[OP-F1] Scouting the Fields [No More Participants]

Rays of light reflected off of the blade latched to the golden haired youth's waist. Crimson eyes rolling across the verdant plains of the first floor. They lingered on, halting at the entrance to the city, a place he could no longer walk through due to the color of his crystal. But for him that mattered not. For he now walked these floors with little to no fear of what they held. Certainly no longer fearing any player that remained here. But that was not the point of his arrival. No, with the creation of Spectrum Coalition, Oikawa fully intended to scout potential recruits. He wanted to find those similar in ideals to the ones that himself, Calrex, and Teayre shared. But first he would need a reason to draw some one out. His hand drifted to his blade. He unhitched the sword, allowing it free reign as he gripped it with both hands. Eyeing an unsuspecting player, who seemed to struggle with a boar, a malicious glint overcame his features as he charged off at the two combatants.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur sat on the nearby hillside watching as Oikawa helped a few new players fighting with boars. It felt good to be back out here on the field of the first floor. He had spent a lot time here in the beginning with Tyger, they had made sure to take their time leveling up with the highest possible safety factor. It was perilous to be a new player stepping out into the fields for the first time. There was no monster in the entire castle of Aincrad with more players kills than the boars of the first floor.

As Baldur enjoyed the sunlight that filled the air around him, his blue haori spread out behind him as it occasionally got caught in the wind. He watched as Oikawa set about his mission on the first floor. They definitely needed to try and bring up some fresh blood, and Baldur had made his investment as well in some up and coming players. It still wasn't enough, but it was a start.

He plucked a piece of grass out of the ground and rubbed it between his fingers before he let it be carried away on the wind. It was still amazing to him that he could feel the grass between his fingers. There was just something about the first floor that always seemed to bring back that sensation of awe.

Hakai wandered further into the fields on the first floor, katana sheathed. She didnt have anything to fear from these boars, and it wasnt like they were her targets. Rin was supposed to be showing up, and Hakai was going to protect her as she attempted to gather materials. The key work there being attempted. To tell the truth, Rin was pretty terrible at finding things. Important things at least. Her young friend rarely found materials but always managed to find holes in the ground to fall into. Today she was late, causing Hakai to worry about her. What if she had gotten lost in town? Or was already out here trying to find materials solo? She looked around, scanning the players that were out and about hunting boars or just standing around. She didnt see Rin anywhere, but an orange cursor caught her eye. She had almost looked right over it.

She slowly turned to face the direction of the player. It was rare to see an orange player on the first floor. They usually stayed higher up, attempting to prey on those higher levels that actually had worthwhile loot. Seeing an orange player on a floor such as this one was either good new or bad news. They were either here for personal business, such as mat hunting and testing out new skills, or they were the worst sort of orange player, the type that player killed for fun rather than for items. She glanced around again. Rin wasnt around, the one person who she specifically wouldnt want involved if it came to a fight. She slowly wandered in the direction of the orange player. She needed to keep an eye on him to make sure that he didnt try anything. As she thought this the man unsheathed his blade and charged towards a player who was having difficulty with a boar. She picked up the pace, walking faster towards the player and the boar this time. She wasnt going to do anything rash. For all she knew he was going after the boar to help out. 

Itzal was training on the first floors again.  He was originally about to move his training to the next floors but he heard rumors that mobs had increased in strength.  Thus he decided to wait and investigate this rumor on the first floor to see just how strong they have become.  Things were going well so far.  He had been following a boar now for quite some time and it was now fighting a low level player.  He decided to watch from a distance and wait until the mob was either killed or rush in there if the player needed help.  As he took his place in hiding he adjusted the hood and mouthpiece on his armor, Niger Natio, and made sure his sword was easy to draw from.  As he observed the battle he took note of how the player seemed to be doing well at first but was slowly beginning to struggle.  Something he had also known from time to time fighting monsters.  However this time he noticed that the monster hadn't seemed to have lost much health.  So either this player wasn't very good at all, or the rumor was more than true.  And if the rumor was true then low level players would need much more help than before.  He was about to jump in when he spotted something a little ways away.  His heart sank as he saw an orange player observing the fight.  He instantly drew his sword and watched as the player seemed to prepare to draw his own.  Itzal dashed toward the player and boar, discussing quickly with Ulises in his mind.

