[PP-F2 Music for the soul <<earning a living>> <Itzal, Kooh> Closed

Itzal had heard about the quest earning a living and he had been considering accepting it for some time now.  While most players had their eyes on smith, tailor or alchemist, Itzal was solely focused on preformer.  The only real reason he wanted to become one was so that he could play the lute, but while he was at it he figured he could always make buff songs for other players as well as himself.  Not to mention that getting extra col would definitely help towards getting a house.  He discussed it with Velnia for some time before they both agreed.  She loved humming to a tune he would make up and would be a valuable helper and asset to this profession.  He smiled as she began humming another tune he made.

"You really think I can do it?" he asked.  "Open a shop and all?"  She looked at him and winked as she began humming louder.  He laughed and shook his head.  Open a shop.  Never in his life did he think he'd ever do anything related to a profession in a video game.  He always assumed he'd make games like this (minus the 'if you die you REALLY die' part) but now that he was trapped here he figured he'd make a living somehow.  One this was sure, he would have to keep Niger Natio off while in the shop.  It might scare off customers.  "Well I have to find an npc who will have this quest first.  Where do you think one will be?"  She shrugged and he sighed.  "Guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

Edited by Itzal

Kooh took long strides as she wandered through the Town of Beginnings. The days seemed to melt together at this point, and as always she had no destination in mind as she walked through town. With her hands in her coat pockets and hood pulled halfway over her blonde hair in her usual fashion, the girl's eyes passed over a somewhat familiar figure buried in all the players and NPCs around. The black-haired man called Itzal seemed to be...talking to a dragon? 'Ah, yeah.' Kooh recalled the man showing off his familiar a couple of weeks ago, at least. With a sly smile, she realized an answer to her boredom stood just before her.

"Yo, Itzal!" The blonde called out as she strolled up to him with a playful grin. "What's up, you're just hanging around town today?" She prodded, at the same time eyeing Velnia with a curious gaze.

Edited by Kooh

Itzal heard a familiar voice and turned.  A friendly smile appeared on his face as he recognized Kooh, the girl who liked to embarrass him every chance she could.  He believed she wouldn't be as effective this time around though.  In his honest opinion he thought he had adapted to her humor by now.  She eyed Velnia with a curious gaze, with which Velnia looked at her with a grin on her own.  Itzal stroked her behind the skull, retrieving a purr from her.  He chuckled at her simplicity which only he knew.

"Actually I'm trying to find the npc who gives the quest earning a living.  I've got a few plans set out but they not going to be worth anything if I can't do something with it."  And boy were those plans big.  He found the perfect spot for a shop/home and he was already compiling a list of songs he knew from games and otherwise that he could play.  He wanted to write a few songs but it wasn't going well so far.  He also had the perfect name for his shop but lacked a catchphrase.  He figured he'd come up with something on the way.  "If you want you can come along!"  In truth he hoped she would.  Although she did everything she could to embarrass him he enjoyed having her around.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hmm?" The girl mused aloud, frowning slightly in thought at the raven-haired player's words. Helping him with the quest could be a good way to get her hands on some extra materials. "Ah, you're gonna be a Performer, yeah?" She vaguely recalled their first meeting where Itzal had said something about playing an instrument. She prefaced her next words with a wide grin. "As it happens, I've already done the quest, so I suppose I can help 'ya out." Kooh agreed casually.

The girl wasted little time, turning on her heel and giving a small wave over her shoulder. "C'mon, we gotta go down to the first floor to grab the quest. If you want, we can come back here to actually do it." She half-explained over her shoulder, already heading towards Urbus' teleport gate.

OOC- Since it's been a while I'll play at my new level and skills and pretend like I had Velnia this whole time

Itzal smiled as Kooh led the way.  He followed her to the teleport pad and they found themselves on the first floor.  Kooh led them through the town before they found an old npc sitting on a bench.  With a guitar?  Itzal was hoping to play the lute because it was a medieval game and it was the closest thing to a guitar in those days.  But to find an old man playing one?  What other instruments could there possibly be?  Drums?  Pianos?  Flutes?  Ocarinas?  Either way as he approached the man looked up and smiled.

"Hello there youngster!" he greeted.  "Sorry but I'm not nearly as good with this thing as I once was.  Perhaps some other time?"  Itzal saw the quest option flash in front of him and he accepted.

"Actually, I was hoping you could teach me how to play that.  And how to record songs as well."

Kooh strolled lazily with her hands in her pockets, leading the way to the first floor and the NPC Performer shop she'd visited what felt like ages ago. The girl had gained the profession herself, but hadn't bothered to do anything with it. She couldn't find the motivation to go through the process of opening a shop, let alone take on the responsibility of actually maintaining it. The whole thing sounded like a chore, though she had to admit the thought of chilling out in a quiet room with some music sounded pretty nice.

