[OP - Duel Arena] "Relationship goals"

Something was wrong... It wasn't something serious (or at least that was how she saw it) but for a time now the engaged couple had been... distant one with the another. The blonde blamed mostly herself for being a bit more, free-willed than others and maybe abusing @Hikoru's more reserved nature. She wanted to kiss and make up, for the beginning. She had a whole wardrobe of outfits she made and would like to try on for Hikoru back at her house. In a attempt to mend things she send Hikoru a simple message, not really being able to come up with something more: " Hey, wanna test out the new updates? " 

Immediately after sending the message she facepalmed and sighted: "I'm so stupid."she muttered under her breath. "Really, that's the best you can say to the one you're going to marry soon?" she continued in a self deprecatory tone. Inhaling a large amount of the virtual air in her lungs she exhaled to calm herself and checked if her new attire was in its place before she greeted her fiancé.

At her waist still dangled a silver rapier, a mere decoration item at this point as she opted to keep her main weapon in inventory due to its sheer overwhelming size at first glance. She stood there, in the official duel arena where she faced Calrex and Oikawa before. Now she was about to face her future husband; a giggle escaped her lips at that thought.

Duel Stats:

Spoiler

Stats:
1,075 HP
116 Energy
+3 Accuracy
+2 Evasion
15 Base Damage
66 Mitigation

Items:
» «Omamori: Feline Eyes» (+2 Evasion +1 Accuracy) (lucky charm)
» «Apoyo del Leon» (+36 Damage Mitigation +1 Light Momentum) (light armor)
» «Darkened Blade» (+2 Fallen Damage, +1 Accuracy) (2h assault spear)

Battle Ready Inventory:
» *«Chivalric Rapier»  (+1 Damage, +2 Accuracy) (rapier) [Equipped/temp. vanity]

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:

1msPReh.png?1

Hikoru wasn't sure why his soon-to-be wife had suddenly sent him a message, but he didn't care. He wanted to see her bad, and now he would finally be able to. It was at a remote location, and he got to finally have some alone time with her. He quickly made sure his gear was Equipped and that Sutetchi was on his shoulder, and he soon made his way to the place that she wanted to meet her. He soon appeared here, and it looked familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He soon saw her in the distance and breathed quietly, breathing and moving forward happily, embracing her in a hug

"@Ariel - The Crowned Lion I missed you... How have you been?" He said as he kissed her forehead lightly. He sighed and felt a small shudder as his Familiar, Sutetchi was scared, by none other than the blonde-headed player's Familiar. He just sighed and scratched the familiar's chin, happily making sure he would be comfortable around Ariel

Spoiler

Hikoru, Master of Shadows

Stats:
915 HP
90 Energy
+3 Accuracy
+2 Evasion
13 Base Damage
56 Mitigation

Items:
Yamkima (Weapon) +2 Paralyse +2 Bleed
Master of Shadows (Light Armor) +1 Evasion +36 MIT
Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2 (Lucky Charm) +1 Evasion +2 Accuracy
Sutetchi (Familiar): +6 Damage 

Battle Ready Inventory:
N/A

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:
Rank 5 Dagger (Max Rank)
Rank 4 Light Armor
Rank 4 Sneak and Hide
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 0 Shadowed Path
Rank 3 Familiar (Max Rank)
Concentration
Survival

As much as she enjoyed the hug, she lightly frowned when he kissed her.... on the forehead like some kind of child, despite her being a bit taller than him. She put her hand on his collar and with a small pull she brought his lips onto her own. After a modest period of several second, she released the grip that broke the kiss and she replied to Hikoru with a smile: " I missed you too honey." She was very happy once she saw that he decided to positively reply to her bland invitation. Despite having some experience in this relationship deal she was surprised by her reaction, having a silly smile on her face ever since she saw him coming this way.

