[PP: F10] Unearthing [Mari]

Floor ten was a floor that had not been investigated by the Vice Commander of the Knights, it seemed like there was a lot of mystery and intrigue dedicated to the floor especially with the undead mob set up that other floors did not. Zombies were one thing, and she had her fair share of killing those in the mysterious forest on an earlier floor, but this was probably more enhanced mobs, not to mention this was something out of her comfort zone. White knuckles cracked as the woman stepped out of the boundaries of Yomi. There were things to explore out there in the unsafe world over the horizon. If Opal planned on being a true Vice Commander, she would need to know the lay of the lands of every floor and collecting as much data and information as she could for her fellow members when the time was needed.

Arriving on the Floor, Opal could not see the steps in front of her. She sighed bringing up her menu quickly and materializing an item that would help illuminate the area around her. The small item was easily crushed in her hand as a spiraling luminous mist enveloped her body illuminating the immediate surrounding to an 8 foot radius. While it was difficult to see, the luminous myst around her body helped her see clearly enough within her field of vision, anything outside of that could prove disastrous.

"This would be a lot easier if Commander Heathcliff...came out and did some partying with me..ugh!" The woman had stepped in some soft dirt, causing her balance to falter for a moment. Her pristine outfit tainted by debris of dirt that was kicked up from the pile of ash nearby. Opal sighed and weaved her fingers through the dark strands of her bangs while pushing them off the edge of her face to behind one ear, both honey colored orbs now staring at what appeared to be a large red river. 

"This must be the Stygian...I didn't think I was walking for that long though..." The woman swept a hand over her control panel bringing up the menu and then her map data. She pressed a manicured nail down on the spot where she was standing to send up a flagged icon showing the starting position to her location and The Stygian River. Flicking her wrist, Opal caused her menu to disappear with a quick swipe, her eyes now on the blood red river. Getting closer she knelt down and examined it. As soon as she got close, the scent of blood was thick in the air as the river swashed to and fro like a rapid, "Was it really made out of blood?" Curious the woman stuck her hand down into the depth of the bloody waters, unsure if this was the smartest thing to do, but her curious mind needed answers. Perhaps one day, this would be a good location for a Guild War or something else, perhaps...so testing the waters to see if it was safe would be recommended. 

However, it was only a hand and nothing more. There was no ice cold or burning hot sensation from the touch, it seemed harmless enough as she removed her right hand from the waters. Much like blood would drip, her hands were stained from the bloody waters, dripping to the barren ground with splotches of red. It was interesting enough, that's for certain. The woman gathered herself up and cleansed her hand whiplashing it back and forth to dry it, but the strong scent of blood was filtering through the air. The woman stood still with her arms crossed over her chest continuing to examine the Stygian in case anything else would catch her eye. 

--

Notes: 1 time use of a Luminosity Torch, a spiraling luminous mist surrounding her body to form a soft glowing light around her in an 8 foot radius. 

Edited by Opal

ID:  LD: 12 +  3 ( Latex Swimsuit Enchant) + 3 Search and Detect = 18 SUCCESSS
Materials + 1

Mari wasn’t fully equipped, in her usual attire. She was wearing what was known as her ‘scavenging’ attire. Her usual thorny armour had been replaced with skin tight black pvc that extended to her wrists, ankles and stopped at her neck. Despite covering the entirety of her body the nature of the material did not leave much to the imagination. She wore her regular thigh high black boots, and draped over herself – a parting gift from Daeron  - a white cloak with crimson trimming which held strange properties – claiming to negate all fire damage.

Mari’s pink hair tickled her shoulders in a disheveled bob, it was clear she hadn’t bothered to brush it that day, and one would guess the previous day too.

Mari didn’t really care about the mobs on this floor, she had wandered the floor in solitude for so long – she knew its depths like the back of her hand. She knew where most of them spawned, and when, so when she needed to go hunting for materials she was able to easily avoid most of them.

Materials.

It’s what had bought her out there that day, she wanted a material. More specifically, she wanted blood. It’s not like she could just attack a player and obtain it that way. Firstly, none ventured too close to her,nor her tent,  second – all that action would yield is an array of valueless red polygons. And if Mari wanted to delve into more….sinister crafting results, she’d need more sinister ingredients.

That’s what led her to the river,  Stygian. As Mari approached she couldn’t help but notice a wavering light surrounding a….zombie?  The woman squinted as she neared the figure. No…it wasn’t a zombie, it was another player – the dancing green icon above their head was a dead giveaway. The player seemed preoccupied with the river itself.

Mari, for the most part – ignored the other girl. She didn’t have to acknowledge her, she pulled out a vial, and in one fell swoop, filled it with blood. She corked it, and pulled out another vial. Blue  eyes faintly glowing with the Night Vision skill glancing up at the centre of the lake.

"Yanno, you stay around any longer - and previous mobs, sh*t even bosses will start spawning." Mari gestured toward a gurgling noise coming from the centre of the lake. "Ah, see - right on cue."  

