[F21- Rank 8 Artisan] Odds and Ends ~ (Closed)

Once again, Aereth made his way to his partner and rival to fetch something from her shop. This time he needed something to make searching for materials easier. Right now he had more than enough materials to build anything he would ever want, but his stock would sooner or later shrink. And a little boost while searching would not harm him. 

Aereth stepped inside of Birdies shop he cracked a smile and said. "Hi Birdie. It's me again. I just got your message, that you already finished the item I requested yesterday. I know I said it also the last time, but your crafting speed is ridiculous." He then walked over to her and opened his menu to transfer the required materials. "The price is the same as last time, i assume?" He tapped some buttons, and then the transfer window popped up in front of his blue haried rival.

-5 Materials (given to Birdie)

+ Discovery Ring
@Birdie

Edited by Aereth
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Yup, same as last time!" She handed over the Discovery Ring in trade of 5 materials from Aereth, making the transaction complete. She apologised for not being able to stick around and talk, and after the shop was vacant of any further customers, Birdie breathed a quiet breath. "Alright, let's get back to work..."

~~~

Some days later, she received yet another message from her rival, this time asking if she'd be able to make some crafting items for him. Two enhancements she hadn't had the pleasure of crafting for another player before, she happily accepted the request and got to work immediately, locking the door to the backroom behind her.

"Hmm... I don't think he'll mind if its a basic design, but it should have something that makes it stick out... aha!" Jotting down some ideas, she finally gathered what she wanted to do for the items, and promptly started to work on bringing them to life.

ID# 70836
CD: 2+1 (Fail) +2 EXP

ID# 70837
CD: 6+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 70838
CD: 7+1 (Uncommon) +4 EXP

ID# 70839

ID# 70840
CD: 11+1 (Perfect!) +9 EXP

ID# 70842
CD: 8+1 (Uncommon) +4 EXP

ID# 70843

Total: +30 EXP, -7 Mats

+5 Mats

- Discovery Ring

Edited by Birdie

Birdie awoke with a start- not from a nightmare nor a remotely terrifying dream. Instead, a slight chill brought her into the realm of consciousness, shivering and tossing and turning until her eyes were wide open.

The timer indicated it was late- or early, depending on which way one looked at it. Sitting up from her covers, Glacia gently cooed in the corner, the bird's little chest rising with each breath it took. Birdie quietly shifted onto the edge of the bed, equipped a comfortable outfit, and rose onto her feet. Making sure to be as quiet as possible, she carefully left the room the descended the stairs, and made way for the crafting room downstairs.

Closing the door behind her, she sighed and turned on the lights. Her newest order- two items for her rival, Aereth- had taken longer than anticipated. Maybe she'd be able to finish off his request?

ID# 70875
CD: 12 (Perfect!) +9 EXP

Total: +9 EXP, -1 Mat

Edited by Birdie

Aereth was once again on his way to the shop of his blueharied partner and rival. Since Aereth just recently opened his own tailor shop on floor four. He heard form several friends that you can get special items to rise your chances to get a successful craft, and some items even boosted your experience while crafting. So he decided to message his partner to make some of those items for him. And a couple of days later she replied to him that she just finished the items he ordered, and that he could visit her shop to fetch them up.

Aereth entered her shop and immediately saw a portrait of a skilled scout and a small wooden figurine, shaped like a lurking wolf. "Wow, she must have done some research on my shop..." he thought with a smile on his face. "Hi Birdie, I'm here to fetch up the stuff I ordered some days ago." He looked closer at the crafted items and his smile grew even wider. "They look awesome Birdie. Thank you." With that he transfered the materials and stored the items into his inventory.

-10 Materials
+Crafter's Desire
+Quality Assurance

"We make only the finest~ thanks!" She waved towards her rival as he made his way out of the shop. One order completed, one more to go- the same player who'd left not a few moments ago asked her to craft one final item to complete his 'profession items', and she was more than willing to help the guy out.

Performing general maintenance on the shop- cleaning up her displays, sweeping the floor, clearing the cobwebs that she'd only just realised were forming- she thought about what design would be suitable for Aereth's final item. Both of her previous creations had been specific to him, a wolf and a scout respectively. 'Maybe something generic?' she thought. 'Not boring, but not something he'd directly associate with himself...'

Sitting on the thought for a while, she eventually decided on the design and marched into the backroom, closing the doors behind her. "Let's get to work!"

ID# 70963
CD: 4+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 70964
CD: 4+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 70965

ID# 70966
CD: 3+1 (Bad, failed salvage) +2 EXP

ID# 70967

ID# 70968
CD: 9+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 70969
CD: 3+1 (Bad) +2 EXP
LD: 18 (Successful salvage)

Total: +21 EXP, -6 Mats

+10 Materials

Edited by Birdie

She huffed, yesterday had been exhausting.

