[PP-F4] Reunions and new Friends <Itzal, Calrex, Teayre> <<The Knight's KIng>>

“The Night’s King.” Teayre mutters quietly to herself as she watches Itzal heed her command and proceed to stun the boss. A loud bellowing came from her left, she turned looking at Calrex her eyes narrowing. “I was tanking... Guess it shows what he thinks.” Turning away from him with a slight huff Teayre shudders from the cold permeating her body. The frozen aura, weakening her blows, she laughed. More in frustration than joy, the red head knew that this fight would be tough. After all she had tried to solo it once before.  Her crimson eyes trailed on the black haired boy, he was good. He was honest. The sound of her husband’s voice lowered. She raised an eye brow at him, gesturing obviously towards Itzal and said a single word. “Badge”. Without waiting for a response Teayre through a small Onyx badge towards her husband, a small smile on her face before she turned and began striking the boss in quick succession. Taking a step back she could see the rippling muscles straining against the strength of Itzal’s stun.

ID: 72670 BD: 11 (7 + 4 ACC) CD: 6 LD: 14 (11 + 3 LD) MD: 9 (Nat) - Stunned

Fell Crescent: (12 + 1 Ferocity Mod)*11 = 143 – 50 = 93 DMG | 11 Energy Used

Night’s King: 127/450 (Updated to reflect Itzal’s damage)

Hate: 4 | Teayre: 887/1085 EN: 67/106  
Hate: 1 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 55/84
Hate: 6 | Calrex: 1412/1540 EN: 137/154

@Itzal

Edited by Teayre

Foregoing Action

Itzal watched as Calrex used howl to gain the paralyzed boss's attention.  Teayre laughed an odd laugh.  Not from joy or amusement, but from frustration it seemed.  He started thinking as to how that might be then he recalled the damage reduction she had mentioned.  And she was known for dealing the most damage in Aincrad for a time.  After she had struck the boss, which Itzal was still very impressed despite the damage reduction, she tossed something to Calrex with a smile but he couldn't see what it was she had tossed.  Either way the boss was getting back up and Itzal knew he couldn't use a second stun against it.  The only other powerful sword art he could use until he ranked martial arts up to rank 3 was an AoE which drained his health very fast and he couldn't risk using it.  So for the moment, until he saw a clear opening, he'd refrain from attacking.  If he had the chance however, he would take it and land a bleed effect on the frozen king.

ID#  72677  BD:  2

Night’s King: 127/450 (Updated to reflect Itzal’s damage)

Hate: 1 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 56/84
Hate: 6 | @Calrex1412/1540 EN: 137/154

Edited by Itzal

ID: 72706
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (-_-U)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 138 Remaining)

As another opening appeared for Calrex to attack he stepped forward, but something was definitely not right about the area. Of course there was the environmental effect which reduces the entire party's damage, but it almost seemed like something else was specifically targeting him. His avatar's muscles didn't even want to move.

"What the heck?" The bluenette looked down at his striking arm with confusion for a second before shaking his head, "I wonder if it's because I'm the highest level of the group, so the game is trying to balance by the fight by prevent me from acting."

Clenching and opening his right fist a few times to confirm that he was back in control he gave a calming breath before looking back forward, awaiting the next opportunity he could act.

"Course with Teayre and Itzal's damage I might not even be able to do so before it goes down."

Night’s King: 127/450

Hate: 6 | Calrex: 1412/1540 EN: 138/154

• 2 weeks later...

Both Itzal and Calrex didn’t move Teayre’s fingers gripped tighter around her blade. “What are you two waiting for?” She snaps at them before moving quickly. Deftly. Her blade cut deep into the boss, elven times before she stopped. She parried a blow from the boss that was striking towards her husband. “For crying out loud!” Her hair flew out from around her as she began to exchange a sequence of blows with the boss. “KILL IT!” Her muscles tensed after each strike her own blade barely able to contain the boss. She was sent flying back after a strong attack caught her. Her chest rose and fell deeply as she watched from her knees the boss advancing on her husband. “Don’t you dare.” The girl muttered unable to rise from her crouch. The frozen blade swept down towards her husband and Teayre couldn’t do anything but close her eyes and look away.