And as it seemed, fate was laughing in her face – A single Hydra head began to emerge from the lake , its skin glistening with the murky wine red liquid. As the blood dripped off its skull, it was apparent that the creature was missing its eyes and large chunks of its skin. “I ain’t stayin long enough to battle the thing, I’d advise you to p*ss off too.”

Opal heard the steps of something behind her, those honey eyes gazed from left to right, not thinking she would be ambushed outright in a place like this. But with the low level light or lack there of around her, it was a perfect opportunity for anyone to sneak up behind her and get shanked in the process. While Sensui had yet to take any more action against her, she was sure her last message got to him in full after her last meeting with him. But that was something for another day altogether. The woman didn't make any hazardous movements, but out the corner of her eye she now found what appeared to be a pink haired woman just bottling up some of the liquid from The Stygian. That was an interesting idea...perhaps analyzing the liquid could help help make a solve or a potion to remedy some effects down the line. 

There was no intended threat from her either, therefore, Opal had relaxed a little but if need be, she would summon Masamune and take the necessary actions to prevent her from being taken down. But the threat wasn't there, but she did catch signs of something strange with her eyes. That look, was it the Night Vision ability? She had seen it from a few other players, mainly Calrex. There was a soft voice emiting from the body now, Opal's eyes squinted and her ears picked up the voice. Her eyes wandered from the woman to the lake now as it slowly gurgled. 

"The hell...?" It was on instinct that she summoned her massive seven foot blade and held onto the ornate saya. The woman had declared that it would not be a good idea to stick around for that gurgling noise could very well rouse and unearth something sinister.

Opal took several steps back, watching a head slowly starting to protrude from the red lake. The spiny crest of the creature ran slick with the bloody waters, flesh melting off the side of its skull as it groaned to life. Honey eyes shot wide open, once more taking several steps back not to engage..."Well, you weren't kidding." Opal said through gritted teeth. With her sword revealed, she ended up backtracking, "Hey! You have a safe destination somewhere around here?" 

ID:45137  LD: 16  3 +3 = 22
Materials: 2

Fever phone posts ftw

The other woman seemed cautious, alert, to Mari's presence. Her honey coloured eyes widened and as Mari scooped up more of the blood, she could feel the other woman watching her intently. Mari did her best to ignore the other woman. Pocketing another vial of the blood. It wasn't until she heard the loud clank of a heavy metal ring as it hit the cavern ground. Mari turned her head toward the other woman - who was clad in a coat quite similar in design to her own. Of course, Mari knew that whatever the woman wore - did not possess the same unique trait as her own Phoenix Cape. "Previous floor bosses don't normally appear," Mari said, appearing way too calm for their current predicament. "You must be unlucky." 

Mari placed the other vial in her inventory before brushing back her pink fringe with her bloodied hand, staining her face and hair with speckles of the crimson liquid. "I fought this boss. A majority of it's attacks are fire based. With my current equipment, I'd negate all said attacks." Mari turned to look back at the emerging Hydra- three heads were now poking above the thick gurgling waters. Soulless black eyes were trained on Mari. "I just can't be f**ked dealing with this right now." She muttered, as she turned to walk away from the beast. 

As she passed Opal, she shrugged - pointing toward the direction of both her shop and the town. "Yomi is that way." 

Mari walked toward Yomi, unsure if the other woman was following close behind or not. It felt like she was - but Mari wasn't going to make assumptions. The soft light of Yomi appeared on the horizon, and with it - Mari's small Alchemic tent, Mari gave a sigh. She did not collect enough materials to do what she wanted today. Still, it'd have to do for now. She'd wait an hour or so before heading back out toward the blood filled river to collect more samples.

There was no change in her voice, no tone that demanded that she should be frightened by the previous floor boss now set in a zombie state. The woman's honey eyes looked towards the stoic woman with a certain curiosity as she made little effort to actually make a run. However, much like zombies they were slow and this one was no different. Despite having a massive body and three emerging heads from the depths of the Stygian, Opal, would stay on guard from both Zombie Hydra as well as this pick haired woman. When she spoke again, Opal nodded slowly, so Yomi would be her escape route then. Flicking her wrist and sheathing the Masamune, the woman followed the woman back to the town of Yomi. The soft lights from the lanterns now illuminated bits and pieces of the establishment, but the golden aura of light around Opal's body continued to glow and give off its luminosity. 

The pink haired stranger had led them to a tent, the odd and strange smells gathering from within were easily picked off as an Alchemist Lab. Opal had already put two and two together, but could not make a distinct conclusion that this woman was also an alchemist. She could have been bottling up the blood for many other reasons, but it seemed they were agents to her alchemical needs. The woman now wished she had taken the time to do the same and shook her head from the passing moment. 

