[F4 - El Quarto Instructor Performer] CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

"Hello?" Teion's violet hair hung down over her shoulder as she leaned the upper-half of her body through the unlocked door. The location of the performer's shop intrigued her; it was peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of the popular city of Delilah. The blacksmith waited half a second before slipping her whole self through the door and taking a look around. A few days back she heard that a performer would be able to craft the type of item she was looking for, and shortly after someone had informed her of theshop on the third floor.

Once she would speak to the raven-haired shop owner, Teion would give a small nod in greeting. "I'm looking for a song that will charm a monster." She tried to explain. "Perhaps slow music? I'm worried about overwhelming it." She wasn't sure what aspects of the crafting process he had control of, but since the game boiled down to numbers Teion was sure he would be able to make an item that would work for her.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Itzal woke up and headed downstairs.  He needed to get back to crafting so he could finish Kasier's order.  He'd been slacking like crazy but now he was getting his muse to play music again.  Mainly because he had ideas as to what he could make his good quality songs do.  Specially abilities that could only activate outside of combat and didn't effect the mechanics of the system.  Thus his good quality effects would have purpose once again!  He was about to grab his guitar when a player walked in.  He turned and noticed that it was the same player who crafted his sword.  He smiled.  "Hello again!  Thanks again for the sword!"  Then she asked if he could craft her a familiar call.  At the word Familiar Velnia flew down to see who wanted a familiar.  Itzal nodded.  "Yeah I can work on it.  I might be rusty since I haven't been active for a while, but that's going to change soon.  I'll message you when it's done."  Itzal grabbed his guitar and sat down, strumming and tuning it for a bit, messing around with songs and utterly ruining them until he got the tune just right.  When he did a good quality song was produced.  It's effects were very weak but it was a start.  His next attempts produced uncommon items and another fail.  Itzal sighed.  Oh well. 

ID#  81400  CD:  3  <2+1>  Fail  2

ID#  81401  CD:  4  <3+1>  Fail  2

ID#  81402  CD:  1  Fail  2

ID#  81403  CD:  6  <5+1>  Good  3

ID#  81404  CD:  9  <8+1>  Uncommon  4  Pending

ID#  81405  CD:  10  <9+1>  Uncommon  4  Pending

ID#  81406  CD:  3  <2+1>  Fail  2

Spoiler

Good item: 

Effects:  anyone listening to the song can find it easier to relax their body and mind.  Potency level:  poor

Edited by Itzal

Itzal returned to his work once again, heading down to his shop and grabbing his guitar.  He sat down by the fireplace outside and let out a comfortable sigh.  He messed around with the strings before getting to work.  He wanted to start by improving on his work the previous day and crafted another calming song.  The song took a while to craft but once he finished he was satisfied with his work and set the song crystal aside.  It had a much stronger potency than before but he didn't want it to be too potent.  Otherwise it could be used as a weapon against other players.  Next he tried to experiment and come up with a new type of specialized song.  However the result was a total failure.  The next song ended up being an uncommon song and the next three were utter failures.  Finally he managed to craft Teion's song and he smiled, setting the crystal to the side and moving to message her. 

@Teion

ID#  81504  CD:  7  <6+1>  Good 3

ID#  81505  CD:  1  Fail 2

ID#  81506  CD:  10  <9+1>  Uncommon  pending 4

ID#  81507  CD:  4  <3+1>  LD:  8  Fail 2

ID#  81508  CD:  5  <4+1>  LD:  3  Fail 2

ID#  81509  CD:  3  <2+1>  Fail 2

ID#  81510  CD:  12  <11+1>  Perfect  pending 9

Spoiler

Good item

Effects:  Anyone listening to the song finds it much easier to calm their body or mind.  Potency:  Strong  Length:  Entire thread.

Edited by Itzal
  • 3 weeks later...

Itzal needed to get Kasier's order out of the way, and now that nobody else was sending an order and he had the materials, he could get to work.  Itzal pulled out the appropriate song crystals and pulled out his guitar.  He had no clue what he should sing so he decided he'd just strum some instrumental songs.  He began to play but it turned out to be horribly out of tune and the song was completely ruined.  He stopped and took his time tuning his guitar again.  As he did however he noticed that the second crystal had already recorded.  When he stopped however it was quick enough to clear the song in the crystal so he was able to save it.  He tried again and managed an uncommon craft.  His fourth attempt was so horrible he would never speak of it again.  And so the failures kept coming until he managed to craft a warming song, weak potency.  He called it a day and moved on.