Despite her many attempts to create the perfect item- nearly achieving her goal at one point- she'd ran out of time in the day and had to halt all crafting for the night. A fist collided with the table creating a thump, and she slowed her breathing to ease her nerves. "Damn it..."

Switching off the lights, she ascended the spiral staircase and put Glacia to rest before flopping onto her mattress. 'What a day,' she thought. 'Between practice, shopkeeping and hobbies, my life is suddenly active. After spending so long doing so little, this pace of change feels a little.. unprecedented?'

The Brit pondered her current situation for a while longer, her eyes no longer able to remain open. She leant onto her soft pillow, switched off her brain and dozed off for the night.

... only to awake at a ridiculous hour in the morning, up and ready at her crafting table not 5 minuets later. "Alright, we got this!"

ID# 71001

ID# 71002

ID# 71003

ID# 71004

ID# 71005

ID# 71007
CD: 1+1 (Fail) +1 EXP

ID# 71008

Total: +26 EXP, -7 Mats

Edited by Birdie

And once again Aereth stepped out of the teleport gate of floor one to visit his favorite artisan in whole Aincrad. Today hopefully the last time for an unforeseeable future. The last time he visited the Bluebird Workshop, he ordered some stuff for his own shop, but unfortunately forgot to order one important item. He had an experience boost, as well as an item which grants him better crafting results. And today he would fetch the last thing for his shop. And this last thing was the additional crafting attempt per day. 

Smiling he entered the shop and sent Birdie a smile. "Hi Birdie. I'm really sorry that I didn't order this the last time I came here. It seems like my head is all over the place with the training and my own shop opening." He then opened his menu once again and transferred the standard amount of materials for a perfect item to Birdie. "But hopefully I've got everything now."

+Amulet of Will

-5 Materials

If he wanted to get things started, he needed to listen to Jonathan and get the charm needed. While it was to be completely dedicated to a certain enhancement, there was this other enhancement he needed to make an investment for. So he would settle by just sacrificing one slot to put the other necessary one up. Two was still good enough in his opinion. As he walked in, he'd notice that the shop seemed to be ran by a player rather than an NPC, which was good since players seem to have more experience based on what his past implied. "Top of the afternoon!" He'd announce as he walked in. Of course, some players were more diligent than others, but this one seemed rather decent and eye-catching for the average player like himself to see. So here was where he would take his chances. "This is a nice shop you have. Hopefully you don't mind if I place an order here, right?" Fortunately for him, it did not take too long for him to make an order sheet since he had the item planned out in his mind already. "If you're able to make this, how much would it cost, Col-wise?" He was prepared, ignorant to the price display, but still prepared.

Spoiler

Name: Memorilia Pocket Watch
Profession: (leave blank)
ID:  (leave blank)
Roll: (leave blank)
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +2 Combat Craft, +1 Accuracy
Description:

372e0e1b9030a490bee2324d2a499f9e.jpg

"Evening!" A voice shouted from the backroom, followed shortly after by the appearance of a cheerful face. She switched off the workshop lights in passing into the storefront and took position behind the counter, leaning her hands against it as the man approached. "What's an Artisan if she doesn't allow her customers to make an order? Go ahead." She felt the urge to point out where the order sheets were, though he seemed perfectly capable of finding and filling one out for himself. Using her time effectively, she sorted out a few sheets behind the counter, disappearing only for a moment before springing back up.

Taking the order in hand, she examined it for a moment and came up with a price. "Hm... standard prices for Tier 2 items are 1,100 Col or 5 Materials in my shop. Out of curiosity, are you having this item made for yourself?" She laid the sheet flat out on the counter, allowing them to both see it. "If all the details are fine, I can get started on it right away!"

+5 Materials from Aereth

-Amulet of Will to Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Perfect, he had a little bit more than just that right now. Placing his palms in his pockets, he would answer with a casual half smile to the friendly Artisan in front of him. "I'll gladly pay the full 1,100 Col right now." The snowy haired player would tell the clerk in front of him, tapping his HUD screen before placing a transaction to send the Col towards the other player in front of him. She would then ask if he was buying this form himself. Tilting his head to the side, there was an equal amount of curiosity coming from him as well. "Yes I am actually. It seems like something odd, I understand."  However, her words of being able to start right away if the details were correct placed a small glimmer of hope as his expectations had been raised. This place had nice service so far, and if she actually carried that it, it would be most impressive. With this, he would then nod his head as he'd reply. "I'm glad to hear that!"

-1,100 Col

Upfront payment? In Col? This customer was quickly turning out to be one of her favourites thus far. "Thank you so much!"

She wasn't one to question a paying player's request- with the customer's assurance that this was indeed the item he wanted, Birdie merely smiled and took the order into her inventory, eagerly holding her hands together. "If that's all, I'll head out back and get right on it! Feel free to browse if you'd like to. Otherwise, I'll send you a message once the item's done!"