Opal did not step into the tent, she was not an invited guest, but being a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath, she had a certain duty or obligation to thank those who gave her some advice towards the Hydra Zombie, "So will that monster actually disappear or will it roam the Stygian for quite awhile? I was actually attempting to get the map data for this floor out of the way, but I have come unprepared. Unless..." Opal had turned her attention to the tent and sat down on the ground with her arms folded over her chest, her long blade pressed against her shoulder as she spoke into the oddly scented tent within, "If you by chance have any map data on this floor, might I possibly purchase the data from you? Oh [censored]...I'm sorry, forgive my rudeness. My name is Opal, Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath." 

Opal did not step into the tent, she was not an invited guest, but being a member of the Knights of the Blood Oath, she had a certain duty or obligation to thank those who gave her some advice towards the Hydra Zombie, "So will that monster actually disappear or will it roam the Stygian for quite awhile? I was actually attempting to get the map data for this floor out of the way, but I have come unprepared. Unless..." Opal had turned her attention to the tent and sat down on the ground with her arms folded over her chest, her long blade pressed against her shoulder as she spoke into the oddly scented tent within, "If you by chance have any map data on this floor, might I possibly purchase the data from you? Oh [censored]...I'm sorry, forgive my rudeness. My name is Opal, Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath." 

Mari thought she was done with the other woman - that the two would part ways once they hit the outskirts of Yomi, but she was wrong. The dark haired woman asked Mari a question, about the Hydra - Mari lifted her shoulders in a shrug as she turned on her heel to face the other woman. "Who knows. Most mobs will emerge and wander around for an hour or two - then slink back into the river. Unless there are players nearby, then they'll make a bee-line for them. Boss Mobs may be different, I rarely encounter them at the river, again - you must be oh so lucky." Mari stressed the word, layering it with sarcasm. She was hoping to have gained more materials that day, if she were alone she'd have probably continued even with the Hydra present, considering she'd be able to absorb most of it's attacks. 

Having answered the chestnut haired woman's question Mari turned and pushed back the flap to her store - stepping inside, figuring that she'd leave. Again, Mari was wrong. The woman lingered at the entrance, "I have plenty of Col." Mari muttered, not bothering to look back at the other woman as she waved her in. "It's a store don't be needlessly polite."  

Mari made her way to the back of her tent, and nestled herself at the low set table - pulling out a cloth she wiped the blood from her hands onto it. She placed the two vials onto the table, then began to pull out her tools. First, a worn pestle and mortar - then a small bunsen burner. "I have explored this floor in it's entirety, save for the town of course." Mari said, gesturing to her spinning crystal, adorned in the angry colours of a Pker. "What would you, Opal of the Blood Oath have to offer me?" Mari asked whilst she worked - pulling out a blackened herb that resembled rosemary, she placed it into the the small stone bowl and started to grind it into a powder. 

Mari did not introduce herself, she figured -if the woman used her eyes, she'd see the various labels on her concoctions - which stated who they were made by, and Mari - especially lately, was never one for many words. She felt it best to just keep her distance from as many people as possible, and introductions were just a way to familiarize yourself with others.

Opal paid little attention to the woman's sarcastic remark about being lucky for arriving at a time a Flood Boss would pop out of the Stygian. The woman continued to keep to herself in a seated position outside the tent. It was then that her face shot upwards as the flaps of the entrance moved and the pink haired woman poked her head out. The two gave each other a stoic expression at one another, but Opal had felt that she was unwanted, until she explained she had plenty of col. Was that a fact? Opal stood up when she was waved in, the woman explaining that it was a store to not be needlessly polite. Opal's brows pinched together, but the red lips of her smile curved to one side of her face as she stepped inside. So it was a shop and from the vials and the odd scents escaping into the air, she was also an Alchemist which cemented her earlier belief when she was collecting the water from the Stygian.

As Opal's weapon flashed for a moment going back to her inventory, the pink haired alchemist had begun to pull out her alchemist tools and explained that she knew this floor quite well. Why anyone would wanna keep themselves here was beyond her range of thinking, but it was each to their own. But it dawned on her as she explained further, the slowly moving orange crystal bobbing to and fro above her head. She had figured as much, the player didn't seem like a real treat for other people. How many had she slain and for what reason or cause? Were they justified deaths or for simple pleasure and thrill? These questions were slow on her mind, but she had met player killers before. She was neither afraid nor cared little for what they had done. 

It was then her question that caught her off guard. Opal had been straining her eyes at the marked vials attempting to identify what they were used for, the scribbled name was made in a repeated pattern on all the vials denoting the alchemist as Mari. The woman smiled and shook her head, and then laughed abruptly for a moment. 

"Unfortunately, I don't have anything to offer. But if you have plenty of col, why are you living in this tent when you could buy yourself a home?" The woman placed her hands over her chest and watched the woman work, she didn't seem like the talkative type. Opal was only after one thing, the map data, nothing more and nothing less. However, the name was interested and it created a connection between the alchemy and Lowenthal who had briefly mentioned the name in an earlier conversation with him before leaving for her training. 

"So this is Mari, the great Alchemist...she looks more like a has-been sleeping in this filth for so long." Opal examined the contents of the inside of her tent as she stood there. She made her judgment on the player. She didn't look like anyone special, just another Orange Player doing the routine and mundane living in this world in her canary cage. 