ID#  83245  CD:  4  3+1  LD:  10

ID#  83246  CD:  4  3+1  LD:  18 Material saved

ID#  83247  CD:  10  9+1 

ID#  83248  CD:  1

ID#  83249  CD:  3  2+1

ID#  83251  CD:  8  7+1

ID#  83253  CD:  5  4+1  LD:  3

Result:  1 uncommon, 1 good pending

Edited by Itzal

Itzal re entered his shop yet again with the hopes of crafting Kasier's order.  He got to work by pulling his guitar off and sitting down beside the fire.  Velnia landed on another chair, eager to hear more music and Itzal chuckled.  His adorable little purple dragon was nothing more than, well, adorable.  Regardless of his day she always managed to make him smile.  Still.  Recently his thoughts had been redirected to Fearx.  Much had distracted him from the thought but it would always come back to him...  Regardless it was time to play some songs and thus, attempt to make a few crafts.  His first attempt ended up being yet a rare item.  He decided to give it lullaby as well as hypnosis.  Most players forgot that items could have more than one enhancement on them after all.  His second song however was so horrible even Velnia covered her head.  He trashed that one.  The next one was also a failure though not as bad, and the fourth was an uncommon which he gave mob attraction.  After that came another rare and two failures.  With that he called it a wrap.

ID#  83288  CD:  11  10+1

ID#  83289  CD:  1

ID#  83290  CD:  3  2=1

ID#  83291  CD:  9  8+1

ID#  83292  CD:  11  10+1

ID#  83293  CD:  6  5+1

ID#  83294  CD:  1

Edited by Itzal

Today was the day he was going to complete her order.  He could feel it in his soul.  At least, he thought that was how the phrase went.  Despite the fact that he didn't have much muse earlier, he was determined to get these songs crafted.  He pulled out his guitar and began to start playing a few tunes.  The first one turned out to be a rare item again and made it another debuff.  His second song turned out perfectly!  He grinned when he heard the song's finished product and was pleased to see that it was a perfect.  He crafted another...  Perfect....  And another one.  All three of them had no flaws in them whatsoever, he didn't even need the guitar's enhancement to make it perfect.  The next one, as he had expected, was a failure, but still he had managed to craft three perfect song crysta- no, scratch that, make it four.  He had Kasier's order all set up and the last one was an utter failure.  Most likely to balance out the huge haul he had just made.

ID#  83402  CD:  11  <10+1>

ID#  83403  CD:  12

ID#  83404  CD:  12

ID#  83405  CD:  12

ID#  83406  CD:  4  <3+1>  LD:  9

ID#  83407  CD:  12  <11+1>

ID#  83409  CD:  1

Spoiler

For @Kasier

Name: Never gonna let you down
Profession:  Performer
ID:  83403
Roll:  12
Item Type:  Healing
Tier:  2
Quality:  Perfect
Enhancements:  Heals entire party for 90 health
Description: 

Post link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13078-f3-el-tercio-tocador-performer-the-dragons-soul/?do=findComment&comment=515941

Name:  Red is the rose
ID:  83404
Item Type:  Healing song
Enhancements:  Heals party for 90 health
Description: 

Post link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13078-f3-el-tercio-tocador-performer-the-dragons-soul/?do=findComment&comment=515941

Name: Crystallize
ID:  83405
Enhancements:  Heals party for 90 health
Description: 

Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13078-f3-el-tercio-tocador-performer-the-dragons-soul/?do=findComment&comment=515941

Name:  Tribe of Avaren
ID:  83407
Roll:  12  <11+1>
Enhancements:  Heals party for 90 Health
Description: 

Edited by Itzal

Hurrying back to the performer's shop on the third floor, Teion looked around for the shop owner once she had arrived. Quickly spotting the raven-haired scout as he appeared to be practicing his craft in solitude. She stepped inside, giving a nod in greeting when her presence was noticed. "Thank you." She said simply, initiating the trade for the item and typing in the col she would offer up for the crystal. She had glanced over the man's prices when she had first placed the order, but felt as though he deserved a bit extra for the item. She completed the trade, pressing the confirmation with her index finger before the windows vanished in front of them and gave the performer another small nod in thanks. "Good luck."

With the transaction complete, the blacksmith started the trek back to Delilah where she would eventually teleport back to Armadillo and take the oh-so-familiar walk back to Fortaleza. Back to her own shop, where she would likely plan out her strategy for the quest she planned to take.