Shrugging away the thoughts, Kooh waited while Itzal approached the NPC and got the quest objective from the old man. The NPC went through his scripted lines and motions, explaining a few basic principals about recording crystals and the importance of material gathering before providing him with an objective.

After talking with the npc he turned to Kooh and smiled.  All he had to do apparently was find some crystals to record songs into.  Simple as that.

"I have the perfect place in mind.  Let's head for floor three."  As they made their way to the teleport pad he recalled the place he discovered.  The perfect place for a shop.  A lake between two mountains, with a large overhang that shaded elevated ground with a brushless forest nearby as well as a cave.  The cave entrance was narrow and hard to find, but inside were thousands of different colored crystals.  That's where he was heading now.  After they reached it he showed Kooh where the cave was and they entered.  He spread out his arms as they walked into the circular room with walls covered with crystals.  "What do you think?"  He reached over and pulled out a nearby crystal.  It was a pink one and pretty large.  'One down.'  Velnia began flying in circles around the central pillar before landing on Kooh's shoulder and rubbing her head against hers.

ID#  65747

LD:  17

Edited by Itzal

"Whoa..." The word left Kooh in a whisper. She'd followed patiently after Itzal once he'd declared he knew 'just the place' to gather crystals. Her curiosity was piqued, and if she was lucky she could score some crystals of her own out of the trip. When the trio had arrived at their destination the girl had first frowned at the secluded area. It looked peaceful and all, but she imagined some dark cave that nobody bothered to spend their time exploring. What could he possibly have found here that would be worthwhile?

Entering the small cave quickly answered her question. Kooh stared at the faintly glowing crystal formations, taking in the atmosphere while the back of her mind begrudgingly admitted her amazement. "Dang... How'd you find this place?"

Gathering Attempt

Spoiler
  • ID#: 65748
    • BD: 9
    • CD: 1
    • LD: 10 - Fail
    • MD: 7
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • --
    • Itzal:
      • 1 Crafting Material

Edited by Kooh

Itzal leaned against some crystals with their sides to the center so they didn't stab into him.

"I was originally just exploring this floor when I spotted this place.  It looked perfect for my shop/home and I decided to get to know it.  As I walked around I found the secluded entrance."  He winked at her.  "I am trying to become a scout after all."  He sighed and without her knowing tugged at one of the crystals but it didn't budge.  That was the issue with this cave.  There were crystals everywhere but they each took time to grow, and become loose.  That's why he usually went around and around collecting crystals.  He recently found another secluded tunnel though and found that it led to more rooms like this, with each room holding different types of crystals.  The ones in here glowed a certain amount while the next room held crystals that only reflected light but were pitch black in shadows.

ID#  65760

LD:  6

Edited by Itzal

"Ah." The blonde replied simply, a bit surprised at the man. She wasn't sure if it was his increased confidence when speaking with her, or the fact that he flat out-leveled her at this point, but she could tell he carried himself differently than when they first met. Her curious mind wondered if he was still as susceptible to her teasing as he was back then, but didn't feel like putting in the effort to test her theory. She ran her fingers across the crystal formations, idly continuing to examine the room while they spoke.

"So that's a pretty good deal, then." She gave a light smirk and continued. "Stop in here, grab some crystals and bam, quest complete." Though there was probably more he had to do, such as getting a shop set up and all that. While the profession initially had her interest, Kooh's laziness seemed to have outweighed any desire to get her own profession properly started.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 65772
    • BD: 5
    • CD: 4
    • LD: 1 - Fail
    • MD: 1
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • --
    • Itzal:
      • 1 Crafting Material
Edited by Kooh

OOC- Unfortunately yes, as one of his vices if she did it properly he would still ignite in red blush XD

Itzal smiled to Kooh as she talked about how easy the quest was.  Sure the quest was easy, but it could be boring without someone else.  Of course you do have me you know, Ulises said in his head.  Itzal sighed.  Yeah, he had Ulises but then again that's worse.  Ulises made a grunt at the joke and returned to his mental realm, making Itzal grin.  'Aw what's the matter?  Too much for you?'  No reply.  Itzal returned to reality and continued checking crystals.  As he did he began humming to an instrumental song he knew without knowing he was.  He tended to do this a little but unless someone points it out he never realizes.

