[PP-F14] Killing a Lich King [Manta]

Zelrius shot Manta a Message to meet him at that little Tent-Village they found on the Fourteenth floor. As he recalled, the pair had rushed through, not wanting to spend too long in their, but there was an NPC in the village that had a quest Indicator floating above it, which meant they had something to do for the day. With that, Zelrius went through his inventory again to pack the necessary supplies and bit into one of Dom's grill foods for the added Damage over the next few hours. With that, Zelrius headed up to the floor and into the Village. It bothered him that he kept going places with just Manta, and he felt it may begin to start weirding her out. He sighed, dropping the thought trying not to be too self conscious about it. Zelrius gazed about the floor and remembered when the pair had come scouting through here and gritted his teeth in memory of the fight of Rohk. Yet, the boy needed SP as there were those that were gaining on him in level and strength, and the Golden ahired Commandant refused to let that happen. With the Lich King quest that may be slightly remedied. 

Manta had been planning on doing this quest soon anyway, so it was a relief when Zelrius messaged her asking her to do it with him. To tell the truth, she had been worried about doing it solo, having heard about how difficult it was for normal players. Zel would probably just be able to poke it with his weapons and it would die. She sighed. Other players were all getting so strong, and she wasn't making any progress at all. She had maxed charge and weapon skills, but others who didn't even have charge were getting to the point where they could do more damage than her. Was it because the rapier class weapons were broken? Probably. Manta couldn't understand for the life of her why someone with a tiny dagger or a piece of coiled cloth could do more damage than her. She made her way to the village on the fourteenth floor, waving to Zelrius when she arrived.

When she arrived, Zelrius waved back and gestured to the location they'd be getting their quest from. Once he got his quest in the logs of his Menu, Zelrius awaited for Manta to get her own and began to check his gear over. "So, how have you been Lady Gaul? Been a few days since we've talked, and for that I'd like to apologize. A good bit of drama appeared with Kiru and I'd rather not make you miserable by bringing my demeanor or downer attitude to you. With that out of the way, Why don't we get going on this quest, I would like to talk on the way there if you don't mind." He tried his best to not be so formal, and sound easy going about it, but the truth was, he was horrible at that

Manta smiled as Zelrius asked her how she had been. Despite the neutral attitude she had had towards him on the date they had had a while back, her view was gradually shifting towards the positive. She definitely had feelings for him... "I've been well, i got rid of all of the stock in my shop a few days ago, which is good. It could be because I was giving everything out for free though..." She replied before checking over her own gear. She really needed to get a unique or something to up her damage.... Tier two wasnt all that bad though. She adjusted her rapier at her waist, and glanced down at the ring on her finger and the breastplate she was wear. Those were the only important pieces of equipment that she was wearing. "What about you Zel? Besides Kiru." She asked, pulling her rapier out and inspecting the blade as an excuse to avoid eye contact.

He smiled in memory of the shop clearing. "Aye I think I had a hand in that, which reminds me." He stopped for a second and pulled out one the Neko potions he had purchased from her shop tossing it to her. "Drink that for me." Zelrius didn't know why, he was just curious to see how the Brigadier would look in the form of Catgirl, that and Zelrius just had a niche for that sort of thing. Other than the one he gave Manta, The Golden Haired boy had a few more stocked up, and planned on giving Kiru one or two of them. With that, He activated the three Items he intended to use for this journey and headed off. This time around his items were those of the ones that made him most effective in Combat, His Boss Loadout. The Blades of Michael and Lucifer, spiced up with the Commandant's Pendant for heightened Accuracy and Evasion. Zelrius liked just how 'all-out' these items went when it came to the 'Glass-Cannon' build he had set himself to two years ago. With a slight adjustment of his cloak and the swords on each of his hips Zelrius began to walk out of the town and toward the Quest indicator. "Aside from Kiru? Doing well. It makes my day a bit better being with someone I enjoy talking to like yourself. No Guild Duties Since Takao took hold of the last boss. So, having a few days off has been nice. Anything interesting on your end?" Zelrius took a glance her direction and saw her inspecting her weapon, he was looking for eye contact, and had no idea she was trying to avoid it. His quick glance shifted back to the floor around them, not quite finding the returned gaze that he was looking for from her.

