[F21- Rank 8 Artisan] Odds and Ends ~ (Closed)

Beatbox had a couple of things he needed to get... two of which his friend Birdie could take care of. Beatbox was working on redesigning his look, he's always wanted to look like a star... and in a game like this you can look like it, which is just like a dream come true. Beatbox giggled and found himself at floor one again back at Birdie's Artisan's store. Beatbox knocked on the door and entered "Helllloooo Birdie!" he said with a giggle. His familiar sniffed around the store and touched on of the gears on the floor with his paw. Beatbox looked at Ocarina and told him "No touchy." and went over to Birdie. "Heya Birdie, I need two custom orders in... sorry for making you so busy all of the sudden, I'll pay in Materials for you since I have no idea how many you have at the current moment." he said as he scrolled through his inventory getting the materials to pay for the custom orders.

-10 Materials

Spoiler

Name: Append Necklace v.1
Profession: Artisan
ID:  (leave blank)
Roll: (leave blank)
Item Type: Trinket - Necklace
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: ACC x3
Description: A bright and cheery necklace that says "look at me!", helps the wielder accurately swing his/her weapon in style.
 Looks Like

Spoiler

Name: Performace Note v.1
Item Type: Trinket
Enhancements: Prosperity x3
Description: A Necklace with a custom music note that helps him get more money. Don't ask just enjoy the music. Looks Like

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Is that Beatbox?" she spoke aloud, a smile hitting her lips as soon as she noticed the blonde by the door. She grinned towards the little creature by his side, taking up point behind the counter. "Gotcha, two orders - it's no trouble at all! Thanks for the material payment, though, I am a little short on them at the moment." She rubbed the back of her head. "I should probably go out and do another Earning a Living quest... anyway-" She scanned over his order to make sure that everything was set, nodding with a look of affirmation on her face. "Alright, I'll get this out to you asap. Watch out for my message, 'kay?"

Birdie waved him goodbye, huffing as she turned back to the two orders. "Alright, these look pretty easy. Let's see what we can do!" Moving from the storefront to the backroom, she wrapped an apron around her waist and sat by the table, equipping the crafting hammer as she prepared to get started.

Rolling

ID# 69170
CD: 4+1 (Good item) +3 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Golden Necklace
ID:  69170
Roll: 4+1
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Quality: Vanity
Description: A golden necklace to be worn around one's neck.

ID# 69171
CD:4+1 (Good item) +3 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Golden Necklace
ID:  69171
Description: A golden necklace to be worn around one's neck.

ID# 69172
CD: 9+1 (Uncommon item) +4 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Ring of Accuracy
ID:  69172
Roll: 9+1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 Accuracy
Description: A silver ring worn around one's finger. Boosts the wearer's accuracy by +1.

ID# 69173

Spoiler

Name: Golden Ring
ID:  69173
Description: A golden ring to be worn around one's finger.

ID# 69174
CD: 6+1 (Good item) +3 EXP

Spoiler

fName: Golden Ring
ID:  69174
Roll: 6+1
Description: A golden ring to be worn around one's finger.

ID# 69175
CD: 8+1 (Uncommon item) +4 EXP

Spoiler

ID:  69175
Roll: 8+1
Enhancements: +1 Accuracy
Description: A silver ring worn around one's finger. Boosts the wearer's accuracy by +1.

Total: +20 EXP, -6 Mat

Edited by Birdie

Birdie awoke with a start, her breathing heavy. Thank god that was just a.. dream.. Remembering back to the day before, she realised that the crafting disaster hadn't been a fiction of her imagination. She sighed - it was demoralising to know that she could perform so terribly with her trusty crafting hammer in hand, and the fact that she was crafting items for a friend only added to the pressure. Pushing the covers away, she trudged down the stairs and set about her morning; exhausting her daily crafting attempts, naturally. "Alright, I can do this- two perfect items! You got this Ava!"

ID# 69184
CD: 8+1 (Uncommon item) +4 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Ring of Evasion
ID:  69184
Roll: 8+1
Enhancements: +1 Evasion
Description: A silver ring worn around one's finger. Boosts the wearer's evasion by +1.

