Floor 11: Taft's Spring Festival COMPLETE

"No...still no good."

After going by more than a few of the trees within the city's limits Calrex had yet to find one shade that would be what he was looking for. Dropping back down to the ground from another thick branch the bluenette's hair stayed up for a short period of time, as if to defy gravity from the force of his landing. Standing back up his hair fell back down into its normal styling as he looked around, "Maybe there's a flower tree outside of the safe zone that might be suitable. Most of there are not close to the color I'm looking for, or are too blue or red."

Scratching the back of his head he looked back at the festivities and the lights that seemed to follow him as he left the gates of Taft into the field zone. Surprisingly, it didn't take long for him to find a tree that matched the color he was looking for, "Alright...now to find a good flower that's in full bloom for it."

Looking over at Roc as the peregrine falcon hovered above Calrex leapt up onto the lowest supportive branch, looking left and right, "Shoot...am I catching this right at the end of its blooming period? Most of there are starting to wilt."

"Talk about bad timing or luck."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazarus ravenously devoured most if not all the sweets on twenty tables, by that time he was actually full for once in his life. "Sugary heaven..." Now that that was done, he'd probably tour the area on search for some more sweets for his stash, or play some games to win prizes that were appealing to the eye. "So you're telling me to throw this dart at that target?" The booth owner looked at him in pain, "Yeah... Some girl threw that dart at my bosoms." Must've been painful he thought. "Alright, I'm going to hit it in the center for your cause hun!" Lazarus pulled his arm back and flung it towards the center of the target, aiming for a bulls eye on the tiny board. "Sugar..." He hit it directly and smiled, "Now what am I going to get?" The booth owner handed him over a kitsune mask and sighed with relief. "At least my bosoms aren't hurt."

ID#49927
Loot 19

+1 Kitsune Mask

Edited by Lazarus

Zandra watched the festival. Even if it was a game, it was so detailed. Kayaba real was something else. She was standing at a corner off a house so she could see both the warp gate. But also one of the streets with booths on the sides. There was so much to see. The round lamps, the sorl from the countless players and NPC made. She felt the smell from several exotic food-dishes, she wanted to try them all, and herd loud shout here and there when someone won or lost in one of the games. She was quite exited to try some of them. Not common ones like dart and hitting with club to get a ding. No. She wanted to try foreigen games, like that catch goldfishes with some kind on miniracket made of paper. If just Jomei could arrive.

She felt something on her shoulder. When she turned her head to look what it was, she looked into a familiar owl's eyes."Well hello there Adere. Good to see you. Zita is on the roof tops if you want to play with her." A loud eagle-cry was herd when an eagle-shaped shadow greeted the two newly arrivals. Next she felt a pair of lips on her cheek. She turned her head that way instead. A pair of green, human eyes met her this time. It took less the a moment to recognize them. A smile appeared on her lips from ear to ear."No, not at all." She placed her hands on his chins, closed her red eyes and and placed her lips on his. She held him so for several seconds before easing the grip and held her arms on his waist instead, looking into his eyes with a more then happy expression on her face."Sorry."she blushed."Maybe I overdid it a little. I just feel so happy today."

Edited by Zandra

Lowenthal smiled back as Shizuka smiled at him. He could tell that she was surprised that he had brought her a croquette. But it seemed that it wasn't her favorite thing in the world. "Well, it was nothing." Lowenthal said, as Shiz thanked him for the treat. Lowenthal laughed. "It looked like you were waiting for me to show up. Which I will say. That I'm glad I did." He said, as Shizuka took his hand. He blushed, as she began to drag him away. Lowenthal laughed, as caught up to Shizuka's speed. She wanted to get a traditional kimono, which made sense. Girls always wanted to look pretty, well most of them at least. "Was there any you had in mind? Or maybe a colour?" Lowenthal asked, as Shizuka returned to a walking speed.