Manta caught the potion that he tossed at her, recognizing the potion as one of her neko ones. She had made and taken one of these a long time for Sousuke. It seemed like like was just one long series of parallels. That had been the day that she had realized that she was not made to be a catgirl. She never wanted to do that sort of thing again, but she couldnt very well say no to Zel when she had been the one to sell him the potions. She would much rather just take the Perma Kitsune potion that she had in her inventory, but she had a whole look planned for that and was waiting to get her kimono from Ariel.  She sighed and drank the potion quickly, her ears feeling tingly as they dissapeared and were replaced by white cat ears, and a tail poked out from the bottom of her skirt. She sheathed her rapier, tossing the vial to the side. It hit the ground and burst into crystals. She glanced up at Zelrius, embarrassed, but at least making eye contact now. "Just me trying to get stronger to keep up with some of the lower levels. Their are a lot of them catching up, which is good, but its shown me how lazy ive been with my leveling."

As she drank the potion, Zelrius' fake smile he had on slowly grew into a full on curve of happiness. He really didn't expect her to accept, given it was generally not in Manta's nature to do things like this, as far as Zelrius knew atleast. He reached a hand out to massage and rub her cat ears, Something he had done to the one he called Wolfy, and for some reason it was an enjoyable motion. He stopped and pretended like he wasn't all that thrilled about the potion being drank, talking to her as normal. "Aye, I know what you're talking about. Takao and Ssendom are catching up to me in level as well, and I refuse to let atleast Takao rain on my Parade. Speaking of that, I regret to inform you I intend on doing the next scouting alone." He stopped for a moment and tried to add quickly. "Not that I don't like Scouting with you, I just need the moments to myself. I hope you understand."

Manta was surprised by Zelrius's reaction to her drinking the potion. He looked truly happy as he reached a hand out and started to rub and pet her new cat ears. She shivered and blushed at the touch. It only took a few moments for him to catch himself and start acting like he didn't care though, breaking it to he that he didn't want to go scouting with her after this boss was defeated. She knew that she was just slowing him down whenever they scouted, but she had enjoyed that time together. She supposed that he hadn't though. "I understand." She stated, her tail swishing back and forth behind her in an aggravated manner. She paused, getting control of it. This would take some getting used to. At least it wasn't permanent like that kitsune one she was carrying around with her. She smiled at him anyway. "So whats the plan for this quest?"

He frowned, knowing that the wording wasn't right. Though this was neither confirmed nor denied by the tail swishing. Zelrius didn't know whether or not it was subconscious or intentional, that and he had always thought that cats moved their tails in anticipation or contentedness, Though Manta didn't seem to show either of those in her facial features, leaving The golden haired boy to believe the tail movement was on purpose. Though she said she understood, Zelrius still didn't think he had worded that correctly. No sense in crying over spilt milk, Zelrius reasoned. "Of Course, if you still want to come with, I would be more than happy to bring you along." That was his attempt to fix his mistake, however much it may or may not work. "Same plan as every quest for me. Go to the Location, Obliterate the boss, Go home. I'd be willing to hold back a little if you want to get some shots in on it."

Manta ignored Zelrius comment about how if she still wanted to come with him for the scouting, that he would be happy to bring her along. She understood that it was just a response to the way that she had reacted. Zelrius was a nice guy, and he obviously had good reasons for wanting to do it alone. ""I'm fine with you just charging in an finishing it off. However low the odds are of the boss hitting us, id rather not risk either of getting hurt." She replied. If they could take it out in one hit they most definitely should. When people started playing around and not doing their best, that was when things started to go downhill and people died.

