oscar was a little self-conscious about asking the man for anything, but needs must. He walked into the shop, throwing the Grandmaster Smith a wave and doing his best to treat things as business as usual.

"What's up Mac? You think you can hook me up with some armor again? New tier and all that," Oscar said. He quickly filled out the order form and decided to wait in the lobby. "I imagine you're pretty busy with everyone hitting a new tier."

Spoiler

Name: Tactical Under Armor
ID: 
Roll: 
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Tier: 4
Enhancements: MIT | MIT | MIT
Description: At first glance, the most pliable of cloth. Looking closer, one can see the dense collection of almost microscopic chainmail rings. The design allows this armor to be worn under one's clothes, but provides the same protection as the stoutest of plate.
Post Link: 

5,000 Col transferred to Macradon

Edited by Oscar

And as he finished his transaction with Randal, another familiar face appeared, one he hadn’t seen in a while, his favorite hotdog connoisseur. “Oscar! Glad to see you today. How may I be of your service?” he asked and accepted the commission “You know the drill, I’ll throw a message your way when it’s ready. See you soon.” he said with a smile and went down into his smithy, igniting the furnaces, ready the hammers, and positioning the anvil, everything was set up for a proper crafting session, but he rarely had to go that far as to expend all his energy on a single order, at least now as a Grandmaster Blacksmith, he had so much energy and resources, but also the capabilities to neglect the need for either.

Crafting on the 14th of April

Spoiler

image.png.899db202c8a538c10bb8a003b6f7a2cd.png

-1 Material

Item Crafted

Spoiler

ID:  188642
Description: At first glance, the most pliable of cloth. Looking closer, one can see the dense collection of almost microscopic chainmail rings. The design allows this armor to be worn under one's clothes, but provides the same protection as the stoutest of plate.
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=639477

Edited by Macradon

Upon the Smithy’s call, Randal got up from his seat in the Inn where he had been resting and rushed off towards the blacksmith’s forge, inside a proud smithy presented his latest creation to Randal, exactly as per specifications perfected to from the way it looked, to the words that were inscribed and the way that it fit snugly on Randal’s hand. After pocketing the weapon in his inventory, Randal paid the price for his new equipment and thanked Macradon again for his help. Randal would use these in his Battle-ready equipment slot to be changed to at any time that he needed to use the AOE functions of the claw instead of the stun function of the hand wraps.

Randal transfers 2,400 col to Macradon
Receives Neptune's Tidings

It wasn't long before Macradon had his new piece of gear ready. Oscar, having paid upfront and waited, was eager to accept the item and get back to work. With his connection stable for the time being, he felt relatively confident getting back out there to do some farming, but he didn't want to do so without being properly kitted out. This was the first of his long laundry list of tasks to get himself ready, but everything else predicated itself on it. Oscar thanked the man and left his shop with his new armor with a sense of urgency in his step.

Spoiler

ID:  188642
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=639477

• 4 weeks later...

To say it had been a while since entering Macradon's shop was an understatement. Not only has the two players fought side by side a number of times since, but the entirety of Aincrad had been turned on its ear around them. As such, Shield no longer felt the need for such stiffness and formality as he had in prior visits.

He approached the smith and fellow front-liner, raising the side of his fist to offer a tap in greeting to Macradon. "It's good to see you. I hope you're managing the chaos as well as possible." Taking a few items from his inventory, he placed them on the nearest open counter space. "I'm hoping you can handle this request. I have two items I would like combined. To make it simple, there's a single slot of Frost Aura I want transferred to Manticore Mask to overwrite the Antifreeze." Once that was explained, he produced a handful of steel and silver, the base materials of the shield as crafting fodder, as well as two fish scales, shining with a pale and subtle radiance, as well as a shard of dark obsidian that was wreathed in a sinister red haze.

"If you have any need of other compensation, I'm happy to oblige, but this should be all you need to perform the work. Can you handle the job?"

Crafting Type: Fusion

[Starting Item 1]
Item Name: <<Casseur de Logistille, Second Wind>>
ID: 176188a
Tier: 4
Type: Shield 
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Frost Aura I, Holy Blessing, Taunt
Description: An arm-shield variant of the Pink Paladin's thorns bracer much more focused on protection than offensive onslaught. Tougher steel and more cover offer better defensive stats, along with a subtle healing effect. In the center of its boss, there is a simple etched image of a heater shield, a subtle nod to the item's origin.

[Starting Item 2]
Item Name: <<Manticore Mask>>
Item ID: N/A
Item Tier: 4
Item Type: Shield
Item Rarity: Demonic
Item Enhancements:
Flame Aura I/Thorns II/ Antifreeze 
Description: A silver shield, the face of which is adorned by the head of a manticore, framed by its folded wings.

