[SP-F3] Elvish Tales <<Elvish Rivalries>> [Complete]

Elvish Tales

The ever growing information broker society had unearthed yet another quest line, and this one seemed like it could become something big.  The third floor has erupted into chaos.  Two factions war against each other for supremacy of the third floor.  It didn't help that they were evenly matched with the elves controlling the prairies and towns, and the treants controlling the Forest of Wavering Mists, where the floor dungeon and many other quests reside.  It would be a problem, if the quest started to spill over into the actual workings of the floor, so the representatives of each faction have begun searching for champions to fight the opposing force.

That was how I found myself in front of a squadron of elves, whom were out looking for adventurers to help them against the cursed tree menace.  Frankly, I didn't care at first, but after thinking about the ramifications that could happen, I decided to take them up on their offer.  Apparently, they were willing to reward me handsomely, but I doubted that.

Edited by Hirru
  • 1 month later...

It didn't take me long to find my way into the mountain pass that blocked the Forest of the Wavering Mists in the south, and the plains in the north.  One could easily see that the two factions had been battling here for some time now.  Broken blades and withered leaves covered much of the mountain pass, and it would not end there.  At each end of the mountain pass, there were apparent blockades that each faction controlled.  I had only just passed by the elf blockade.  

The silver armored warriors seemed to be vigilante against any movement from the divide.  One of them spoke to me, though he did not look at me.  He warned me about the dangers ahead.  After relieving them to my true nature and quest, they allowed him to continue into the pass.  It would take a bit to get to the other side, so I would hum myself a little tune.

The walk wasn't that long, but it was enough to get through the medley that was in my head.  I wondered where I heard it from, but the thought process would be broke by a spear like object that had suddenly planted itself into the ground a meter or so from my current position.  Looking up, I could see that I was nearing the watchtower of the treants, which held two of the tree based creatures standing guard.  One had a boulder at the ready, while the other was getting one of its own.  The one that was already at the ready was the first to speak.

"Halt son of man!  You can go no farther into the Treant Kingdom!"

"I assume that you're not going to be very diplomatic about this, then."

"You speak too much, son of man.  Leave this place at once!"

"I figured.."

I said in a low tone before disappearing from their sights.  In an instant, the boulder carrying treant that had spoken out to me shattered and splintered before turning into light.  The other didn't know what to process about it.  For me, it was only a quick jump in the air into a sharp stab downwards into the treant.  Though, maybe I was a bit over leveled for the area.

"Don't worry.."

[ID: 70440]
[BD: 10]  Crit +2
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 14x8= 112-30 = 82 dmg
[MD: 2] Miss

Hirru - [760 / 760 hp || 68 / 76 EN] (-8 en)

Treant Soldier - [0 / 65 hp] (-82 hp)
Treant Soldier - [65 / 65 hp | Mit 30 | Dmg 15]

Edited by Hirru

"..you'll be joining your kinsman soon, Tre...!"

Before I could finish my sentence, I felt something hit me hard in the face.  The force of it pushed me back a bit, while forcing my neck back a bit.  Other than that, though, it did nothing but a scratch of health against me.  Craning my neck back into its proper position, I noticed that the thing that hit me was the boulder that the other treant was readying as I killed his fellow guardsman.  The bloody living tree took a pot shot at me while I was talking.  Maybe it saw the opportunity to end me right then and there, or it was probably scared by me destroying his kinsman, in a single hit.  I sighed before glaring at it, as it was getting another boulder from the rockside.  I would have to put a stop to this ridiculous rebellion, before any more elves or players were stopped and assaulted like this.

[ID: 70444]
[BD: 1] Miss
[Sword Art: - ]
[MD: 10] Crit +2 (17-61= 1 dmg)

Hirru - [759 / 760 hp || 67 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -2 en, -1 hp)

Treant Soldier - [65 / 65 hp | Mit 30 | Dmg 15]

Edited by Hirru

It didn't take very long for it to fall as his brother had before it.  Another jumping twist into the air, and I planted my sword into the bark armor with the force of a lightning bolt.  The steel would break through bark and bite into the inner being.  The treant made a loud creaking sound before becoming silent, and erupting into thousands of light crystals.  Dropping back down to the ground, I made sure that the area was devoid of anything else that could sneak up on me.  Not that a tree could sneak up on someone without a forest to mingle in.  Though, that would soon become the problem once I walk into the Forest of Wavering Mist.

"Well, I better fly through this quest quickly.  I don't know when the next attack will be.  Nor will I know who will get attacked next."

With that, I walk past the treant checkpoint into their territory.