As Manta didn't respond to his first comment, Zelrius silently cursed at himself for even saying that, wanting now to take it back and pretend he never even thought it. Though he felt even worse with the fact that Manta had always been kind to him, despite her obvious disdain for the Commandant when they first met. Her words reminded Zelrius of the battle with Rohk. The boy wondered how many people intentionally held back in the beginning, comfortable thinking that the Hero would handle it quite nicely as he had done with so many other bosses. Though his suspicions rose that several didn't take that fight seriously nearly early enough, Zelrius and everyone else still blamed the Raid Leader for the fiasco. "Righto, Let's get a move on then. Then perhaps you and I can run off to another floor and relax a bit?"

Manta smiled as Zelrius said that they should get a move on. She felt as though her reaction to Zelrius wanting to scout by himself had been a bit of an overreaction. He was free to do whatever he liked. She was a bit surprised by his next statement, his tone of voice making it sound like a question. "I'd be up for that." She replied with a smile. She would look forward to doing that after they killed this boss. Unless something went wrong and it took them all day to kill the boss, in which case they would likely both be tired out and end up just heading back to the guild hall. "So, we have to find some sort of coliseum or something, right?" She asked, itching to get going.

As the Arena and Castle loomed into view not farm from the town, Zelrius turned to make eye contact with her, for some reason or another, really liking the feeling it gave him to do so. "Right up ahead, Here," He stopped to go through his inventory and toss her two items. A Bloodrage Crystal and an Alcoholic Item to boost their attack even more. Though he was sure that the two of them did plenty of damage, Manta had said that she wanted this done as fast as possible, even if that meant going a bit overboard. "If you don't want to eat the Food Item, I understand. Sometimes I am reluctant simply because it is an Alcholic item, and I personally refuse to have anything to do with that stuff, but the extra damage is nice." He grinned as she agreed to the relaxing bit "Perhaps we can go back to the Guild Hall and just talk, or go to a quiet little cafe somewhere. I don't know, As long as I get to spend a little extra time with you, I am fine with whatever."

Manta smiled as they finally approached the arena that they would find this boss at. Zelrius tossed her an alcoholic item, as well as a damage crystal as they prepared to enter. She wasn't about to waste them though. Zelrius could one shot this mob, and she could two shot it without the help of consumables. "I don't want to waste these, and I don't think that I really need them for this boss anyway." She replied. She certainly wasn't about to give up her evasion in this fight either, as they didn't have a tank with them. "Sorry, but I don't think eating the alcoholic one would be beneficial for this fight, seeing as we don't have a tank and I might need my speed if something goes wrong." She said, making a motion to hand the items back.

He thought about her words for a second, and wasn't at all surprised that she was reluctant to use the consumables. "Good point," He reached out to massage her cat ears again, seemingly obsessed with doing the motion whenever doing with Animal-Girls, though he wasn't exactly sure why. "That's one of the many reasons you're in Azure, a Sharp mind that most in this world lack greatly." Though he more disdained himself in his own mind for not thinking of that. Still, He ate the Alcoholic item and activated the Bloodrage Crytsal, turning back to the giant Castle. "You ready, Dearest Lady Gaul?"

Manta put the two items in her inventory for later, hoping that Zelrius wouldn't mind. Alcoholic food was actually surprisingly hard to get a hold of, and she would need one for the next boss fight. "Yup, I'm all set. Lets get this quest out of the way!" She exclaimed excitedly, unsheathing her rapier and preparing to follow the blonde into the castle. She was looking forward to all of the skill points they would get once they finished this quest. She might even have enough to get athletics, or at least the mod ferocity. They were the next steps for her to increase her damage.