[Final Item]
Item Enhancements:
Flame Aura I/Frost Aura I/Thorns II 
Description: A silver shield, the face of which is adorned by the head of a manticore, framed by its folded wings.

Transferring to Mac:
Demonic Shards x 1
Gleaming Scales x 2
Crafting Materials x 3

Another long dry period at his shop, which he actually didn’t dislike, was disrupted by the presence of a … ew … customer! Macradon smiled and waved at his fellow frontliner, Shield, a proud and capable tank who stands at the front of the vanguard, prepared to face anyone and anything. “Shield! Good to see you, friend. What can I do for you today?” he asked and listened to the request “Fusion, huh … I’ve heard about it from the recent changes and all … but I haven’t tried it out yet. This is gonna be quite the guinea pig.” he said with a grin and began tinkering. He tried out different forms of handling the materials in front of him, quite the lot he received just for this fusion. It took him a bit to figure it out, but with how his HUD was ordered, Macradon easily combined the items and materials, creating a better version of the Manticore Mask shield. “That should do it!” he said and handed it back to Shield “And I don’t need any compensation, it’s not much, but it’s honest work.”

[Starting Item 1]
Item Name: <<Casseur de Logistille, Second Wind>>
ID: 176188a
Tier: 4
Type: Shield 
Enhancements: Frost Aura I, Holy Blessing, Taunt
Description: An arm-shield variant of the Pink Paladin's thorns bracer much more focused on protection than offensive onslaught. Tougher steel and more cover offer better defensive stats, along with a subtle healing effect. In the center of its boss, there is a simple etched image of a heater shield, a subtle nod to the item's origin.

[Starting Item 2]
Item Enhancements:
Flame Aura I/Thorns II/ Antifreeze 

[Final Item]
Item ID: 192853
Item Enhancements:
Flame Aura I/Frost Aura I/Thorns II 

Final item fused

Item ID: 192853
Item Enhancements: Flame Aura I/Frost Aura I/Thorns II 

Edited by Macradon

It had been some time since <<Faustein>> had headed to the shop of a certain highly skilled Tailor named <<Ariel>> on Floor 22 and picked up his new T1 Perfect grade Light Armor which was essentially an upgraded version of his current standard Light Armor suit, <<Svalinn MK1>>, aka a physician-scientist outfit ensemble which was his signature work attire choice from said shop. Since then, upon his return to his current base in the <<Town of Beginnings>>, he had gotten back to his ongoing and ever-burgeoning mad science research and his progressively more detailed study of the VRMMORPG world of SAO which was his main objective everyday when he was not otherwise engaged in quests. 

Hmm...the enemies are becoming increasingly tougher...perhaps an upgrade to my <<Gungnir MK1>> is in order...after all, I recently acquired the upgraded MK2 version of my <<Svalinn MK1>>...so it is only fitting that I do the same to my weapon...

He mused silently while still languishing on his semi-firm bed at his usual inn whilst still in a half-asleep state due to having crashed completely after pulling what was basically three sequential all-nighters since he was so inextricably engrossed in the advancement of his beloved research. While mulling over this upgrade to his <<Gungnir MK1>>, <<Faustein>> slowly dragged himself out of bed and readied himself in his usual physician-scientist's outfit, this one being the new <<Svalinn MK2>>, while yawning briefly. After that was done, he strapped his <<Gungnir MK1>> into its holster which he had slung across his back and headed out of the inn and into the streets of the <<Town of Beginnings>>. Once there, he stretched lightly to wake himself up and purchased some freshly brewed coffee from a nearby vendor NPC while mulling over his current agenda silently

Now then, let's see...if memory serves, there is supposed to be a highly accomplished blacksmith who goes by the handle, <<Macradon>>. Perhaps it would be wise to commission him to create this upgrade to my <<Gungnir MK1>>. Yes, now that should help greatly with my ability to protect myself from attack during the course of my endless research...

With that thought in mind, he headed off as a brisk pace toward where said blacksmith's shop was located and after some effort he managed to reach his destination. After arrival, he entered and announced himself and greeted <<Macradon>>, his voice revealing itself to be a rich, resonant baritone and melodious one despite his rather slim and slight build and youthful countenance which did not match his age of 30 years old

"Greetings, I am <<Faustein>>, or Dr. Stein if you prefer. I am here today to place a custom request for an upgraded version of my <<Gungnir MK1>> which you can see here. So, if you could please oblige me in crafting this upgraded version, I would greatly appreciate it."