EETd2LZ.png

Opal had found herself in Taft, the Spring Festival happening all around her. She was unsure if she was going to participate in the activities and came alone as well. Normally the woman would had found herself a date for such an event, but with Teselmar being busy and...well, that was all she could say about that. Smooth a single hand over the oriental dress the adorned her body, Opal made her way towards the masses of the crowd, not finding anyone familiar at first. She ventured out into the NPC boothes and looked at all the fancy items that were for sale. She smiled kindly at the shop keepers, but she didn't linger that long until she found what she was truly wanting. 

"Oh man...there is always alcohol at these events..." the woman ordered a cup of beer, the amber liquid fizzing for a moment as it settled in her cup. She deposited the required amount and turned around carefully avoiding being hit by the many children running around and playing. She sighed and moved towards a small bench to seat herself. Shifting one leg over the other, she sat there and took in the cold contents and her eyes fluttered at the mild alcoholic sensation she received from the brew. White eyes shined through her scarlet streaked hair as she fanned herself with a cosmetic item she had while staying with Master Myoga. She didn't feel as fancy as the others wearing the traditional Kimono. In all honesty, she had thought about wearing hers as well but the memories of the past that haunted her and the passing of her Master...she ended up going against the grain wearing a dress that matched the theme none the less. Smoothing out the dress with a hand, the Vice Commander did some people watching while enjoying her beverage, not expecting too much from the interaction of others. 

"What are you talking about? I wasn't waiting for anyone."  Shizuka said, embarrassed that the man could tell that she was waiting for him. Indeed, she had been waiting for the man but she had not wanted the man to know as that was quite an embarrassing thing. Just after Shizuka dragged Lowenthal away, a girl pounced upon Shizuka and began to hug her. At first, Shizuka didn't realize who the girl was and found it strange that someone had the urge to come by and give her a hug but soon, after Shizuka thought back, she realized that the younger girl was Himeko. She was someone that Shizuka met for a brief time in a tavern somewhere and the time was brief because right after Shizuka introduced herself, Zelrius, the blonde commandant, had appeared in the tavern and that immediately caused Shizuka to jump out of the window like James Bond. Himeko could be seen as being the complete opposite of Shizuka if it was Shizuka from perhaps a day ago. Indeed, she was definitely feeling better. Lowenthal's presence and the mood of the spring festivals were enough to boost Shizuka's emotional aspect and hence, she was definitely a lot more undepressed than before. Still, she was a calm, unenergetic girl who was gentle and afraid of hurting herself, unlike Himeko who was young, innocent, and always full of energy that caused her to bounce all over the place. "How I do my hair?" Shizuka repeated, surprised that she had been asked such an awkward question in the middle of a spring festival. "Well, back in the real world... I had my hair dyed pink due to certain wishes from my father and from different modelling companies, my hair became what it is. I used to have blonde hair you know." Shizuka said, finding that she was beginning to speak a lot more than she had done just a few days ago. Well, this is nice. Shizuka thought. It's nice to know that I can make people hate me less now. "Uhm. Let me introduce you two. Uh, this is Lowenthal, he's uhm....." Shizuka began to speak once again while blushing and looking to the ground and pointing at Lowenthal. "... A friend. Lowenthal, this is Himeko, she's someone that I met in a tavern not that long ago."

Edited by Shizuka

Lowenthal smiled as Himeko, very happily, gripped Shizuka in a hug. He had met the girl before, and had saved from a group of orange players with the help of Calrex. Lowenthal could only grin as Shizuka talked about her modeling career back in the real world. Much better occupation then his own, working in a lemonade stand in a mall. But perhaps it was better. From her description it sounded like Shizuka was a doll, a plaything to be dressed up and paraded around just so the company can make money. He blinked once as Shizuka introduced him. "Nice to see you again Himeko, I'm glad you're well. You're staying out of trouble I hope?" Lowenthal asked the girl. "I'm sure Calrex is around here, he'd be happy to see you as well." Lowenthal said, remembering that he had ditched Calrex from earlier. Lowenthal looked at Shizuka, and gave her a smile. He laughed at himself slightly, after he had just noticed that both of the girls had pink hair. Maybe he should get pink hair himself, be part of the in crew. Which made him chuckle some more.