"I don't wanna trouble you for something I can't offer in return. But it seems you lack some materials. I'd be willing to help you out a little if you're interested in exchange for the map data. I got decent AoE skills, plus a GM in my Katana. I think we can work out a deal here, if not, I'll be on my way. I don't have time...to be wasting around and doing nothing." The comment might sound a little rude, but that was the truth of it. This player, whoever others claimed her to be did not seem to want to do anything but keep to herself and be by herself, she was just another player riding on the backs of others who fought day in and day out to get stronger so they could actually leave this place one day. Then again, she was a player killer...perhaps she had more sinister and twisted thoughts and wanted to see the Front Lines fall. In either case...this standing around and doing nothing was starting to make Opal antsy. 

Mari ignored the abrupt laugh, unsure if the other woman was on purposefully being callous - or attempting to push some sort of buttons. If she was, she picked the wrong person. Mari couldn't really care a less what insults the other woman would throw at her.  Mari didn't have anything to prove - especially not to a stranger. She knew she could hold her own, even now - on the frontlines - and that was more than enough for her. Opal's first question, whilst seemingly innocent sounded as though it was layered with an insult, as if to say 'why the f**k would you stay here' 

Mari reached under her table, pulling out a clean, empty vial- then another larger one marked with 'purified water' "I don't buy a house because I don't really see the point in it. I don't feel the need to - I get what I need from passing players. Failing that - there is a small town outside of the safe zone on the fifth floor - generally I will spend a few nights in one of the taverns there if I need to. Frankly - it's just a creature comfort. I'm well fed, I'm comfortable, I bathe regularly - so why bother with unnecessary luxuries?" Mari set the burner on low, and half filled the test tube with water - placing it over the low flame. Opal tried to barter with Mari. Mari simply rose her eyes to stare at Opal.

She stood there, stalwart - and ready. She sure was sure of herself, and she also didn't seem to want anything more from Mari than her initial request. Mari smirked, shrugging her shoulders. "Honestly - I have more than enough materials. Col and Materials are something I have plenty of - I don't need weapons, for the uniques I have far beat any player crafted pieces-but you don't need to know, nor do you care about that, eh?"  Mari mused as she worked, first placing a dash of the bloodied liquid from the river to the water, then the powdered root. Then lifting the vial up to the low light of the buzzing fireflies above. She swirled it around until the two mixed, creating a dark crimson liquid. "You look like a smart woman Opal," She said, concentrating on the vial. surely you know things aren't as they seem." Mari inwardly flinched at her own words. They sounded terribly cliche'd - but she was sick of people making assumptions of her - and Opal, was just another to add to the ever expanding list. She gave an audible groan at her own speech.

"You say you don't want to trouble me, but in reality- you're more concerned with leaving. " Mari said, speaking her thoughts out loud as her eyes travelled back toward Opal. Mari corked the vial, and scribbled something on it in neat - cursive writing. Seemingly an odd thing coming from someone who appeared to be less than immaculate. Mari threw the vial over to opal. "You're shifting your weight, and every so often - you glance at the door. You don't want to be here. I can take a guess that you don't want to be around me, any more than I want to be around you. Sure, I could give you the map data - but I'd prefer an equal exchange - I don't need Col or Materials. If you have any useful information of your own to provide, perhaps I'd be happy to oblige. Just like you, I have better things to do - I don't have time to entertain guests." 

* Potion

Name: Distraught Discovery
Effect: After drinking the potion - the next person you kiss will share their worst memories with you, and you shall share yours with them. 
Description: The dark crimson liquid is almost black, when you open it, you smell the faint aroma of various spices. The scent reminds  you of a warm, spiced tea.

"Is she gauging me?" Opal thought of this woman, Mari, who she had never met before. Opal's stunning words did nothing more than stem more stoic comments from the Alchemist as she continued her work. Opal then shifted her weight once more, her eyes trained on the pink haired female in front of her. It was true, Opal was a smart woman, but she didn't let her smarts cloud her judgment in over analysing someone either. Things didn't appear as they seem? Pfft, Opal shook her head lightly, only the curves of her lips showed a smile but her eyes showed annoyance and a more defiant nature to get that map data. 

Corking up the vial and giving it toss as she was speaking, Opal shifted one hand out and clasped the vial gently snatching it out of the air. As Mari continued to speak, Opal read the contents written on the paper. Her honey orbs shifting left and right and then back at the player in front of her, "So that's your game?" Opal said with a sight slight. Was this a challenge or something? What information did Mari want that could prove to be useful to her? 

Opal flicked the black tendrils of hair from off her shoulder as she moved towards the Alchemist and sat down opposite of the table she was at. The smell of her recent concoctions aromatized the air around them, some of the scents were alien in nature to Opal. She knew this Mari girl was already a good alchemist from what Lowenthal had said, but from mere examination of the senses, her arts were much, much higher in the fields than Opal had dreamed of. 

