[OP-F1] Touring town

Eth was taking a short stroll through the rustic settlement of F1, a floor he spent little time visiting these days. Groaning, he would complain - "Gahhh.. I'm so bloody bored!" Noticing one of the numerous bulletin boards scattered around his interest would be piqued. Leaning in and gently moving some low-level players aside who were chatting about taking on a boss. One of them - wearing tacky golden armor - would sneer; "What do you think you're doing buddy?!" Suddenly, the tacky-man would pull a shortsword that looked like it had come out of a bargain bucket. Eth would turn his head, not wanting to waste time he waits until the last possible second before tearing his eyes from the board. With a sigh, he scratches his beard. "Yeah? What do you want?"

Edited by Ethereal

Baldur was a tall man wearing a white haori, and thick red and golden heavy woven armor beneath, with a rather futuristic looking Katana at his hip, and an expression on his face that said he was more inconvenienced than worried. He took the tip of the blade of the rather rude player and flicked it to the side.

"Look, unless you're stupid enough to duel him, you can't use that in the city. Now get lost." Then, with complete indifference, he brushed passed the player to stand next to Etheral and review the board. Had Ethereal been wearing his impressive armor, Baldur would not have been able to see his face, nor would some newbie been likely to pick a fight with him. So since his face was visible, Baldur caught a glimpse of it from the corner of his eye.

"Gomen, but you seem familiar. Have we met before? I am Baldur."

Tack-man would seem crestfallen. It seems arrogance olny stretches so far and as soon as this newcomer started getting involved he was out. He would give one final sneer before trudging away, head held high. Ethereal smirks as Baldur told him to "Get lost" and quips "Kids who think they're ready for the front lines.. Gonna get himself killed one of these days." The bearded man would nod his thanks and holds out his hand for a shake, "Name's Ethereal but everyone calls me Eth. We might have met before..? I've been taking a break in the mountains for a while so I apologise if I've forgotten you. I used to be in the Crimson Inquisition and Square One if that helps."

Edited by Ethereal

Baldur shook the man's hand firmly and with confidence and gave him a slight bow of his head as well. The man was a bit rough around the edges, but that wasn't too unlike himself right now. He had just brushed off that player who was, as Eth pointed out, likely to get himself or someone else killed in the future. A slight frown passed across Baldur's face as he turned his head to watching the retreating fool, but he turned it back to his new acquaintance. 

"Square One you say? I am familiar with many of their members. Oikawa and I go very far back, as do I and most of the founding members... though come to think of it I have not seen any of them in a long time."

Baldur rubbed the side of his chin with this thumb, "But that must be why your face and name seem familiar. I also used to run Catfish Sundries, it used to be the only general store in town. I just unboarded the doors and windows recently, so to speak. So, how are you doing these days now that you've come down from the mountain to rejoin civilization."

Baldur just casually didn't mention that he had just done the exact same thing himself.

"Woah! Did somebody just say blood!" Ranmura jumped and ran up to Ethereal with her smiling (Her smiling face is permanent) face and said "Wow, what are you? You're obviously not a boar because if you were, your meat would be in my belly. Oh my god! Is that a beard? Now that we're in a group at this campfire, let's tell stories! When I was a child I used to dissect little foxes, aren't they cuuute? I used to try to bathe in Blood, but I shouldn't tell you that. Hey, do you like jokes? Why did the pig commit suicide? Because it was boared of life! Nya ha ha! You like jokes like that right?" She continued to go on about blood as she repeatedly poked his beard while smiling (Permanently smiling face).

Edited by Ranmura

The door slammed behind her with an unceremonious thud. A few patrons turned in their seats to follow the noise, but they turned back just as quickly. Most did not even seem to notice, continuing to pound their drinks and blow smoke with those gathered around them. The inn was packed to the brim, teaming with players dressed in armor of all colors and types. It was hot, loud, and an entirely unpleasant place to grab something to drink. Fortunately for Lessa, on this occasion, that was not her goal. Her blue eyes scanned the tavern's occupants just long enough to ensure that the man she searched for was not among them. Then, she slipped back into the equally busy, though slightly brighter street.

And as if by coincidence, she nearly barreled into the same man who she had been attempting to locate. "Baldur," the Brigadier commented. "I've been looking for you. I-" Suddenly, it dawned on her that her friend was not alone. "Ah," she murmured, her voice both hardening and decreasing in volume. "Sorry."

