PP - F4 Winter Is Coming <<The Night's King>> (Zandra)

It seemed that with the discover of a new quest the fourth floor settlement of Snowfrost Town was a bustle with NPCs and players alike, however it seemed one had a set direction as he beelined his way through the crowds. The blue-haired player merely gave a glance upwards to look at the blue peregrine falcon that was flying above, "Might as well get this under way."

As he continued to listen to all of the conversations taking place around him he mentally filtered out all of the excess chatter, focusing only on the ones related to the newest quest, "Still...I can remember when I frequented this floor a lot more often."

Pushing aside the memories of back when Teayre's shop was within the snowy village he was able to gather one name, Long Barrow Tavern.

"Guess that's where I need to go."

Quickly stopping to ask a nearby NPC for directions he made his way over. It wasn't long before he found the wooden establishment, the orange lights of a fire reflecting inside. Calming himself the bluenette stepped inside.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zandra streatched her hands high in the air and let out a yawn when she sat up in the bed after a good nights sleep. She blinked a few times to get the sleepiness out of her eyes. Then she left the bed and went for the bathroom to take a shower. She walks into the bathroom and turns on the water. After twenty minutes or so she exits the room and walks downstairs. She checks her shelfs with potions and takes some of them into her inventory. Then she walks out of the entrance, closes it behind her and heading to the main settlement of floor sixteen. She had decided to do a newly released quest she had herd of. It takes place on her old homefloor four. So after a teleportation a dozen floors down she exits the warpgate in Snowfrost. She takes a deep breath. There realy is something special with cold air."Well well, time to get to business." She says and started the walk out of the city. She swipes a few times in the air infront of her and a few seconds later she is clad in the Dark angel armour and have the whip of the warrior hanging by her side. She havent walked far when she spotted something, or someone a bit infront of her. When she sees the blue hair there is no mistaking it."Heya! Cal! You also on your way to the new quest? Mind if I accompany you?" She shouted to the man.

"Hm?"

As Calrex was about to open the door he heard a familiar voice from behind him, turning around to see that it was Zandra. Giving a friendly smile and a wave he gave a nod, "Yeah, I believe this spot is where the quest starts, so I figured to get a jump on it and see how it turns out. If you're up for coming along sure. Hopefully this thing doesn't prove too difficult."

Calmly opening the door he entered inside. The tavern itself wasn't significantly different from the others that littered the floors. It still maintained the same warm, welcoming atmosphere as in the past. However, one man that sat along the benches seemed to stand out. He had weathered features, and a build that revealed his hard work as possibly a hunter or frontiersman. Figuring it was the NPC for the quest the bluenette walked over to him, giving a nod, "I've heard rumors of a man who frequents this tavern, and the story that he had to tell. Mind sharing it with me?"

"Aye..."

Calrex listened attentively to the man's tale, about his happening upon a fortress of ice and stone to the north, one that was the lair of the King of Ice. His wife was lost by the king's hand, and after downing yet another mug of ale, proceeded to offer a reward for bringing him the crown of the slain monster. The bluenette gave a nod, accepting the quest and getting to his feet. Looking over at his teammate he gave a nod, "Looks like we're heading north."

Happily, Calrex agree when she asked if she could tag along."Awesome. It probably gonna be a piece of cake. Specially if you are a part of the group. Also Im not that bad myself. Not as good as you thou, but not trash at least hehe." She said to the knigth.

Zandra followed close after Calrex into the tavern and followed him as he walked up to a hardworking man, or at least he looked at it. She kept close to hear the conversation but not to close to interrupt. After the conversation the quest got accepted.

"Well, as a swede, north is the place that fits me best." She said with a smile on her lips.

"Oh, you're Swedish? That's neat, heh. I haven't been there just yet, but of course I haven't visited many places in the real world, due to work and such."

Calrex gave a nod as he led Zandra out of the tavern, back out into the streets of Snowfrost Town. The cold air met them as his exhale condensed into a small burst of fog as he made his way over towards the exit, "This quest is on the fourth floor, so it certainly shouldn't be equal to something that would take place on the upper levels. With luck we should be able to clear this quickly."

The chilling wind was certainly ever present, but even though he was only clothed in his casual combat gear his <<Survival>> skill did most of the work, keeping his internal temperature at a reasonable level. It didn't completely cancel out whatever incoming elemental changes occurred, but just enough that it wasn't a threat, just the same as when the two had gone through a dungeon during the sandstorm on the fifth floor.

"Hopefully this isn't too far out. The weather isn't a problem, but a snowstorm would make visibility a problem. Certainly wouldn't want to be fighting any undead creatures without being able to see them clearly."