ID#  65775

LD:  4

Edited by Itzal

Running her slender fingers over the crystals that jutted out from the cave's walls, Kooh took hold of one as it easily dislodged and settled in her hand, allowing itself to be placed in her inventory. A satisfied smile grew on the girl's face, a bit eager to make use of it later. As she turned the pale green piece of rock in her palm, Kooh's attention was tugged back to Itzal, who had begun to hum absently to himself. The smallest smirk crawled over her lips, but she let the man be. She was feeling particularly passive today, which was a bit unusual, but she wasn't going bother herself with it.

"So, any idea how many of these you need to grab before heading back to the NPC?" She asked, continuing to lazily check the crystals after she'd let the one in her hand dissolve into her virtual bag.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 65955
    • BD: 2
    • CD: 11
    • LD: 20 - Success
    • MD: 8
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • 1 Crafting Material
    • Itzal:
      • 1 Crafting Material
Edited by Kooh

Itzal hesitated.  Normally Kooh would pull off something right about now what would purposefully embarrass him, but nothing was coming out.  Suspicious that she was preparing for some ultimate tease or something he answered.  "Maybe three more.  Honestly I'll just probably get some more later on.  It's not like these are going anywhere.  Kooh how have you been?  I mean really?  I haven't seen you lately and you don't seem as energetic as you used to.  Or at least the last time I saw you.  Something going on?"  He felt bad about asking a question like that, but he felt like he should.  It was hardwired into his soul to be concerned about others and he always had to at least try to reach out.  Still, she might not want the offer and end up giving him a cold shoulder.  "If you don't want to talk about it you don't have to," he said, and just then Velnia landed on Kooh's shoulder and rubbed her head playfully against the player's.  Itzal couldn't help but laugh softly as he pulled another crystal from it's hiding spot.

ID#  65961

LD:  19

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Kooh's hand trailed over the jagged crystals poking out from the cave walls one more time before finding its way back to her pocket. Itzal spoke up and grabbed her attention, causing the blonde to stare back at him as he questioned her. Had she really seemed all that different? Maybe. In her and Itzal's few interactions thus far, she'd more or less terrorized him. She first decided she just 'wasn't in the mood', but didn't like that excuse.

An all-too familiar face crossed her mind, and she resisted a scowl as she found herself thinking about the brunette warrior she'd found herself running into far more than she liked. Perhaps the stress of dealing with that nosy person was causing her to slip.

Not wanting to let too much time pass after Itzal had begun to prod her with questions, the girl put on an impish grin as she looked back at the man. "What, don't tell me you missed me giving you a hard time?" She teased. Before she had a chance to continue, a sudden weight pulled down on her shoulder and the girl's expression quickly shifted to her surprise at the familiar now invading her space. "Hey hey, where are your manners?" Kooh teased the dragon as well, lifting a hand up to run her fingers along Velnia's head with a wry smile.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 65999
    • BD: 9
    • CD: 5
    • LD: 11 - Fail
    • MD: 3
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • 1 Crafting Material
    • Itzal:
      • 2 Crafting Materials
Edited by Kooh

While Velnia purred under Kooh's touch with a smirk of her own, Itzal could feel a little blood rushing to his cheeks but not enough to show.  He shook his head.  He was smarter now and could tell she was trying to throw him off.  Something was bothering her and whether or not she wanted to avoid it he couldn't help but feel compelled to help others.

"Of course not.  I'll admit it feels weird since you've never not teased me in the past, but for me that's a red flag.  What's going on Kooh?  I keep secrets if it's that bad.  If you don't want to share that's ok though.  I respect privacy."  Both were painfully true.  He did all he could to keep Ulises hidden from everyone as he had no idea how they would react to hearing that he had a split personality who, although had been tamed by Itzal, was born out of previous rage.  They had worked together then on to improve in skill and in teamwork, as well as handling anger.  He tried to pull a crystal from it's resting spot but nothing budged.  Velnia began making herself comfortable as she found Kooh's shoulder to be cozy, especially with Kooh's interaction.

ID#  66173

LD:  1

Edited by Itzal

'Ugh, this is stupid.' The people she'd met in Aincrad were proving to be nothing like the shallow, self-interested personalities she'd grown accustomed to in the real world. One by one, she seemed to find herself confronted by do-gooders who were more focused on relationship building than personal gain. What odd people. The blonde held back a sigh, her mind quickly running through lines as her fingers absently traced along Velnia's scaled body. She couldn't argue with him, and showing any kind of hostility would just cause his silly concerns to grow. She considered using Cygnus as an excuse--a classic 'being confused about someone else's feelings' situation. 'Nah, that'd just open up a whole new problem topic.'