[ID: 70554]
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 12x8= 96-30= 66 dmg
[MD: 3-1] Miss

Hirru - [759 / 760 hp || 60 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -8 en)

Treant Soldier - [0 / 65 hp | Mit 30 | Dmg 15] (-66 hp)

Edited by Hirru
  • 1 month later...

The treant's territory, or otherwise known by the more well known and recognized name, The Forest of Wavering Mist.  There wasn't much to be said that have already been said about this place.  The forest that made up the entirety of the south end of the third floor was a mysterious place that hid many damnable things under its canopy.  This place had a very unique quality that it didn't share with any known floor to date: a mist that blocked all communication in and out of the area.  Once you were in, unless you had a good knowledge of the land, you were not getting out so easily.  The portable map was filled with static with only minor landmarks to show where you needed to go.  So, the only thing that you could depend on was a good guide, or your own memory.  Thankfully, I had a knack for both.

"Well, lets see where the treants have made their camp.."

[ID: 72343]
[LD: 9+3] Nothing
[Concentration - 4 turns]

Edited by Hirru
  • 6 months later...

Taking my time to move through the thick fog and underbrush that would hamper my expedition, I seemed to be getting closer to a possible place that I could observe the patrols of the treants through the area.  Some of their tracks were left behind from their last pass around the area, so I could count on them coming through here again soon.  This way, I would be able to follow the enemy to their hideout instead of looking through this mist filled maze, and have them ambush me instead.  I was not going to let that happen any time soon, but with an entire forest where a living tree could be hiding as one of the foliage; I had to keep an eye constantly on anything suspicious.  Heck, the trees may already be relaying his position to the enemy.  

"Man, I can't wait to be as strong as the others."

[Concentration - 3 turns]
[OOC - 2/3 EN regen]

Climbing into a nearby tree, I had a bit of trouble due to my heavy armor build, but this armor was keeping me alive.  Especially after some of the things that I had seen, and some of the things that I had yet to see.  The mobs were getting stronger, or so that I could tell from the few mobs that I encountered on the other floors.  Some of them may even be able to one shot me, if I wasn't careful.  Thankfully, I have been able to learn from the many battles that I have been through, but they only help me through survival.  Sure that is a good thing, but none of it so far have done anything for me with my memories.  The only thing that did anything was the Gemini, and he seemed to be egging me on about me being a killer?  What did it mean by that?  Did he really know about me from the other side?  I highly doubt it.

[Concentration - 2 turns]
[OOC - 3/3 EN regen] Full EN

Edited by Hirru

Some time passed while I was up in the tree and I started to think that the treant patrol wouldn't be coming around at all, but as my eyes began to droop I heard the thudding of something big prowling the forest.  Shaking myself out of it, I looked on to find that some birds were flying away from something that was rustling the treetops and it was coming closer.  Keeping still as long as possible, I tried to stay in stealth, but that wasn't my forte.  I remembered that Lowenthal and Hikoru were much better at this than I was, but they were built that way; I was clunky for a reason.  Of course, when the patrol came closer, I could see that the enemy coming through.  Three of them, to be exact.  I could take them all out, but I need one of them to run for me to follow them.  Needless to say, I only needed one.

[ID: 86042]
[BD: 6+2=8]  Hit
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 12x8= 96-30 = 66 dmg
[MD: 4-1=3] Miss

Hirru - [760 / 760 hp || 68 / 76 EN] (-8 en)

Treant Soldier - [0 / 65 hp] (-66 hp)

Edited by Hirru

"What the?!"

"Intruder!  Warn the King!"

The treants were stunned for only a few seconds before one of them ordered the other to run and warn the others of their group to beware of new threat to their forest.  Their forest would become the next blood bath, if trees even had blood.  Some of that knowledge and the information about a king was quite promising.

"Warn the King, you say?"

I said aloud to provoke the one that stayed behind.  My blade had already slain one of his brethren and it looked like it wanted to keep itself and the others of its kingdom from sharing the same fate.  Of course, I have other plans towards that simple goal.  That was for me to know and him to find out.

"I won't let you near our kingdom, child of man!"

"Whoa, now!  I have a name."

"You won't need a name when your grave is swamped by the very mist."

[ID: 86043]
[BD: 2+2=4] Miss
[Sword Art: - ]
[MD: 10] Crit +2 (17-61= 1 dmg)

Hirru - [759 / 760 hp || 67 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -2 en, -1 hp)

Edited by Hirru

"Ow.."

I look at the little pinprick of a slash that the treant's lance like branches would cause me, but my health didn't seem to budge at all.  The hunter would have to give many more thanks to Capt. Mac for the excellent armor that was doing him wonders.  The issuance of a sound was only for intimidation.  He was going to be on the front lines soon, so he needed to work on his form and persona.  Something that was redeemable by his guild and everyone else on the front lines.