Think we can help that player without dying ourselves?  Ulises asked.  Not sure.  Our evasive skills should keep us from getting hit, but do you see his posture?  He's not an ordinary player.  He's very skilled.  So the key here is:  Don't get hit...  If he's really hostile.  Always assume the worst and prepare.  As Itzal rushes forward his approach was made so that he could either strike the boar, or block the pker's attack at a moment's notice.  Once the attack was blocked (if the attack happened at all) he could only pray that the pker wasn't as strong as he feared.  If he was...  Well, at least the player would live.

Edited by Itzal

The blonde's peripheral vision perked up as he saw two lowlies advance in his direction. While he was nearly within reach of the boar and the struggling player, he stopped and lifted his sword in the direction of the male player, before pivoting and taking sights of the lass that soon followed. His voiced echoed around them as he spoke, hopefully it wouldn't fall on deaf ears. "Oh do pray tell, what you two planned to accomplish by rushing over here? If my actions were to include this struggling players death, believe you me that he would already have fallen to my blade. That said, stand back," explained Oikawa as he pressed forward and interjected him self between the boar and the player. Grasping Ea with both hands, he cleaved through the pixelated creature before returning the blade to his back. Eyeing the struggling player, a look of disappointment found its way to his features as he spoke once more. "Try not to fight these things alone, I'd hate to see another life lost to the boar." Turning back to the two players who had approached, he finished. "So again, to what do I owe this pleasure?" He questioned as his hand readily rested on Ea.

Hikoru watched from the shadows, eyeing Oikawa, a good friend of his helping a few lower players. He had been exploring this floor for awhile, gaining more SP and col from the lower-levelled mobs, and trying to gain levels rapidly as they soon came close to the 20th floor. he wanted to be ready, be prepared, be among the top tier of players in this game when they reached their new goal, and level 50 was his end goal before then. He was close, but at the same time he was far. He breathed and watched, quite curious at the circumstances. He hadn't seen Oikawa at this low a floor for quite awhile, although he couldn't say that much, since the last time he saw him was at the last floor boss he was at, and the few quests that they had gone on with together. He breathed and jumped through a few trees

"Maybe I can get a bit closer, see if I can hear what their saying..." He muttered to himself as he moved quietly, taking his time to get over and make sure that the shadows surrounded him fully, not wanting to be seen all-together. He hoped he could find some interesting info of what was going on down there, but he would have to wait and see

In Stealth with Golden Ring Equipped: Must roll a 18+ on the LD to be discovered

The closest roads to the Town of Beginnings were framed by a hybrid stone and wood fence. Even the paths themselves were paved with cobblestones that faded beneath the soil further out into the wilds. One such route had become a popular location for couples, spirited children, and the occasional lone wolf. A tree, alone and isolated from the forests, grew tall and firm on a small grassy knoll. Just feet away, the busy street leading to the city brimmed with players both coming and going. Atop the hill, beneath the spotted shade of the tree's boughs, a white haired player laid alone.

Lycan propped his arms behind his head, turning briefly to the sheathed weapon that lay beside him. Harbinger, forged by Oikawa  in his Grand Forge, looked at peace as the digital blades of grass brushed softly against its scabbard. Lycan's lips curled into a serene grin before turning his attentions skyward. The ambient noise of the first floor became almost like a sweet melody. Voices of passersby mixed with the hush of gentle breezes, the whistles of songbirds, and percussion of PvE combat in the fields.

"Weather's nice today," mumbled the boy to himself. His mind hung on the urge to grow his strength or pursue something more productive, but not today.

Today was for peace, relaxation, and living.

Hakai for one, hadnt been about to jump in front of the other player, unlike the newcomer who had looked like an idiot attempting to intercept a blow that never came. "Nothing much. Im just trying to preserve life. If you hadnt noticed, the number of players left is steadily decreasing. Its my opinion that we'll need everyone we can get for the final battle." She paused, looking him over. He had some high quality gear, and wasnt the sort that she wanted to cross, unless he was about to kill someone that is. "I know that not all orange players are bad, but it's better to be careful." She placed her own hand onto the pommel of her katana, giving the clear message that she wouldnt mess around if he made a move. Rin could wait. She wanted to keep an eye on this player, and was also intrigued by the orange cursor and what he had said to the player about not wanting to lose another player to a boar. From that alone she was already guessing that he had pked someone out of necessity rather than malice.

My eyes are trained on the boar. The wind gently taking several strands of hair past my face. Breathing slowly I let out a long breath as the boar charges towards me. Bringing my blade round I parry the boar’s attack the blade locking into its tusks. As we tussled back and forth, a blonde haired player pushed his way towards me.