''Oh, you didnt knew I was a swede? I thougth I had told you, but maybe it was someone else.'' Zandra looked at the man beside her.''Talking about contries, where do you come from mister Calrex?'' she realised she havent asked him before, or maybe she just had forgotten.

The black-haired woman followed Calrex out of the tavern. When they was outside again Zandra closed her eyes and took a deep breath. A smile grew on her lips.''There realy is something special with cold air dont you think?'' then she nodded at his comment about this beeing dealt with quickly. ''Yeah.If its something like the Avalanche or Essence of steel this should be no probs.'' she wrinkled her eyebrows and got a more serious look.''Thou, I cant realy get rid of this feeling, a feeling like this wont be as easy as I think and that we should be careful. Thou maybe its just me.''

@Calrex :) I do have time now, at work when there is nothing to do, lunches, morning before startin etc...

Edited by Zandra

Calrex gave a smile and a nod, "I really had no idea, although I guess SAO doesn't really do a good job of showing that huh? Heh, as for me, well I've kind of been all over the place in terms of growing up, but right before I got trapped here I was working in Japan for a tech firm. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if some of the work designing this game was outsourced to one of our departments, but unfortunately I wouldn't have any knowledge about it, heh. So, I guess you could say that if I had a passport it would be one of those now unaccepted world traveler ones."

Looking around the snowry setting it certainly seemed like the blanket of vision-hindering snowfall was getting thicker, but at least not enough to start dropping to HP-leeching levels, "Better keep any eye out for now. With this our range of vision is limited, meaning that we might not be able to see any threats until right before they get the drop on us."

"Well..it's still better than having to deal with finding that dang serpent on the sixteenth floor. Geezes I spent more time finding that one boss than any other in the past."

Zandra brushed out her pile that covered one of her eyes and held her hand so it wouldn’t fall back.’’Yeah, youre right. The snowing have realy started to get more intense.’’ She said while looking ahead to try to spot any sign of possible threat. Thou she didn’t had any skills in any of the searching skills, so there wasn’t much hope for spotting something.’’I cant see a thing. I guess its better for you to take the lead. I’ll keep your back safe for anything that will try to sneak up on you from behind.’’ She moved her hand down to the handle of her trusted whip of the warrior. In the same moment, the hair fell down and covered one of her crimson eyes. Her hair was filled with several dots of white from the large snow-white snowflakes. She glanced over her armoured shoulder to see if anyone was following them, but she didn’t spotted anything unusal, except the heavy snowing.

"Thanks, I think we should be alright for now, but definitely we should each cover half of our field of view. I have a feeling we're getting close."

Giving a calming breath Calrex glanced at the cloud of fog that formed, indicating the difference in chill from the air around him compared to his internal body temperature, or at least the simulated version of it. For all the bluenette may know, the blast of fog may be just an algorithm triggered when player avatars enter into the frozen wilderness. Nonetheless, the stray thoughts quickly left his mind as he continued to glance left and right, "Looks like the blizzard might be starting to clear u..."

ID: 65946
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Craft Dice: 12 (Battle Healing Activated)
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (Extra Damage)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 56 Remaining)

"Watch it!"

Quickly moving to the side the bluenette saw that four creatures were making their way over to the duo. Gripping the Grand Blade II he quickly triggered <<Charge>>, rocketing forward as his newly grandmastered skill propelled him forward even faster than before. His sword began to crackle with energy before he leapt upwards, crashing down with the lightning charged blade piercing the ground below him.

The four wights struck as he landed, their flurry of axes slamming into him before the aura of <<Achilles>> surrounded him, blasting out in time with the electric bolts, ripping through the four as they burst into crystals.

With a small sigh the bluenette quickly looked around, "The storm seems to be letting up with these four creatures down. I wonder if this blizzard is linked to them. There's got to be more around."

Calrex: 291/315 (50(4) DMG - 30(4) MIT / 2 Achilles = 40 DMG | 16 Battle Healing)
13 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 30 MIT
Zandra: ??/??
?? DMG | ? ACC | ? EVA | ?? MIT

Frost Wight: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG + 1 Achilles)
Frost Wight 2: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG + 1 Achilles)
Frost Wight 3: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG + 1 Achilles)
Frost Wight 4: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG +1 Achilles)

Calrex answered her with saying that it should be a good idea to cover each others blindspots. So Zandra kept her eyes and ears consetrated to see and hear anything unusual. The feeling that something was wrong grew in her  for each step they took.’’Cal, I realy don’t li…’’ she suddenly got abrupted when the party member shouted ‘watch it’. Zandra that had been having all her muscles ready immediately threw herself to the side. She landed in the snow and kept up her momentum and rolled a few meter. Then she quickly rose with her whip of the warrior held in a tight grip. Ready to face whatever enemy there was that had engaged them. But before long, the four wights that had appeared was turned into crystals by Calrex.