"You know, the same boring routine but with less going out on the fields and grinding for level. " she said with a sigh. Meanwhile, the white lioness who was on one of the seats for the potential public. She caught sight of the little creature that came with Hikoru and made her presence know with a roar. The time for her to act will come soon but before the duel started, then she would lazy around some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hikoru was suprised by the sudden kiss, and kissed back lightly, a blush forming madly on his cheeks and chills sent down his spine as she called him "honey." Now this was the woman that he had fallen in love with, and he gave a small smile to her as she explained what she had been up to, and he gave a small nod as well, agreeing with her as he had been doing the same thing as her. He gave a small sigh and a small smile.

"I've been up to the same thing. But uh, I do have a question..." He asked as he saw the seats and the Lion sitting in one. He had a raised eyebrow and looked back to his love "What the heck are these for?" He asked with curiosity. He didn't have any idea what they were for, and he wanted to know, his curious side appearing before him. He felt like a kid asking his mother why something the way it was, and gave her the same look of expectation. He gave a small sigh and awaited his answer that he wanted to know.

• 2 weeks later...

A broad smile accompanied by mischief made itself visible on her expression as with a couple of hand gestures, she summoned her new main weapon. A 10 feet tall, obsidian colored banner, its swallowtail fanion displaying her personal logo on a dark blue background. "Why of course I want you to fight me! This bad boy over here needs some testing, I used the egg we got to make it a spear from a rapier." she then lowered her gaze and began to play with some dirt with her foot while almost whispering: "And besides... I wanted us to spend some time together." a slight blush tinted her cheeks. She then shook her head in embarrassment and brought forth her HUD window next sending @Hikoru a half-life duel request.

"So... you wanna have a duel?" she asked as soon as the window disappeared from in front of her, the earlier blush settling  down a bit as soon as she gripped the weapon that towered over them both.

ID# 68927  LD: 11

OOC: since we didn't start fighting yet I updated my stats, be sure to do it too

Hikoru watched as he weapon appeared before her, not a rapier, but a spear, and an intimidating one at that. He gave a big gulp and looked down at his Dagger, who felt far inferior to that of the spear. He breathed and accepted the duel, going low and staying to the ground as well as he could, hoping to get a better advantage with speed than her. He loved her, but he wanted to win, and he would to everything in his power that he could to beat her. He breathed and waited for the timer to tick down to fight his soon-to-be wife. He breathed and called over

"May the best DPS win, and I plan to win." He said with a small chuckle, and waited quietly after that. He hoped that he could come out of this victorious, but at the moment he had no idea what to expect from his wife, and he was quite fearful of what was to come

ID: 68931

LD: 10 (OH COME ON ONE OFF FROM TIEING)

A grin appeared on her expression as the coutdown timer started ticking between them. "That's the spirit." Muterred the blond as she grabed the weapon beside her and with a graceful spin it danced around her waist until it stopped horizontally pointed towards Hikoru. The compatibility between a long range and a short range weapon was awful, as Ariel only needed to keep her distance and use the sharp tip of the banner pole to damage him. While Hikoru would need to slide past her weapon and her defense in order to hit.

"Which ever, I expect to see one of us giving a reward to the other. But that said, you should know that I don't like losing." She didn't wanted to come off as menacing, but she couldn't stay her competitive spirit. Lookings at the man in front of her, she searched for the ideal spot to strike.

The instant the timer reached the zero value, the blonde instinctively took a couple of steps forwards and thrusted her weapon towards @Hikoru's head but missing miserably; to stop him from charging at her, she took another step forward thus closing the distance between them making sure that he can't use his charge sword skill against her. She'd hope to use the obsidian pole to counter any incoming attacks from his.

"Tch, it seems I still have to much until I master this thing." She muttered in a sour tone. One could see only by looking at her expression that she was serious about this fight, at least for now.

