[F21- Rank 8 Artisan] Odds and Ends ~ (Closed)

"Hm? Beatbox?" Birdie dropped her tools in a figurative fashion and hovered through the archway leading into the storefront. Expecting to the star's bright flashy self, she was instead met with the fighter's new look; a shock at first, she found herself smiling at his more sensible attire, all-the-while curious as to the purpose of his visit.

She froze, blinking at the freshly dumped pile of materials sitting on her counter. Her eyes slowly panned up to Beat, a mix of joy and confusion laced in her expression. "Wh.. wha..." Words wouldn't form, though she swiftly shook her head and regained composure as he inquired about the business. "O-oh, well to be honest with you, things have gotten slower since the patch. I've been training with Itzal and Aereth so much, there hasn't been any time to gather materials on a high floor.." The woman sighed and shook her head. "But it's all fine now- thanks by the way! This is so thoughtful of you.. Christmas really came early this year."

Picking up the materials in bulk, she deposited them into her shop's inventory, saving them for the next time a customer makes an order. As luck would have it, that happened sooner than expected. "Vanity? Easy peazy, I can have those done in a few hours at least. What were you looking for?"

+28 <<Tier 2 Materials>>

Edited by Birdie
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beatbox smiled at Birdie's response to the materials, that was exactly how he'd expected her to react. Beatbox gave her a smile and said "I mean... if you need more materials I can always go back to floor 11 and get some more for ya." he chuckled, he grinned at her not having that much business responding with "thats a shame, people are missing out on the best artisan in Aincrad. They better be lining outside your door tomorrow at this rate." he gave her a wink and laughed for a second. He thought over on what he wanted again and after a bit of thinking he stepped up and said "aaa.... silver ring, with a blue gem. I have always wanted to wear a ring, I never really had the chance to in all honesty. Never had the money in the real world for it." he said with a grin before cheering back up "you can name it whatever you wish, it doesn't really bother me." he said with a smile.

@Birdie

"No, no!" She shook her hands. "Really, this is more than enough. I have a day off training tomorrow, maybe I'll gather up some extra materials." Birdie smiled, was he serious about the offer? Either way, she couldn't rightly take any more of his hard-earned materials, not without giving him something in return first.

Birdie's eyes rolled when Beat labelled her the best; she knew her skills were above average, but wouldn't openly admit it.

"Alright! I can probably scrounge together a sapphire for the gem, and there's plenty of silver left over.." She jotted down the ring's description on a scrap of paper, keeping it fresh in her memory. Her eyes didn't falter as he mentioned the real world. To her going home was all but a distant dream, and though she wasn't about to give up on trying to get back, it wasn't something she could talk about comfortably.

"Gotcha, I'll brainstorm some ideas later on. Consider it a thank you for all these materials you brought me!" She marvelled at them once more before her gaze returned to Beat. "If you ever need something, please don't hesitate to ask. Your next few items are on the house, 'kay?"

Edited by Birdie

Birdie settled on her chair, an arm resting on the table as her head slumped over. The end of the year was fast approaching, and that meant that Christmas was quickly approaching. Truly a magical time of the year, she hadn't celebrated it as joyously the past few years, and usually ended up locking herself in an inn for the day. However, this year was different - she had friends, a guild, and even a caring boyfriend to spend the festive time with, and for that she was grateful.

However, that meant she'd need to make a gift. Not a cheap piece of jewellery of a random scrap of past crafts, but an actual present with lots of thought and love put into its creation.

And so, she found herself sketching some ideas on a notepad, tapping a quill restlessly upon the page.

".. ugh, come on.. think!"

ID# 72013
CD: 6+1 (Tier 1 - Good) +3 EXP

Name: Those Three Small Words
Item Type: Project - Large Painting
Quality: Vanity
Description: A sun sets in the distance, drawing shadows behind a boy and a girl gazing endlessly into one another. Distinct blue hair sets them apart from the passing crowd, as a bluebird and crow cross each other's paths up high.