Trade Confirmation:

Spoiler

Kasier had already paid for the songs that she requested when she ordered the items. Now, she finally can put some healing items into her inventory which might come in handy when healing low-leveled players. Sure, it would not make that much of a difference when healing higher leveled players as her first aid skill would heal a lot more but having a back-up is not a bad idea. Although she doubts the fact that she'll truly use the items that she ordered, she won't mind having it.... Especially since the songs are very scenario-specific. In order to maximize the effects of the songs, she needed to be healing a party of low-leveled players and now that she was getting closer and closer to the higher leveled players, she had kind of stopped interacting with the lower leveled players. Kasier smiled as she received the items from Itzal. "Thanks for the songs, Felix. I paid when I ordered the items. Since I might be getting a familiar soon, I was wondering if you could make a song for me for that. I'll pay in materials." 

+4 Mass HP Recovery Songs (+90 HP)
-500 Col

Spoiler

Name: Up to you
Profession: Performer
ID:

Roll:
Item Type: Attraction Song
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 1x Familiar Call
Description: Up to you

Edited by Kasier

Sky walked into the shop on the third floor, outside the city and near a lake. It was a beautiful place, though he didn't come to admire it, he needed something. He groaned, wishing he could do this himself, but he couldn't. He walked in, going to the counter and putting his request in. He really needed this song so he could get a familiar, he knew it would help him insanely!!!

"Umm hey, could you please perform this for me? I don't mind the song, but i would like an Familiar Call crystal" He said, putting up the 500 Col needed to pay for it.

Name: (Can't find a good nature one XD)
ID: <leave blank>
Roll: <leave blank>
Item Type:  Song
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements:  Familiar Call
Description:  What song is it?  If you don't choose than I will XD
Post Link:  <Leave blank>

Itzal watched Kasier come into the shop and smiled as he always enjoyed seeing her.  She smiled as well and he handed her the order.  Late yes, but perfects weren't easy for him to craft.  She mentioned how she had paid beforehand and Itzal nodded.  "Yeah I remember.  I also recall you refused to use any discounts at all, insisting on paying what was on the order form, though technically all payments are negotiable."  He grinned when he spoke and then she gave another order, handing over five hundred col along with it.  Itzal saw the order and nodded.  "Alright then.  Velnia will be excited to see what type of familiar you plan to get.  As do I."  He smiled and waved as she left and was about to get to work when another player walked in.  Itzal didn't recognize the man but that didn't matter.  When he ordered pretty much the same thing Itzal smiled and nodded, accepting the col.  "Yeah no problem.  I'll message you when it's done ok?"  With that Itzal started his crafting, managing to craft one perfect, one rare, and two good items.  He stored the appropriate items before messaging Kasier that her item was ready for pickup.

ID#  84111  CD:  7  <6+1>

ID#  84112  CD:  12  <11+1>

ID#  84113  CD:  11  <10+1>

ID#  84114  CD:  3  <2+1>

ID#  84115  CD:  8  <7+1>

ID#  84116  CD:  4  <3+1>

ID#  84117  CD:  4  <3+1>

2 good, 1 rare 1 perfect  @Kasier

Spoiler

Name:  Celtic Forest
ID:  84112
Roll:  12  <11+1>
Item Type:  Attraction
Tier:  1
Enhancements: Famaliar Call
Description: 

Post link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13078-f3-el-tercio-tocador-performer-the-dragons-soul/?do=findComment&comment=516722

Edited by Itzal

Itzal entered the shop again in hopes that he could craft Stryder's request.  The player was new to him and Itzal was hoping they could become friends someday.  In the meantime he would work on his craft.  Itzal picked up his guitar and walked over to the fire.  After he caught up on crafts he would like to try crafting a few incarceration debuffs:  An enhancement that doubled the damage taken by damage over time effects.  Of course it didn't work on floor bosses but who knows?  Maybe they would work in the future?  And it never hurt to be prepared.  Itzal began to strum the instrument and found that it was out of tune again.  After adjusting he tried to play a song but it still sounded off.  He played again and it fell out of tune a second time.  Itzal sighed, fixed the issue and played it again, managing to craft a rare this time and made it a healing song.  His next attempt was nothing but disappointing.  Finally he managed to craft two good quality songs.  Realizing he wasn't getting anything else he put his instrument away and moved to his next appointment.