ID# 69186 (messed up the roll, rerolled an 8 for a 2 ._.)
CD: 2+1 (Bad item) +2 EXP

ID# 69187
CD: 12 (Perfect item!) +9 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Append Necklace v.1
ID:  69187
Roll: 12
Item Type: Trinket - Necklace
Enhancements: ACC x3
Description: A bright and cheery necklace that says "look at me!", helps the wielder accurately swing his/her weapon in style.
 Looks Like

ID# 69188
CD: 11+1 (Perfect item!) +9 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Performace Note v.1
ID:  69188
Roll: 11+1
Enhancements: Prosperity x3
Description: A Necklace with a custom music note that helps him get more money. Don't ask just enjoy the music. Looks Like

ID# 69189

Spoiler

ID:  69189
Description: A silver ring worn around one's finger. Boosts the wearer's evasion by +1.

ID# 69190

Spoiler

Name: Crafting Pendant
ID:  69190
Roll: 12
Enhancements: +1 Crafting Attempt per day
Description: A pendant engraved with the symbol of a hammer. Boosts the wearer's crafting attempts by +1.

Total: +37 EXP, -6 Materials

Edited by Birdie

Just like many times before, the Artisan known as Birdie found herself staring at a blank canvas. Paintbrush in one hand, palette in the other, she lifted her tools to a few inches from the white surface and awaited her creative mind's instructions, yet nothing seemed to come of it. "Sigh, of course.." Dropping the paintbrush into a plastic cup and the palette to a table top, Birdie's hands rested on her thighs as she considered her sudden lack of enthusiasm. Why are you like this..

In order to ease her mind, she felt it adequate to take up position by her favourite worktable, wielding her trusted crafting hammer. Her crafts had been going well recently, and with the next rank in her profession sitting just around the corner, she knew a good session today would finally see her unlocking Projects; the largest and most spectacular of items, in which she could apply several unique enhancements. "Let's see how this turns out."

Rolling

ID# 69210
CD: 5+1 (Good item) +3 EXP

Spoiler

fName: Silver Ring
ID:  69210
Roll: 5+1
Description: A silver ring to be worn around one's finger.

ID# 69211
CD: 3+1 (Bad item, material salvaged from LD 19) +2 EXP, +1 material

ID# 69212
CD: 10+1 (Rare item) 6 EXP

Spoiler

ID:  69212
Roll: 10+1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 Evasion
Description: A silver ring worn around one's finger. Boosts the wearer's evasion by +2.

ID# 69213
CD: 3+1 (Bad item) +2 EXP

ID# 69214

Spoiler

ID:  69214

ID# 69215

Spoiler

fName: Silver Ring
ID:  69215
Description: A silver ring to be worn around one's finger.

Total: +20 EXP, -5 Materials

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had received a message notifying him that his order was ready to be picked up, he had already of received his other part to his new look and he smiled with excitement, he walked all the way back to Birdie's shop and walked in with his familiar with excitement, he had received his order and smiled, he liked the outcome of the order. "Thanks Birdie! You're the best!" he said with a smile. "I've been wanting to get something with prosperity for a long time now... I have been wanting to get more Col for the longest time, and this should really help me out! And this other necklace will be for... a new look that I am wanting to do. You'll see when you see me next."  he said with a wink as he waved goodbye to Birdie and went off to another location. He was very happy with the result.

Itzal was finishing off a monster when he received the message.  Knowing he needed to wrap it up he used shadow explosion to finish it off.  He panted for a moment and was disappointed to see that no loot popped up.  He sighed as he pulled up his inbox and his spirits lifted when he saw that Birdie had finished crafting the item.  He pulled down his menu and began making his way to the town to see her.  When he reached the gates he noted the crowds and scaled the nearest building, traveling by roof as usual.  By this point no npc or player took notice of this since they had seen it too many times to care by this point.  He didn't care.  It was fast travel for him.  Soon he made it to Birdie's shop and landed directly in front of her door, and walked in with, lowering the hood and mouthpiece of Niger Natio and smiling at Birdie.  "Hey Birdie!  Thanks for crafting this for me, it means a lot."  As Birdie handed over Skyreach he handed her five materials as payment.  "I'll put this to good use.  Thanks again!"

-5 mat

+skyreach

• 2 weeks later...

"Hmm.." Birdie had lined up her entire inventory on a tabletop, from her favoured rapier to that one ring she never quite got around to using. She was trying to decide which items she'd keep and which ones would be stored away in a cupboard, unlikely to be used for quite some time.

As she grabbed the first few pieces of equipment that were too valuable to her, a small realisation came to Birdie; there was something missing, or rather, a few things missing. If she ever wanted to go Col farming, she'd need a prosperity item. 'I've only made one of those things before, for Itzal I think.. that'll be first on the list.'

