[PP - F4] The Dark Lion and the Broken Warrior <<The Night's King>>

Beatbox rubbed his hands together and breathed in the palms of his hands to keep them warm, he started to hate this floor as time went on, he preferred the mild climate as floor 11 was. He messaged @Ariel - The Crowned Lion about doing another quest together after the Deforestation attempt. He took a deep breath, she had changed... very much so from the Christmas Boss, she dress black as the night and she attacked fiercely... he didn't blame her, freedom runs wild in the minds of others and people find the darkness that were in their minds and Beatbox had found it once before when he was still in his popstar phase. However that time has then passed and he has now calmed down very much and accept his dark sides, however he has still been struggling with his evil smile of his... its affecting him very much, but he didn't show the pain and stayed calm as he were.

It was normal day, or so it seemed at first glance as nobody ordered something from her shop. There were the usual high profile item demands from noble NPCs but those were merely vanity items. After finishing such item that appeared to be embroiled with golden threads, the blonde sat on a rocking chair in front of the fireplace, sipping on some wine she'd received as payment from the above mentioned aristocrats. It was a shame really, the taste was similar but with no inebriating effect.. its was for nothing, a mere imitation of the real thing. This made the blonde frown but she continued to sip from the glass nonetheless, with nothing better to do. Luckily a soft chime changed the monotone atmosphere in the room, as nothing but fire cracking could be heard. 

The blonde didn't bother to check the entrance door as she distinguished this chime from the one the entrance bell had, a visual notification also accompanying it. From her free hand, fingers danced through the air as she opened the message and read its content.

"Oh?!" she muttered as she read the sender's name. She then looked to the side and muttered: "Wanna go for a walk?" Hearing nothing but a low growl the blonde shrugged and departed towards the meeting spot. It didn't take long until she reached the fourth floor, pleasant memories of times long gone making her crack a genuine smile after god knows how long. She spotted the superstar and waved as she drew closer. Something seemed changed about him, not that she pay much attention last time she saw him at the Xmas event but at least his attire seemed different, more normal from what her trained eye could tell.

She grinned and greeted him once she into talking distance: "Hey there B-star, didn't expect your message. What you wanna kill today?" she asked with a smile, her eyes staring into his anxious for a target in form of a reply.

Beatbox has waited there and she had finally came and called him "B-star" however he didn't want to be called that anymore, if anything he saw himself as a fallen star more than anything, he took a deep breath and said out to her "I'm no star, those days are all over now." he said as he turned to see her in her new attire, "The Night's King Ariel. They say in the far north lies an ultimate undead warrior, I need to see this joke for myself." he chuckled with a smirk "Me and you both know that these enemies are a joke to our power." he shook his head and looked to the far north seeing the mountain through the blizzard. He took a deep breath "Its a long walk fallen angel, are you up for it?" he said with a chuckle as he continued to walk forward "It's been a long time Ariel hasn't it? I've seen you've changed? For the better or for the worst, honestly that answer is in the eyes of the beholder. However I am unsure on how Hikoru feels about that, I noticed that he pretty much ignored you in the Christmas boss. The nerve of some, even if they are loved ones I assume." he said with a blank face looking down.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

As she drew closer she listened to his greeting, her head slightly tilted. She frowned at the mention of the 'enemy' on that floor and pulled out her HUD window. Her slim fingers danced through the air as she navigated through the menu, stopping at the current floor map data. She squinted her eyes at the numerical stats with the adjacent chart that showed more than 70% completion. "To think there still was a quest like that...." she muttered as with one forceful hand gesture she closed all the opened windows. "What a joke..." she said more audibly, raising her eyebrow. For a moment she suspected that he might know something but then raised her arms to waist level and made a couple of pirouettes: "You like it? I wanted a ...change of style, so to speak. To keep up with the current times." she said with a sly smile "I think its for better honestly, the old me was getting... stagnant."

Her expression however changed into a scowl at the mention of Hikoru, replying only with a vague: "yeaaaahhhhh" She quickly looked to the side and asked: "What about you? You seem a bit more grim than last time we meet, what happened with making people happy through being a idol?" she asked with a smirk, her instincts telling her it was a touchy subject. She made a hand gesture that they should be walking while chatting.

