The Wandering Soul [Master Alchemist] [Currently on F4]

Birdie found herself lost for the words at the gentlemen's kindness, though she was equally dumbfounded by his laments afterwards. "W-wow, some people can be pretty inconsiderate. I just assumed it was etiquette to know how much you should pay.." The girl let a subtle smile onto her lips, "At least, that's how it is where I'm from. We're not the kind to waste other people's time." After the man accepted the trade and sent her the money back, she felt like she'd underpaid him massively. "Thank you so much! I don't know how I can repay you.. please, if you're ever in need of an Artisan, swing by the Bluebird Workshop in the Town of Beginnings. I'm not a very high rank yet but I can at least offer you a discount there." She quickly glanced over the descriptions of the potions, her smile growing into a grin as everything seemed in order. "You've been amazing, I'll come by again real soon!" She waved to him on her way out, disappearing through the main entrance.

+450 Col

+2 Crafter's Tonic

Edited by Birdie
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pushing through the doors of The Wandering Soul, Birdie wore an exhausted look as her eyes met with the shop's owner. She managed a smile for Rain, shuffling over to the front counter soon after. "Hey, sorry for stopping by again so soon." Birdie raised an arm to her mouth, hiding her yawn as best she could. "Those potions really drained away at my materials, I was up all night crafting stuff. Turns out perfect items are a lot uh, harder to come by than I thought.." The woman realised that he probably didn't want to hear her rambling, instead giving him a smile as she stopped. "Sorry. Uh, I was wondering if I could buy these 2 Crafter Tonics?" She grabbed two of the potions from the shelf and traded over 6 materials in return, "Got a few more items to craft tonight, gotta get to work."

She gave him a wave on the way out, "Thanks again!"

- 6 materials

+ 2 Crafter's Tonic

Edited by Birdie

OOC: @Birdie, That 3rd set of Crafter's Respites doesn't exist.  I haven't updated my stock nor have i been crafting, could you wait a bit? I have the rolls ready, but I need to wait for the evaluations. 

For the 3rd time in a row, a low leveled player has been frequenting the wanderer shop and constantly buying Crafter's Respites. It's like her mats pool is bottomless. As she came waltzing in for the 3rd time in the past week, she tried buying crafter's respites once again. Unfortunately for the wanderer, he hasn't been crafting as of late so he's going to have to make her wait for a bit. This is completely against the wanderer's code. He's set himself to standard of good customer service, having to make her wait would be atrocious, but it's inevitable as he has to wait for his potions. "I uh... could you give me a bit of time? I haven't been crafting recently so you're going to have to wait a bit for those crafter's Respites. Just come back later or tomorrow, they should be done." He says as he scrambles around trying to get his ingredients ready to craft.

After the near death incident with that f**king centipede, I learnt my lesson about equipping myself with healing items. It took around almost two days to just get to the fourth floor, and avoiding hostile wasn't easy, but at least I made it.

Exploring the city of the fourth floor, I stumble upon an alchemist shop known as the Wandering Soul, managed by a master alchemist. Immediately, I enter the shop and look around for a price listing.

The prices are actually not bad, and I can probably buy a potion or two, if the store ever has one. Luckily there is a minor healing potion currently in display, and it only costs 150 COL. 

I am tempted to buy the advanced potions, but I think that will have to wait. Plus, the minor potion is capable of healing enough health for me, and damn, I like the strawberry-looking texture of the liquid. I bet it taste as good as the beer I always have at the Good Luck Lounge in the Starting City.

So I purchased two minor healing potions, and leave a little tip for the alchemist to thank him/her for making these potions available.

- Paid 300 COL for two Minor Healing Potions I

- Left an extra 25 COL on the counter as a tip

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the warrior is well equipped, there is still a vital item that must be carried by him at all times. Healing potions or crystals...they are the nurses of swordsmen. Apart from the healing effects, the liquid would usually leave off a pleasant aftertaste. I like to think the alchemists add some sort of sugar or fruit juice in the potions to give them flavor so adventurers won't complain about the bitterness of those medicines. Urgh, bitter...it leaves a bad taste in my tongue whenever I hear, see or speak that word. Bleargh...

So, the Wandering Alchemist...it is a shop that I personally choose as a good place to buy potions, as the other shops that I browsed are either selling potions at a high price or out of stock. I take a look at the price list and grin as the prices for good and uncommon items are fairly affordable.

The healing medicine that affordable at best is a Minor Healing Potion, so I purchase two of them and put it into my bag. Hopefully I can save them as long as I can, because it is miserable to use up all of the potions in a battle. 

Paid 300 COL for two Minor Healing Potions I

• 3 weeks later...

Calrex walked back to the Wandering Soul, giving a wave to Rain as he approached, "Hey Rain, sorry for the delay. Here's the rest of the payment for the potions!"