ID# 68943 BD: 4  (3+3-2) Miss [LM procs]

Ariel: 1,075/1,075 HP 114/116 EN (-2)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 90/90 EN

Hikoru breathed and moved out of the way of his wife's attack. He saw an opening, and took his chance and struck that area multiple times, moving quickly away as the word "CRITICAL" appeared before his eyes. He gave a small smile and looked at his wife, chuckling as the bleed and Paralysis took over her body, so she couldn't move. He came over and kissed her cheek slyly, then sighing and moving back to prepare to attack once more

"Im so sorry, but you see, I have a new build, and your the new experiment for it~" He said with a small chuckle. He made a heart with his hands and prepared to attack once more since he had the chance to. His Build was already working well, and he knew that he could deal a considerable amount of damage to her with these two turns, but he would have to wait and see what would happen. 

ID: 68945

BD: 9 (+1 Paralysis +1 Bleed)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x14=182-66=116 Damage to Ariel

Ariel: 959/1,075 HP 114/116 EN (Paralysis for 1 Turn, 24 Damage from Bleed for the next 2 Turns)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 79/90 EN (-11)

And there it was, a dagger specific SA aimed perfectly at the opening she'd unwilingly left by closing the distance between them. A sigh was all the movement that she could make before she felt the paralyzing effect set it and as through the imobility of her body enough, as her eyes darted towards her HP bar where on top of the slight decrease in size and the 'paralized' icon another red colored icon appeared. 

At the sensation of his lips on her cheek, her body would visibly jerk if she could mode."I see that I'm not the only one that got a new weapon." She muttered with a smile. "C'mon now, don't tell me that's all you've got." She continued, taunting him in the hopes that he might magically miss her due to the intervention of a deity that might reside in this arena. "Yeah that's not going to happen anytime soon." she thought.

Hikoru breathed and moved forward, giving a small smile and a sigh a his wife tried to mock him and egg him on, but he was too focused to not be able to attack. He moved forward and struck again. Not a critical, but it was still damage, and then the bleed set in, dealing twenty-four more damage of health from her own. He had a good feeling about this, and he was happy that he had started out strong. He breathed and backed away, knowing the paralysis would be leaving soon, and stayed out of the way as best he could. He made another small heart, then prepared to evade her attacks as well as he could, in hopes that he would be able to avoid as much damage as he could, knowing that he weapon could deal a considerable amount of damage to him, and he needed to stay out of the way of her attacks a much as he could.

ID: 68948

BD: 7+3=10

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169-66=103 Damage to Ariel

Ariel: 832/1,075 HP 114/116 EN (24 Damage from Bleed for the next 1 Turn)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 69/90 EN (+1, -11)

The first time, the heart thing was cute but now after having missed again that simple gesture iritated the blonde as her left eyebrow started lightly twitching. Frustration was setting in and the blonde gritted her teeth as yet again, she tried to hit Hikoru with a powerful thrust aimed towards the place he'd make the heart sign. 

Seeing how he evaded it by milea away the blonde couldn't help but hung her head in defeat and exhale a loud sigh among the following words: "why did I have to give up on my perfect rapier for this thing." She tried to make a horizontal swipe from left to right,aimed at @Hikorus head. Gritting her teeth the blonde couldn't do nothing but watch her own failure. but it was too early to give up.. she didn't even get to deal one hit while hikoru was at his.. 3rd count?

ID# 68949 BD: 1 Miss [LM procs]

Ariel: 832/1,075 HP 115/116 EN (-2+1) (24 Damage from Bleed for the next 1 Turn)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 69/90 EN (+1, -11)

Hikoru dodged her attacks easily. She wasn't the best with this weapon, and he could tell that she had given up already. Seeing a chance, he struck her right in the heart, seeing the work "CRITICAL" appear above his head, he waited for the paralysis to set in, and breathed and he looked at her right in the eyes. He gave her a look of sheer dissapointment and sighed

"I wanted to fight you to see what I could do against you... But, if you give up, it doesn't make this fun anymore. it makes me feel like i'm too strong, and as nice as that sounds, I want to be able to spar with you without having to worry about overpowering you. Now I want to see that Lioness in you come out and attack me, okay? I won't go easy on you, so I expect the same from you, my lion maiden." He said with a small kiss on the lips, then backed away and prepared to strike her once more, to finish the duel