The teen warped into Taft from the first floor. Never having been this high in Aincrad, he held an expression of uncertainty on his face. He read in the invitation that players were commonly seen wearing attire fitting of the eastern culture. With the help of a local tailor on the first floor, Lycan was able to secure a temporary Haori that would last the duration of the event. It hung loosely on him and felt more like a fancy robe than anything else. Even in his pseudo kendo practices, he wore a Gi since they were more common to come by in the America's than Haori. With a dark, navy on the top, and accents of deep crimson below, Lycan stepped into Taft for the first time.

Paper lanterns decorated between the buildings, yet to be lit. Soft, pink petals drifted in the breeze as most of the trees in the area were in full spring blossom. Girls were dressed in beautiful dresses of varying color with ornate hair decorations and accessories. Luckily, the men also wore attire similar to Lycan's and he let out a relieved sigh.

"Whew... bad enough I'm barely level five. Would have been horrible to stand out visually as well up here..." he muttered.

Then, with his head head high and a curiosity in his heart, Lycan joined the festivities. His first stop: the various vendor stands and games.

"Christ! Sorry!" Vayrin yelled nervously as the giant hammer in her hand had seemed to move her body mass around with its own weight. Some of the NPC's ducked from its swing, as Vayrin fought hard to get it back into its normal position. She gave a tired huff as she finally managed to pull it over on the ground in front of her. She looked back up at the common game that seemed to attract a lot of attention. It was the classic "Hit the hammer on the mallet and see how far you  can launch the object" game, or whatever. She didn't actually know the name of them, but she had seen them around. With this, she quickly opened her menu, and put her weapon in her inventory. She looked back up and smirked. With a furious yell, the girl used all her strength and swung the hammer over her head, slamming onto the mallet with much force. She gazed at the machine, her eyes widened with excitement when the object had bounced all the way to the top. She smilled and raised her hands. "HAHA! I actually did it! I didn't think I could but I di- Oh?" the girl stopped her praise when she noticed a notification pop up in front of her. It was an item. Her smile only grew wider as she quickly pressed accept. The NPC running the game looked slightly confused as her observed Vayrin. She gave no evidence of such physical strength, being a regular young girl without much muscle. Then again, this was a game where you could fight monsters 3x your size and come out still breathing. She smirked as she walked away, stretching her arm out, preparing to find some other game to play.

ID#: 49971

LD: 19 [+1 Kitsune Mask]

Jomei returned the unexpected, tender kiss with closed eyes and warm cheeks. After a couple of moments, he felt the girl pull away and he did the same, a soft smile on his face and half closed eyes. "No need to apologize Zan. You know I don't mind that." he gave the girl a wink. He stood up straight and took a step back, looking at the girl again. "You know.. you really should wear that more often." he rubbed the back of his neck and grinned sheepishly. His cheeks turned pink, "You really do look amazing."  

He took the girls hand and walked past her, "Anyways, lets go check out the festival. Looks like theres a lot going on. So no time to waste!" Jomei slowed his pace to let the girl catch up to him, still holding onto her hand, his fingers laced between hers. As they approached the streets that were lines with tented kiosks, Jomei's eyes lit up. He felt like a little kid going to a carnival. He looked over to Zandra, "So, what do you want to do first?"

@Opal

Baldur, dressed in his usual sunset colored light armor, and his blue haori with white flames licking up from the bottom sat down on the bench next to Opal. He was holding a small jug of sake by the leather thong, but it appeared to be unopened. The man had a bit of a world weary expression about his face and shoulders. When he sat, he merely perched on the corner of the bench as if trying to give Opal as wide a berth as he could.

"Gomen." He said softly to her as he sat down on the bench. He navigated the saya of his katana to not hit the bench with the deft grace of someone who was used to walking around in crowds with the weapon. It was almost as if it was his rudder, and that wouldn't have been far from the truth these days.

"Just need a place to sit for a while. I can't believe how many people turned out for this." He hesitated, and then continued softly as if to himself, "though perhaps I should have."