Producing the bag of materials he handed it over before receiving the second half of his order, giving a nod, "Thanks again for the huge order. I'll be sure to catch you around!"

-30 Materials

+10 Safeguard Potions

• 2 months later...

With a crack of his knuckles, the wanderer gets straight to work on his creations. It's been ages since he had last touched his equipment, but as his hands grasp his tools, they moved in sync with his mind. His movements was seamless, as if flowing water, not stopping for a moment. It was sight to behold. A sight of a true master a work. Of course, the wanderer is only a master, he still has some ways before he could reach the status of Grandmaster Alchemist, but he is well on his way. Had he not stopped those many moons ago, he would've reach that goal by now.

As his work came a close, a slight puff of smoke, followed by a loud bang echoed across the little shop. "Somethings never gets old," The wanderer whispers to himself as he gathered up his new creations and placed them in the store front.

ID Roll Quality Exp
ID# 73909 Craft: 12 Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 73910 Craft: 8 (7+1) Uncommon +4 Exp
ID# 73911 Craft: 10 (9+1) Rare +6 Exp
ID# 73912 Craft: 4 (3+1) Good +3 Exp
ID# 73913 Craft: 12 (11+1) Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 73914 Craft: 9 (8+1) Rare +6 Exp
ID# 73915 Craft: 10 (9+1) Rare +6 Exp
ID# 73916 Craft: 5 (4+1) Good +3 Exp
ID# 73917 Craft: 5 (4+1) Good +3 Exp
ID# 73918 Craft: 7 (6+1) Uncommon +4 Exp
ID# 73919 Craft: 1 Crit Fail +2 Exp

Results
+55 Exp
-11 Mats
3 Good
2 Enervo
2 Greater Damage Potion I
1 Greater Mitigation Potion I

2 Guardian's Tonic

Edited by Rain

Stepping into a shop he hadn't been in before, Macradon would look around the small alchemist shop. He had mostly used his time looking at the alchemist remedies in Zandra's shop, but he had to give his fellow friend a try, Rain. "Hey Rain, how's going?" he would ask, entering the shop. Macradon was in preparations for the upcoming event battle, making sure that everything would go as planned, he would need damage enhancing potions as per usual, but since there were event restrictions on them, he would need to look at the different things he would be able to do to enhance his damage as much as possible for this upcoming fight. Looking through the catalog of potions in the shop, Macradon would approach Rain and ask "Hey Rain, I'll be needing a Flaming Weapon Potion and that Major Damage Potion I" he said and would open up his inventory to take out 900 Col to pay for the two potions "I think this'll be enough!" Macradon said to his friend.

-900 Col

"Make that two Flaming Weapon Potions," a deep voice boomed as Mack pushed his way into the alchemist's shop and stomped the digital snow from his boots. As he entered a hefty bear cub barreled into the shop as well and the brown-furred terror promptly set about running in all directions sniffing for something edible. This was a shop. All shops had food. Everyone knew that. It took barely ten seconds for the fuzzy demon to lock his greedy eyes on Macradon. Macradon was always good for a snack. Bawling a tiny bear challenge, Chewie rocketed across the floor, took a flying leap, slammed into Macradon with his full weight, and promptly scaled the warrior until he was draped over one of the swordsman's shoulders. From his perch he squalled another greeting, then pointed a clawed toe down his throat.

"Ohey Ma-" he tried to say before he was violently assaulted by a vile beast. Of all the time Macradon had been facing off against field bosses and raid bosses, this was one fearsome enemy! “Maybe I won’t even be able to live through this day …” he thought “Maybe this is the end”. He would grab a hold of the bear and hold it like a baby “How’re you doing?” he asked the small cub as he would put it down on the ground again. “Here to pick up stuff for the event I see?” he said to his Vice Commander, Mack. These two fellows, Mack and Mac, the two Mac(k)s that would be easily confused when not looking in written ways, as both Mack’s name and Macradon’s nickname were nearly identical. There wasn’t much else for the two to do than to get the things needed to they would be able to clear the event swiftly.

The red-headed woman pushed her way through the entrance into the wagon pursued by the intense chill that was ever present upon the fourth floor which she did not care for at all. Ever since she'd reunited with her brother on this very floor she'd become rather accustomed to the snow but even then she did not care for it at all. She'd much prefer the warmth over the cold. That fact alone made her grateful for Mack's chosen profession. She did not remain distraught for long though. The stress melted from her visage as it was swiftly replaced with a sense of wonder. Her crimson-eyed gaze focused upon the various small orbs that flitted throughout the wagon's interior. She was just about to reach out and touch one before she remembered she'd come her with a very specific purpose in mind. "Hello? There are a few items I'm looking for and I was curious if you had any in stock." Magda started to make her way towards the back of the shop in hopes that someone was in fact there.