‘’He, maybe Im not realy needed, you seems to make it pretty good without me.’’ She said with a smile. She looked around and it seemed there wasnt any more enemies that would attack. At least not yet so the coast was clear.''Well, maybe its not needed, but its better to be safe then dead right?'' she closed her crimson eyes for a few seconds. When she opened them, they now shined seablue. She laid her hands on Calrex's chest and a lightblue aura surronded the two of them.''May Dwayna bless you.'' she said, her voice having some kind of overnatural tone in it. A few seconds later Calrex healthbar was back at full again. Zandra blinked and her eyes was red again.''Feeling better?'' she said with a friendly smile.

ID: 66037
CD: 6+2=8 First aid activated on Calrex. +157-133(full health)=24HP healed

Calrex: 315/315 (56/70)
Zandra: 205/205 (50/50)

Edited by Zandra

ID: 66040
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (No Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 43 Remaining)

Feeling Zandra's healing take effect Calrex gave a friendly smile and a nod, "Already back at full. Trust me, having someone around is still better than doing things alone, even at my level. There was a new quest released on the sixteenth floor that required taking down a giant serpent. I think I'm the only one so far that has done it solo, but it took significantly longer than I had planned for it."

Looking around the bluenette could hear more footsteps closing in quickly, "Looks like we were right to stay on guard."

Quickly turning to face their foes the bluenette rushed forward again, closing the distance instantly with <<Charge>> once again. This time, he waited for the creatures to try and strike before leaping skywards, their axes hitting the ground where he was standing before the Ultramarine Knight came back down, the Grand Blade Ii already crackling with his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art's energy.

Just as swiftly as the first four went down, this next set of wights were eliminated with the bolts of electrical energy. With their destruction the fierce blizzard that was surrounding the two players immediately calmed and faded away, exposing what appeared to be a ruined frozen castle in the distance, not a far walk away.

Resheathing his sword Calrex gave a nod, "I guess the storm was to conceal the location of the castle. I can only suspected that even if we bypassed the wights, we wouldn't find that because it wouldn't have spawned into the world. In any case, shall we?"

Calrex: 315/315
Zandra: 205/205

Frost Wight 5: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)
Frost Wight 6: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)
Frost Wight 7: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)
Frost Wight 8: 0/100 (13+5 DMG * 7 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)

Zandra felt good. Maybe it wasnt needed, but she always felt like she had did some good when she uses her frist aid skill. Like, her hard work haven’t all been in vain but that she had accomplished something more then just grandmaster a skill. And with the latest update, it have turned a little harder, but on the other hand, it have been a lot more useful since now half the players health comes back instead of a fifth.’’Im just glad my first aid skill actually do something instead of just only taking up one of the skill slots.’’ She said with a smile on her cold lips.’’Hmm, a giant serpent you say? That sounds interesting. Maybe I will check it out after we are done here.’’

Suddenly, a new group of Wgihts appeared. Zandra raised her shield and placed herself in battlestance, prepared to engage. Thou the knight was faster. Also, after his attack, all of the enemies was vanquished and no longer seen. She lowered the shield and walked up to Calrex.’’Oh maaan. Im sorry but I cant help when it comes to take out several enemies at the same time.’’ She raised the whip and looked at it.’’I only have a single AOE with this one at the moment, and it is crazy weak.’’ She let out a sigh. Because of that, her grinding hade been taken so much longer time. And soloing dungeons as well.’’Well well. Im working on the one-handed curved sword. So soon, soon.’’

She looked around since after the death of the other group, the snowstorm has faded and now they could see, they was at a large castle made of ice and stone.’’Wohaa!’’ she said with a surprised tone in her voice.’’I wasn’t prepared for this, realy.’’ She said and scratched her neck.

"Heh, well if you do decide to take it on at least take Jomei along with you. The dang thing was hard to find before the battle, and just as difficult when you finally find it."

Looking towards the castle Calrex gave a small sigh, "Don't worry about not having an AOE though. The one I just used is my most powerful, and there's a handful of weapons that have Sword Arts stronger than it. Heh, maybe at my level I should start diversifying and maybe pick up another weapon. Curved Sword is definitely an idea."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets the bluenette gave a nod, "This is definitely a quest we should be careful on. The most from the info brokers I got about this quest was just how to start it, so likely whatever information we gain from this might be useful to other player that will take this after us."