"That sort of hurt.."

"There is more of that for you at the end of my deadly arms."

"I'm sure there are plenty of things that I have to worry about more than those puny things."

"What did you say?!"

"I said that your weapons do nothing to me, bark for brain!"

I said before wiping him off the map.

[ID: 86044]
[BD: 3+2+1] Hit (Concentration 5 turns)
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 12x8= 96-30= 66 dmg
[MD: 6-1=5] Miss

Hirru - [759 / 760 hp || 60 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -8 en)

Treant Soldier - [0 / 65 hp | Mit 30 | Dmg 15] (-66 hp)

Edited by Hirru

With the last of that patrol left to follow, the tracks would be easy enough to follow to their lair.  It seemed that they were really taking up residence in the largest structure in the Forest of Wavering Mist, a giant tree that seemed to soar into the air and touch the very top of the third floor and touch the fourth floor.  Of course, that would be impossible, but the size of it was still evident by the feeling of overwhelming that I felt while looking upon such splendor.  It was quite breathtaking, to say the least.  That being said, the surrounding area was much more beautiful than I thought.  This was the homeland of the elves, if I could recall correctly.  Why did they have to war against the treants?  This area seemed big enough for the two tribes, but it wasn't his decision to say otherwise.

"Halt, child of man!"

"This again... I have no time for.. huh?"

[ID: 86045]
[Sword Art: Shadow Explosion] 12x9 = 108 AOE dmg
[MD: 8-1=7] Hit (15-61 = 1x2 = 2 dmg)  (20-61 = 1 dmg)

Hirru - [756 / 760 hp || 43 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -18 en, -3 hp)

Treant Soldier - [0 / 65 hp] (108 - 30 = 78 dmg to Soldier)
Treant Soldier - [0 / 65 hp | Mit 30 | Dmg 15] (108 - 30 = 78 dmg to Soldier)
Treant Commander - [47 / 100 hp | Mit 55 | Dmg 20] (108 - 55 = 53 dmg to Commander)

Edited by Hirru

My last attack had sliced through the two gate guards, but the one that had blocked most of the damage seemed to be grinning at me, even though half of its health was gone.  It looked at me through impressively angry eyes that showed their knowledge of the art of war.  The bark that seemed to be better than all of the others that I had taken out before this point, and it showed the many scars that years of battle would garner.  This treant was a veteran and probably their military leader, if he had to venture from the grizzled state of it.

"You are quite the warrior, son of man, but I won't let you get to the king."

"I'm sorry, but I must pass through here.  I didn't want this, as much as you did not want your troops to perish either."

"The time for words have long since past, son of man."

"You're right."

[ID: 86046]
[BD: 1]  Miss
[Sword Art: -]
[MD: 1-1=1] Miss

Hirru - [756 / 760 hp || 42 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -2 en)

Treant Commander - [47 / 100 hp | Mit 55 | Dmg 20]

Edited by Hirru

Our blades collided against each other, but the both of us seemed to be equally pushing the other without much trouble.  The ashen birch of the grizzled old treant veteran seemed to chip away from just them colliding against each others attacks.  Neither of us giving an inch to the other, but that would have to end soon.  The treant was already in the yellow of his health bar from one attack, and one more could easily silence the war torn veteran once and for all.  It would be a battle worth dying for, as it was for the honor of his tribe and himself.  I won't let him down with anything easy.  Though, a warrior can't die with nothing to show for it.  A man needs a name to remember for their exploits.

"Do you mind, if I, Hirru, may have your name?"

"Commander Entroth, leader of his majesties elite!"

"Thank you.."

I said as the two of us cleaved one another, but the damage to me was not the same as the damage that would end the life of Entroth.

[ID: 86047]
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 12x11= 132-55 mit = 77 dmg
[MD: 7-1=6] Hit, (20-61= 1 dmg)

Hirru - [755 / 760 hp || 32 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -11 en, -1 hp)

Treant Commander - [0 / 100 hp | Mit 55 | Dmg 20] (-77 hp)

Edited by Hirru

When the grizzled treant commander, Entroth, became more shards of light for the moon mother to gather.  I gave a short prayer for the warriors that I had slain, including one for Entroth, to keep my word of remembering all that had a name.  There were many that I had to remember for the sake of those that have lost their lives in the heat of battle.  Lindow and Azide were two of those names that I had to bring back with me to the other side, if I could ever get to the other side.  I want to bring everyone's stories with me to the other world that everyone talks about, but say that it is taboo.  I want to be the one that tells the stories of their lives to those that await them on their side.  I heard long ago that this world was a prison of sorts and I've seen the results.  People on the first floor cowering in fear while the rest of us push onward in a never ending fight to escape this place.  Is it all worth it?