Leaving him to it, she briskly walked deeper into the shop and disappeared around the corner, landing herself in the room from which she'd made many great items before. The order sheet found its way into her hands once more, and she precisely noted each and every detail he'd requested.

"Hmm.. shouldn't be too hard... maybe this one will only take a few hours?"

+1,100 from Sey

ID# 71252

ID# 71253
LD: 8

ID# 71254
CD: 1+1 (Crit fail) +2 EXP

ID# 71256
CD: 10+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 71257

ID# 71258

ID# 71259
CD: 1+1 (Crit fail) +2 EXP

Total: +22 EXP, -7 Mats

Edited by Birdie

Just a few hours ago, I did succesfully reached my search skill from unskilled to expert. As well as got the special dungeon hunting mod. This would made my farming for skill points, that was the most valuable currency at the moment. Since, I planned to head out on a loooong series of dungeons. But to really max it out without spending any more skill points, there was one thing I needed. And that I needed from an artisan. A few weeks ago, I did a quest with a young bluehaired girl. As we hang out, she mentioned that she was an artisan. So I decided to stop by and look if she possibly could make this item for me. As I entered the shop thru the crimson door, I herd the pling from the bell as I stepped in to the kinda messy store. ‘’Hello there Birdie.’’ I said and walked up to the bluehaired artistan. Before I placed an order, I checked thru her current wares. To my surprise, the item I needed was already in stock. As well as another item I didn’t thougth I needed, but as I was here anyway. ‘’Well Birdie, what do you want for the Thiefs pendant and the horseshoe? A thousand col, is that okay?’’ I asked my questcompanion.

@Birdie

Birdie sat by her workbench, occasionally glancing over at the order template placed beside her. The first day of trying to get perfect item hadn't gone as well as she'd hoped, and so a few days later, the Artisan was back at it again. 'Alright, c'mon, I can feel it this time!'

ID# 71311
CD: 6+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 71312

ID# 71313

ID# 71314

Total: +22, -4 Mats

'Another customer?' The hammering in the backroom came to a pause and out popped Birdie's head from around the corner. "Heya Zandra!" She was surprised by the Frontliner's appearance- surely such a strong player had no need for a low level shop like hers? Still, she wouldn't question it.

Meeting the woman halfway, they both wound up near the counter before either spoke. The Frontliner was the first to break the silence- inquiring about one of the items in stock, at that. "Is that uh.. oh, those!" Birdie hurried over to the display cabinet and brought the two items out, placing them onto the counter for Zandra to see. "The Horseshoe is priced at 200 Col and the Thief's Pendant for 500 Col, so that means you'll only need to pay 700." Birdie sent a smile across and opened up the trade window. "Was that all you were looking for today?"

- Thief's Pendant (+1 Sneak and Hide)

- Lucky Horseshoe (+1 LD)

Edited by Birdie

My eyebrows rose. "Oh, only 700?" I took another look at the price list. Hmm... Well, guess I just red wrong. But how could the pendant be more then twice as expensive? Anyway, I looked back up at Birdie. "Well, I'd gladly support your shop. Lets say the extra col is tip." I said with a warm smile on my lips. Our transaction went thru. And now, I would be even better at finding dungeons or loot from low leveled mobs. "Thanks alot Birdie." my right hand scratched my neck. Was I really gonna ask this? Well, why not, after the rumored coming update, I would probably need more lucky sharms. "Ehm, Bordie. What would you say about beeing my personal artisan? I mean, that I can drop by here and order an item or two. Maybe a cup tea would be nice sometime."

-1,000 col

+ Thief's Pendant (+1 Sneak and Hide)
+ Lucky Horseshoe (+1 S&D)

Edited by Zandra

He’d walk back into the shop a few days later after receiving a little notification that his order had just arrived. It was the fastest he had obtained an item yet, and now he was going to claim it. So he’d move towards the same friendly shop he visited the last time for his watch, placing his hands in his pockets as he calmly made his way in. “Morning!” He called out, making his presence known as he paced his way inside. “I got the message that the order is ready, right?” He’d ask, waiting for the owner of the shop to arrive so that he could receive his item. It was honestly one of the quickest craftings he had yet to receive, so he would be most pleased to see if his item was crafted the way he asked for. Plus, he did have a bit of spare col on his being anyways, and most certainly willing to give a bit more for the quick service.

"Personal Artisan? That's quite a title.." She hadn't necessarily thought about catering to another player, especially not as their first choice in terms of crafting trinkets and lucky charms. It was an offer she couldn't refuse, and with an assured nod, the woman gave a bright smile. "Sure thing! Tell me when you're dropping by and I'll brew something up for us."