ID: 68950

BD: 9 (Bleed and Paralysis affected, +1 Damage)

Ariel: 692/1,075 HP 115/116 EN (-2+1) (Paralysis next turn, 24 Damage from Bleed for the next 2 Turns)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 59/90 EN (+1, -11)

Again, the paralysis icon make its way again next to her HP bar, right alongside the already existent bleeding icon. "This again?" she muttered as her bosy stopped responding. This was a cruel battle mechanic that was implemented here, robing players of their freedom to move... or similar thoughts like that ran through the blonde's mind as she listened to Hikoru's words. "Who said anything about giving up?" came a gutural inquiry as she looked into his eyes. A smirk formed on her facial expression. "Honey, you seem to forget that us lions like to hunt in packs."

Next as if awaiting those words to be muttered, a roar came from the spectator seats as Kimba leaped forwards and came by Ariel's side. In the same time the blonde's eye color changed from her natural mirror silver to fiery gold and black, like her white companion. Despite acting goofy most of time... or more like... with every occasion she can, the white lioness had a serious expression, being ready to fight by Ariel's side as they did against mobs. 

Ariel: 692/1,075 HP 116/116 EN (+1) (Paralyzed, 24 Damage from Bleed for the next 2 Turns)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 59/90 EN

Hikoru watched as the little Lion came over and he breathed, looking at Ariel with a small smile. That's what he liked to see, but it was time to end this. He came over and struck her again, hitting in the same spot as he did before, the word "CRITICAL" appearing before him once more. He looked at her with a small chuckle and made one last heart before paralysis overtook her again. He breathed and looked at her with a small sigh. He had won this fight, even if he somehow missed, the bleed would deal the last of the damage needed to end the duel. He breathed and came over, giving her a small kiss on the lips and pulling away, chuckling a bit

"That's game beautiful." He said, and sighed as he went over and unsheathed his dagger, not even wanting to continue with attacking. He had won, without losing a point of damage. He felt like a player on Oikawa's level, who had done the same to him, if only for a moment.

ID: 68962

BD: 9

Ariel: 552/1,075 HP 116/116 EN (+1) (Paralyzed, 24 Damage from Bleed for the next 2 Turns)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 59/90 EN

"Took you long enough." Said the blonde with a furious glare at her familiar. The easy going lioness was unfazed by the blonde's tone and payed little attention to her while sniffing through the air, trying to determine if Hikoru brought with him the little portable furred snack.

Ariel was about to object some more before she sensed and saw as the effect of the paralysis enhancement once again restricted her body movements. "Honestly, this is a shrewd effect." muttered the blonde while glaring at Hikoru. "What're you waiting for? I'll let you know that I want a rematch, one duel doesn't prove nothing.. best 2 out of 3." She said after a while, as she felt like she started regaining control over her motor functions. Closing and opening her hand in a fist, she got visual acknowledgement that her body was starting to respond the way she wanted to.

Hikoru breathed and sat on the ground as his wife yelled at him to keep fighting. He just put his weapon away and breathed, watching his Energy slowly rise as he continued to relax and wait for it to reach max before he fought again. He just chuckled as his familiar's head appeared out of his pocket and curled up on his chest, relaxing and sleeping right atop his heart. He smiled and scratched the familiar's chin and looked up as the buzzer rang as he had won the duel without one loss of a health point. He patted the ground and invited her to join him.

"Yes, but i'd like to have full energy before we fought again. Besides, it'd be nice to just relax for once... not fighting, not even creatures, even if just for a little while..." He said with a small sigh and breathed as he relaxed, waiting and hoping that she would join him soon.