“My death?” I looked at Oikawa and then around to the other players. I take a couple of steps backwards. Narrowing my eyes as the two handed weapon and then across to the blonde’s face I nod. “Thank you, you’re the one who kept an eye on X when he followed myself and my friend a few weeks ago were you not?”

As a few more players appeared I looked around before looking back down at the boar that the blonde had forced his way further in between. “Thank you.” I manage to say after taking in the scene. A few steps to the side as I prepare to flank the creature.

ID: 67070

BD: 4 - Missed
CD: 2
LD: 7
MD: 3 - Missed

Shinzoku: 80/80
   Energy: 6/8

Boar: 4/4

DMG: 10 MIT: 1

Edited by Shinzoku

*Enters with Esther*
Mari wasn’t too sure about this, it had been quite some time since she had bothered to appear in the public eye. She was generally one to lurk, and wait till there weren’t many people around, then do what she had to - only to disappear up to her sanctuary in the 10th floor. Mari didn’t like what Aincrad had become, she didn’t like the people. She didn’t like dealing with the stares, the hushed whispers, or the witch hunts. She didn’t like the arrogance that befell the frontliners, and how childishly they all acted, her eyes narrowed when she saw just how busy the field was that day. “Great..” She muttered under her breath. Still, this wasn’t so much for Mari, as it was for Esther.

Mari walked into the fields near the Town of Beginnings, in her hand she held onto a thin chain, and attached to that thin chain...was a collar looped around the delicate neck of Esther, who trailed closely behind Mari. Mari was a little surprised that Esther had been so quick to accept the idea of being Mari’s ‘pet’ if Mari were to be brutally honest, if she knew Esther would say yes, she probably would not have bothered to propose such a thing, she didn’t exactly want to deal with people. Still, a promise was a promise. Mari had no doubt, that if Arc didn’t hate her before, he’d most certainly hate her now.

Mari would also be lying, if she said she didn't find the concept of having another helplessly follow her around, "You know..." Mari said aloud. "That Tailor did a pretty decent job of your collar."

Mari glanced around the area, there were a few green icons dotted around the place, followed by an orange one, the tell-tale mark of a PKer. They were too far for Mari to see who it was, even if they were closer - chances were that Mari wouldn’t know them. “Even better…” She mumbled, her mood deteriorating.

Mari glanced back at Esther, sweet, innocent Esther - she had no idea what she had so brazenly pushed herself into. Mari tugged the chain, closing the gap between the two. “There is a Player Killer nearby, for gods sake stay close, last thing I need is having you be killed. Stay close to me and I’ll make sure you’re safe.” Her tone sounded annoyed, but her words, as harsh as they were, promised Esther safety.

“I don’t know how long we’ll stay here…” Mari mused, heading toward a large boulder, she sat on it, and pointed toward the red and yellow flowers surrounding it. “You’ve been taught how to gather materials right? Do that. I’ll watch you, make sure you’re doing it right. I’ll keep watch so you don’t have to worry about interference from mobs or other unsavoury types.”

Mari reached out, and pulled the chain closer, so that Esther was forced to look directly into Mari’s eyes. Mari was met with wide, innocent green hues, and soft cheeks stained red with embarrassment, Mari spoke in a mildly devious tone. “If you gather enough, I may just be nice enough to show you how to craft a potion.”

*Entered with Mari*

This...was nothing short of embarrassing, when Mari had suggested that Esther be her 'pet' rather than her apprentice, Esther all too readily accepted. Giddy and intoxicated by the truth serum, Esther had admitted it was something of a....to put it nicely interest of hers. However, to be here, out in the open, trailing behind Mari...attached to a chain that the other, woman held so diligently in her hand. "U..Uhm Mari this is....really embarassing, there are people around...." Esther mumbled, toying with the thin chain with her fingers. This was odd...but Esther went along with it. She didn’t dislike it, she was just more embarrassed than anything else right now. "The girl did a good job..." Esther said, shifting one hand up to lightly press against the cool leather of the collar. "She was nice and gentle too, and had these little mews like a cat.." Esther laughed awkwardly, "Maybe she should be here too, huh?" Esther laughed again, to ease the tension between the two - and her own nerves.

Mari mentioned that there was a Player Killer around, and had pulled Esther closer, almost defensively so, Esther had to take a few quick steps to catch up to Mari. Esther found it a little hypocritical that Mari, who was as far as she knew, a somewhat renowned PKer - was warding Esther off of others who held the orange marker. Wasn't she judging them the way she didn't want to be judged. Esther contemplated pointing this out to Mari. She crossed her arms, as she followed closely behind the other woman. "Mmm...Isn't that hypocritical Miss Mari?" Esther asked, "I mean - you don't know he's bad."