Name: <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>>
Item Type: Weapon 
Tier: 1
Enhancements: ACC, ACC, Bleed
Description: 

qtjS1P6.jpg?1

The <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>> is an Assault Spear-type weapon that takes the form of a giant scalpel (shown in the image above) as does its predecessor, the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK1>> which is also an Assault Spear-type giant scalpel. Unlike its forerunner, this version of the giant scalpel is made of higher quality dark colored metal than its forebear but like its ancestor, it too has been forged as two separate pieces and then fitted together in the same way that its smaller and more standard cousin, the common surgical scalpel, is made in the real world. The improved design of the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>> imbues it with two major advantages over its predecessor, the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK1>> which is also an Assault Spear-type giant scalpel. The first of these major advantages is that of greatly improved striking accuracy and striking precision which the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>> has in comparison to its forerunner, so this facilitates attempts to land blows upon any given target. The other of these two major advantages is that of a much more refined and powerful cutting edge which the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>> has in comparison to its precursor, the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK1>> which is also an Assault Spear-type giant scalpel. This latter advantage allows <<Faustein>>, its wielder, to inflict bleeding wounds upon any given target upon successful impact and thus, together, these two advantages markedly improve the chances of <<Faustein>> being successfully victorious in those battles wherein he uses the <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>>

Post Link: [Leave Blank]

With that said, <<Faustein>> fell silent and waited for <<Macradon>> to accept his request after which he handed him a note from <<Lessa>> which denoted their mutual agreement for her to provide the funds for this upgrading project. 

OOC:

-Appearance (CREDIT TO DORAN 2019 FOR ARTWORK):

cNkIWMc.jpg

----

Summary: 

- Turned in Request Form to <<Macradon>> for custom order of upgraded T1 Perfect grade Assault Spear-type Giant Scalpel, <<Fabrication Designation - Gungnir MK2>> for <<Faustein>>

- 6x Mats paid to <<Macradon>> by <<Lessa>> on behalf of <<Faustein>>

Edited by Faustein
  • 5 weeks later...

It had taken no small amount of work (and even more random philanthropy from NIGHT), but Oscar had finally obtained everything he needed to refine Money Shot into what would perhaps be its final and strongest form. And, as with every other time he needed something done with a weapon, Oscar found himself back in Macradon's shop. He stepped up to the counter with a grin and placed the two weapons needing to be combined on the counter. "You got me boss?"

All costs paid to Banker here
20,000 Col, 15 Materials transferred to @Macradonas payment.

[Starting Item 1]
Item Name: Tsukuyomi's Odachi (Beta) +5
Item ID: 162424
Item Type: Warhammer
Item Rarity: Perfect
Item Enhancements: FLN | ACC | KEEN

[Starting Item 2]
Item Name: Dark Fortunes
Item ID: Upgrade Here
Item Enhancements: Abs.Acc | FLN | Acc | Para

[Final Item]
Item Name: Umbral Avarice
Item ID: N/A
Item Enhancements: Abs.Acc | FLN | FLN | ACC

Final fused item:

[Final Item]
Item Name: Umbral Avarice
Item ID: N/A
Item Enhancements: Abs.Acc | FLN | FLN | ACC
Link: 
https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=641906

Edited by Macradon

Blazing Typhoon. It was a bit pricy for her, a woman who'd live more like a simple NPC villager since the entrapment… but if she was going to risk her neck against monsters, she wanted to do it with good tools keeping her safe. And from the look of the stuff on display, he made some good stuff. Nothing quite what she was looking for, though.

"'ello?"

She put down the hefty burlap sack she'd been carrying, grimacing as it slipped from her tired grasp moments away from the ground. Even a short drop sounded crazy loud, ringing in her ears. She cleared her throat.

"I'm lookin' for some good claws. Looks don't matter much so long as it keeps me well and safe. Now, I've some materials, but no skill to make nothin' from them. Any chance you're up for an exchange?"

Spoiler

Name: Triple Rake Claws
ID:
Roll:
Item Type: Weapon
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Damage / Accuracy / Accuracy
Description: A sturdy pair of knuckle dusters with three long, razor-sharp claw-blades extending from the ends. Despite its menacing appearance, the claws are very easy to maneuver.
Post Link:

"How much would somethin' like this run me?" She glances down at her bag of materials, running through the numbers. "I've somethin' round 25 materials, I think."

[[Edited to add, transferring 6 materials!]]

@Macradon

Edited by SuzuNa

A bunch of new customers had recently begun to show up at his shop, one different from the other, but also a few familiar faces popping by here and then. A woman unfamiliar to the blacksmith approached the counter and asked for a request. Macradon looked up and smiled “Hello and welcome to The Blazing Typhoon, the name’s Macradon, I’ll be your blacksmith for today. What can I do for you?” he asked then listened and read the request “I can make this, no problem. It’ll cost you 6 materials if you’re below level 15, not trying to break anyone’s bank here.” he replied with a smile.