"If I drink this potion and reveal my 'worst memories' to you, how will that benefit either of us? You don't look like someone who would be willing to share their dark side for a stranger such as myself. Are you trying to find reasons to make your guilt go away by wallowing in someone else's nightmare besides your own? 'Maybe if the other person did something worse than me, than I wouldn't feel so guilty for what I have done?'" Opal verbally gave her thoughts out on the matter. Perhaps Mari was just a sick and twisted individual, maybe deep down inside...despite this harsh environment of total darkness, despite the ever consuming dread and guilt she had for her Orange Curse, despite the depravity of human soul that seemed to wither and die inside her...there was a leak of light or hope that was yearning to be sparked once again. A freedom to be a woman not chained to this bitter darkness around her. 

"Alright..." Opal moved her red lips to the cork, bit down with her pearly teeth and uncorked the bottle with a quick jerk of her head, and blowing out the cork in her lap, "Bottom's up, but I am an alchemist too, ya know. This might not even work on me..." The aroma from the vial smelled unusually clean and warm despite what the contents were originally made of. Opal would not back down from the pink haired alchemist though, if this is what got her off...then they would both reveal their inner demons right here and then with a simple kiss. 

Opal chugged the contents down with one gulp. The liquid ran down her throat as her eyes seemed to twitch slightly, she had figured coming from a Master Alchemist, there would have been an odd or strange sensation. But perhaps Opal was just immune to that. Getting on her knees, Opal's expression changed into a more flirtatious look. Hands on the table, Opal leaned forward releasing one hand as she brought it up towards neck and dragged her to her hot mouth. There the kiss ensued...as did the horrible nightmare that it caged.  

-

Notes: +1 Distraught Discovery
-1 Distraught Discovery, Opal's drank it. =/

Edited by Opal

Mari blinked, "Eh?" Did Opal assume Mari wanted to kiss her? Furthermore to use the potion? Mari could appreciate Opal's beauty, but that was not her intention. Mari had her fair share of intimate encounters within Aincrad, and she was not in the mood to partake in any more.  Mari wasn't taken aback by Opals verbal onslaught, if their positions were reversed Mari would have said near the exact same thing, the fact almost amused her - but she had more pressing matters at the forefront of her mind. "I think you got the wrong idea. I don't really give two sh*ts about your memories. Nor should you about mine. You're right, it won't do us anything, and I'd damn well rather you stay outta my head."  In hindsight, Mari should have forseen this, it was an easy mistake to make. After all, the pink haired Alchemist did throw the vial toward Opal. At most Mari figured Opal would keep it for herself - at no stage did Mari figure that the other woman would jump to such a dastardly conclusion.

It seemed as though Mari's discontent fell on deaf ears. Opal was more interested in doing whatever necessary to gain the information to complete a map of the 10th floor. Opal made a comment about how Mari's potion may not work on her, since she was an Alchemist too. It was a surprisingly rookie remark from Opal. "You're kidding right?" Mari scoffed in response to Opal's remark, and her action - watching her down it with a single gulp. Mari went to stand up, eyes widening.

"Oh my f**king god, you're not f**king kidd-mmph" 

Her words were silenced as she felt the veleteen touch of the other woman's lips hard against her own. Opals long, soft fingers entwined around the back of Mari's neck - pressing her deeper into the poisoned kiss, Mari gave another muffled sound of discontent - but it drowned out into a feeble murmur, she forced her eyes shut - expecting to relive her memory but what she saw was not her own.

Then....what did Opal see?

---
Opal see's the following thread through eyes as if they were her own
NB: Opal - I suggest reading the thread of the RP found here to give you better understanding of the memory I am really sorry I am linking you a thread instead of posting RP fodder; its 130am I am tired. xoox - OOC Mari
---

(

The last thing Opal had seen was the darkness of her eyelids as she pressed her lips to Mari's. As Opal slowly came to, she was in a void of nothingness. Pitch blackness stared at her all around, she was in the middle of this dark land. Soon enough wisps of light started to trickle through, visages of people came and went before her eyes. Opal could feel the overwhelming pain inside, not a physical pain but a mental one. But the pain was stronger than Opal could force to cope with...Her heart felt heavy as she was thrown into a forested location. 

A man and a little child by a tree and Mari in opposition.Opal stood as a phantom as the scene became bright and brighter as if she was inside the memory of the player. Opal watched the events unfold as she crossed her arms over her chest. The raven haired beauty watched with interest, yet the fire burning in her heart told her there was something horribly wrong with this scene. A dark mysterious player ran his blade into the little child, Opal's fingers turned inward into a fist, her knuckles felt like they were bruising up from the amount of pressure from the taught skin. Her nails dug into the soft folds of her flesh as she screamed, but her voice had left her. She was at the mercy of this memory, only to be an observer and nothing more. But she felt the pain and the emotion that boiled up in the pink woman's heart as this memory continued to further deep digger into the sins of man and his heinous actions. 

When that blade ripped through the little child, Opal's heart sank. She could only imagine if that was her brother lying there covered in that crimson on the ground. Opal would have been furious, mad and she would not have had let that player live any longer than he needed to be. The rage that burned in her seem to reflect in the eyes of the woman, but there was a horrible pain increasing with each passing moment. 

