[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

The High Field of Crossing

24-mUOUz2Y.jpg

It wasn't Rin's first day out in the field, although it was the first time she was asked by someone who seemed to care for her development to break out of her rather nervous shell. She was sitting in the fields, a great deal of tables chairs and a vast field now set for the general public to start venturing fourth and inviting themselves or even seeing the large message that was sent by the woman who set her up in this situation. The girl groaning weakly as she then sat down near the small pond as she wasn't really expecting to act as a hostess for large groups. She frankly hoped that the crowds avoided this little get together mostly due to the reasons that many would show up. It was after all both a dance competition as well as a tournament for those to practice or prove their own worth in combat. Rin just wanted to sit away from the fights and hide her face in the maid outfit. As she sat their by the pond she began to see a haze looming over the flowers, it all felt quite ominous with how they were looming over like it knew what was about to begin. Perhaps some would even use that environmental hazard to their advantage.

"I really just hope no one gets to carried away with all of this, I would hate to see any hurt feelings or pride when this is all said and done."

Rin sighed before now standing back up and pulling out a few glasses from her inventory and plates and forks. She only could hope that more chefs and the like would be willing to show up to help offer their catering services. She thought about texting a few people she met to host it if she wasn't so embarrassed.

Edited by Rin
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arc heard the word "tournament" and figured it was in his best interest to watch. Other potential frontliners- particularly the damage dealer sort- enjoyed friendly competition to fine tune their builds or decide on what path they wanted to take moving forward. While he wasn't a master of any weapon by any means, seeing how other DPS used their point spread might offer him some insight into his own decision-making. 

Arc's emphasis had been on speed, thus far. There was some strength in the Athletics mod, but it was mostly conditioning and strength training that involved the means to best utilize his range of motion and considerably unhindered physique.

Perhaps most interesting to the Mercenary was how the game toned his avatar up once the points had been allocated. Muscles rippled with his movements, and his skin was tighter than it had been initially. He felt stronger and quicker than he did in real life, and it almost made him want to take the NerveGear off immediately in order to replicate the effects.

He let his cloak fall down over his abdominal muscles as he approached the location that the person had specified. The <<High Fields of Crossing>> were a popular dating spot for couples, but the scenery was easily enjoyed by any player. He glanced out over the pristine waters and smiled softly. "Not a bad choice for it," he remarked as a cool breeze washed over him. "It's a nice change of pace from dungeons and deep mazes."

He saw a girl in a maid outfit, and Arc tilted his head. "What an... interesting choice of attire," he muttered to himself, still too far away to be heard. "She must be the hostess."

Arc raised a hand in silent greeting, his intention to show he meant no harm. "Hopefully there's a decent turnout..."

Itzal walked along the fields, enjoying the breeze and the peace and quiet.  He took in a deep breath, sighing as he smelled the fresh air.  It was good to get out and about every now and then.  He was wearing his Twilight Cloak:  A deep purple trench coat with a silver vest and dark brown pants.  It was something Ariel had made that kept him as warm as possible, which was exactly what he wanted.  His hands were deep in the cloak's pockets as he walked along the path.  Suddenly his eyes spotted something in the distance.  He used his search and detect skill to look farther until he could make out two figures.  He smiled.  He wondered if they were his friends or someone new, potential friends maybe.  He made his way over and as he did so, he recognized only one of them:  Rin.  He smiled at the two players and waved.

"Hey @Rin!  How are, you?"  He noticed the outfit Rin was wearing but he quickly forced himself not to think about it.  Rin could choose her own outfit and he had no right to judge.  "Who's your friend?"  he asked.  He walked up and greeted the player, his hand out for a handshake.  "Hi there!  I'm Itzal, nice to meet you!"  He turned to the two of them.  "So you guys just hanging out or is there something I'm missing.