When she said that they were all good to go, Zelrius smiled again, giving her one last pet, unable to resist, and then prepared his weaponry. "Soon as it's done, I am stealing you away. I need some stress relief and as much as I like Kiru, she pointed out that every interaction between her and I ended horribly for us." So then why do I love that girl so much... He questioned himself on his own devotion to Kiru. Honestly, he couldn't think of anytime they had ever had a 'Good' interaction with her, one that didn't end in tears or hatred for someone or something. But that was another reason he also liked Manta so much. He always left her with happy thoughts, and again, she was always so kind and understanding. On the flip side, Zelrius and Kiru had a sort of connection that made him not feel so alone in the world. And this was the new internal struggle the Golden haired boy had to face. He had to decide between one or the other, Though the nicer side of him wanted to not pick either, trying not to hurt either of their feelings.

He sighed, his smile now a frown, and he went up to the Castle. "Quickly now," His was voice was noticably more snappy and demanding. As they entered, the Rusty castle gates closed behind them and the Lich King did his little NPC Movement Ritual, the two Lich Minions coming in behind him. The Golden haired boy took a breath, remembering that Manta just wanted it done and over with. In an Instant, the boy drew his swords and Charged forward, slashing away at anything that stood more than a few inches off the ground. And just like that, The two minions and their King were nothing but data particles.

BD 6 ID 55054

6 Base + 8 Fallen = 14+5 Charge = 19 + 6 T2 Bloodrage Crystal = 25+ 6 T2 Alcholic food = 31*12(AoE) = 372

Zelrius 208/208
Manta 156/156

Lich King 0/350
Skeletal Lich 0/40
Skeletal Lich 0/40

Quest End

Edited by Zelrius

Manta shivered as he pet her one more time, enjoying the motion more than she would have expected. She followed him up and into the castle, wondering why he sounded so serious all of a sudden. That boss probably wasn't going to be that hard, so there shouldn't be much danger to the two of them. There had to be a reason for the sudden change. Maybe she would find out when Zelrius 'stole her away'. She smiled at the thought, looking forward to just hanging out with him without worrying about scouting or completing a quest. She watched as Zelrius charged in and quickly defeated the boss and its minions. As she had thought, nothing to worry about. That was probably just because Zelrius was so powerful though. If she was doing this by herself she would likely be having quite a bit of trouble. She flicked the tip of her rapier to the3 side dramatically, even though she had done absolutely nothing, before sheathing it. Maybe someday she would be strong enough to do something like that.

Just as the golden haired boy thought, Not even a challenge. He sighed and stepped back, turning around and wrapping an arm around the for-now Nekogirl. "Where to Gaul? The Azure Brigade Guild Hall, or perhaps a nice little Inn or of the like somewhere on another floor?" Though he could already guess the answer, it was more courteous to ask. Speaking of Courteousy, Zelrius had felt slightly bad about eliminating the Lich King and his cronies so fast, Unsure if Manta wanted to get a hit in or not. She did say All out, but he could have easily toned down his damage a bit to atleast have her do something. Yet, once again Zelrius remembered the Sentiment 'No sense crying over spilled milk,' On top of the fact that is exactly what she had asked for then. He attempted to revert his voice to the same affectionate tone he had started the quest with her. "Didn't think you'd be so willing to just hop off and hang out. Though I suppose we have been 'dating' for a while now, it just takes a little getting used a regular relationship, y'know?"

Manta smiled as Zelrius wrapped and arm around her, her tail flicking behind her slowly. She didn't like how he called her Gaul though, even if no insult was intended. Whenever she thought about her last name or heard it she couldn't help but think of barbaric Celts from ancient times. She could guess what he meant when he mentioned inns, but still felt bad for having to turn him down on that front. They might have been 'dating' for a good while by now, but she still hadn't gotten used to the concept either. Maybe she should be a little more free around him, but she just didn't feel like their relationship was firm enough for that. "We could hang out at an inn if you'd like..." She said hesitantly. "I-I mean, not anything improper or anything." She answered, blushing and unsure how to say what she meant. She would be fine maybe just doing some cuddling or something, but nothing beyond that.