The memory continued with a words spoken, unfortunately, these words were corrupted from the memory given. Either Mari was in denial of the events, or she was suppressing the urge to remember the words spoken. Opal couldn't make out the voices, but she felt the feelings and that was the most powerful thing occurring right now. The katana wielder looked to Mari, the woman sobbing as the dark male seemed to laugh as if the echo of his voice resonated with that of a demon. It was purely sinsister and twisted deep to the core. The words slowly started to formulate, unearthing something that Opal did not expect. It was her daughter, laying there scared and damaged. Opal took several steps back, "No..." It was hard to swallow, but the dark figure was laughing and enjoying himself, was someone seriously that twisted in this world at one point?

The memory continued, the feelings pouring out of the woman until she finally got back to her feet. Rage and emotion unfurled like a volcano in the next instance, the dagger in her hand, the trembling of her body as she lunged to attack the player. Opal's eyes widened with both fear and rage until that very dagger had sheathed itself into the little girl. The memory was unclear, Opal could just see and sense that Mari stabbed her own daughter with her own blade. She gulped with a dry mouth, and her body slowly started to fade until it was within Mari's body, she was now seeing the experience through her very own eyes in first person. 

All of that emotion welled up inside of her, filling with guilt and pain. The memory blurred from both tears and the fading moments. Opal felt like vomiting but the pain and guilt persisted as she urged the bile down. Mari looked and heard another player approaching, but she was so distraught with her actions, she did not notice who it was. Opal could not control the movements of the body, she was just in it for the ride. However, that didn't stop her own heart from breaking as she watched as she cradled her daughter for the last moment, before her body became nothing more than shards of data and then nothingness. The memory continued with the mysterious player attacking the twisted fiend. A surge of emotion elevated from the scene as he died in a bloody mess. That twisted fool, that schemer had died by the hand of another, justice had been served. The memory started to fade into darkness and Opal was once again herself.

And like a loud pop, Opal fell backwards from within the tent, their lips coming undone as her eyes filled with panic and fear...She had no idea what to say to the woman, her words she spoke earlier now seemed horribly wrong to say. Opal sat there in utter silence, attempting to grasp the nature of the memory. Her eyes blurred with stinging tears, she had never expected something like that...Nothing. Like. That. 

--

OOC: Events of Torture; Opal's darkest memory.

Mari felt Opal’s grip around her neck tighten. The sweet taste of Opal’s tongue against her own was the last sensation Mari felt before a dizzying whoosh as she was thrown into Opal’s own horrific nightmare.

If Mari knew the extent of her own potion, she’d have been more forceful in pushing Opal away, alas – she was now trapped in a dark memory.

Her eyes fluttered open, and Mari quickly realized by the stinging sensation in her limbs that she was chained, body left dangling from the ceiling – and seemingly under the effects of paralysis.

She heard the loud noise of metal against metal, as a large steel door opened – and from it emerged two men.

From there…

From there Mari struggled – she felt torn apart. Ripped and tugged at both mentally and physically. She was all too familiar with such violence, such malevolent hunger and to relive it through another person’s eyes, in such repeated aggression hurt. Her body ached, and she wanted nothing more than for one of them to plunge their blade into her chest so she no longer felt anything. There was no reprive as she was beaten and bruised, used again and again as she was nothing more than a broken plaything. Mari almost believed that that, was all she was.

There was a reprise, as she was tenderly taken down – after a clash of blades but it was too late and the damage was done. She felt heavy and sick – she wanted to throw up. Her saviors meant well – but with every touch, she wanted to flinch away. She wanted to claw her way out of an unending hell; but at the same time she felt utterly useless, helpless –unable to move, unable to speak – after all, a doll wasn’t meant to do such things, it was meant to sit there and be used. Over. And Over. And Over.

There was a strong burst of emotions, fear, frustration, angst, then anger –unbelievable anger.

The two broke away from their kiss, Opal stumbled back, and Mari – still reliving the long horrors of the memory slumped forward, her head hitting the table, hard. Her body convulsed, but beyond that there was little movement from the petite woman, just a low groan.

The two had each experienced things that no one person should ever have to experience, nor have to share in such intimate detail, it was a cruel potion. Perhaps one of the cruelest Mari had crafted to date – and she had experienced it’s effects first hand.

Mari was initially furious with Opal. She didn’t appreciate having another person force themselves on her, she was going to make a quip about it, but now…now it seemed inappropriate, any barbed words that Mari had intended to utter had fallen flat.

Finally, she moved.

Mari balled her fists, her anger directed at an unknown man. It was the first time she had felt anything so strongly in a long, long time. It was a swirling ball of concentrated, heated anger, and it made her hurt. Her hands ached, her arms ached – and it wasn’t from the memory she had so unwillingly experienced. It was from the unadulterated contempt she felt. It washed over her and made her eyes burn with heated tears, it made her head pound and her ears ring as her heart pumped adrenaline through her veins.