Hakai watched as her maid in training, Rin, moved to finish setting the tables. She was looking forwards to when more people arrived, specifically the caterer that she had hired to bake some food for the event. She already had a stall area for the little girl to use, and she suspected that the child would mostly be serving cookies rather than traditional food. She had wanted to do this party/fighting competition in celebration of her own reaching tier two, however, she doubted that many would actually care about that, so she had left it out of the invitations that she had sent and out of the notification she had posted inviting anyone who saw it. She smirkedas two players approached and almost immediately went over to Rin, not seeing her. Rin was certainly a popular young woman for being so shy. She was glad that she had picked out the maid outfit for her friend. She continued to sit in a chair towards the outside of the tables and chairs that had been set up and to eye the time impatiently. Eyeing the time wasnt going to make it go by any faster, so she stood up and made her way over to the two new arrivals. "Welcome." She said with a smile. "I'm Hakai, and you already seem to know Rin." She said with a nod in Itzal's direction.

@Aikoh 

Aikoh wandered through the second floor to where she had been told to come. It was her first time catering in game, and, in fact, the first time she had catered in her entire life. She smiled as she found the field that the party would be taking place in and wandered over to a table that looked like it had been put there for food. She opened her inventory and placed down the first two items that she had brought for this event. A large platter of cookies of multiple different types, as well as a platter with a large pizza on it. She was really ecited to be doing this, and she hoped that she wouldnt mess up somehow. She looked around and saw four people standing around. One of themwas probably the person who had hired her. She opened her inventory again and placed a large punch bowl of lemonade down on the table next to the food and set up the cups next to it happily, humming to herself.

The most surprising thing I have ever done is the fact that I did not commit any sort of ultraviolence for one or two days. I did nothing but to sit, eat, drink and lie down in a Floor 2 inn I rented for days while questioning myself on what to do or why the hell I was wasting my time. My eyes were always blank, and even when I last forged a new shield yesterday, I did not really feel excited like i used to. The only reaction I could ome out of was a slight "Hm", then a nod. That is it.

..At this point I had enough of lying around and being in a downward spiral for whatever Aincradian deity knows how many hours, and I don my light plate armor, and holster my sword and tower shield. After a morning meal, I exit the town and wander around the High Field of Crossings. For some reason, I notice that the flowers and the grasses look more beautiful than ever, perhaps they are trying to cheer me up, or maybe something extraordinary happened during my absence.

As I walk towards a lake with flower beds around the area, I notice a group of three players, gathering around as if there is some sort of event or a tournament. I notice the open invitation and...well, I guess I will just join in despite being level six. 

I never really walk up to them even though I am in the setting of the event, all I could do is to stare at them, with my tower shield being raised up in front of me, which makes me look like a town guard.

In that moment she began to glance around the field, already a small group of people were approaching the area she gulped nervously now shaking her head as she mewled uncomfortably. She wasn't use to wearing anything with frills, her hands now reaching down to the short skirt of the uniform and yanking it down as if afraid it was going to reveal to much beneath. It wasn't at risk since the day hadn't been all that windy, it was a perfect day for it. The mist was blowing over, but that was most likely do to the morning atmosphere. Rin just felt the tremors taking over her body, she shook from head down to toe till she heard a familiar voice shout out her name. That was the most terrifying moment as she let out a soft squeak as she glanced back to see @Itzal. As she spun around she also noticed another man, @Arc who was now waving toward her she couldn't remember if she met him off the top of her head. She had already been on so many different adventures that she was starting to lose track of reality.

She silently waved back to both of them before glancing around hoping that the little girl who was bringing the appetizers, at least she thought they would be appetizers. Their she was now setting up cookies, pizzas and a punch bowl. At least they had someone bringing food perhaps she could now ask Itzal if any of the chefs from his guild could possibly bring more. As she stood she felt a small gust now forcing her skirt to the side, she winced and clamped her hand down upon the front and side that were facing people as it passed. 

"H-hello welcome to the dance and fighting competition I hope you both enjoy your stay here. I'm here to uh serve anything you want for now as I'm sorta acting as host I guess."