His steel blue eyes surveyed the crowd before him as they shuffled past, winning games and buying supplies and vanity items, food and drink, and meeting with friends. Baldur couldn't work out if he was hoping to see someone he recognized, or worried about it.

Nursing her drink in one hand, one leg over the other the woman watched a male player take a seat at the opposite side of the bench she was sitting on. He kept his distance from her out of respect no less as she smiled towards him and lifting her cup in greeting. She continued to stare blankly at the mass of people coming and going before her as she just watched them walk by. She was not used attending events such as these as a single lady, always a date on someone's arm, but now...it just seemed more favored to go about this alone. 

Her face turned as the man spoke, she mused to his comment about the many people, "Well, it is important to have some time to relax once in awhile. People need some familiarity to cope with the stresses of this world. Events like this where you can laugh and have a good time. We don't get too many of these days when you are struggling to survive on a day to day basis," the woman brought her cup to her red lips taking a healthy dose of her alcoholic beverage. With a swift flick of her tongue, she licked the remnants off her lips savoring the flavor of her amber colored beer. Once more her eyes were on the coming and goings of the people, even some wearing the Kitsune Masks she had heard from the event, or the number of flower pins in the young women's hair. 

Opal was unsure of what she was expecting out of the event, she had yet to see anyone familiar...but then again, it wasn't such a bad idea to meet someone new. Once more she turned to the person that occupied the bench, "No date?" she asked. 

KazuAnaka entered the festival area and breathed in the fresh air. "I'm sure Kouta would love this, he'd probably even feint once he sees this. Wait, where is he anyways?" Kazuki looked around him and spotted a boy with headphones running straight at him. "Oh boy, really Kouta? Fashionably late as always." He took out a cream bun from his inventory and tossed it at Kouta, "Enjoy that, I bought that for you. Don't choke on it either." Kazuki could see the change happening in Kouta, he became more mature, but stayed true to his old self. In his heart, KazuAnaka was proud of him, at least for now that is.

Kazuki shouts at the sight of the cream bun and breaks out in full sprint to catch it. "THANKS FOR THE BUN KAZUKI!" Kouta catches the bun in his mouth and has a whip cream moustache on his mouth. He licks his lips and puts him arm over Kazuki, "How'd you know those were my favorite Kazuki? Oh yeah, you're my best friend, that's why!" Kouta took in a few breaths and stared at the games the festival had, he tugged at Kazuki's arm and said "Hey Kazuki, want to play some?"

"Date?" Baldur said as if the thought had actually surprised him. He hadn't actually thought of the event that way. He had come here to see if there happened to be any surprise event quests lurking around like the valentines event last year. It had been the last quest he had gone on with friends. He had thought to ask Lessa, the one friend he had reconnected with since he had made his 'return' to civilization, but had decided to just show up and see who he would find... and also because he wanted to get some of the special sake he had heard about from one of the first people to show up. It was not exactly his choice of alcoholic beverages, but it had a sacred connotation and he had planned to use it ritualistically later.

"No, no date... I've been... going through an anti-social phase lately... " he didn't know how else to phrase it to a stranger. "I'm just not used to crowds yet... but you are right... these situations are good to help people release some of the stress that builds up when you're fighting for your life every day..." He looked around at the lights and the music and partook of the wonderful scent of food. Was there such beauty around them because of the threat of death, or in spite of it.

"What about you? Are you waiting for someone?"

Edited by Baldur

The woman gave a hearted smile to the man on his statement about being ant-social, "It is strange how that works in the world, isn't it? When I left for my training in the mountains for a few months, I had come back as a very anti-social person. Honestly, the training changed me much as a person, but I honestly had more hate towards people and their annoying habits. I still have much of that hate bottled up inside of me, but I am slowly letting go. I was one such as a social butterfly before all that began, I loved people. I loved being surrounded by them, being in the spotlight. But now I just like peace and quiet..." 