ID# 72014
CD: 2+1 (Tier 1 - Bad) +2 EXP
LD: 16 (Material recovered)

ID# 72015
CD: 9+1 (Tier 1 - Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 72016
CD: 6+1 (Tier 1 - Good) +3 EXP

ID# 72017
CD: 4 (Tier 1 - Good) +3 EXP

ID# 72018
CD: 9 (Tier 1 - Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 72019
CD: 7+1 (Tier 1 - Uncommon) +4 EXP

ID# 72020
CD: 12 (Tier 1 - Perfect!) +9 EXP

Total: +36 EXP, -7 Tier 1 Mats

Edited by Birdie

Sey would walk back into the shop with two bigs orders now. Two tall tasks perhaps, but he did have faith in the owner of the shop for these to be handled. Items were crucial for him, and sometimes he was going to fight on his own. Coming to terms with this, he would make sure to prepare himself in case that were to happen. So once again, he would prepare himself to make some more orders. "Hey Birdie! I have a couple more orders!" He declared as he would make him way over towards the order forms, gently ripping out two of them and as equally gently writing them down. "And naturally, I am going to be paying you in Col! You deserve it!" And once he had the orders written down, he would slide them over the counter and place his hands in his pockets, feeling confident about how this will turn out to be. It was crucial to him and his rather difficult build.

-2,000 Col

Spoiler

Name: Memorilia T - Pocket Watch
Profession: Artisan
ID:  (leave blank)
Roll: (leave blank)
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +3 Combat Craft
Description: This is a pocket watch that is designed mainly for helping out others in combat. This is coated in stem-like strings that mimic plant stems. Attempts to heal a player are significantly increased in their success rates.

Spoiler

Name: Memorilia S - Pocket Watch
Enhancements: +3 Accuracy
Description: This is a pocket watch designed to help out the user only. It's a rather fragile item, made from a glass coating that can be seen through, enhancing their vision.

Edited by Sey

The place that the hunter had stumbled upon seemed to be the right place.  He had heard that a very active artisan was on the first floor.  Hopefully, he would be able to get the appropriate plans together for the item that needed to be created.  Entering the store, a resounding ring came to the hunter just above him.  The first thing that came to the hunter's mind when he saw the shop interior was, 'Did I get the wrong place?'.  The place seemed to be well lived in.  The decor mostly showed a bit of a light living space, rather than a professional store.  There were even things haphazardly left around the area, even the floor.

He was about to turn back around when he noticed the blue-nette behind the counter that had dropped whatever she was doing to help the hunter.  She was definitely the one that he was told about.

"Howdy!  I was wondering if you had any luck enhancing accessories?  If not, I would like to make a custom order."

The hunter would say while opening his menu to make a trade request.  In it was about 1000 Col and 10 T1 materials.

"I think that will be enough to help you out.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  I can easily do that upgrade myself."

-1000 Col
-10 T1 Mats

Spoiler

Name: Favor of the Golden Dragon
Enhancements: +3 Loot Die
Description: A bracelet that is made of fine gold with a singular, round, orange topaz that seems to look like a reptile's slit eye.  It's as if the eye can see the treasure before you can.  
~" Legends tell of the benevolent golden dragons that used to fill our world, but they have all gone.  These creatures would give favor to the devout, and bless them with fortune untold.  Some say, that those imprinted with the favor are also cursed with such fortune.  Though, how would one tell the difference? "~

Edited by Hirru

Jonathan entered the shop on the first floor. It was owned by a scout apprentice from his guild, and one that he had not seen in a while, He looked around upon entering before walking up to the counter, two order slips in hand. One was a vanity, other one was for accuracy. He had thought long, but h had finally decided to make hunting gear. One that would allow him to gain materials and col ten times faster. He would be taking the essence of steel quest three times. One for money for Zandra, one for Beatbox for some reason, and the other to upgrade his rare LD Jacket. With his Loot dice Jacket, he would be able to find things much easier. :How are you Birdie? It is nice to see you after all of this time. We should catch up some time. At the moment, I am in Dire need of being able to hit things so I need an accuracy ring." Jonathan handed her his first slip and then said, "And for myself, I have this Ring. It is an exact replica of our family ring that my father wears. I have one back in the real world, but it does not appear to be here so...." Jonathan smiled and took a seat waiting for Birdie to get the crafting done. 