Crafting on the 26th of June

Spoiler

image.png.add58129319e40216177114363e77291.png

-1 Material

Item Crafted

Name: Triple Rake Claws
ID: 196257
Roll: 12
Item Type: Weapon (Claws)
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Damage / Accuracy / Accuracy
Description: A sturdy pair of knuckle dusters with three long, razor-sharp claw-blades extending from the ends. Despite its menacing appearance, the claws are very easy to maneuver.
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=642197

Edited by Macradon

It didn't take long for Macradon to fill Oscar's order. Radiance rolled off of the two weapons, light driving up to the ceiling and cascading down the walls. The myriad weapons within the smithy glinted in the light, resulting in a dazzling spectacle that would could not be contained within its four walls. Shafts of light spilled through the windows and onto the street outside, garnering the attention of spectators. Slowly, the light ebbed away. Oscar blinked as the room dimmed, not having been spared from the sheer, face-melting display through his aviators. Eventually, his eyes adjusted and were lain for the first time upon his new weapon. Gold intermingled with stark black, winding up the staff and ending at the simple head of a large claw hammer. Practically bursting with excitement, Oscar took the weapon from the smith and gave it few practice swings. Then, his gaze flicked up to Macradon. "Mac, my friend. You never disappoint."

Oscar accepts <<Umbral Avarice>> from Macradon.

Poorly drawn map scrawled all over a wrinkled piece of paper, Sai proceeds to follow the map and found himself standing in front of a blacksmith shop. "Blazing.. Typhoon. Apparently I should be able to receive a 25% discount here.." He pressed his hand against the wooden door and pulled open the door. A massive heatwave embraced Sai as the door opened up. He walked over to a wooden counter where the blacksmith was idling by. 'I really need to get these equipment as soon as possible..' As always, Sai was quite impatient and displayed the wrinkled sheet of paper to the blacksmith. "I hope you don't mind, but I would like these equipment done as soon as possible." He pointed at a poorly drawn equipment. "Could you possibly make these for me?" The picture on the paper seemed to display what looks to be armor and a shield. He pulled out a pouch of Col and displayed it to the blacksmith.

Spoiler

Name: (Could you name the equipment for me?)
Profession: Blacksmith
ID:
Roll:
Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: 2 MIT | REGEN
Description: (I could write up a description if you don't want to)
Post Link:

Name: (Could you name the equipment for me?)
ID:
Roll:
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: 2 THORNS | REGEN
Description: (I could write up a description if you don't want to)
Post Link:

(If this is too much work, I can figure something out!)

• 3 weeks later...

Crafting on the 21st of July

Spoiler

image.png.797116a3b843de1290aa472b536d8a0f.png

-7 Materials

Items Crafted

Spoiler

Name: Maille of Persistance
ID: 197638
Roll: 12
Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: 2 MIT | REGEN
Description: Riveted steel maille armor with leather fitting, making it more flexible for the wearer while still maintaining a high degree of protection. The decreased weight with leather fittings lets the wearer stay in combat for longer skirmishes.
Post Linkhttps://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=643021

Name: Resilient Retaliation
ID: 197642
Roll: 12
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: 2 THORNS | REGEN
Description: A spiked heater shield protecting the majority of the wearer's body while also providing offensive capabilities with rebounding attack with its spikes. The shield is for the most part constructed of light spruce, making it ideal for longer skirmishes while steel edges enforces its shape and durability.
Post Linkhttps://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/1065-shop-f1the-blazing-typhoon-rank-10-grand-master-blacksmith/?do=findComment&comment=643021

Edited by Macradon
  • 4 weeks later...

A young man with silver hair peeked his head in and was immediately hit with warm air that had the scent of coal and hot steel. He was captivated by the armor and weapons on display in the window along with the discount for lower level players which reminded him, his equipment was quite dated. He entered quietly and looked around, assuming the store was open. The smith wasn't at the counter, so August assumed he was in the back. He looked at all the items on display, but couldn't find a saber of his level to wield, and silently hoped the smith did custom orders. He went to the counter and was about to call out to the smith when he saw the order forms, he took one and started scribbling out a request for a new weapon.

After he is finished, he calls out to get the smith's attention. When the smith comes, August greets him:

"Hello there! It's nice to meet you, I'm August. I saw the items on display, you do amazing work and I was hoping you could do a custom order for me." August says as he holds the form out for the smith to take.

Spoiler

Name: Basic Duelist's Saber
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 10
ID: 
Roll: 
Item Type: Weapon
Enhancements: Accuracy (x3)
Description: A curved steel saber with a silver basket guard and black bound leather grip.
Post Link: 

Edited by August
Typos