Approaching the frozen fortress the Ultramarine Knight's eyes began to scan the exterior, taking in the textures and accessories to the castle. It was certainly worn down, with large cracks traveling up many surfaces, some leading up to crumbled arches and flying buttresses. Broken glass windows decorated the faces of the chapel-like areas, while ramparts had large parts reduced to bricks, "Well, in any case, better not keep this king waiting."

"Yeah, Ive checked thru the different weapons before picking up the curved sword. And yes, the greatsword is better for aoe but I dont want to lose mäthe possibility to use a shield." She said and raised her shield before lowering it back down.

Zandra raised her eyebrows when the knight said he only knew how to start the quest."Realy? Then maybe it was because of that I also had herd very little information. Usually, I makes much research before heading out for a new quest. But this time I was kinda bored so just headed out and thougth Id found out more while doing it. Also it was a nice surprise that I ran into you amd we can do this together. Much more fun then solo quests right?" She finished.

Now she took another look at the newly appeared construction. The castle realy was something else. The arcitexture looked beutiful but scary at the same time. And the way the stone and ice kinda blended into each others here and there so you didnt knew if it was the one or the other."Yeah, youre right. I dont think he gonna be very happy if the guests of honor is gonna be late." She said with a wink.

ID: 66601
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 34 Remaining)

"Heh, no kidding. Alright then, let's get to work."

Readying his sword once again Calrex gave a calming breath, stepping up to the massive double doors, the buildup of snow falling gently over the archway as it opened forth. The loud stone doors creaked open, shut apparently from years of age.

Standing before the two was the quest boss, the undead humanoid creature known as the <<Night's King>>. His eyes were an eerie red as the monstrous form stood up from his throne, a icy exhale escaping his lips. The man's long beard flowed in the chilling wind as he reached over, picking up the massive double headed axe.

"Alright, get ready Zandra."

With a quick motion the bluenette streaked forward, triggering his <<Charge>> skill. However, there was a strange sensation that coursed through him as he entered into the throne room. It felt like his strength, both from his abilities and the momentum from his skill, were lessened. Gritting his teeth he triggered <<Meteor Break>>, the Grand Blade II shining with the golden glow of the Sword Art. He cut rapidly across the giant's form before being batted away with a swing of the king's axe. The blow triggered Achilles, which blasted out with the blue retaliation aura of the ability.

Sliding into a row of benchs Calrex gave a calming breath, looking at his hand in surprise, "Zandra be careful! There's an effect in this room. I think it's keeping us from attacking at full strength."

(H: 2) Calrex: 292/315 (75 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 23 DMG)
Zandra: 205/205

Night's King: 217/300 (10+2 DMG * 11 Art - 50 MIT = 82 DMG + 1 Achilles / Stunned Until Next Turn)
75 DMG

Spoiler

Critical Bonus - 85 DMG (BD9), 100 DMG (BD10)

«Weaken Area»
(Passive)
Players facing the Night's King within his throne room receive a variable debuff to their base damage. If their base damage is above 10, it will automatically be reduced to 10. If their base damage is below 10, no change will occur. The bonus damage from charge is nullified as well, although the effects of the skill’s mods are not.

''You dont need to tell me twice.''Zandra said as he told her to be ready.

She took a steady grip of her whip when the king appeared and focused her mind on the creature infront of the two adventurers. Calrex, that was the first one engage the king. The crimson eyed female prepared to jump in as soon as her companion left the floor for her to dance on. When she looked at him, something seemed to be wrong. He not only got some change in his charge compared to fighting the wights, but also did the health bar of the king lowered way little if you think what Calrex should be able to do. Still Zandra recognized his trongest sword art.

She looked at him with a curious face when he backed to leave room for her. The knight warned her that there was some effect from the room.''Okay, I'll be careful.'' she said. Then she turned her eyes back at the king. To close the distance between them quicker she activated her charge skill. Thou just as Calrex said, some effect in the room prevented her from gaining the speed she needed. She got the feeling of running thru water so when she was within range, she havent built up even the slightest of momentum to increase her power.''Come on now whip, you can do this.'' she said to herself and activated the <<shattering colossus>>. The whip got contact around the kings neck. Then he flew thru the air twice, slamming the floor which made more then a third of his health disapear. Thou she should have dealt alot more. Then she headed back to Calrex.''Yeah youre right. Something is definitely wrong.''