+1,000 Col

- Thief's Pendant (+1 Sneak and Hide)
- Lucky Horseshoe (+1 S&D)

With one order finished and ticked off the list, Birdie eagerly awaited for the arrival of her next customer. As she recalled, he'd ordered a small pocket watch with interesting properties. The Artisan prided herself on not looking too deeply into her customer's crafts, though this one in particular had piqued her interest numerous times throughout its inception.

As if on cue, the front bell rang and a player's voice sounded from the other room. She jumped up from her stall with a look of surprise on her face and grabbed a small box, briskly walking into the storefront. "Morning sir! Your item's all done," the woman informed him, gently placing the little container onto the counter. "This one took a while longer than I'd have liked, I'm sorry about that.." Most items took a day or less, but this one had alluded her for the best part of 4.

"So, a Perfect Tier 2 item.. mhm.." Birdie scribbled something down on pen and paper. "Will you be paying with Col or Materials? It'll cost you 1,100 in Col or 5 for the latter."

- Memorilia Pocket Watch (+2 Combat Craft, +1 Accuracy)

@Sey

Edited by Birdie

He'd smile in response to the bright welcome he received from entering the shop, as well as her confirming that the message was true and that his item in fact had been available for claiming. So he'd place up the container within his grip as he would then open it up, an HUD showing up in front of it. Equip? Most certainly. However, it seemed to be hollow, and did not reply to his command of equipment. "Oh riiiiight." He said to himself, remembering what he had been told about tier 2 items. Well, he might as well keep it in his inventory until he most certainly could use it. "All right! This is very well done, and in such a timely manner as well! Here, take this as well as a bit more gratitude for your hard work. Sey would explain, opening up the trading option again before launching 200 more col her way. His satisfaction was most certainly earned, and he definitely will be coming back again when he had more Col. "Take care of yourself!"

-200 Col (In Purple Text)

+ Memorilia Pocket Watch (+2 Combat Craft, +1 Accuracy)

Birdie's smile grew wide as a mile at the kind gesture, she felt almost inclined to deny the generous donation should it not have seemed a rude thing to do. "I-it's not a problem! As I said, I do like to try and get things done quickly without forfeiting quality, so I guess I am a teensy bit faster than some other shops.." She accepted the trade handily and deposited the Col onto her person, bringing her one step closer to buying that house. 'Some day...'

The woman lifted her head to the man and replied with a grateful gesture. "You to, come again soon!" As she waved the man goodbye, a part of her mind nagged at her for saying those words, as if they'd sounded desperate in a sense. Shrugging it off, she waited until the man had left before allowing her arms to flop down. Giving a small huff, she made way for the backroom once more to commence another session of crafting. Maybe luck was on her side that day?

+200 Col

ID# 71541
CD: 1 (Crit fail) +2 EXP

ID# 71544
CD: 11+1 (Perfect!) +9 EXP

ID# 71545
CD: 9+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 71546

ID# 71547
CD: 1 (Crit fail) +2 EXP

ID# 71549

ID# 71550
LD: 18 (Material recovered)

Total: +27 EXP, -6 Mats

Edited by Birdie

Birdie's hammer collided with a raw material on the table, and then twice more. Her eyes fixed on the item, she watched hopefully to see if anything good would come of it, though all that proceeded was the crumbling of a metal ore into dust. The woman's eyes fell to the table, Birdie sighing shortly after. "Another failed craft..."

Not long had passed since the previous order came in. One sunrise later and she was already fast at work, aiming towards her goal of becoming a Rank 6 Artisan. This promotion offered little in the way of benefits - it wouldn't make it easier to craft quality items, though it allowed her the energy to make an additional craft every day. That alone was enough motivation for the Artisan, and as she brought out another material from the woven sack placed beside the table, her mind began to wonder as to what would come of this next session. 

ID# 71611
CD: 5+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 71612

ID# 71613

ID# 71614
LD: 8 (Material lost)

ID# 71615

ID# 71616

<<Promoted to Rank 6 Artisan - one extra craft per day>>

ID# 71617

ID# 71618

Total: +33 EXP, -8 Mats

Edited by Birdie
  • 2 weeks later...

"Biiiirrrdddiiiiiieeeee~" the blonde haired player had said out into her shop as he had entered, he was wearing his new equipment... and for once, he was not flashy... he was not a pop-star, he looked like an actual guard or something. He had recently gathered a bunch of tier 2 materials that he had decided to donate almost all of them to the person he looks up to as a sister: Birdie. Beatbox smiled and placed all 28 tier two materials onto a counter for her to use "Consider this a gift sis, I hadn't seen you around in a bit. I hope you are doing alright." he giggled. He looked around her store and said "So how's the business been Birdie? Gotten a lot of customers recently? I know I haven't I hate my profession." he giggled. "Either way, you've got a lot of tier one materials right? Do you might crafting some vanity items for me?" he asked.

-28 Tier 2 Materials

@Birdie