Spoiler

Name: Clockwork Angel
Item Type: Trinket? Its a Pendant....
Enhancements: +3 ACC
Description: A Pendant with a gold Chain and an angel on the end. The Angel's wings are spread, and the angel brandishes a sword. Wearing it increases the ability for one to hit. 

IMG: https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5669971/il_fullxfull.320465601.jpg 

Spoiler

Name: Morgenstern Ring                                                                                                                                                                                                             Profession: Artisan
Item Type: Trinket? Its a ring
Enhancements: None
Description: A smooth silver ring with the letter M engraved into it. Its is an exact replica of Jonathan's family ring outside of the game. It brings comfort and memories back to him. 

IMG: https://cdn1.thehunt.com/app/public/system/note_images/4826552/original/24fe755e6033adf2923b110165efe017.jpg

"Hm? Oh, hey Sey!" The first customer of the day stepped inside, and she was more than delighted that they happened to be a Celestial Ascendant. She looked over the two orders to make sure they were doable and nodded deftly, "I'll get right on it! Thanks for the Col - expect a message as soon as I'm finished with them!"

Next, a player she hadn't yet met entered the store, inquiring about a luck enhancing accessory. Regrettably she had little in the way of wares, but after receiving the man's custom order, she shot him a smile and noted it on her list. "Thank you for your generosity, sir! I'll have the item with you as quick as possible, quality assured." Birdie let loose an internal sigh of relief - that would at least have her covered for materials for the foreseeable future.

Later in the day, an unexpected player paid a visit. "Jonathon?" she spoke in a surprised tone, manning the counter as the guild's tank paladin entered. As he came and stated his orders, she found herself intrigued by his family ring's backstory - however, she didn't know how open the man would be when talking about, so she simply smiled and gave him an excitable nod. "Leave it to me, I'll have your items made in no time!"

ID# 72451
CD: 12 (Perfect!) +9 EXP

Name: Memorilia T - Pocket Watch
Description: This is a pocket watch that is designed mainly for helping out others in combat. This is coated in stem-like strings that mimic plant stems. Attempts to heal a player are significantly increased in their success rates.

ID# 72449
CD: 9+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 72450
CD: 6+1 (Good) +3 EXP

Name: Morgenstern Ring
ID:  72450
Roll: 6+1
Item Type: Trinket
Description: A smooth silver ring with the letter M engraved into it. Its is an exact replica of Jonathan's family ring outside of the game. It brings comfort and memories back to him. 

IMG: https://cdn1.thehunt.com/app/public/system/note_images/4826552/original/24fe755e6033adf2923b110165efe017.jpg

ID# 72447
CD: 5+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 72444

ID# 72446
CD: 3+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 72445
CD: 2+1 (Bad) +2 EXP

ID# 72448
CD: 1+1 (Critical failure) +2 EXP

Total: +31, -8 T1 Mats

Edited by Birdie

"I may have made a huge mistake..." Birdie loomed over her workbench, the counter top littered with failed trinkets and lucky charms that didn't remotely resemble the items her clients were hoping for. "Why.. why am I so useless at this lately!" She slapped the palm of her hand down on the wooden surface, pulling her fingers across the table until they formed fists.

The blue-nette sighed, lifting her head from its slouch. "No point getting mad about it, but I've been keeping them waiting for way too long.. what if word spreads that I'm being tardy?" Troubled by the lack of quality results, she regrettably pulled off the crafting outfit and set the backroom light off - she would need to take a rest before having another attempt. And the next time she came back, whether that be in a matter of minutes, hours or days, she'd get everything made to the quality that her customers deserved. 