Beatbox eyed her down from toe to hair, he kind of liked the change to be honest somehow, it seemed more... to a lack of a better terms more intimidating in a way. He smirked and said out to her "Well, its an interesting change that you have there. A little revealing in a way, but I actually kind of like it." he listened to her get slightly annoyed about Hikoru and then looked forward when she had signaled to walk as they talked... maybe he shouldn't have brought it up... "Way to go James, you made her a little annoyed with you. Congrats on you're screw up..." he sighed before shaking his head with an angered look "No I had to change because of something, something I am not proud of, but it's my own sin and mistake. I've learned from it, but I know you have a right to know what..." he shook his head and looked towards her and said making sure no one was around but said it quietly in her ear to be sure "...Ariel, I've killed a woman. Out of anger..." he leaned back away from her and looked forward with dead eyes, he wasn't proud with what he has done.

Intrigued, the blonde listened to his confession of sorts. She was expecting something like him saying that he found some random col on the ground and felt sorry for picking it up or that he sang with a sore throat and his performance wasn't the best. But she didn't expect this type of confession from the happy-go-lucky Beatbox she had pictured in her head. Its true, the two never did interact more than a couple of boss fights and special server events but she suspected this was something he told people he was very intimate with. Why tell her? and why would she had a right to know? all these question made the blood rush through her pixelated veins. In the end, it didn't matter that much why.... more importantly how was she going to use this information. An euphoric sensation swiped through her body as she considered the possibilities: threats, extortion, guilt trip... all those and more were within her grasp. 

She put a hand over her mouth to hide her grin and suppress a giggle, while her eyes almost revealed her inner thoughts. Ah... that soulless expression of his, it was as if those eyes were begging to be teased some more. She tried to calm herself and put her free hand on his right shoulder, this time she drew closer to his ear and whispered after removing the hand from her mouth. In this state, tact wasn't her forte: "Guess what superstar, you're not the only one who tasted blood... so....did.....I. And I loved it!" the hand that was resting on his shoulder suddenly gripped him as next came a creepy shrieking laughter that she kept inside herself more than she wanted to.

After that she let go and leaned back to face him, this time she let her emotions run free on her expression as the before mentioned grin was present... this time accompanied by a somehow crazed glitter in her eyes as she was still in a partially euphoric state. "So don't be such a sour puss, you still have your green crystal.. like me, so lets go kill something before I get some wild ideas and put them into practice." she said in a loud, almost happy tone.

Beatbox kept a straight face as she laughed out the evil thoughts in her mind, Beatbox gained an angered look and pull out his sword and pointed it at her neck "However, you try to do anything to me with that information..." he pushed the sword a little closer to her neck "I'll make you my next target, so don't gain any thoughts missie." he chuckled as he sheathed his sword and continued to walk forward. He listened to her last comment and he looked over to her and then gave her a "sure" of agreeance, he took a deep breath and knew that if he even tried to attack Ariel he would have to rely on paralysis, however she could even possess an immunity to it... he thought to himself that maybe it is a better idea to stay on her good side and obey her every order to prevent himself from dying. He chuckled and looked toward Ariel and said "You know, I am trying to become a better person, however I know that sometime down the line that I might fail. Just please don't do anything stupid and taunt me with the death, because I don't want to commit suicide and fight you. I may have just threatened you but..." he looked down "I know I wouldn't win..."

In the real world, a white weapon pointed at someone's neck would first be a terrifying experience for the one threatened, then it would be a cause of concern to the other implicated party as that action would brand them as a criminal. Some kind of police force would track down and imprison the assaulting party after the assaulted would notify said police force... that was how the justice system in the real world worked more or less. It wasn't perfect, it didn't work every time but at least it was something that offered some sense of safety to the general population.

But that was the 'normality' in the normal world, the place they were currently in didn't have that complicated system but a much easier, objective one. You do something the Cardinal system deemed as 'bad' you'd get your cursor changed to orange; different periods of time applied to different degrees of 'crimes', permanent being awarded to murderers. You'd also not get some magical police force to punish you, the primary 'punishment' was that someone with a orange marker couldn't enter safe havens. This system was far from perfect, you could even say that it was twisted as it allowed loopholes to kill one another without changing the color of the green marker.

This was the abnormality of this situation, seem from a 'real world' perspective but for those trapped here...  his gesture was impulsive yes, but not something out of ordinary. Thus why the reason why the blonde didn't flinch at the sight of the blade. However, her eyes narrowed when he mentioned her as a potential target. Still, she continued to listen with a grin. She placed her hand on his shoulder and said with a smile: "Don't sell yourself short like that, show some confidence... Its more fun for me like that." she then started walking forward as she spied with her little eye something moving in the distance; they were close to their destination.