Rin gave a rather meek bow that had her completely hunched over in half till she heard another voice joining into their rather awkward conversation. It was Hakai, thankfully she didn't have to keep up speaking to much she would much prefer to listen to them discuss information. She mewled and waved back to Itzal now as she commented back. His questions made her flush as she now turned to Hakai hoping she would help her out as she didn't know what to say other than what was spewing from her lips.

"I'm fine I just was hoping to do something for the community after everything they have done this far. The frontliners all deserve a break from their fighting and well food is always good."

OOC- Until my thread where I'm grand mastering my sword skill is complete, the staff is allowing Ulises to remain

"The frontliners?"  Itzal had met one or two of them, including the strongest player in Aincrad:  Calrex, but it had been brief and he still didn't know the man very well.  Then he heard Rin announce what all of this was.  "Wait, dance?  I don't know how to-"  He stopped himself.  He had no idea how to dance, yes it was true, but he realized that he desperately needed to learn.  Maybe he could find someone who wouldn't mind giving him private lessons at some point.  He then heard how it was also a tournament and he chuckled meekly.  "Well, I doubt I'll get very far in the tournament, but I'll participate.  I'm more for scouting than anything else."  He then saw the woman Hakai and nodded back with a smile.  "Yeah, we met a while ago.  You a friend of hers?  I'm glad to see that she's meeting so many people."  He held his hand out for her to shake.  "I'm Itzal, Scout Paladin in the new guild Celestial Ascendants.  Nice to meet you!"  He stretched for a moment.  "So do you guys have a set time for the two competitions or are we winging it?  Either way I'm cool!"  Itzal chuckled before he heard Ulises speak in his head.  I want to fight in the tournament not a chance Ulises, not a chance.

Crimson eyes scoured the field of High Crossing, noting all the players currently in attendance.

A few players above level 25, and the rest below that. Hmm, surely it'd be unfair for me t join this 'tournament', mused the blonde as his face rested along crossed arms.

Sitting up, he placed a hand on the blade strapped to his back. Ea, the golden two handed weapon he had used ever since he had switched from rapier to two-handed straight sword, hadn't had any player action at all and the blade seemingly pulsed with that hunger. Sighing, he tugged on the handle, releasing it from its clip along his spine and planted it firmly in the ground before him before returning his attention to those below.

He noted a few players he had seen before or at the very least heard mention of. Itzal and Arc being the two he was familiar with; the ladies not so much. However, rather than engage them, he simply kept his distance for now. He would like to see how this 'tournament' progressed before stepping in.

Despite wanting to see the tournament, I never have any intentions of joining, for a low level player like me will likely lose at the early stages of the fights. I grab some snacks and sit down, munching away as I stare at the lake and the tournament ring. The ring appears to be a giant, white circle. There doesn't seem to be any sort of timer, so I figure that they would follow the ordinary 60 second duel as implemented in Aincrad. 

My tower shield is leaning at my left, protecting me from the shade of the sun. The weather isn't really hot, as cold breezes are present in this area. A few fishes are seen leaping from the waters in the lake, some fail miserably. 

I look around the fields and stare at these people discreetly, with my head peeking out from shield. None of them are familiar to me, and the only players I know so far are Esther and a healer named Jazz, whom I agreed to help her venture at the sands of Floor 5 and slay the Sand Shark. I haven't see her since we agreed to take the quest...perhaps she is busy.

...if only this tournament includes jousting, I would have joined as it is one of my favorite forms of medieval tournament. Sadly, as far as I know, mounts aren't really available in Aincrad. So lances will be as useless as a tall flag pole...

I briefly glance at the hostess of this event, who is wearing fancy clothes with frills. The frills's appearance are over the top to my standards, but otherwise it is still pleasing to the eye.

..does anyone even have a shield with them? ..am I the only swordsman to wield a tower shield?