The woman switched the position of her legs, one silky smooth one over the other as she took another drink of her cup finding the contents to be emptied with her last gulp. Sighing lightly and brushing her thumb against her lips, the woman shook her head, "Well that's a funny story. I have a boyfriend actually...but I don't think he has the time to go out of his way to come here. I honestly don't know why I came to be honest..." 

Opal looked around and smiled back at the man, "I don't think we have ever met. My name is Opal, Vice---Well, titles aren't really important here, are they?" The woman smoothed her dress out while the cup she held pixelated from her hands as the contents were now empty. Sweeping a trail of fingers over her hair over one ear, the woman returned her attention to the person, "I don't suppose you can tell me what is in that jug of yours, must be better than the beer I was drinking. I know for one thing, if I am going to be single tonight, I am definitely gonna make a fool of myself and drink all night." 

Zelrius had heard about the festival from off hand comments from the NPCs he passed by on his regular visits to the Cathedral on Taft, through he never once heard a day for it or specific time. That was, until he woke up the first morning of March to find a message, among others, in his inbox. This one wasn't the usual from Kiru or Ssendom, no, instead it was from the System, reminding him that the Spring Festival was in fact on this day. Though 'reminding' was the wrong phrase there, given Zelrius himself had never even heard of the god damned Day itself. With that, he got out of bed, and headed down to the Festival. The Golden haired Commandant wasn't dressed in his usual attire; Today only donning the Golden 'Z' tuxedo that Kiru had given to him on his birthday. Named, of course, because of the little golden threaded Z on his left lapel. No Cloak, No swords on either hip, No Pendants dangling around his neck, No Helm on his head, and most of all; No arrogant grin.

With that, Zelrius found himself down in the midsts of the Festival of Taft, only to see within moments an old man carrying a rather large crate. The golden haired boy sighed, How generic all this sh!t looks, They ripped this straight from an Anime or literally any RPG with storyline events like this, He thought to himself as he observed and glanced about the area. The old man carrying the crate had came and gone, without Zelrius paying any real mind to him other than something left in the trail he just walked. When the Hero went to investigate, a small window popped up saying it was a Firework. The boy grinned, putting it away in his inventory and making his way between the tents.

It appeared everyone was in some kind of signature attire, which Zelrius himself had no interest in partaking in, more than comfortable in his Tuxedo and bowtie. With that, Zelrius headed over to a Dart throwing game, unexactly sure what else to do. The NPC running the game told him how to play and even gave the boy a free starting dart. He sighed, equipping his Gloves of Midas and aiming the dart at the board on the other side of the stand.
ID 50036 LD 4+5 S&D = 9+3 LD from GoM = 12. Hit. (Confirmed with Jomei, Buffs do apply)

The dart met the mark and Zelrius was handed a Kitsune mask, of which he had no interest and simply stored it in his inventory for a later date. With his expression now changing from the happy and relaxed smile he had, it fell into a flat and bored scowl. The dart game was lame, and completely showed how lame the Festival was so far. The boy turned to leave before catching the familiar sight of white hair, and with a grin he walked on over to Manta to talk to her. "Hey Manta, I was going to wait to do this until later, but since I have a free moment, I was wondering if you and I can go for a walk and talk a bit?"

Edited by Zelrius

Having an already prominent buzz going from his earlier celebration with his mentor for a successful hunt, the golden haired spearman materialized on in the Town of Taft. He had heard that the spring festival was in full swing and rather than drink in a not so crowded bar, Lawfer decided it was appropriate for him to make an appearance. Before stopping off, he made sure to stop by a local tailor and picked up a blue patterned sleeveless haori to go over his shirt. It wasn’t very traditional, but the spearman had tried to modernize the look by wearing a loose fitting shirt and pants that accented the flow of the haori. Staring off into the brightly lit town, full of kimono wearing beauties he smiled. “Now this is what I call a festival.” He said aloud as he began walking about the town. It was his first time in Taft and he couldn’t have picked a better day. The streets were hustling and bustling, filled with vendors and games.