Ariel: 528/1,075 HP 116/116 EN (+1)

Hikoru: 915/915 HP 60/90 EN (+1, 1/3 turns)

As the duel concluded with her loss, the blonde gently bit the interior of her cheek and pouted as her mobility returned to her numb body. With a sight she dropped her weapon and let it dematerialize into her inventory. She exhaled and with dejected shoulders she sat next to Hikoru.

Eyeing the little ferret, Ariel also reached out to pet it. "You must've been more useful to your companion than a certain someone here." She muttered as Kimba let out a growl and also sat down next to Hikoru. "I guess congratulations are in order..." she continued as she avoided his gaze and practically throwing daggers at Kimba who completely ignored her. 'Geez she's been much more sassy since the new familiar mastery update, what's gotten into her? don't tell me the update came with a behavior change as well... if it did, it went from bad to worse from my point of view.' she thought as she tried to figure out what her companion was doing.

1/3 turns to full HP

Hikoru just gave a small chuckle and sighed as his wife laid down next to him and sounded frustrated, or angry at what had happened. He just reached over and held her hand, rubbing his thumb over her smooth hands with a small smile on his face. His dagger was out of his hand, and he felt at peace. Not feeling like he needed to be afraid, that he could finally... relax. He felt amazing, like nothing would hurt him, and nothing would hurt Ariel, that she would be safe, if only for a moment. He gave a small smile and just kissed her hand

"No need for congratulations, being with you is rewarding enough..." He said with a small smile and a tinge of blush on his cheeks. He did his best to hide it but it ran from his cheeks to the very top of his head, and there was no way he could hide enough of it for her to not notice. He breathed and looked at the chairs, and realised that they were a bit too empty for his liking. He gave a small chuckle and opened his HUD.

"How about we invite a few people? I think it'd be fun to invite some of them to watch fight, they could even learn a thing or two." He said with a small chuckle and a sigh, hoping that she would agree with him, and that they wouldn't have to be alone with their familiars for much longer. He gave a small breath and looked down, petting his familiar with his free hand and scratching the bottom of his chin happily "And you did an amazing job, my little stitch..." He said happily, and the ferret gave a heartwarming lick on his cheek, nuzzling up to his neck affectionately and enjoying the comfort of his master and his warmth.

• 1 month later...

"I guess...." replied the blonde in a partially dissatisfied tone. She glanced at her HP bar that was slowly but steady filling itself up, changing color from yellow to green. She listened to Hikoru's suggestion about inviting some people around to watch them fight. "Knock yourself out, that was the intention anyway. I didn't get to participate much in it... But its true that people would get to learn something by watching. Is not everyday that a pair of front liners do PvP for sports, instead of trying to kill each other.

Her eyes drifted away from in front of them to his expression, noticing a light blush. She showed a sheepish smile and after he kissed her hand, she reached up and kissed his cheek. "I don't mind that much loosing but only to you. And don't let it get to your head, its because our builds are that different and incompatible. You should be more careful when fighting scouts and tanks."
Then she closed her eyes and let out a long exhale. "I shouldn't give you advice as the one that just lost but I can't help myself." she said with a smile.

2/3 post to full HP

Hikoru listened and was about to press the send button, but he stopped and put his HUD away. He wanted to spend time with her and her alone. Well, her, him, Kimba and Sutetchi. Thats about as alone as they can get in this game. He just gave a small smile and blushed more as she kissed his cheek. He smiled sheepishly and just chuckled, a small smile escaping his face. He missed getting to see her, the most that he had missed anyone in a long time. He gave her a small smile and kissed her nose lightly

"You know, I think I just want to spend time with you... Maybe go for a walk?" He asked quietly, and he just laughed as she said that he shouldn't take advice from a person that just lost, and he just looked at her with a wide grin "No need for that talk. Any advice from anyone is good. whether they win or lose. That's why I was happy to fight. I learned how to fight you, and I learned how to handle a person that used a two-handed spear. And you learned that i'm faster than I look." He said with a small laugh. He sighed "It never hurts to learn more, its the only way you can grow and become stronger..." He said, feeling all philisophical after he had said all of that.