[F1-Experienced Tailor] The Gilded Hide {Open}

The woman continued to pull lightly on her hair as the boy spoke. No sooner than he finished his proposal, the blacksmith opened her mouth to reply. "Deal." She accepted simply, bringing her hand away to call upon her game menu. Teion offered a trade and entered in 1,200 col. "Have this for now. You can choose where we hunt." She would rather let the tailor make the arrangements. Her preferred area was the open desert on the fifth floor, just outside of the small town her own shop resided in. Only a few players took well to the uncomfortable environment, meaning she typically got free reign of a few nice hunting spots.Still, she now saw this as a job, and would treat it as such--materials could be gathered anywhere and everywhere, so she wouldn't be picky.

Trade Confirmation

Spoiler
  • -1,200 col (Paid to Creius)
  • +Sandstorm (Received from Creius)

Edited by Teion

((Funnily enough, my character hates desert's xD Issues in his past that I've hinted at in a few threads, especially my <<Calming the Soul>> so sorry. He wouldn't willingly go there.)

Nathan was a bit shocked by the rapid acceptance of his proposal and watched as she accessed her menus. Shortly afterwards, a small window popped up indicating a trade of funds and Nathan hit accept. She had given him 1,200 Col as payment so mentally he guessed that meant she owed him five materials if he were to try and stick to the real price. He swiped his hand down and accessed his menus and sent a trade offer to her to give her the armour that she had just put a down payment on. Now that he had the Col and had given the armour he had to think of some place to go hunting for materials. "Mmm, how about some minotaurs on the third floor? Could also take down some nepents as well... And if we get especially bored, I have been thinking about taking on a dungeon if you think you're up for it. I'm certain I could solo it but I guess company might be nice if we were to find one." He reached under the counter, Hector crawling up his arm and onto his shoulder while Nathan waited for a reply. Hector was a useless familiar in terms of buffs but he was always nice to have around on small excursions for materials. With his familiar on his shoulder he looked up at the woman, waiting to see if she would accept his proposal of a hunt.

((+1200 Col to Creius. -1200 Col to Teion. -Sandstorm from shop +Sandstorm to Teion))

Edited by Creius

((Just gonna slip in my rolls for the day))

Nathan walked into the shop once again and headed towards the counter. After petting Hector he opened the crafting room door and entered the room. Once in the room he went over to his material shelf and grabbed quite a few materials to be used in that day's crafting. With materials in hand he headed over to the crafting table and took up his needle and thread. He worked the needle and thread through the materials and was rewarded with three items and two failures. Two of the three items were fair enough, nothing seemingly special. The third was quite a bit special, almost perfect in structure.

Spoiler

ID#61008   CD:6       Good Item   +2 EXP
ID#61009   CD:11     Rare Item    +5 EXP
ID#61010   CD:1       Fail Item      +1 EXP
ID#61011   CD:6      Good Item    +2 EXP
ID#61012   CD:2       Fail Item      +1 EXP

Edited by Creius

((Will fluff out later, busy at the moment but wanted to get the rolls in xD))

Spoiler

ID#61175    CD:7    Good               +2 EXP
ID#61176    CD:2    Fail                  +1 EXP
ID#61177    CD:3    Fail                  +1 EXP
ID#61178    CD:9    Uncommon     +3 EXP
ID#61179    CD:2    Fail                  +1 EXP

Edited by Creius

Kalesh had been exploring the first floor's merchant district in search of a tailor to make him some armor. His usual stop was on vacation after making him the coat for the matching piece of armor he needed. He stopped himself in front a somewhat un-dramatic shop and shrugged his shoulders softly "That'll do." He says as he puts on a smile and opens the door to the shop to enter. His eyes glanced around his surroundings as he approached the front desk. His eyes did glance across the items he had in stock but none quite filled the bill for what he was going to be needing for his build. "Hello, could I get some tier two armor made?" He says while dropping a pile of col coins and leathers onto the counter from a recent hunting trip. "I need a black breastplate with as much mitigation as possible, and recovery in any slots that doesn't take up." He gestures to his black jacket with a red interior. "It's gotta fit under this, it doesn't need to be bulky, just tough." Content with his explanation he waited for the tailor's response.

Spoiler

Name: Defensive Measures
Item Type: Light Armor
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 2 Mitigation Slots 1 Recovery Slot
Description: A black breastplate made of hard leather meant to be worn under clothing or jackets. The armor is not bulky by any means, but instead focuses on reinforcing the wearer's defenses subtly without impairing movement. One can never be too careful when dealing with the unknown.

-2700 Col & 7 materials offered.

Nathan heard the usual ringing of the bell that indicated the entrance of a customer so he left the crafting room and walked behind the front counter. He pet Hector idly while he listened to the request as it was given to him and watched as a sack of Col and leather settled onto the counter. With a nod, Nathan took the payment into his inventory and took note of the exact specifications that the customer had given, noting the size the armour had to be as well. "I will get right on this and get your item to you as soon as I get it made." Nathan turned around then and went back into the crafting room, taking out the leathers he had taken into his inventory and put them with the rest of his leathers that were stored in the shop. He kept a bunch, though, so that he could go ahead and craft the man's armour.