“Now that looks like a fun prize.” He stated as he noticed the men, women and children walking around with their new masks. “I might have to make sure I get one of those.” He continued as he happened upon a woman making hair pins. She was beautiful that was for sure, and so were the little trinkets that she made.

“Well hello there.” The woman said as she looked up at the blue-eyed spearman. “Hi there beautiful lady. I’m a big fan of those hair pins. Did you make them yourself?” Lawfer responded with a wink, not realizing that she was an NPC yet. The effects of the massive amounts of alcohol he had consumed were making more of an effect then he realized.

As the NPC blushed, she responded. “Why thank you. Yes I did. Why don’t you pick one of the cherry blossoms from the tree and I’ll make a special one for you.” Impressed by the woman’s response, Lawfer walked over to the tree with a bit of a sway. ‘Hmmm…. I think I may have had too much with Raise.’ The man thought to himself as he reached up and picked the largest cherry blossom he could find on the low hanging trees. Handing it over to the woman, he smiled. AS she spun the group of cherry blossoms into at hairpin, Lawfer watched in drunken amazement.

“All done.” She said with a smile as she stood, and walked up to the spearman. Pulling his long hair back to the side, she pinned it back with the cherry blossom hairpin. “Now you have something to remember the festival by.” At that moment, Lawfer had finally realized that the artisan was an NPC…. ‘Darn my luck.’ He thought to himself as he sighed, he knew that most of the vendors would be NPC’s but had he realized it sooner he wouldn’t have been so apt to hang around. “Thank you.” He responded with a smile. “Have a good night.”

Hurrying along, Lawfer stopped in front of the various game stalls trying to decide where he would compete for his mask. Catching sight of a beverage stall, his attention was refocused. “I think its time for a refill. Then onto the games!” he commented with a smirk on his face.

Spoiler

25452013676_4f408856e2_o.jpg

A blue sphere of light formed near the warp gate in Taft on the eleventh floor of Aincrad. When the light congealed and dispersed, a teenage girl dressed in a pastel blue and purple kimono appeared. Her long blond hair, usually tossed over one shoulder, was gathered and pinned loosely into a bun with a pink lotus blossom. She held her hands nervously in front of her, and kept her balance on the geta she wore. Snow had lived in the Town of Beginnings for nearly all of her Sword Art Online career. To see the girl venture to the higher floors was nothing short of a miracle. Especially as done up as she was.

Snow took her first few steps into the foreign safe zone, and took in her surroundings. The buildings, reminiscent of Rome or similar European influence, were adorned with all manner of flowers, plants, paper lanterns, and colorful accessories. Players strode around in attire common in Japan's own Spring Festivals. Small games in canvas tarpped stalls waited for children and couples alike. Vendors and local cooks busied away in small mobile grills, handing out takiyaki and other various snack foods. Performers lived up their trade, filling the air with lovely music and collecting Col from generous donors.

Snow took a deep breath and joined the festivities. In an effort to avoid seeming out of place, the girl found herself a bench along the main stretch of activity and took a seat. She tended to the lotus pin in her hair that began to slip from her stride over. She gathered a few more bunches of light gold locks and pinned her messy bun back in place. This time, it might hold for the rest of the evening. With her hands in her lap, she let herself relax. For a moment, it felt as though they were no longer in a game. People smiled and couples blushed.

Snow felt, for the first time in two years, like she was free. Content, she continued to people watch, blissfully relaxed and warmly smiling.

Manta held the strange bask up to her face, marveling at the craftsmanship before remembering that they were in a game and it was a system made object. Still, someone had taken the time to design it, and that was impressive enough. She lowered it as she heard Zelrius's voice approaching, addressing her directly.She attached the mask to the belt on her skirt and looked over at him. She wasnt one to say no to one of her commandants, and it wasnt like she still had the same view of Zelrius as she had had before they had gone scouting together. She smiled at him. She wanted to continue walking around the festival, as cliched as it was, but the odds were that what Zelrius wanted to say wouldnt take long. "Sure Zel." She replied, gesturing for him to lead the way.