OOC:

Greater Elixer x2 (4 Mats)
Greater Health Potion I x2 (4 Mats)
Guardian's Tonic (Perfect) x1 (3 Mats)

Total: 11 Mats or 1650 Col per Rain’s preference.

Edited by Magda

While quietly tending the shop, a little bell ring echo's through the store followed by footsteps. At first, the wanderer didn't take notice of the player until he finally spoke out and called him by his name as if familiar. As he slightly turns his head to look the customer in the eye, he quickly notices who it was. "Hey... fine..." he says as he slowly stands up. Soon after, mac sends an order of a few items. "Yeah no problem. They're all still in stock." He says as he swings his fingers in the air before finally send the items to the Mac. As Mac sends his Col, a very familiar voice came booming from the door. One he hasn't heard from in age. He disappeared long before the wanderer disappeared, himself. "V-Vice-commander, y-you're a live." He says as he tried to stay calm. He had though the red-maned goliath had died or something. "Uh.... so I'm guessing you're buying Mack one too, @Macradon?"

@Macradon
01 Scourge of Nerius [Event Potion]  = 450 Col/3 T1 Mats
01 Major Damage Potion I [+3 Damage] = 450 Col/3 T1 Mats
01 Scourge of Nerius [Event Potion]  = 450 Col/3 T1 Mats (Optional)

Total                             = 900 Col/6 T1 Mats (1250 Col/9 T1 Mats w/ 2nd Event potion)

As the wanderer waited for the two former guild-mates, he spots another customer quietly browsing his wares before finally speaking up to Rain. Quietly without giving a response, he looks over his stock. After checking through everything, he finally let's out words. "Yeah, everything's in stock." He swings his fingers in the air and soon after he sends the items with it's prices. "I'm fine taking Col. I have more than enough T1 Mats." He says before adding on. "If you prefer Mats though it's fine. Will you be joining the Nerius Event? I have the flaming weapon potions unique for the event if you'll want to add it on. It'll be an extra 450 Col or 3 T1 Mats."

@Magda
02 Greater Elixir [Antidote 2 turns] = 600 Col/4 T1 Mats
02 Greater Health Potion I [+80 HP]  = 600 Col/4 T1 Mats
01 Guardian's Tonic [Safeguard]      = 450 Col/3 T1 Mats
01 Scourge of Nerius [Event potion]  = 450 Col/3 T1 Mats (Optional)

Total                             = 1,650 Col/11 T1 Mats (2,100 Col/14 T1 Mats w/ Event Potion)

@Rain

Although it had taken a bit bit of time Seul finally managed to locate all of the items he had order from Rain for the upcoming fight against the evil tree, Nerius. He wasn't sure what his role might be in the battle but having consumables on hand would be better than going in blindly he figured.

Once he was ready he brought them all over to the alchemist and opened up his inventory to send over the col. As far as he knew this shop was one of the few that sold potions for a modest price so he was expecting to be here more often in the weeks to come. Unless Rain decided to up and disappear again.

“Thanks for keeping these for me Rain. Hope you don't mind me paying in col, my mat supply is kinda nonexistent at the moment.” He'd say before making his way out of the shop.

[-1350 Col sent to Rain]

[+Guardian Tonic, Scourge of Nerius, Major Damage Potion I]

Edited by Seul

“Uhhh …. Sure why not? I can pay for @Mack's potion as well” Macradon said as he would proceed to take out more Col from his inventory, 450 Col more to be exact. Macradon had a large sum of Col at his disposal, but he wanted it for selfish reasons at the moment, but at this point, he could make it a welcome back to the fight for Mack. Macradon would cough up the remaining Col for the order and grab what he needed, the Flame potion and the damage potion, both would but him at an advantage when the fight would commence, giving him some light edge against the event boss, hopefully. Macradon had heard about the corrosive effect that would be present, but he didn’t care too much for it to do anything. He had his armor, Survival skill and might to go through the fight and show the boss who’s boss … or something along those lines. "That's it for me, hopefully we'll see each other later!" he said as he would leave the shop.

-450 Col
+Scourge of Nerius
+Major Damage Potion I

Something was very wrong with this picture, to Chewie's way of thinking. Macradon had put down the bear without feeding it. It was a SCANDAL! It was an OUTRAGE! Bellowing his tiny, angry, defiance, the grizzly cub reared up on its hind legs and smacked Macradon in the knees, several times, for having the sheer gall to not feed him a snack after he, Chewie, had taken the time to climb up the swordsman's armor. Chewie had just bared his bearish fangs to sink them into one of Macradon's shins when a new voice appeared. Whipping around so fast that he fell over sideways in a mad scrabbing scramble of paws, Chewie got back to his feet and scarpered off over to Magda as Mack paid for the the Nerius Potion.