ID: 75651 BD: 10 (6 + 4 ACC) CD: 5 LD: 16 (13 + 3 LD) MD: 3

Legion Destroyer: (12 + 1 Ferocity Mod)*11 = 143 – 50 = 93 DMG | 11 Energy Used

Night’s King: 34/450

Hate: 4 | Teayre: 887/1085 EN: 57/106  
Hate: 6 | Calrex: 1412/1540 EN: 138/154

@Itzal

(Sorry it's taken so long)

@Calrex No more bootcamp come on :P

Edited by Teayre
  • 4 weeks later...

When Teayre shouted and scolded at the two, he felt that although she could have been much more gentle in the manner she informed them, Itzal could be doing more.  If Itzal tried hard enough he could probably bypass the king's defenses anyways and deal that.  Minimal.  One..  Damage.  Still, one was better than nothing.  Itzal saw the boss strike at Teayre and he noted that she couldn't attack.  The boss then marched over to Calrex.  Itzal wouldn't allow it.  So long as he had a chance he would never allow his friends to be harmed.  Itzal charged forward, the icy blue sword raised towards the frozen king.  The king seemed to notice the sword art charging up on his blade as he approached and tried to dodge the attack.  Itzal however wouldn't be fooled that easily.  He released Nova Ascension on the king once again, stunning him a second time.  The king roared before his body froze up.  He nodded to Calrex.  "I got your back."  After that he nodded to Teayre, then back up for Calrex and Teayre to hit the boss.

ID#  72610  BD:  5+2=7  CD:  7

Nova Ascension  <8*9-50=22 dmg  - 12 energy  -  target stunned>

Night’s King: 12/450

Hate: 1 | Itzal: 840/840 EN: 55/84
Hate: 3 | @Calrex1412/1540 EN: 137/154

Edited by Itzal
  • 4 weeks later...

ID: 77978
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Pretty sure the dice roller is giving me the middle finger for this thread)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 137 Remaining)

"Gh...come on..."

Calrex could hear the voices of Itzal and Teayre telling him to finish it, it was almost like his didn't want to respond. Just like the last time his attempt to move forward or strike at the quest boss was met in vain. If one were looking from afar, it looked like some invisible force was holding the bluenette back, his strikes being pulled like there was a rubber strap attached to his elbow behind him. His brows furrowed as he gave a  final attempt at punching, his face coming half a foot away from the creature's face before snapping back, "Tch...someone or something's playing puppet with my avatar."

Seeing the <<Night's King>> about to strike he had just enough time to lower his stance, his forearms glowing with his <<Parry>> skill, "Alright fine, keep me from attacking. I've got other ways to deal damage."

"Achilles may give me more than enough reflection damage to finish this boss off. If not those two should have enough damage between the two of them to finish it. I would say that I could deal the finishing blow, but I doubt that who or whatever's messing with my attacks is going to let up now."

Night’s King: 12/450

Hate: 4 | @Teayre887/1085 EN: 67/106  
Hate: 3 | Calrex: 1412/1540 EN: 137/154

The red head watched as Itzal covered for them, almost finishing the boss off and at the same time stunning him. The red head gritted her teeth at the action. Twisting her blade for a split second she glances down at it before looking back up at Itzal. “Maybe…” She whispers to herself before her husband’s shouting broke her semi-trance. As she glanced up she saw the boss walking over to the Ultramarine Knight. Seemingly ignoring the stun that Itzal had attempted. “Tch.” The red head let slip. Teayre watched with slow motion as the boss raised its weapon up towards Calrex. The red head moved, as if she had invoked her battojutsu.

Her blade struck eleven times again. This time the boss burst. Pixels flew everywhere as the crimson maiden destroyed the very thing that was about to attack her husband. It’s blade clattering to the ground before it had managed to strike him. “Itzal. Good work.” She nods to the boy, turning to her beloved Teayre sheathes her blade before raising a hand and then letting it fall to her side. “Sorry…” She whispers before turning on her foot walking towards the precipice of the steps. “So… Where to next?” She enquires as she pushes the doors to the Night King’s hall open.

ID: 78562 BD: 10 (8 + 4 ACC) CD: 11 LD: 3 MD: 5

Legion Destroyer: (12 + 1 Ferocity Mod)*11 = 143 – 50 = 93 DMG | 11 Energy Used

Night’s King: 0/450  DEAD

Hate: 4 | Teaye887/1085 EN: 67/106  
Hate: 3 | Calrex: 1412/1540 EN: 137/154

@Itzal

@Calrex

Edited by Teayre
  • 2 weeks later...