The pink haired PKer slowly lifted her head from the table. Blue eyes fell onto Opal – she wanted to demand more information from the girl, who was this man again? Was he still alive?

In that moment Mari wanted nothing more than to kill him. To willingly wish death upon a person… it was a new feeling, and it was almost exhilarating. 

It took all her willpower not to question the other woman on the whereabouts of her assailant. Mari took a few deep breaths in a very clear attempt to calm herself down. She wasn’t sure what to do or say, and the moment required one of the two woman to say something, so Mari – in her typical Mari fashion, shut her eyes and with a sigh muttered under her breath.

“I want him dead...”

The expression was clear enough before her eyes were lost behind the darkness of her eyes. Opal had seen eyes like that before. The rage, the tension, the need for annihilation. She saw those same eyes in the mirror when the events occurred. But Opal, she sighed and shook her head. Her tribulation was nigh compared to the turmoil the pink PKer had gone through. The loss of her daughter by a mad man. This is what Lindow fought for, to protect the world from PKers like that. Had she given into her rage and ill temper back then, she would have been no different than the man in her memories. Opal shifted uneasily when she heard the woman speak, her voice detached as before, "And what will that do for me or anyone else?" 

Opal shifted once more, one knee on the ground, both hands on her laps and then rose steadily. The effects of the potion were now filtering out of her system, she felt composed and in control of her own body and could create her own words, "Don't you think... it's time that you forgave yourself? I have put the memory of my past behind me, because I look to the future now. Yes, the scars of the memories will always remain and they are haunting at times. How often do you cry yourself to sleep in remembrance of your daughter? Isn't it enough that you have dreams of what she was like when you two were together? Before all this [censored] happened? Back in a time when there was happiness? You can wallow in pity, or you can do something about it. You think the men who did that to me...are any better than the others out there? How many others occupy this world with the same sick impulses? How many other daughters have died in the name of sick psychopaths? We are not all exempt from our crimes, so blood can't be washed out from our hands. But we can move on..." The woman took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. 

"Its easy to get angry, it easy to hate someone...But it's difficult to forgive and to move on. My words probably will fall on deaf ears. But I know I can make a difference for someone now, because I am stronger. That's my responsibility. I am sorry to have disturbed you, Mari. Perhaps under different circumstances..." Opal eyed the flap of the tent and moved her small fingers through the dark tresses of hair, pulling a lock behind her ear before looking back at her, "...Move on, Mari. Get out of here and look for redemption in another way. You can stay orange if that is what you want, but you can still be a better person...be the person your daughter would have wanted you to be." 

Opal turned, expressionless as she turned on the ball of her foot and began towards the opening of her tent, "It is hard...to forgive... and to move on. Am I so naive to think that? When I still have so much anger in me now?"  

Opal gave a sigh, as she shifted her position on the carpeted ground, she spoke words - most likely the wisest words Mari had heard in a long time, and Mari wasn't sure if that said more about Opal, or about the company Mari kept. "It'd make me feel better." Mari muttered, before promptly adding, "probably.." at the end of it. She knew the words were uttered out of anger, and it had not subsided. 

The other woman slowly stood, black hair cascading over her shoulders - and she asked Mari in a tone that the pink haired woman couldn't pick. Was it sincerity? Sorrow? Apathy? The pink haired woman couldn't pick it, she asked questions Mari couldn't answer - because the truth seemed far more grim than the alternative. Mari didn't cry herself to sleep. She simply slept. "We weren't together." Mari interrupted. Not caring that the other woman was attempting to make her way out of the tent. "That man. Uriel. I knew him in the real world." Mari set her elbows on the table, blue eyes shifting to the side as she twirled a  strand of pink hair around and around her index finger. "He was the lawyer to my ex - and helped organize a buyout of the court, so my ex could take custody of my newborn child. Of Evelyn. That day, was the first time I had seen her since they had ripped her from my arms in that dank, corrupt court of supposed law. So I know very well what kind of sick people occupy both worlds. "

Mari silenced herself, seeing the other girl speak, however she didn't complete her sentence, under different circumstances? Did Opal insinuate that they may be friends? That they may have gotten along? Mari felt as though she was past that point now - she didn't feel the need to get close to anyone. Why bother? Especially in a world where death runs rampant. "She's the only reason I haven't gone and slaughtered everything in my way." Mari mused, watching as Opal pushed the flap open to leave her tent. "You say such words - but if you came across him, would you be strong enough to abide by them?" Mari asked- of course, if Opal stepped out now - Mari wouldn't mind.

The pink haired PKer knew she would be back, she didn't get the one thing she had stuck around for, the one thing she had drunk that potion for, the map data.

"I know I wouldn't." Mari whispered in response to her own question, if she would ever come across him, she'd murder him. Mari knew the memories weren't her own, but the rage she felt, that was hers, and the potion had thrust the memory onto Mari as though she had lived it herself...yes...Mari was certain that if she came across him, he'd be the first player that Mari would ever willingly kill. 