As she went on to separate the items, a small list of things she needed to create came to light. A few rings and basic pendants with fairly tame enhancements- an easy task. Marching to her workbench, the hammer danced in her fingers as she thought about what to make first. "Let's see..."

[Rolling]

ID# 69906
CD: 2+1 (Fail) +2 EXP

<<Achieved Rank 5 Artisan!>>

ID# 69907
CD: 6+7 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 69908
CD: 9+1 (Uncommon) +4 EXP

ID# 69909
CD: 10+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 69910
CD: 5+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 69911
CD: 1 (Critical fail) +2 EXP

ID# 69912
CD: 6+7 (Good) +3 EXP

Total: +23 EXP, -7 Mats

Edited by Birdie

Birdie burst into the room in which her crafting tools sat, and the table at which she'd made so many items before. A new order had come in- Beatbox wanted to replace one of his other items and she was happy to oblige with his request, seeing as he'd agreed to seek out a tailor for her own needs. Careful eyes scanned the message he'd sent as she took in all of the details of his request; he wanted a pin shaped like a musical note, with an enhancement she was all too familiar with. The item should be made of silver or a metal with a similar shine, and the bluenette already had an idea in her mind for how she'd make it. Mold a cast out of clay, fill in the cast with a resistant molten metal, and chisel out any unwanted details before finally shipping it to the Star of Aincrad.

Getting to work, she settled down in her stall and separated out her tools. "This'll take a while longer than other requests, there's a lot of fine details to worry about.. nothing I can't make!"

ID# 70078
CD: 7+1 (Uncommon) +4 EXP

ID# 70079

ID# 70080
CD: 4+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 70081

ID# 70082

ID# 70083
CD: 3+1 (Bad) +2 EXP

ID# 70084
CD: 11+1 (Perfect!) +9 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Musical Note Pin
ID:  70084
Roll: 11+1
Item Type: Trinket - Pin
Tier: 2
Enhancements: ACC III
Description: A musical note pin that gives the player a bit of luck.
Looks Like

Total: +26 EXP, -7 Mats

+ 1 Musical Note Pin (+3 ACC)

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had asked Birdie to make him another trinket for him, and in return he would go out and get her some new light armor since she hadn't known anyone that could nor a tailor was really open. Beatbox received a message notifying that his craft had been finished, and he had just picked up the order he had placed through Ariel, he did not change into his new outfit just at the current moment and he still wore his "Append" attire. He found his way back to floor one and getting there was rather simple and didn't take too much time whatsoever. He had walked into her store and let out a "Hellloooo Birdiiieee~" and he giggled. His familiar was on his shoulder and let out a bark that sounded like a "hello" and he had her Light Armor in his hands, he placed her light armor on the counter/table she had been near and said "I got your light armor/attire you wanted, I am assuming my trinket is finished?" he giggled.

-Scouting Garbs

Spoiler

Name: Scouting Garbs

Profession: Tailor

ID: 69846

Roll: 11 (9+2)

Item Type: Light Armor - Clothing Set

Enhancements: Damage Mitigation II (+36 MIT) / Evasion I

Description: You're Welcome - Beatbox

OkHKDLWnTe-oQgyXolKf37CpmV3Xq-uLaajCA--H

"Hellloooo Birdiiieee~"

"Beatbox?!" The bluenette poked her head around through the backroom's doorway, laying her eyes on the familiar face. "Didn't expect to see you here so soon!" She disappeared for a moment as a loud 'thud' sounded from behind the wall, and Birdie emerged just seconds later. Her hair was in a bit of a mess and her clothes in minor disarray, though she wasn't totally unfit to be seen. As she laid eyes on the armour, a smile grew on the girl's face and she nodded eagerly, dragging an item from her inventory into the game world. "Yup! I had my doubts I'd get it finished in time but it all worked out," She placed the pin on the table, allowing Beat to retrieve it at his own convenience. She picked up her armour by the shoulders first, extending her arms out in order to gain a fuller view of the outfit as a whole. "It looks amazing! Thanks so much," she said whilst folding it up neatly, depositing it into her inventory shortly after.

"Oh! Before you leave, take these." She offered him a trade of 18 materials, confirming the trade of her end. "For that order of food. Consider it payment in advance!"