Mari had chosen to sit on a rather large boulder in the field, and had instructed Esther to pull up the flowers around it, as a source of materials. Practise. Esther sighed, she knew this was Mari's way of coping with having someone in close proximity to her at all times, that it was her way of trying to open up, without actually making herself vulnerable. Esther guessed this may also because Mari wanted Esther to quit on her, because being this whole 'pet' thing would prove to be too difficult to her.

"Too bad for you Mari...but I don't  give up." Esther said with a small laugh.

"Hey," Takao said as he dropped down and crouched beside Hikoru, lazy eyes glancing out from the shadows that his fellow player had taken solace in. His nostril twitched as he inhaled, slowly moving over the few figures that had gathered. Oikawa, who was a familiar face, and another player that looked entirely unfamilar were standing above the fleeting pixelated remains of what he could only assume was a boar, or perhaps a wolf. Both were common adversaries on the first floor that Takao had assumed were hunted into oblivion, given their low stats and easy, predictable attack patterns.

"What're we lookin' at?" He asked, stealing a sidelong glance at the stealthy player before looking back at Oikawa. In most cases, player killers were open game... or at least that's how he heard it to be, he seldom concerned himself with the notion. But with Hikoru's own glowing orange cursor and little explanation to Takao for how he got it, it was easy to make a few assumptions. With a raised eyebrow, he did just that.

"Y'gonna try 'n jump him 'cause he's a player killer or somethin'?" said Takao, doing little to conceal himself or to hide his monotone voice. It might have even looked like he was talking to himself, which wouldn't have been an unlikely assumption to arrive at. Glove-clad hands twitched slightly with anticipation; he didn't truly think Hikoru had such an intention, but he did find it mildly entertaining to bring forth the notion. He shifted and rested his arms over his knees, his head tilted.

- -

ID: 67060
LD: 29 (17 + 5(S&D) + 4(HoM) + 3(Detect))

ID: 67062 LD: 10 (2 + 5 S&D +3 Gate of Babylon)

"Well we certainly are entitled to our opinions and like hearts, we all have them. Some hearts are just colder than others, and luckily for you mine is in a good place today. Another PKer may not so much as hesitate to cut you down, especially given where your hand is placed," he explained as his eyes darted to her weapon. Ignoring the other youth who had approached, the blonde's interest was drawn to a rustle and murmur ahead. Placing hands between the two players before him, he excused himself and eyed the bobbing tuft of pink cotton candy roaming about. He knew of only one player that donned such a color of hair and if he recalled correctly; the last time she roamed this floor there was a death involved.

"You two should probably steer clear of this area. There's a soul here that even I'd rather not deal with," he shouted over his shoulder. Betraying his very words however, the blonde made way to the lass known as Mari. His pace quickened. Eyes darting back and forth between the figure no more than ten feet from the pinkette, and the pinkette herself. However, his brow soon raised as he caught a glimpse of what literally and figuratively connected them.

A chain? Really? Is this what she's reverted to? Something as degrading as this? The nerve of this one has not faltered in the least in her absence from the front-lines.

Marching straight to her, the blonde quickly stepped between the girl picking flowers and Mari herself. Blade drawn, he rested it on the 'leash' linking the two together. "So care to explain what the hell this is?" He gestured to the leash he now tapped with his blade.

'Noob town' or at least that was the name given to the Starting City by a certain blonde who was now frantically trying to keep up with her white furred familiar who had dashed towards a apparently random direction. "Wait girl!" hailed the ex-rapier user to no avail as her heels clattered on the cobblestone path. It was quite difficult to run in her casual blue attire holding in the urge to throw the umbrella she had at the runaway lioness. The chase became even harder, for the blonde at least, as they started running up a small hill her system regulated agility making it unable for her to keep up with a 'wild animal'.

"I know I shouldn't bring her with me.. she gets like this every time we're on this floor..." While spitting those words more to her own incapability of predicting her companion's behavior, she notices that Kimba stopped right under a lonely tree on top of the hill and started scratching the trunk.. looking upwards. "What you found?" she asked with a pant after stopping herself. Then with a glance upwards she spots a lazy platinum haired puppy in the tree.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" she asked with a giggle while waving at Lycan. It was at this time that she noticed several green markers and a couple of orange ones nearby but didn't really cared about those. "Give me a sec!" she said as she prepared to jump and after a deep breath she skipped through the branches until she landed near the wolf man. 