Walking along a trail that led to the High Fields of Crossing, the bluenette hummed a quiet tune. She'd read a curious announcement advertising a dance contest and sparring tournament, and although she wasn't prepared nor interested in taking part herself, she thought it would be nice to journey up to the second floor and check the event out for herself. Besides, if there were some familiar faces present then she wouldn't feel like a total outsider, and meeting new people was always a possibility.

She spotted a small gathering of players in the distance - four or five of them at least, it was too hard to tell from how far away she was. "At least it's not a ghost town," Birdie murmured. There didn't seem to be much going on other than a few of the figures talking amongst themselves, and the chances of recognising anybody in the crowd would be hugely slum until she got a move on.

Most players looked to be engaged with one another, though one seemed to be standing apart from the others. A lone guardsman-looking character totting a large shield, he seemed to be observing them yet keeping his distance. Taking a breath, she approached him from the side and spoke in a soft voice. "H-hey, are you here for the tournament?" She glanced to the rest of his attire, If he's here for the dance contest, this'll be.. interesting.

Edited by Birdie

The maid, who identified herself as Rin, welcomed them and Arc gave a respectful, slight bow. A man came closer to the Mercenary and extended his hand, then introduced himself as Itzal. "Arc," he returned the gesture with a brief shake. "And no," he added, "I've never met her before now."

That the man assumed he was romantically involved with the girl was amusing to be sure, but also somewhat embarrasing for Rin, no doubt. Arc folded his arms and faded into the backdrop of the conversation, one of his many talents born of social ineptitude. He listened to another woman interact with Itzal, who in turn identified himself as some member or another of a guild.

Arc never took the time to keep track of all the guilds in Aincrad. He had never joined one himself, nor was he particularly interested in doing so. There were others present, including...

"Oikawa," Arc murmured as he saw the man above. That was interesting. He had not seen the blacksmith in some time, but the more curious notion was a miscolored cursor that loomed over his acquaintance's head. He must have had to attack someone. Life gets pretty crazy on those frontlines, I guess.

He hammered out a quick message.

To Oikawa

Hey man, long time no see. Didja decide to take a few levels in "brooding over the lowbies," or are you just happening by?

Once he hit send, the mercenary turned his attention back to the group. He didn't want to bring unwanted attention to the higher level player, especially since he hadn't deigned to join them yet.

He listened to them speaking about the tournament and dancing, the second of which made him wholly uncomfortable. "I'm just here to watch the fighting," he murmured discontentedly.

Edited by Arc

Beatbox had yawned, he was wanting to catch up on some of his daily sleep at the High Fields of Crossing, however on his way there he had noticed that there was a group of people already forming at this location. "Another Party huh...?" he thought to himself "Well... since I am already here, I might as well be a part of the party..". He had looked around to see if there was any familiar faces around and he saw that Itzal and Birdie were here. However, there were faces that he hadn't seen before... he had heard that there was going to be a Fighting Tournament... however he didn't feel like he would be strong enough to participate in so he figured to stay here and see how the tournament would end up. "Hey @Birdie, how's the singing been?" he said with a giggle. He looked over to Itzal and said "Hey @Itzal, its been a while.. how's it been going?" he said with a smile he had looked around to the other players and saw that one had a shield, which is kind of uncommon to see, but its always refreshing to see something new. He also noticed that Arc was here, he gave him a salute and a smile.

i have never been to a sub-dungeon before, and I often wonder how one would look like in Aincrad. There are several stories from dungeon crawlers that often describe how weird the entrances of sub-dungeons are, as most of them are, according to these people, in the shapes of monstrous heads with their gaping mounts serve as the entrances. Additionally, I also heard that the monsters inside these sub-dungeons will be based on the heads of the entrances. A skeleton head equals to skeleton monsters, a tiger head equals to big cat monsters, and so on.

The descriptions of the sub dungeons remind me of my first adventure in the video gaming culture, Legend of Zelda...I...