ID#  84425  CD:  1

ID#  84426  CD:  9  <8+1>

ID#  84427  CD:  1

ID#  84428  CD:  11  <10+1>

ID#  84429  CD:  1

ID#  84430  CD:  8  <7+1>

ID#  84431  CD:  8  <7+1>

1 rare 1 uncommon :p

Edited by Itzal

Vigilon was walking around floor 3, and he noticed a two-story building. When he got closer to it, he noticed it looked familiar. When he entered, it came to him almost instantly. This was Itzal's shop! Of course, he would need something for later, so why not order a song now so he might be prepared? He looked carefully at the display case, the one with the healing songs, and picked up one of them. Then he walked over to Itzal, saying, "Hey Itzal! it's been a while since I last saw you!" Veriost woke up from napping on Vigilon's shoulder, and began looking at Itzal curiously. Vigilon had to thank Itzal for helping him start off, and now he needed to buy something from his shop. Vigilon believed that in comparison to how he was when he started, he had come pretty far. "I'd like to buy this song crystal."

@Itzal

Ordered Item in Spoiler:

Spoiler

Name: Never Gonna Let You Down
Profession: Performer
ID: 66741
Roll: 12
Item Type: Healing Song
Enhancements: Mass HP recovery -  Heals the entire party for 45 HP
Description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8lXUUpkzo

Itzal heard the bell ring not long after he had made his crafting attempts for the day and saw a player he hadn't seen for a while.  He grinned and waved, Velnia flying over.  "Hey Vigilon!  Nice to see you!"  As Velnia flew closer she stopped mid flight and dropped her jaw.  Was that...  Velnia shot faster than Vigilon could blink towards the dragon, stopping just centimeter's away from the frost dragon.  She began to get excited and bounced up and down through the air, licking the dragon's cheek before bouncing around again.  Itzal shook his head.  "She hasn't seen another dragon familiar as of yet so you'll need to excuse her.  How can I help you?"  Itzal saw Vigilon pick out a song crystal and he nodded.  "Yeah that's for sale.  It'll cost either five col or seven materials, the choice is yours.  It's negotiable if you can't afford it though, since I really don't need anything."

@Vigilon

Vigilon was startled by the sudden mid-flight stop Velnia made, and Veriost jumped back, onto Vigilon's head upon the close contact from the hyperactive mini-dragon, and with her wings opened up and flapping, she kind of took that stance cats make when they are angry/feel threatened. "Raahhh!!.....rrrrrmmmmmm....." Vigilon had a little trouble standing straight with Veriost on his head like that. "Whoa! Easy, Veriost!" A half-chuckle came out, and Vigilon went back to the matter at hand. "I'll pay in col." Vigilon still had some trouble trying to stand up straight with the extra weight on his head, despite that it wasn't much. Veriost kept her stance, her eyes fixed on Velnia, in case she did anything that might drag her out of her comfort zone. Well, she already was out of her comfort zone. However, it was hard, no, impossible to keep track of Velnia's movements, so all she could do was "Prepare for the worst". Although she didn't even know the other dragon, she wasn't prepared for what Velnia did at all.

@Itzal

-500 Col

+Never Gonna Let You Down(Mass HP recovery)

Itzal watched as Velnia continued to try befriending the frost dragon whose name appeared to be Veriost.  Itzal chuckled and gave a sharp whistle which turn her attention back to Itzal and he gestured for her to come over.  She switched attention between Veriost and Itzal before grudgingly gliding over to Itzal.  "We can't keep them forever Velnia.  Hey Vigilon, maybe you and I can spend some time together later on?  I need to craft at the moment so I'll see you later!"  He finished the trade and watched the player leave before pulling out his guitar.  He began to attempt his crafts and managed to make a good item as well as a perfect.  Everything else was utter failures.  One of them he did manage to salvage however and he looked at the perfect item he crafted for his customer.  Now that this was done he would be able to craft some incarceration songs.  He somehow felt he or other's could use them.

ID#  84449  CD:  3  <2+1>

ID#  84450  CD:  8  <7+1>

ID#  84451  CD:  1

ID#  84452  CD:  3  <2+1>

ID#  84453  CD:  12

ID#  84454  CD:  5  <4+1>  LD:  17

ID#  84455  CD:  3  <2+1>

@Stryder receives Ambient Music vvv

Spoiler

Name: Ambient Music
ID: 84453
Item Type:  Song
Tier: 1
Enhancements:  Familiar Call
Description:  

Post Link:  http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/13078-f3-el-tercio-tocador-performer-the-dragons-soul/?do=findComment&comment=517226

Edited by Itzal

The road rolls ever on and on

ID#  84477  CD:  3  <2+1>

ID#  84478  CD:  12  <11+1>

ID#  84479  CD:  10  <9+1>

ID#  84480  CD:  11  <10+1>

ID#  84481  CD:  11  <10+1>

ID#  84482  CD:  11  <10+1>

ID#  84483  CD:  4  <3+1>  LD:  5

Edited by Itzal
  • 1 month later...