- Musical Note Pin
- 18 Materials

+ Scouting Garbs

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had heard the player in a backroom and he giggled, "Sorry that I am a little fast..." he laughed worried like, he saw Birdie and he laughed "Did you just wake up or something? Your hair is a mess!" he said as he moved his hand to move her hair to a more presentable look. "Geez, you look like you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed! what happened?" he giggled. He grew a smile on his face as she did and as she placed his pin on the table and went to look at the light armor, he picked up his pin and smiled "This looks perfect, thanks!" he said with a wide smile. "I personally know a tailor so it was hard to ask to get it done for you, of course it wasn't cheap but... hey you're a guild mate, and a really nice friend so it wasn't a big deal." he almost went out before Birdie had stopped him to hand him materials as payment for the order that she had wanted "Oh, uh.. thanks Birdie! Hopefully I'll get that order for ya done soon." he waved goodbye with a smile and off he went.

+18 Materials. 

Once again Itzal walked into the shop he had visited once before.  This time however it was to replace an item he used to use.  And this time for a much lighter theme.  He smiled and waved to Birdie as he entered the shop.  "Hey Birdie!  How's the shop running?  You getting many customers?"  He approached the counter and placed down his order.  "I need an item crafted for me if you have the time.  Oblivion ring is outdated and I need an all out accuracy enhancement rather than one evasion.  I have my armor for that after all."  He chuckled and looked around.  "This is a really cozy shop you've got Birdie.  I really like it."

Spoiler

Name:  beauty incarnated
Enhancements: +3 Accuracy
Description:  A ring made of pure ruby, lined with gold designing

With the order on the counter he knew he needed to get back to work.  He waved his hand to Birdie as he walked out.  "Message me and I'll pick it up ok?

@Birdie

"Oh, hey Itzal!" Birdie quickly finished rearranging some shelves before moving over to the counter, matching her mentor's smile. "Business has been slow but I haven't kept the shop open much, training and all." Scanning over the order form, she smiled as everything seemed to be in check. Though she raised an eyebrow at the item's chosen name, she shrugged and looked to Itzal as he spoke up.

"Thank you!" she replied to the cozy shop comment, slipping the order into a table just around the corner. "That's fine, I'll have this made right away/" She waved as the man made way for the door, breathing a sigh once he'd left. "I should probably make a start on this now, no doubt he'll ask about it tomorrow.." She didn't dawdle, instead making way for the double doors at the back of the storefront.

Sat with her equipment in hand, she read through the details of Itzal's item one final time before getting to work.

ID# 70321
CD: 7+1 (Uncommon item) +4 EXP

ID# 70322

Total: +13 EXP, -2 Mats

+ Beauty Incarnated (+3 ACC)

Edited by Birdie

Itzal walked into the shop on the first floor once again, approaching the counter where Birdie was.  He smiled at his apprentice.  "I got your message,"  he said rather simply.  When Birdie held the item he picked it up himself and gazed at it.  The ring truly was beauty incarnate.  And it's appearance reflected what he thought was the most beautiful thing in Aincrad as well.  He slipped the ring onto his right hand finger, where Oblivion ring used to sit, and looked up at Birdie.  "Thanks Birdie.  I can't give you col, but I can send some materials your way."  He opened his menu and as he moved to materials he decided to give her a tip.  He usually gave players a tip but he'd give her an extra one for getting the perfect item complete in such little time.  He sent the seven materials her way before giving a nod.  "Alright, I've got to head out so I'll see you during training I guess.  See you later Birdie!"

-7 MAT

+Beauty Incarnate

"Catch you later Itzal!" One hand waved through the air whilst the other deposited her newly earned materials, a smile fixed upon her lips for the rest of the day. She couldn't believe how fast she'd crafted her mentor's item, and with that out of the way, she could focus on the next order. Coincidentally, another member of the Ascendants messaged her about an accuracy boosting item; her rival, and the very player that she was training alongside.

With little else to do for the day, she decided to hunker down and tackle the item. The sooner she crafted it, the better. As she meandered over to the workbench, she navigated through the menu to the messenger tab, where Aereth's order was written up clear as day. 'Hmm.. alright, this should be easy!'

ID# 70381
CD: 7+1 (Uncommon item) +4 EXP

ID# 70382

Total: +13 EXP, -2 Mats

She loosed a breath, prying the goggles from her eyes to admire the ring. In a similar fashion to Itzal's order, she hadn't taken long to craft it, and there was absolutely no sacrifice in quality. Smiling, she pulled the gloves from her hands and brought up the messenger, typing out a brand new message to her scouting partner.

Edited by Birdie

Aereth just received a message from his blue-haired rival that the ring he asked her to make was already finished. So he immediately made his way to the Bluebird Shop on floor one.