ID# 72479
CD: 10+1 (Rare) +6 EXP

ID# 72482
CD: 8+1 (Uncommon) +4 EXP

ID# 72484

ID# 72486

ID# 72481

ID# 72480
CD: 4+1 (Good) +3 EXP

ID# 72483
CD: 2+1 (Bad) +2 EXP

ID# 72485
CD: 2+1 (Bad) +2 EXP
LD: 18 <<Mat recovered>>

Total: +26 EXP, -7 T1 Mats

Edited by Birdie

"A small chunk of <<Silver>>, mix in some <<Tree Resin>>, and finish it off with a dash of <<Antique Glass>>.. done!" Birdie watched as the bunch of junk items came together, forming a perfect item that matched Sey's second order brilliantly. There were a few unnoticable imperfections here and there, though a small bit of work would see those kinks ironed out perfectly, and she almost couldn't contain her smile. "Alright, two crafts down! Just.. uh.. two more to go. Aww..." Birdie dropped the iron hammer onto the table top and relaxed her arms, dropping her head into them as she rested her eyes by the workbench. "Just a few minutes.. then I'll get back to the crafting."

A couple of hours passed, and she awoke with a start. "Wha.. what happened?" Birdie sluggishly came to, blinking a few times as her sight returned. "Hm.. huh.. oh!" She navigated through her menu in a panicked fashion, until she found the player that she was looking for - Sey. Sending him a quick message to tell him his items were done, she smiled and closed down the menu. "Halfway there."

ID CD Quality
72545 10+1 Rare
72544 4+1 Good
72543 11+1 Perfect
72542 4+1 Good
72541 7+1 Good
72540 6+1 Good
72539 3+1 Good

Total: +30 EXP, -7 Mats

Edited by Birdie

Birdie awoke with a start, had the previous day been a nightmare? She dreamt of tirelessly crafting items all day, only to finish just one of the three outstanding orders she needed to have made for her clients.

Quickly, she realised the dream had been a reality, and quietly sighed. "My luck's been down in the dumps lately.." she mumbled to herself, throwing the covers further across the bed as she swung her feet out and sat on the side. She decided that day would be the day she'd finish her orders, whether that meant brute forcing her way through dozens of failed crafts or not.

She went about her usual morning; breakfast, getting some fresh air with Glacia, harvesting any obvious materials along the outskirts of town. Finally, she ended up back in her shop, and more ready than ever to craft some items.

ID CD Quality EXP
72591 10+1 Rare +6
72592 5+1 Good +3
72593 3+1 Good +3
72594 10+1 Rare +6
72595 6+1 Good +3
72596 7+1 Uncommon +4
72597 11+1 Perfect +9
72598 4+1 Good +3

Total: +37 EXP, -8 Mats

Edited by Birdie

He got the message about the items being ready, and in the usual timely manner. Impressed as always, he would examine the items with his hands in his pockets, tilting his head to the side. Once he had examined the condition of the items, he would close his eyes, nod his head, and give a satisfied smile. "This is exactly what I need, thanks for the crafts!" Sey would announce as he would place the items into his inventory. However, as usual, he could not let good work go unnoticed. If not that, at least to help lighten the load. Placing the transaction and trades HUD screen up again, he would launch another 300 Col towards the owner in exchange for nothing, a simple little tip for the hard work given. "See you again." Which he most certainly did intend on doing. There was something he needed to do, but there was a time gap that he needed to fill as of right now. He was proud with the items, so he knew this was the right place to carry out the next request he'll soon place in.

-300 Col

+1 Memorilia T - Pocket Watch

+1 Memorilia S - Pocket Watch

A weight was lifted from the Artisan's shoulders as her white-haired customer assured satisfaction with the finished product. "I'm glad you like it!" she claimed in an upbeat tone, promptly leading into a wide smile as she noticed the extra tip. Birdie nodded and gave the customer a wave, sighing happily at the whole exchange. "At least all of the work wasn't for nothing. Hirru still hasn't shown up though, so it's not over just yet.."