Itzal had recently received a message from his close friend Jonathan, asking if he could meet him on the twenty first floor and bring a familiar call with him.  This news was sad since it meant that his familiar died, but he knew Jonathan was strong and would probably get past it.  Especially since, while they felt real, they were in fact nothing but code.  Still, Itzal never had a pet before, and very much enjoyed Velnia's company.  He got to work in his shop, his first craft being the song and ended up being perfect...  The others were not nearly as good.  Itzal stared at his work, nothing but failures and a few good items.  He really hoped he leveled up soon, because this was just ridiculous.  Honestly, while he very much enjoyed his craft, he sometimes wished Kayaba would update it.

ID#  86140  CD:  11+1

ID#  86141  CD:  1

ID#  86142  CD:  5+1

ID#  86143  CD:  3+1

ID#  86144  CD:  7+1

ID#  86145  CD:  6+1

ID#  86146  CD:  1

Edited by Itzal
  • 3 weeks later...

The shop was unlike any the girl had seen before. She'd spent so long in her own shop, one clad in stone, that to see a shop of such colour was, refreshing. It wasn't hard for the blacksmith to spot the owner, and she smiled at him. She knew what she needed, she'd been planning it for some time and everything had to be perfect. This song, a song that calmed her down, had to be the one....It just had to be. 

"Hi. I was wondering if you'd be able to make this for me, the Familiar Calling song...I'm going to try and find a familar soon..a-and i'd like the best shop at getting one without hurting it..." 

Spoiler

Name:  Path is yours to take
ID: <leave blank>
Roll: <leave blank>
Tier: 
Enhancements:   When played during the Feeding the Enemy quest, gain +1 LD when attempting to tame a familiar. Effect lasts for one thread.
Description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jlvaMQ18aA

Itzal was still in the process of increasing the rank on his profession which wasn't very good at the moment.  Or at least, nobody had a use for his crafts other than familiar calls.  Itzal however could see a use of debuffs.  Especially when fighting dungeon bosses or mobs who've become very powerful due to a player's rise in level.  Suddenly the shop door opened up and he turned around to see a new face.  He smiled and chuckled when Velnia flew from the upstairs and sat on a little stand, tilting her head curiously at the new player.  The girl seemed extremely shy but seemed to request a familiar call for obvious reasons.  Itzal took the order and nodded to her with a smile.  "No problem, give me just a second."  He walked over to behind the counter and picked up his guitar.  Sitting down on a chair inside he began to test some of the strings to make certain it was tuned.  Usually he would craft outside but well, the customer was waiting soooo..  Yeah.  While he messed with the strings, Velnia landed on the girl's shoulders and licked her cheek before nuzzling against her.  (Velnia's a purple adorable dragon).  He managed to successfully sing and play/record the song.  "Alright!  It's ready!"  He said.  While waiting for her to reply he went ahead and crafted two more songs, one a good quality and one that was a perfect debuff.

ID#  86483  CD:  12

ID#  86484  CD:  1

ID#  86485  CD:  7  <6+1>

ID#  86486  CD:  12  <11+1>

@Eatos

Spoiler

Name:  Path is yours to take
ID: 86483
Tier: 
Enhancements:   When played during the Feeding the Enemy quest, gain +1 LD when attempting to tame a familiar. Effect lasts for one thread.
Description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jlvaMQ18aA

Name:  Head On
Profession: Performer
ID: 86486
Roll: 12  <11+1>
Item Type:  Debuff
Enhancements:  3 lullaby
Description:  An action packed song that makes it difficult for the opponent to focus

Edited by Itzal

The girl thanked Itzal for taking the order, and would have sat and listened to him sing, had she not been visited by an adorable small dragon. Eatos's face lit up and she petted the familiar carefully while she waited for her song to be done. She allowed the familiar to fully consume her attention that she was caught slightly off-guard by the completion of her song. 

She looked up, before opening her inventory. While the wall only said 600ish for a perfect song, given that she'd been playing with an adorable familiar. She took out 900 Col from her personal spending, opening up the trade offer and placing it forwards in exchange for her song. 

"Thank you for this, your familiar is so cute and playful, you're a lucky one.."

Items Lost:

-900 Col

Items acquired:

-Familar Calling Song

Edited by Eatos