"Lessa!" Baldur smiled at his fearsome blond friend."You were looking for me? Ah, but first let me introduce my new, or perhaps old, acquaintance." His disposition had changed the moment he noticed Lessa. His impassiveness melted for a friendly demeanor, and he seemed more at ease when she was present.

"This is Ethereal... though for some reason he likes to be called Eth."

Baldur then noticed some child poking his new friend and bothering him by saying the weirdest things.

"Calm down young one, you might be bothering the man if you're too overbearing." His smiled was slowly dissolved into a frown. Maybe this was why he had avoided coming back to this floor? He had forgotten just how crowded it could be.

Ranmura stopped and looked over to Baldur smiling (Permanently smile). "Oh! Another! Wow, we're one big happy group of adventurers are we? It would be great if we told stories, I'll start. When I was a liiiiittle girl! I loved to throw sticks and stones at my neighbor's window, most of the times it was when they were taking showers or left the baby in the room, after the glass broke I'd hear the baby cry. Nya ha ha! It was an enjoyable experience and I did it every single month." She continued Laughing then looked at Baldur with her permanently smiling face looking innocent.

(OOC RIP when people don't obey post order :P )

So, how are you doing these days now that you've come down from the mountain to rejoin civilization." Ethereal would pull a face, gesturing at their surroundings. "Well, I only got back a few days ago so I'm not really sure. I think I'm doing alright but it'll take a while to get used to the.. differenc-?" He would trail off as the young girl bounded up to him, smiling and poking his beard. It would tickle but it reminded Eth of what Rue used to do when she was as little. He smiled sadly for a moment, wondering where she was now..

"I've been looking for you. I-"  "Sorry." snaps him out of his thoughts, he would reply warmly - "Don't mind me, we were just chat-" the repeated poking of his beard had led to Ranmura's finger landing in his mouth as he spoke. It happened just in time for  "Calm down young one, you might be bothering the man if you're too overbearing."

"Pleash stoph.." he smiles, plucking her finger out and smiling to pass it off.

Edited by Ethereal

Ranmura stared at Ethereal with a confused look on her face. She couldn't tell if he was sad, happy, or angry, so she just kept her eyes on him. "Are you feeling something in your brain? Never mind, want to hear a joke? What do you call a sinner on fire? A Cinder. Nya ha ha! (Yup, it's an unintentional trigger) I can't wait to see some people BURN. Maybe if I join a guild I'll be able to see more death before I die." Ranmura stopped poking his beard and pulled out a piece of bread nudging it at his mouth.

Edited by Ranmura

Baldur frowned down at the small girl and her disturbing sense of humor, "Sorry little one, I only laugh at funny jokes." He then returned his eyes to Etheral and did his best to ignore the child. He wanted to continue talking with Eth, but this little girl was certainly putting a damper on things. Baldur made the gesture and pulled up the menu, sending the man a friend request. "I typically try to avoid coming down to this city except on business. There are just too many people here for me these days. I just feel the need find quieter places."

He then turned his attention back to Lessa, "Gomen, Lessa. What was it you were looking for me about?" Baldur smiled at the pretty blond and tried to convey to her through his blue eyes what was going on.

Quietly, Lessa regarded the small girl. She had always enjoyed children, but she felt strongly about how they should behave. True, this girl had been trapped in Aincrad, so her situation was radically different. But the woman was still put off by the player's lack of manners. Out of respect for the little one's situation, she would not discipline her. But she would not encourage her either. So the blonde merely swung her gaze toward the other stranger. He had assured her that she was not interrupting, but she still did not wish to continue intruding, so she offered a polite nod. "Nice to meet you, Ethereal," came her soft greeting.

"Nothing really." Now, she addressed her friend, Baldur. "I just remembered that you were coming down here this afternoon, and I was wondering if you wanted to do lunch."

"Candy? Not candy, damn, wish I had candy horse around with me." Lazarus checked around his area to see if he dropped any candy from his stash, but found a material instead. He saw a group of four, two men and two girls and shouted over to them. "Yo, have you seen any candy around? I might've dropped some!" As soon as he told them of candy, he dropped some from his stash and hastily picked them up. He thought he heard something relating to jokes and decided to investigate it for himself by approaching the group. "Phew, I didn't drop any here. So, what're you four up to? I hope you're not planning on stealing my candy." Lazarus pulls out a lollipop and begins sucking on it, keeping it on the left side of his mouth.