In the mean time, she decided to don her usual crafting apron once again and return to the backroom. Immediately she was hit by the scent of burning essence and heat of the red-hot furnace, causing a smile to develop on her face. The one room where she could always go to and forget about the struggles of living in Aincrad, left with nothing but a workbench, her favourite tools and the creativity locked away in her mind. She struck a piece of metal ore with a hammer, and the crafting session was soon underway.

ID CD Quality EXP
72632 8+1 Uncommon +4
72633 12 Perfect +9

Total: +13 EXP, -2 <<T1 Mats>>

Edited by Birdie

The hunter had received the message some time ago, which wasn't too long of an experience.  He knew that crafting and such was a quick process, but there had to be some limitations to that.  Not that he would know, as a merchant's bodyguard and appraiser, he wasn't constrained by certain limitations.  Though, that made his supplies run out fairly quickly, if he didn't moderate the process himself.

Entering the shop, the hunter felt that the place got a little messier than it was when he had placed his order.  Approaching the blue haired artisan, the hunter gave a small wave.  She would have already known he was there from the bell, and knew what he was here for.

"Howdy!  I'm here for that accessory."

He would say.  When the exchange was made, the hunter would take it out to examine it himself.  Appearing in his hand, the golden bracelet would glisten in the light.  The hunter would touch a singular button to show the stats of the item.

"Excellent!  Thank you!"

+Favor of the Golden Dragon

Jonathan walked back into the shop and nodded to Birdie. She had recently sent him a message that his items were ready and he could drop by whenever. With haste, he hurridly moved back to the first floor town and into the humble workshop. Jonathan smiled at the scout apprentice. "Done already? I must say, you are the fastest crafter in all the professions. When I go to get a new weapon, I have to way weeks before getting an item. I know it is hard work, but that is a bit too long for master crafters." Jonathan sent the woman 1500 col for the two items, and as a tip. Well, I do have to thank you. Most people will never even see me wear the one for accuracy, it is for solo training purposes. Kinda stupid to tank alone.... You have no idea." Jonathan smiled and waved over to Birdie, knowing he would see her sometime soon. She was a good gal, and probably a bright business future in Aincrad, Probably as a frontliner as well. 

+Clockwork Angel

+ Morgenstern Ring

-1500 Col

(1000 Perfect + 250 Vanity, +250 Tip)

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Name: Una simul
Description:
images.jpg

One more time will Sey arrive, though this little item in particular was not quite for him. It technically was, but for the most part, not really. Someone would probably want it in the future, and since he was going to be hoarding all sorts of items, he might as well keep adding to the list. Though eventually, he would probably be giving it away. It was a little habit, to keep and to give. But this was going to be given for sure, there was no intent on keeping it. "Hey Birdie! I have a special order today, if you don't mind me having it brought in. Think you can do this for me?" The order form had been filled out already, since it was prepared. It was a lovely gift for sure, the other one will think so for sure. And now it would only be a matter of time. He'll gladly place the col down, the debt paid instantly thanks to the low amount charged at the shop.

-1,000 Col

As she would usually be doing on a colder Winter's day, Birdie found herself wrapped up in layers of warm clothes, tending to the workshop that she so happily called home. It was only a temporarily solution, of course, as her intention was to move to one of the higher floors once enough coin was in her pocket, but for all intents and purposes (and the time being), she found the adobe comfortable enough to live in.

One of the brighter parts of her day was encountering customers, and particularly those that had come to visit before. If not for the brief spurts of face-to-face interaction, then for the profits she made that would eventually go towards the purchase of her first real home, and second shop in Aincrad. Such a situation arose when her eyes wandered towards the opened door, and noticed Sey walking through the entrance. A pleasant surprise, she greeted him with a welcoming smile and stood up from her stool, tending to the counter as the customer approached. "Hey Sey! Sure, I'll take a look," she told him, her hands reaching for the form.