Opal caught the tail end of the last words Mari had said as the flap of the tent had closed. Opal stood there looking out into the darkness, only the low lit lanterns in town could be seen from the distance along with whatever was immediately in front of her. The luminous mist began to scatter once more around her illuminating her path, should she decide to walk away. Opal slipped a hand through her ebony strands and wondered if Mari's final words to her would be true? If she ever saw Sensui, could she forgive him for what he had done? Opal bit her lower lip in a sort of anger and scoffed, forgiveness...it was so difficult, so much more difficult to hate. And that is what Opal wanted to discover about herself, until then however, these mixed emotions were something she had to deal with until that moment came to fruition. 

Opal pressed a hand to her head and looked upwards and saw nothing but darkness all around. It was a sickly despairing place, complete with silence and depression. Opal almost choked; it was indeed depressing and the memories she had been given thanks to that potion were still tender and fresh in her mind. Clearing her throat, the woman began to walk back to Yomi, the town with the scattered light. There was rarely anything available in the stores, however, she only needed one thing and it seemed to be a bit cheaper than it was on other floors; alcohol. This is the one thing that made Opal feel better at night when the memories of her past were strong and haunting. Perhaps...to clear up this depressing matter, she could drink away for the night and perhaps Mari, a woman she barely knew, but now felt a odd bond with could do with the same. Buying two large cheap barrels of the cheap alcohol, Opal marched in tow; one in each arm hefted over her shoulders back to Mari's tent. She was probably not expecting Opal to return and Opal was not sure if she wanted to go back after what she had said.

Nonchalantly, "All these memories of the past are depressing as [censored]..." Opal had entered the tent once more, standing in front of Mari with these two massive barrels of alcohol, a light smile on her face, "But I could sure use a drink...or ten after all that. I don't like to drink alone, so I am dubbing you my drinking partner for tonight..." Shifting one leg, she knelt down and dropped each one on the floor. With her hands, the woman pried the top of the first barrel off and looked around the tent. Materializing two tankards that came with the barrels of alcohol, Opal scooped each one with the frosty liquid and placed one down on the table and slid it towards Mari, "I bet...I can drink you under the table," Opal challenged, a heavy thud towards the ground as she sat down on a nice textured pillow. The last time she had done this was at Beoreson's Grand Re-Opening of his shop. She had got so [censored] faced with Mack and Pierra's Moonshine, she had woken up to quite a surprise. This time...there was no moonshine involved, but Opal would be damned to allow this Pink PKer to out drink her. 

• 1 month later...

The erratic whirlwind that was Opal, and the subsequent encounter with her was over as quickly as it had began. Mari rubbed her eyes, suddenly feelin very tired. It was an emotional roller coaster, one she didn't particularly want to experience. Mari barely wanted to deal with her own dark memories, let alone being burdened with those of another. Mari balled her other hand into a fist, adrenaline still coursing through her body, well - the sensation of it at least.

Mari sat like that, a stoic ball of anger, and of pain till she was able to steady her breathing. "Right..." She muttered as she stood - un-equipping the tight black latex and equipping the metallic, thorny pink armour that people had familiarized themselves with, when they thought of the small, pink haired PKer. Opal was right about a few things, one of them being that Mari had become a little complacent, Mari didn't want to bother with the noise of the frontlines, not yet - but even she had to admit that being cooped up in her tent creating toxic concoctions was becoming tiresome. She was growing restless, but - just as she was about to shift out from behind her Alchemic Desk none other than Opal barged back in, two large wooden barrels on either shoulder.

"You're wha-?" 

It seemed that the Opal storm had not yet subsided. Mari simply stared at the raven haired woman in shock. Mari didn't have a chance to refuse Opal's ambitious demands, she had to quickly scramble to grab the wooden tankard before it flew completely off the low set table and into a pile of materials. That'd be the last thing she'd need. Alcoholic materials.

"Actually...that's not a bad idea..." She mused to herself, making a mental note to create a potion that would make you immediately drunk. It''d save the effort of drinking.

Speaking of...

Mari stared distastefully down at the yellowed, frothing liquid in her hands. She was not a fan of beer. Her nose wrinkled as she swished the tankard around before lifting it to smell the bitter aroma. Why couldn't she have bought wine? Hell...even goon would have sufficed. Mari glanced up from her drink as Opal threw herself down onto one of the many pillows, making herself right at home before proclaiming that she'd drink Mari under the table. 

"I'm not a heavy drinker. I don't doubt that you would." Mari admited with a sigh as she bought up her menu - closing her store for the night. Both her and Opal could leave at their leisure, but at least no one else would wander on on and interrupt them, then, she took off her armour - quickly replacing it with a small, black lace nightgown. If she was going to drink literal piss, she may as well be comfortable doing it. "I don't know what to think of you." Mari muttered as she sat down opposite Opal.

"You know..." She began, blue eyes fluttering down to the liquid, giving out another dismayed sigh as she bought the liquid closer to her lips. "I don't even like beer."