ID#67063  LD: 9 (no Hik found)

"Wait girl!" Lycan heard shouted over the melody of ambiance. Like an explicit lyric midst a symphonic piece, it jarred Lycan's peace of mind. At first, out of sheer contrast, but it dawned on him the voice was familiar.

The teen raised his head from its resting spot and looked about for the source of the commotion. Out of place like a ball of snow in the middle of spring, Lycan saw Kimba barreling toward him at a speed the tailing Ariel was struggling to match.

"Good grief..." the swordsman muttered with a hand clasped to his face.

Only moments passed until Kimba looked up at him from the base of the tree and like a cat to a dog, Lycan looked down at the beast with curious eyes.

"Hello Kimba."

With a huff and a puff, her master soon arrived.

"And Ariel. What're you two doing down here?" As he spoke, the delicately dressed tailor propelled herself up into the tree.

"Awfully brave of you to climb a tree in that number." He commented with a shrug.

Mari sighed, as Esther said that the entire thing was embarrassing. She wasn't the only one who felt that way. "The point is to embarrass you, girl. You're the one who so readily and foolishly accepted this little...." She gave the chain a little shake. "Scenario. You need to live with your decisions." Mari gave a small scoff. "If you like the collar so much, maybe she should make you matching cuffs." It came off ruder and more violent than Mari intended, and she bit her tongue. She promised Alkor, no f**k Alkor...She promised Thom that she'd try not to be so....hostile toward people. "I mean....it does suit you." She muttered, turning her gaze away from Esther. "You really think I, of all people could deal with leading two girls around on chains?" Mari shook her head, she could  barely deal with the one.

It would have almost been a serene, sweet scene - if not for the chain connecting the two. There was Esther, who blended in perfectly with the serene fields of colour around her, long lilac hair spilling out over the soft grass, ever so carefully picking flowers. Then, there was Mari, sitting atop a rock, wary eyes watching the younger of the  two. Every now and again Mari would bat Esther's hand away from a wilted flower. "No, not that one."

The scene, was disturbed - as another player quickly approached. Mari was just as quick to react, seeing that the approaching player was another PKer. Mari pushed herself off the rock, defiantly placing herself between Oikawa and Esther. Even with his blade pressed down on the chain. The one thing Mari didn't want to occur, had happened. "Tch."

Mari gave Oikawa a hard shove, he faltered, but only slightly. It was enough for him to lift his blade from the chain, and Mari used that moment to further place herself between the golden haired boy and the lilac haired girl. "I could say the same to you." Mari seethed, her complacent attitude had completely changed, her words dripped with toxic venom, a seething annoyance that he had disrupted her day. "A Pker now" She muttered distastefully. "This is none of your business, and I'll ask you to kindly get your rusty ass sword away from my pet." If her cheeks weren't already red with rage, they would be by now - the mere utterance of the word didn't exactly sit well with Mari. She wasn't sure what to think of the whole thing, but calling Esther property, friend, acquaintance...friend...nothing else suited. "One who all too willingly agreed. I'm not out for blood today, so move the f**k on."

ID: LD  =

Esther gave a sheepish laugh, bopping herself on the head as Mari said that this outings primary intention was to embarrass her. "Aha...silly me...but, jokes on you, this doesn't exactly bother me too much. It's a nice day, the company is ok too I guess." Esther added, another joke. Anyone would think the woman had a death wish. Esther crossed her arms, hding her wrists glancing away from Mari. "I think I'm ok. I can't imagine having such a thing on my hands would be good for material gathering anyway..right?"  Esther's face went a bright shade of red, and she had to turn her entire body away from the pink haired woman when she complimented her. Mari managed to compliment her, Esther wasn't sure why, but she felt that such a thing wouldn't happen often. It felt significant, coming from Mari. Esther lightly touched the collar. It matched her attire, Mari must have taken that into consideration when it was made.

Esther turned her attention downward, and attempted to pick some materials, just as Lycan had shown her, sadly, she had failed. Esther went to try again but her plight was short lived, as she was jerked forward, falling to her knees as Oikawas sword pressed down against the chain that bound both her and Mari together. Esther glanced up to see a very angry looking blonde man, the very man that she had tried to defend. His eyes almost seemed to glow scarlet, a ferocious red. Her heart skipped a beat, was this real? Was he going to try to hurt her? To hurt Mari?