Everything seemed to be in order, and she gave the man a reassuring nod. "Leave it to me. I'll pop you a message when it's ready, okay?" On top of that day's potential orders, she needed to craft herself an item that would boost her energy recovery in battle, though it would obviously need to wait until later. With that, she bid the man adieu and awaited any further customers, before preparing for the session of crafting ahead.

ID CD Quality EXP
73680 4+1 (T2) Good +3
73681 4+1 (T2) Good +3
73682 8+1 (T2) Uncommon +4
73683 7+1 (T2) Uncommon +4
73684 6+1 (T2) Good +3
73685 9+1 (T2 Rare +6
73686 11+1 (T2) Perfect +9
73687 11+1 (T1) Perfect +9

Total: +41, -1 T1 Mats, -7 T2 Mats

Edited by Birdie

Sey came in a few days later when he got the message about the ring, and it turned out to be ready. Perfect, all of the plan was coming back together. "Thanks Birdie, much help with this item appretiated." The snow haired player would explain to her before putting the item into his inventory. Stage one set. Now it was time to go to the one who requested it. All for a better future for them of course, this held more value than one might expect. So now it was time to give up a bigger tip, since it had that much value to him. "Here. You deserve it, this was important and you delivered swiftly." So with that, he would drop another thousand col for her to have. It felt good to have some wealth, he had to be honest. But it was there, and he was grateful about it

-1000 Col

+1 Una Simul

• 2 weeks later...

Locusta's Respite (Artisans - Amulet) - Grants 75% Immunity from all poison and toxin damage while fighting Nerius. Becomes a VANITY item after the thread. Requires the use of an Uncommon, or higher, quality crafting attempt.

That is what Kasier needed and that is what she shall obtain. For the boss fight, she wanted this amulet just so she can be safe from the AoE poison attacks that might come from the field boss. With her low amount of health, who knows what type of damage the poison can do to her. Kasier sighed, walking into the shop of one of her guild members. She had realized that she had not been acquainted with the blue haired artisan. No time better than now. She thought, looking around the shop and wandering if the woman will be crafting soon. Kasier needed the woman to craft, and she will pay extensively for it. Especially since currently, she has more than eighty materials stored up in her inventory. In fact, she can probably spend so much of those without caring about running out. For even when they do run out, she won't care that much. Of course, that was when she read the sign that materials will no longer be accepted. Huh. I wonder why. Kasier thought, shrugging and walking to place in the order.

"Kasier here. I was just wandering if you could craft me a Locusta's Respite. Since it can be uncommon, rare, or perfect, I would prefer it to be uncommon since I'm pretty tight on Col. However, I wouldn't mind if you use the other tiers as long as I receive the item before the boss fight. I'll pay upon receiving item so I can pay according to the rarity it is classified under. Much thanks. Oh and here is 10 tier one materials if you need any to craft with."

Donated 10 tier one materials

Edited by Kasier

Days before the boss fight was due to start, Birdie had already began making preparations for the event. She hadn't opted to make a Locusta's Respite for herself, seeing as the survival skill would negate a fair amount of the boss's damage over time debuffs, though other players were sure to show up seeking one.

Eventually, the first customer in search of the event item showed up, and she greeted the woman with a smile. "Hey Kasier! Yup, I can get right on that for you. Can't say for sure I'll be able to make it Uncommon, but I'll uh.. make it as low quallity as possible?" She thought for a second. ".. that kinda hurt to say."

Nodding her head in appreciation of the materials, Birdie disappeared into the back room and got to work on the item, knowing full well that there wasn't much time left before the event would begin.

+10 T1 Mats

ID CD Quality EXP
74272 4+1 Good +4 EXP
74273 2+1 Bad +3 EXP
74274 3+1 Good +4 EXP
74275 11+1 Perfect! +9 EXP
74276 9+1 Rare +6 EXP
74277 4+1 Good +4 EXP
74278 5+1 Good +4 EXP
74279 5+1 Good +4 EXP

Total: +38 EXP, -8 T1 Mats

Edited by Birdie