...I hear a soft, feminine voice besides me, and the voice sounds so clear that I am snapped back to reality. I turn my head to the side to see a bluenette-haired girl, sporting a rather nice outfit or armor..I cannot even tell. The fact that I am the only one to have my tower shield equipped seems to have attracted her attention. I listen to her question, and think of an answer for two seconds before responding.

"...I am the spectator, and no, nobody would ever dance in heavy armor." @Birdie

This is the first time that someone actually comes up to me for a conversation, and I am quite surprised at this moment.

Edited by Gotz

It didn't take long for the news to reach Seul's about a tournament and dance taking place on the second floor and of course he had to make an appearance at such an event. He had stepped into the arena a few times in the past and although most of his fights didn't exactly end in a favorable way, he still enjoyed the organized PvP encounters the game offered from time to time. On top off that his level had risen quite a bit since the last time he fought someone so seeing how he did now was something that interested him.

By the time the knight arrived at the clearing a few other players had already joined in the festivities... Though no one really seemed to be doing anything other than talking. Where was the fighting and the dancing? Was he even in the right place? After a brief, internal debate over whether or not he should have stayed he simply decided to wait around at one of the many tables in the field until things actually started up. The thought of him actually being early for once was quite shocking and part of him wished there was a way to take a picture so that he wouldn't forget what was probably the first (and last) time he was on time for an event.

A stray voice called Birdie's name out, causing her to twist and turn on the spot in confusion. She smiled upon finally spotting the player, giving a slight nod in answer of his question. "Hey @Beatbox! It's been going well, thanks. Still needs a lot of work but it's like you said, 'practice'." Considering something, she asked him "What brings you here? Are you entering the contests?"

That's when the man dressed in heavy metal armour spoke up for the first time, and Birdie turned around to face him. "Hmm, not with that attitude they wont." A light smile came upon the girl's lips, hoping that her words hadn't come across to him as negative. "I understand- that's what I plan to do too. I'd probably trip and fall over my feet if I got involved; for both contests that is." She sighed lightheartedly.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Birdie, I run a shop on the first floor called 'Bluebird Workshop' - you.. probably haven't heard of it before." She held the palm of her hand up to the man, opting for a handshake if he accepted.

She caught the back of a familiar face moving away from the main group. 'Is that... Arc?' she thought to herself, reluctantly jerking her eyes away as she looked to @Gotz once more. 

Edited by Birdie

@Birdie seems to be a fitting name for her, due to the fact that she not only dons light armor, but her rapier attacks could be comparable to a bird attacking viciously with its sharp, pointy beak. Seeing her handshake gesture as a sign of good ol acquaintance, I gently grab her hand and shake her hand firmly, before looking back at the lake, for I rather look somewhere else than being embarrassed in front of the opposite sex. The butterflies would flutter in my stomach sometimes, and although it isn't a major problem, it would break my stoic and violent character and thus reveal my 'weak' side.

"I am Gotz, and I run my own armory called Swordaria," I speak to Birdie. "Even though I never really had any customers and I made several errors, Swordaria is my sanctuary...the place to channel my inner peace through blacksmithing...the sparks...I love the sparks so much."

I am aware that I am already sounding like a delusional person, but there is really nothing else I can say except for my hobby...talking to her about my love for ultraviolence would shock her, so I keep my mouth shut and focus on the beautiful waters of the lake.

Edited by Gotz

Beatbox waved and smiled to see Birdie here and hear about her singing and how she's been practicing "All it takes is a bit of practice Birdie! And I am glad to hear that you have at least been practicing your singing! And no I am not here to participate in the tournament, I am not high enough leveled or have the greatest stats for that.." he said as he scratched his head. He had heard the player tell her that there wouldn't be dancing in heavy armor and his name. "Well... Gotz, I am sure that anyone could dance in heavy armor if they tried hard enough." he said with a giggle. He looked back at Birdie and said "At first I came here to catch up on my rest... but then I saw all the different players here and I thought another party was going on at this time, but instead of walking away to find a new place to rest, I decided to join." he said with a yawn. 