ID: 66611
BD: 5+3=8 Hit 14-4(weaken area)=10x16=160-50=110 Dmg dealt

(H: 2) Calrex: 292/315 (75 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 23 DMG)
Zandra: 205/205 (34/50)
14 DMG | 3 ACC | 1 LD | 79 MIT

Night's King: 107/300 -110 dmg

Edited by Zandra

ID: 66601
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2) = 3 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 24 Remaining)

With Zandra's attack Calrex confirmed what whatever effect was in the area certainly applied to both of them. However, it appeared that maybe all of their worry was for nothing, as the healer's own attack seemed to outdo his own opening strike. The bluenette could feel a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as the field boss' health drop, "Geezes, heh."

The monster was still stunned as he tried to lift its axe, but he didn't give it a moment to recover, immediately rushing in once again with his <<Meteor Break>> attack. Shining cuts riddled the <<Night's King>>'s body as he completed the barrage, leaving only a small chunk in the new red health bar of the creature.

"Alright, last shot Zandra. Let's finish this up and get out of here."

(H: 2) Calrex: 292/315
(H: 1) Zandra: 205/205 (34/50)

Night's King: 47/300 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 50 MIT = 60 DMG / Stun End)
75 DMG

Hide contents

Critical Bonus - 85 DMG (BD9), 100 DMG (BD10)

«Weaken Area»
(Passive)
Players facing the Night's King within his throne room receive a variable debuff to their base damage. If their base damage is above 10, it will automatically be reduced to 10. If their base damage is below 10, no change will occur. The bonus damage from charge is nullified as well, although the effects of the skill’s mods are not.

’’Last shot already?’’ she answered Calrex when he returned from the king after landing another attack on it.’’This fight took way shorter then I thougth after founding out the area that effects this room.’’ She said and moved her arm in a halfcircle point on the room.’’But guess enough talking.’’ She continued and her eyes went from the knight to the king. She prepared one of her strongest sword arts. She was a little tired of slamming mobs into the ground so wanted to test something new. She darted forward to close the gap between them. And when he was in range of her whip, she activated her <<called shot>>. She moved her hand behind her head and then moved it forward as much power she could. With one eyed closed to get a better aim, the chain flew thru the air, strike the kings heart with pinpoint accuracy.’’Hehe, gottcha.’’ She said as she relatively small red stripe on his chest emptied the bar above his head and he bursted into an ocean of blue and white crystals. Lighting up the room in a very thematic shine.’’Guess he is not as cocky anymore.’’Zandra said as she turned around and gave Calrex a wink and a thumb up.

ID: 66700
BD: 10 nat Crit +2 14-4(weaken area)+2=12x9=108-50=58 Dmg dealt

(H: 0) @Calrex: 292/315
(H: 0) Zandra: 205/205 (26/50)

Night's King: 0/300 -DEAD-

Edited by Zandra

With the Night King's fall Calrex gave a sigh of relief. It appeared that the katana training he had received from Baldur had started to carry over into his one-handed sword techniques. Bringing the blade over his head he flicked it to the side, as if to cleanse it of any residue before letting the weight of the sword pull it into a reverse grip. Calmly sliding the sword against the sheath on the back of his hip he felt for the tip to reach the scabbard's opening before lifting his arm, sliding it home as the blade lock engaged. Sliding his hand off of the handle he felt the raging emotions of combat be cast aside as well, the noto he had learned from the samurai-themed warrior.

Acknowledging Zandra;s expression the bluenette gave his own thumbs up and a smirk, "No kidding. We certainly laid into that creature. I thought the battle was going to be much more difficult, but I guess that in the end it turned out to be otherwise."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets Calrex looked back towards the doors, "Well, no reason to bide our time in this place. Let's get started making our way back. I think the blizzard we dispersed with those other creatures outside should be long gone now, so we don't have to worry about feeling the chill, heh."

Zandra looked down at the long chain she held in her hand.’’Yeah, thanks to this whip, Ive been able to one-shot so many enemies and bosses. It almost turned out to be boring after awhile.’’ She looked up and shrugged her shoulders.

The knight king was gone and the two players had completed the quest, so Zandra nooded.’’Yeah, I think that’s a good idea.’’ She answered. Her eyes gazed out thru the gate.’’I wonder if we ever going to be able to get out of this game. It feels kinda hopeless by now if you ask me.’’ She said, half to herself. She shoke her head after a few seconds of silence.’’No, don’t listen to me. Lets head back home.’’ With a smile on her face she started heading back to snowfrost town. Just as Calrex had said, there was no storm anymore. It seemed it was just there to make it harder for them to find the king.