Kooh gave herself a mental shake of her head. Why was she overthinking things so much? The girl wore a small smile, her gaze trailing across the cave walls as she spoke up. "Nah, it's nothing to worry about." She half-heartedly tried to ease the man's concern. "This place is just a little exhausting sometimes, y'know?" She decided on an excuse any player could relate to. Giving a small shake of her head, she scratched at Velnia's chin and gave the dragon a playful expression. "No sense dwelling on it, though!" She attempted to get Itzal to allow her to change the topic. "Now that you're finally getting your profession maybe it's about time I did something with mine." She frowned thoughtfully, her mind beginning to wander.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 66195
    • BD: 1
    • CD: 6
    • LD: 13 - Fail
    • MD: 1
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • 1 Crafting Material
    • Itzal:
      • 2 Crafting Materials
Edited by Kooh

Although he didn't believe her he let the matter drop.  If she wasn't interested in sharing he wouldn't stop her.  He heard her mention how she had a profession and smiled.  "That's right I forgot about that!  Have you made a shop yet?  Which floor?"  he stopped himself before more questions came out, understanding that some people couldn't stand an overflow of questions.  Itzal had no choice on the matter as he hat thousands of thoughts going through his head every moment, including Ulises' who could think for himself.  Still he wondered what it must be like for your mind to be totally silent.  "Hey, I know this is an odd question but have you ever been in a state where not a single thought is going through your mind?  Where it's quiet?"  As he asked he lifted another crystal free and placed it into his inventory.

ID:  66244

LD:  14 + 4

+1 mat

Edited by Itzal

The blonde glanced over to Itzal, trying to read him before his expression changed and he went with the shift in topic. She felt like he had allowed the prodding to drop, and quickly gave her a string of questions to attend to, this time concerning her own profession. "Ahh, not yet. I've hardly thought about it to be honest." The girl gave a lazy shrug and smirked. "Once I finished the quest all that sounded like too much work." Kooh shook her head lightly. Her words were certainly truthful; she'd essentially put off any more work on her profession because she hadn't felt like it.

The man's demeanor seemed to change just slightly, causing her to look back over as he spoke. She frowned a little at his question, giving it some thought before answering. "Hmm, yeah, I suppose so." She answered rather simply with a small shrug. "Sometimes it's nice not to think about anything. Especially at night, when it's calm and quiet." She spoke more matter-of-factly now, giving a small nod as if to agree with her own words.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 66245
    • BD: 3
    • CD: 6
    • LD: 10 - Fail
    • MD: 2
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • 1 Crafting Material
    • Itzal:
      • 3 Crafting Materials
Edited by Kooh

"Is that a fact?" he asked.  He leaned against the cave wall, slightly envying her.  Hey!  Shut up.  ..... Point taken.  "What's it like?  To be calm like that?  My mind runs way to fast for me, never pausing for a second.  Sometimes I think it's still working out plans and strategies at night when I think I'm sleeping.  That plus."  He stopped himself as what he was about to say would hint Ulises' presence.  "Never mind.  Point is I envy you."  He sighed as he wondered what it would be like to have a quiet mind.  This of course triggered a string of thoughts and questions which caused him to faintly groan.  He needed a break and he didn't know how he could do it.  And he was assuming that this wasn't something that could be taught either.  He was on his own.  Velnia grew a bit concerned and looked his way before he waved dismissively.  "It's nothing Velnia, don't worry."  Velnia shrugged and curled up with Kooh again.  He sighed as he lifted a crystal behind him easily without even looking.

ID#  66246

LD:  15 + 4

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Kooh couldn't help but tilt her head as Itzal responded. 'Huh? I thought he asked that 'cause he was looking for someone to relate to...' She held back a mental groan, figuring out her next words. The girl frowned in thought before speaking again. "Well, you should try it sometime." She shrugged, speaking as if it were truly that simple, bringing a finger up to tap on her chin. A vague thought came to mind, but it involved her actually looking for a place to set up her Performer's shop. The girl had already decided on the type of instrument she would play, if the game allowed it. Perhaps music was just the thing to calm a restless mind. Dismissing the thoughts with a shrug, she decided that was a plan for another day. If she really wanted to record a song, she had some work to do.

"Aaanyway," Kooh placed her hands in her pockets again, shifting her weight as she leaned her head lightly against the dragon still perched on her shoulder. She wouldn't admit it, but Velnia's presence was surprisingly satisfying. "What about you? I take it you've planned out exactly where you're setting up shop and all that?"

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 66248
    • BD: 4
    • CD: 2
    • LD: 11 - Fail
    • MD: 8
  • Total loot:
    • Kooh:
      • 1 Crafting Material
    • Itzal:
      • 4 Crafting Materials