Spoiler

ID#61635    CD:11   Rare    +5 EXP  ((I'll Eval this eventually, short on time as it is))
ID#61636    CD:3     Fail      +1 EXP
ID#61637    CD:3     Fail      +1 EXP
ID#61638    CD:1     Fail      +1 EXP
ID#61639    CD:7    Good    +2 EXP

None of the pieces of armour turned out quite correctly, a slight disappointment to Nathan's business standards but there was little he could do little about that. He exited the crafting room and looked at the customer that he had left just minutes ago. "It might take me another day or two to get an item that I deem worthy of selling to you. Just come check in tomorrow or the day after and I should have it."

((+2700 Col and 7 Materials))

Edited by Creius
Spoiler

ID#61692   CD:3             Fail                +1 EXP
ID#61693   CD:10           Uncommon   +3 EXP
ID#61694   CD:8             Good             +2 EXP
ID#61695   CD:4  LD:19  Bad               +1 EXP
ID#61696   CD:6              Good            +1 EXP

Nathan entered his shop and immediately went to the crafting room, intent on making that item for the customer. He pushed open the door and grabbed leathers from the storage and began working as soon as he could. Once again, item after item, he did not find anything he deemed worthy of his customer. With a sigh, he went to the front room and took one piece of armour that at least somewhat resembled the order. He would give some money back since it was not what the customer ordered, that would make up for the not quite perfect craftsmanship. He set aside the order and took out some Col that he had gained from the order to make up for the price difference in the item quality. All that needed to happen now was for the customer to come to the shop and retrieve it.

((-Lesser Defensive Measures -1700 Col to @Kalesh))

Edited by Creius

When Kalesh had taken a look at his order he raised a brow when the stats didn't quite align. The main points were there, however. Kalesh quickly equips the armor and takes a deep breath as he raised a clawed arm. He jabbed downward, stabbing his pointed metal fingertips towards the breastplate! It didn't shatter or otherwise give way, and so the red maned man nodded to the tailor "This'll do, thank you for the hard work, the important part was the defense!" He gives a wink, a satisfied customer despite the order not being top-tier. He picks up the col coins and gives Creius a thumbs-up. "Best of luck with your next crafts!" He says before exiting the shop with his stuff.

+ Lesser Defensive Measures
+ 1700 Col

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

ID#64375  CD:8              Good Item (2 Exp)
ID#64376  CD:11            Rare Item (5 Exp)
ID#64377  CD:5              Good Item (2 Exp)
ID#64379  CD:11            Rare Item (5 Exp)
ID#64380  CD:4  LD:2     Bad Item (1 Exp)

Nathan walked into his shop and looked around. It had been quite a while since he had last walked into the dusty place. It was a mess in his eyes, even if it was only due to the thin layer of dust. He would have to clean up after he finished crafting today. With that thought, he headed on back. In the crafting room, Nathan grabbed a few of the recent materials he had just nabbed from the Earning a Living quest and stored the rest. He set out to work immediately and was quite surprised with the quality work he put out considering how long he had been gone. Maybe he still had some skill residing in him from when he took a break from the job.

Edited by Creius
  • 3 years later...

Nathan pushed open the door to The Gilded Hide, the warm sun spilling into the shop. A crawling sensation crept to his shoulder and he looked over to Hector. With a sigh, Nathan stepped down into the shop and crossed over to the counter. It had been a while since his shop had seen activity. But if he were going to get to the front lines, he better also become a forefront tailor. There was no reason to hold back. Pausing at the counter, he let Hector down his arm and to the counter where the scorpion manned his defensive position at the bell. Cracking a small smile, a feature not common to him, Nathan headed into the back room and evaluated the material available to him from his hunts so long ago.

Spoiler

ID: 157718    CD: 1 [Crit Fail. -1 Mat. +1 EXP]

ID: 157719    CD: 7 [Uncommon. -1 Mat. +3 EXP]

ID: 157720    CD: 4; LD 1 [Salvage failed. -1 Mat. +2 EXP]

ID: 157721    CD: 5; LD 11 [Salvage Success. +2 EXP]

ID: 157722    CD: 8 [Uncommon. -1 Mat. +3 EXP]

Net Results:
+11 EXP
-4 Mats
+2 Uncommon Items to be evaled

Nathan's needle work was rather horrendous after having been gone so long. His first attempt at crafting left a botched mess of leather scraps on his worktable. Bunching his eyebrows together, Nathan took a few fibers and some scaly material from a monster defeated long ago and started to weave them into wrapping for the hands, satisfied with the work he set the project aside. It wasn't much, but it was a successful product. Leather proved to be beyond his grasp at the moment so he stuck to cloth, trying to weave a cloak. It took him three attempts to produce the cloak, requiring one full do over and some botched material, but he produced a cloak that would be useful in evasion.

Edited by Creius