After some minutes he found the shop and entered it. Birdie was standing behind the counter and Aereth greeted her with a wave. "Hi Birdie. How have you been?" He then approached her and said. "You are really fast. I didn't expect the item in such a short time. And thanks that you made the item for me. I've been missing hits non stop lately so this will help me out a whole lot." It was true, in the last few days he wasn't able to get many hits on the monsters he and his guildmates were fighting. But that would change now. With this item his hit rate would be 30% higher than before.

"Oh let me give you the payment for your awesome work." With that said he opened his menu and transferred 5 materials to Birdie.

Aereth: -5 Materials (transferred to Birdie)

Edited by Aereth

Birdie's eyes popped open, awaking with a start as she righted herself from a slanted position. A voice called out to her and she recognised it immediately, bringing her eyes to the door before returning a similar wave to the customer. "Hey Aereth! Great, thanks," she said in reply, disappearing behind the counter with one hand holding the top. She looked for his ring and found it after a few short moments of searching, popping up from behind the counter in the middle of his kind words.

"Yeah, accuracy's a helpful enhancement for sure. I don't like to leave my customers waiting!" Birdie presented the item in her hands, carefully placing down onto the counter. She waited until he paid the due materials before severing her ownership of the ring, allowing him to claim it for his own. "Fresh out of the box! O-or the furnace, I guess.. what do you think of it?"

- Dexterous Intent (+3 Acc)

+5 Materials

After Aereth's greeting, Birdie disappeared behind her counter and after a few minutes she handed Aereth his new accuracy ring. It was a beautiful ring made out of ruby and gold. He looked at it in awe for a few moments before he claimed the ownership of his new ring. <<Dexterous Intent>> showed the window in his inventory as he equipped it. "That's some great craftsmanship. I love the ring already. And it may save my a** at some point of the future. So again, thank you a whole lot, I'm glad that you were able to make it in such a short time. And make sure to visit my tailor shop as soon as I'm opening it. It would be an honor for me to make something for you if you need something in the future." It really was for him, but unfortunately he hadn't taken the quest for his profession yet. Itzal told him to wait until the 3.0 update was rolled out, because it may bring some changes to the profession system. "I'll send you a message when I'm opening it." He said to her with a smile and left in the direction of the door. "Thanks again and have a nice day." And with that he was gone.

+ Dexterous Intent (+3ACC)

Another day ticked on by, passing almost as soon as it came. Birdie had lost track of how many days it'd been since the incident; being trapped in the game world had afforded her the freedom to do what she wished, at the cost of any sense of freedom and timekeeping that the physical world offered. The woman made do where she could, however- adventuring with friends, forging stronger relationships, and of course one of her most favoured pass-times, crafting the backroom of her small workshop.

Sat on a stall, she donned her work apron and a set of fresh goggles, wondering which direction she should take her crafts. Perhaps a sculpture? Though the idea was entertaining, she had little need for a giant work of art in the middle of the shop floor, and no clients had excitedly ordered a marble masterpiece as of yet. Humming, she picked up the iron hammer that had so graciously served her in the past. "What do you want to make today...?"

ID# 70456
CD: 6+1 (Good item) +3 EXP

ID# 70457

ID# 70458

ID# 70459

ID# 70460
CD: 1 (Critical failure) +2 EXP

ID# 70461
CD: 3+1 (Bad item) +2 EXP

ID# 70462

Total: +24 EXP, -7 Mats

Edited by Birdie

The hours passed like seconds, time itself slowing down as it neared the end of the day. She'd sat in the storeroom of her workshop wondering what to do with the rest of the night- too early to sleep, too early to pass out and call it. Glacia purred gently in the corner, talons wrapped around a sleeping post dozing away quietly. 'Aww.. maybe I should hit the hay too.. maybe somebody's still up?'

Scanning her friend list, nobody seemed to be active around any training grounds; Tobias was a safe bet but she didn't want to burden him any more than she had already, and there was no way Aereth or Itzal wouldn't be fast asleep already. She huffed, "Guess I'll just see what I can make, then." Picking herself up from the armchair, she picked up a small bag of materials and stumbled into the backroom of her shop, plopping the back down onto the workbench. The last day hadn't gone so well- maybe her luck would prevail this time around?

ID# 70485

ID# 70486
CD: 9+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 70488

ID# 70489
CD: 1 (Critical fail) +2 EXP

ID# 70490

ID# 70491