-3 T1 Mats (I have no Col, at the moment)

Magda offered a quick grin and would offer the necessary Col for the items. When he offered another item she did take a moment to truly consider it. “I am,” she boldly declared with her left hand propped up on her hip. However, the grin faltered slightly when she spoke again. “That sounds like it would really be useful,” she started to say then her brow scrunched up as she considered it. “However, I don’t think I could carry anything else with me for this event.” She turned and glanced towards the other two in the room and was rather shocked to see Mack standing there and just in time to be caught unaware as the little bear ran her way.

Magda knelt down and scratched the fur between the bear’s ears before she looked back up. The hint of a smile still there from being reunited with the little fur ball. “I’ll have to pass but I do appreciate the offer.”

-1650 Col

+1350 Col from Seul
+1,250 Col from Macradon
+1,650 Col from Magda
3 T1 Mats go to @Macradon from Mack

As the wanderer watched the his 3 customers finally take their leave, his eye spots a somewhat familiar face. He kind looked like @Seul, from his former guild, but he wasn't entirely sure. He browsed the store as if amazed by the place. He hasn't moved for minutes at a time. Thinking the customer might take awhile since he's never bothered actually saying anything, he decides to go to back to work on his daily crafts for the day. After some quick and quiet work, a loud explosion boomed accross the shop. Soon after, a few silent minutes go by before the wanderer walks back out with a fairly sized amount of potions. A large grin about his face, he looked back at the customer who was browsing before, and to his amazement, he's still there having not moved an inch. "Wow... this guy must've never fyreflies or something." He says as the wanderer began to store his new stock.

ID Roll Quality Exp
ID# 74179 Craft: 6 (5+1) Good +3 Exp
ID# 74180 Craft: 10 (9+1) Rare +6 Exp
ID# 74181 Craft: 12 Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 74182 Craft: 4 (3+1) Good +3 Exp
ID# 74183 Craft: 12 (11+1) Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 74184 Craft: 12 Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 74185 Craft: 12 Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 74186 Craft: 1 Crit Fail +2 Exp
ID# 74187 Craft: 12 (11+1) Perfect +9 Exp
ID# 74188 Craft: 10 (9+1) Rare +6 Exp
ID# 74189 Craft: 8 (7+1) Uncommon +4 Exp

Results
+69 Exp
-15 T1 Mats (4 for crystals)
2 Good
1 Enervo
2 Greater Power Crystal I
1 Major Power Crystal I
1 Major Armor Crystal I
2 Guardian's Tonic
1 Teleport Crystal

Edited by Rain

Beatbox had noticed that he had been running out of potions recently, the other day he had bought out Rain's supply of perfect damage potions... but he had been running out of Mitigation potions, so he figured to stock up on them as he had the chance and the col to. He had wandered into Rain's store with a smile "Hey there Rain, i'm here to buy out some of your potions. Most importantly your mitigation potions." he had placed an item he got from a final hit from a boss onto his counter "I'd also like you to have this, I ain't no scout and I haven't been making anything in my store as of the lately, go on. Take it." he said with a smile. He looked over to see weird looking potions, he tilted his head and figured for himself "eh, they look unique, why not?" and pointed at them "I'd like some of those too. If they are for sale." he then said as he went into his menu and pulled out a hefty amount of col to pay for the rest of the potions.

-----

Buying: 8x Major Mitigation Potion II (+54 MIT), 5x Major Armor Crystal II (+54 MIT), 1x Scourge of Nerius (+2 Damage stacks with others)

Payment: 1x Reindeer Antlers of Finding (Taking your offer for 3 free potions ;).) - 10050 Col (If I did my math right.)

@Rain - Decided to not buy all the Scourge potions, just one xD

@Beatbox
08 Major Mitigation Potion II [+54 MIT]  = 7,200 Col

02 Major Armor Crystal II [+54 MIT]      = 2,400 Col
03 Major Armor Crystal II [+54 MIT]      = 01 Reindeer Antlers of Finding
01 Scourge of Nerius [+2 Flaming Damage] = 450 Col

Total                                 = 10,050 Col + 01 Reindeer Antlers of Finding

Wandering into the wanderer's shop, a familiar blonde headed straight to the wanderer told him what he wanted. Unfortunately, that was all of his Tier 2 Mitigation Potions and Crystals. If he had any Tier 2 Damage Potions and Crystals, he was sure the player would've cleaned him out of those as well, taken aback at first, the wanderer hesitated on the sale, that was until the blonde player dropped a rare item in the trade. He also threw in more Col on top of it. The wanderer slowly raised his hand and pointed his finger. He was hesitant at first, but eventually the wanderer gave in. He wanted that rare item. "Okay fine, you cleaned me out. I'm gonna have to close shop for awhile and grab T2 Materials now." He said with a somewhat angry tone. He didn't really wanted to leave his shop just to hunt for materials, but with the changes, he has to do that all over again.