It was always a grand time when a tournament was announced.  People would flock from wherever they resided to the floor that it took place on.  From the inquisitive merchants, to the boastful adventurers, all would be found there.  Though, the announcement also told of a mixing of events, where dancing and battle would occur at possibly the same time.  It would be something to see, and so the hunter decided to take the day off from hunting and spend some time to relax.

When he arrived, he was surprised by the number of people there; very little.  The hunter wondered if he was in the right place, but the notification board explicitly said that it was in the Field of Crossing.  The Jade Hunter would shrug before looking out to see a few familiar faces, one of which being his guild mate.  He stood over to the table that Seul was sitting at, and planted an armored hand upon his shoulder.

"I figured I'd find one of the knights here.  It looks like we're fairly early for the event, if anything."

Edited by Hirru

For the time being, Opal remained incognito. She was dressed in her vanity starting armor, followed by a lengthy cloak that covered most of her body. Her face and eyes were disguised with a hood. But to make sure her pretty little face could not be seen, the woman too wore a plain white mask that covered up her features. She had not expected herself to be here, but she was curious about this tournament. Being sent out by a low level player, but she wondered what kind of players would actually show up. Thanks to Myoga, Opal knew how to blend into a crowd of people and get lost in the sea of their faces. She was rather good at that, also learning in great depths of being a Geisha. The woman's attention was not only turned to combat but a dance competition as well. She smiled under her mask, however she knew this wardrobe would soon be lifted and her real identity would soon be known to the masses. 

However, she would for the time being attempt to stay as an enigma to the rest of the masses. Her booted feet moved along the grassy knoll as she set forth from her destination and finding this area was not quite difficult. She saw a young girl setting up a punch bowl and some cups. Opal sighed, it would be hard to drink with this mask on. She decided to make her pleasantries short and gathered a cup and the ladle to pour herself some of the drink. Opal merely bowed to the young girl @Aikoh before turning her back and lifting her mask part ways revealing part of her Geisha make up. She drank from the contents and slipped the mask and heavy hood back down before allowing the cool breeze to return once more, billowing the heavy cloak. 

She wondered if there would be a set order to this tournament or if she should start randomly challenging players? 

--

Notes: Opal is disguised in heavy garb as to not cause a ruckus for right now. No Godmodding, no metagaming, no attempting to break IC because of ooc reasons. Feel free to RP with me though! I will also be accepting any challenges.  Opal will not be using her regular equipment. 

Stats: Level 55 || HP: 1,100 || Energy: 110 || Tier 3 
Dmg:+8/+10**  || Light Mom: +1 || Acc: 0  || Mit: + 12 ||
Eva: +3 || Savvy: +2  || Bleed: 
Deals (24) Dmg on Roll 8-10  

Tournament Equipment Kusanagi: +2 Bleed [T2] Katana ||  Black Leather Jacket [+2 Savvy, +1 Eva]  ||   Panoply of the Blood Oath [+2 Eva, +1 Lght Mom] || Vanity Light Armor [Hood and Cloak]: +12 Mit
Skills:  || Disguise || Rnk 5: Katana: [+7 Dmg] ||  Rnk 2: Charge: [+2 Dmg] ** || Parry ||
Passive Skills: Survival: [+6 out of combat regen HP||  || Rnk 5: Sneak & Hide: [+11 Stealth- Base [10]]
Rnk 4: Search&Detect: [+4 LD] || Rnk 2: Battle Healing [12]% CD+6
Rnk 3: Light Armor [+12 Mit]
Mods: Surprise Attack: +1 Dmg- Can not Miss/ Must be in stealth for a full turn
Reveal: +2 LD on Dungeon Rolls
Justified Reposte: When an opponent successfully attacks you while you parry, stun them for one turn. The stun has a 3 turn cool down.

Edited by Opal