[OOC - 1/3 EN regen]
[Concentration - 1 turn]

That being said, I still don't know what is on the other side for me.  The memories that I've seen from my other life haven't been too clear about it.  Some parts of what could be my family are there, but that was about the only thing that was warm or comforting.  Everything else that came up was really loud, while also giving a sense of anxiety.  It was like I was expecting something to happen when it never did.  What was I doing in my former life that was making me paranoid over the slightest sign of movement?  I couldn't figure it out, but sometimes I think that Mack would know.  If I knew where the big lug was, I would ask him about it, but that wasn't going to happen any time soon.  Mack had been missing for the longest time, but everyone knew that he was still alive; his name wasn't scratched out just yet.  Heck, I don't think anything could kill their grand Vice Commander.  Hopefully, Lowe could work well in his place.

[OOC - 2/3 EN regen]

Going into that, I wanted nothing more than to be useful to the guild as a whole.  Sure, I'm one of only two scout type players that the guild had, but Capt. Mac wasn't much of a team player and always did things solo.  It wasn't much towards him, but that was how he was, as he is also one of the strongest of the Knights of the Blood Oath.  At least, he would be from all the solo hunting that he did.  The guild hall was mostly funded by all of his exploits through the floors above here.  It was a feat that I wanted to emulate soon.  Soon, I would be one of the front liners like Mack, Lowe, Mac, and the betrayer Opal.  I shook the resulting anger from the thought of her actions before they could take control of me.  I was not going to be like her.  I was going to take my life in my own hands, and help everyone else in the process.

[OOC - 3/3 EN regen] EN Full

All of this thought process would culminate as I walked into the sacred land of the elves and treants.  I was coming close to ending my objective for this hunt, and the subject of this hunt was in front of me.  A large treant that sate on a root that protruded from the base of the giant tree that seemed to give life to everything else around it.  The treant seemed to have an air of nobility and regal to him that this could only be the Treant King, the final obstacle in this quest, it seemed.  The king wore a large cape that seemed to be made of several long leaves that appear to emerge from his very being.  He looked upon me with disdain.

"Son of man!  You have come in the stead of the elves, who can not even finish their own fight?  You disgrace your own actions, young one."

"My apologies, your majesty.  I am only a simple mercenary, but I do my job well."

[ID: 86048]
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 12x11= 132-75 mit = 57 dmg

Hirru - [760 / 760 hp || 65 / 76 EN] (-11 en)

Treant King - [93 / 150 hp | Mit 75 | Dmg 25] (-57 hp)

Edited by Hirru

I started the assault without letting this king have an action, which was good for me as that meant that this fight would be ending faster than I could ever hope for.  Unfortunately, it seemed that this thing had more protection than even the commander of his legion, Entroth.  His health was still in the green, even through that heavy strike.  This was supposed to be an easy mission, and it was showing, however, this boss should have been dead from the first strike.  I still needed more training to get to the level of the other knights, but I already promised that I would be apart of the upcoming fight, so I had to help them no matter my strength.

"Why do you fight against us, son of man?  I'm sure that our boon could serve you better than whatever the elves have promised you."

"They promise riches, but I'm no fool.  I know when I'm getting duped out of a deal."

"Then come to our side!"

"I'll pass, as I know you'll do the same."

[ID: 86049]
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 12x11= 132-75 mit = 57 dmg

Hirru - [760 / 760 hp || 55 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -11 en)

Treant King - [36 / 150 hp | Mit 75 | Dmg 25] (-57 hp)

Edited by Hirru

He seemed to be cowering as I blast the rest of his health past the yellow and into the red.  Never have I seen something so impossibly pathetic before in my life.  He was on his knees, or what could be called knees from what I could tell, and seeming to beg to me for his life.  I have to say that out of all of the mobs that I have fought, this was the first to show any kind of desire to live.  All of them, so far, have fought to their final breathe, including the grizzled old commander of the treant forces.  No, this 'king' was nothing like those warriors that laid their lives down for this sorry excuse of a being.

"Please, spare me!"

"Are you serious?  Your men die with honor, and you do nothing but grovel at my feet?  Do you have no shame?  Stand as a king!"

[ID: 86050]
[BD: 2+2=4] Miss
[Sword Art: -]
[MD: 5-1=4] Miss

Hirru - [760 / 760 hp || 54 / 76 EN] (+1 en, -2 en)

Treant King - [36 / 150 hp | Mit 75 | Dmg 25]

Edited by Hirru