It seemed the mans beef was more so with Mari, than her. Esther chanced another look up at the man, then back to Mari. Her thoughts travelled back to her tent, just a few nights ago, and how Mari said that most people were out to get her - that it could be dangerous just to be around her, Esther realised that ignoring such a warning may not have been in her best interests. She was shaken, and scared. Not only for herself, but for the woman who was so earnestly trying to not hate the world around her. A world which had all but turned its back on her.

Then there was Mari, Mari had kept her word. Placing her small body between the potential threat, and Esther. Oikawa was much taller than Mari, but she held her own - she pushed him back and wrapped the chain around her wrist. Esther had to helplessly follow, inching closer to Mari. The pink clad girl seemed almost scarier than Oikawa, and Esther trembled at her words. The words themselves weren't exactly violent, it was the tone she used. Esther began to understand why Mari was feared.

"U-u-uhm...." Esther tried to speak, but she was tremblng. She didn't do well with confrontation, this was out of her comfort zone. "She's r-right. I'm Ok..." Esther stammered, peering up at Oikawa from behind Mari. "She's teaching me how to pick the r-right materials."

Edited by Esther

Itzal watched as the orange player relaxed his posture and after a brief moment of relief he heard what the player had to say.  It seems we were part of a test of some sorts.  I don't like being fooled.  Neither do I but it appears this was necessary.  He has a point you know.  True, true.  Very well.  Itzal obeyed the obviously powerful player and turned to his right, slowing down his pace as it was never good to suddenly stop from a sprint.  He watched the player completely decimate the pitiful boar which Itzal himself had done multiple times.  After that was over Itzal walked closer to the player and analyzed his expression, but mostly his eyes, and could tell that this player could be trusted..  To some extent.  While he was willing to trust the player the orange color added a certain amount of caution to his actions.  Itzal nodded to the player, his face still concealed behind the hood and mouthpiece. 

"Your right.  While I cannot just sit by and watch someone else perish before me when I had the chance to intervene, neither can I act rashly without thought.  I'll practice better caution in the future."  Itzal looked closer at the mans face and realized that he recognized him.  "Oh, your the player who-"  He was cut off as the red player caught a glimpse of something in the distance and his expression darkened.  He told them that they might want to leave as a dangerous player had arrived and walked off.  Itzal couldn't see the figure from his position but he didn't worry about it.  Oikawa, the player who forged his weapon Retributor, was one of the front liners as he now knew.  Eager to join them at some point he kept his ear sharp for any rumors he could hear.  Overall however he had only heard a handful of names.  He watched for a little before turning to the other two players.  "Well while we're here I guess we can introduce each other?  I'm Itzal, nice to meet you two."

Hakai glanced over at the pink haired woman that man had gone over to confront. She was walking a girl on a chain. Hakai smirked. Maybe she should get something like that for Rin. The girl probably wouldnt even mind. She sheathed her Katana and turned to the other player, the one who had been prepared to intercept a blow for the player who had been fighting the boar. She had a good first impression of him, just based on what he had been prepared to do. "Hey, I'm Hakai. Good to meet you too Itzal." She glanced around. Too much stuff was going on in the vicinity, and she was left wondering once again whether or not Rin had fall into a hole or seen all the people and decided to hide behind a rock. "Im actually searching for a friend. Shes either late or lost, and im a bit worried about her." She explained to him as her excuse for paying more attention to her surroundings than him. "Sorry." She said before turning back to face him. In all likelyhood she had just forgotten. "So, what brings you out to this floor?"

Itzal sheathed his black sword Retributor as the player introduced herself as Hakai and he nodded to her.  "Does your friend have a name?  I might know her.  And I frequently train on this floor.  I actually came here today because I heard a rumor that monsters have become stronger and I intend to investigate just how.  I can never allow information to simply slip by me without finding out how or what.  Actually, I've been here more actively for the past month what with me training my apprentice here and all."  Itzal decided to stop there.  She seemed friendly but Itzal knew more than most that appearances could be deceiving.  Especially since he now had Ulises.  And while his new friend was strong, he couldn't just take over Itzal anymore.  They worked together hand in hand, discussing and debating with each other.  It was a little humorous since they were both the same being, but the nerve gear had taken Itzal's built up and buried anger and made a personality out of it.  It had truly taken form during calming the soul where he had to fight his own anger.  Afterwords they worked to develop their strengths and relationship.  Now they could work hand in hand.  Not only that but Ulises could keep an eye on their surroundings while Itzal conversed or slept.