ID#49443
Loot 19

+1 Material

Edited by Lazarus

(OOC figures you'd trigger him when he was meeting new people and wanted to get a good impression off.. xD)

Ethereal grew quiet for a moment, looking confused momentarily at the mention of burning alive and death being casually passed off as jokes - then his eyes went stone cold. With a growl he looks directly at the young girl for a moment, then with snaps with venom. "Don't say things like that, child. You don't know when an adult will discipline you." The malice and darkness then fades, giving way to the warm, fuzzy frontliner. Eth would shake his head a few times as if to clear something from it and then, with confusion in his voice. "Wha..? Why did it.. Sorry.."

It was at this point a boy eating a lollipop waltzes up, "Candy? I ain't got that sweet a tooth. Need any help lookin' for it?" It seemed as if Eth had no recollection of what had just said and now smiles at Lessa and Baldur, "We can always go to lunch after.

Edited by Ethereal

Hydra had been out in town that day looking to purchase some new goods, It'd been a few days since Hydra had met Ethereal and the two had joined a temporary party together. The spearman was on his way back to the forest, where he caught a glimpse of his friend who seemed to be surrounded by a small group of players. "Still hanging around this floor, I'd thought you'd be off by now" He said grinning as he approached. Although never properly acquainted he noticed a familiar face, the young girl he'd seen a few days before who cracked a tree joke, that he had actually found quite funny as he recalled.

Baldur smiled to Eth in the friendliest way they could, even as more people seemed to come in and surround them. Baldur didn't want to admit it, but he still hadn't gotten used to being around so many people. It was an odd sensation for him as he had been such an outgoing person in the real world. He glanced aside as Lessa as well, and while his stomach didn't grumble, he did feel very hungry. Had he been, or was it her mention of food that suddenly had him craving something exquisite form the flavor recreation engine.  He grave friendly nods to the newcomers.

"Actually, Ethereal, I had come down here to see what I could salvage out of my old shop. I'm going to go ahead and take care of that before lunch, but I hope to see you again! Feel free to come by the shop and see me any time... assuming it's still mine!" Baldur smiled warmly at his new acquaintance and then took Lessa by the hand and began to lead her off.

Kacaji had made his way onto the roof of one of the shop buildings with a great view of the first floor.  Kacaji needed more col to buy armor, better cloths, or even a better weapon.  He sat atop the wooden coded roof, hidden under the shade of larger building surrounding it.  He could see quite a distance, but all his mind could think was of His deceased friend and a wish for better equipment.  The cloth mask covered his mouth, like a stereotypical bandit.  Kacaji was hidden from the view of anyone on the ground level and sat on the roof completely silent.   

Kouta jumps up onto a building using his parkour skills he learned in real life. "Wow, everything looks beautiful from up here." He smiled and spotted a troubled Kazuki yelling at him. "WHAT WAS THAT? HELL NO! I'M NOT GETTING DOWN HERE YOU STICK INT HE MUD!" Kouta then broke off in a sprint trying to get away from Kazuki, but instead failed. He ended up on Kacaji's body and was very heavy. "Not feeling so hot..."

"HEY, GET DOWN FROM THERE YOU IDIOT!" As he sees Kouta running, he does the same. "Dumbass! You'll fall and hurt your face! That's the only thing you have going for you!" Kazuki was too late, Kouta had already bumped into someone and suffered the consequences. So far, this day was terrible, he's got to deal with Kouta and their finances, and you know how hard it is to deal with money when you don't have any.

Kacaji was about to get into his menu when he heard a noise from his left.  One figure was running from one roof to a connected roof in conversation with someone on ground level.  Kacaji got up contemplating the idea of conversing with anybody.  He did not want to talk to anybody, yet he did not want to be the weird guy.  As he stood there in the shade of the roof, the guy ran towards the roof where Kacaji stood.  Kacaji knew that if he were to move, the guy would likely fall off of the roof slope.  Kacaji decided at the very last second to take the hit, which after being hit completely regretted it.  Whoever the guy was, he was heavy and landed directly on top of Kacaji.  HIs sword was strapped to his back, and by instinct kacaji pulled out the curved sword and aimed it right at the guy.  Noticing that the guy had not done it intentionally, Kacaji put the sword back in his sheath and asked, "please get off me... you are immobilizing me..." Kacaji's mask still covered his mouth.  When he spoke to the guy, he kept his left eye shut.