Beatbox looked over to see that Ariel had placed a hand on his shoulder and tried to encourage him in some form or manner, Beatbox shook his head and said "Confidence? I have none, I am a walking corpse waiting to happen." he growled as he kept moving forward eventually seeing the staircase that leads upwards to its throne, Beatbox smirked and noticed that 8 frost wrights had approached them, 4 on each side... 4 to Beatbox and 4 to Ariel, he pulled out his sword from its sheath and said out to Ariel "Looks like were surrounded Ariel..." he looked forward to the 4 frost wrights and said with a chuckle "...what a joke." and ran forward as his sword glowed an eerie dark blue as he unleashed the shadowed explosion sword art dealing with all four of them ending all of their lives... just barely though. Beatbox looked down to the ground where they stood and said "You all had no chance." then let out a chuckle.

-----

ID: 74065 - BD: 7+4=11 (noncritical) - MD: 1

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion (14*9=126-25=101)

Beatbox: 855/855 - 84/84

Ariel: ???/??? - ??/??

Frost Wight 1-4: 0/100 [-101 HP]

• 2 weeks later...

This blonde followed the gloomy player with little comments. What could she do to cheer him up? she could thing of a couple of things a woman can do for a man to cheer him up but she wasn't that type of gal, or did he had the guts to take it until the end.She sighted, painfully being remembered by this situation that offering moral support had always been a unsuccessful domain for her; as her contact to the real world, in the real world, was through fencing tournaments. She mused but couldn't get to a conclusion as they were greeted by the welcoming committee. "lets just do what we know best! it always cheers me up." she said with a excited grin. In the next instant she materialized the obsidian banner and pointed it toward half of the mobs ambushing them. She charged towards them and instead of directly striking them, she executed a pole vault over and did a large horizontal slash from right to left; easily ending her foes' existence. 

Seeing as @Beatbox also finished his opponents with little effort, she asked with a puzzled expression: "How can you lack confidence when you deal that kind of damage?" 

ID# 74711  BD: 5+3 (non-crit)  MD: 2
Sword Art(12) Triple Expand - 6x1*(23+5) & AoE = 168 Damage - 25 Mitigation = 143 Damage

Beatbox: 855/855 - 84/84
Ariel: 1,155/1,155 - 102/114

Frost Wight 5-8: 0/100 [-43 HP]

Spoiler

Battle Stats:
1,155  HP
114 Energy
3 Accuracy
3 Evasion
15 / 23 Base Damage 
75 Mitigation
+10 Heal (from every source)
(24+10) Heal, after hit.

Hide contents

HP: 1140 (lvl. 57 x20) + 15(Athletics)
Energy: lvl. 57 x2
Accuracy: 1(lucky charm) +1(precision) +1(weapon)
Evasion: 2(lucky charm) +1(Sprint and Acrobatics)
Base damage = 3(2-handed base) +1(Athletics) + 5(weapon skill) +6(familiar mastery)/ +8 Fallen Damage (non-crit)
Mitigation: 30(skill) +45(armor)

Battle Ready Inventory:
» 4x Rare T2 Healing (+160 HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» 5x Perfect T2 Healing (+90 Team HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» 5x Uncommon T2 Healing (+80 HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» Basic Teleport [Crystal]
» 1x Safeguard [Potion]
» *Banner of Support (+80 HP heal for all (up to 6) party members, 3/4 charges remaining)

Equipped Items:
» «Omamori: Feline Eyes» (+2 Evasion, +1 Accuracy) (lucky charm, T1)
» «Leonidas' Strength» (+1 Life Mending, +1 Holy Blessing, +2 Damage Mitigation+(Tier 2, Light Armor) 
» «Darkened Blade» (+2 Fallen Damage, +1 Accuracy) (2h assault spear, T2)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:
MQs03Cg.png?1

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Beatbox had watched Ariel strike down the other Frost Wrights with ease, like a knife though butter. Then grinned after she had made her last comment and said to her with a monotone voice "Because its not as optimal as yours or the many players in the frontlines, you'd all do great without me anyways, yet I fight anyways." he looked over to see the boss that has stood up and activated Weakened Area forcing Beatbox's and Ariel's damage to suffer, the Nights King clapped giving them a rather dumb speech about how it was impressed, but it only annoyed Beatbox... he just wanted to get this fight over with, in the middle of his words Beatbox dashed forward and striked the Night's King with a sword art that paralyzed it, Beatbox looked down at it with a angered look and said "Shut up. Your throne belongs to someone else, false king."

-----

ID: 74714 - BD: 4+4=8 - MD: 10 (Disregarded to Stun.)

Sword Art Used: Nova Ascension (12*9=108-50=58) Stun Activates.

Beatbox: 855/855 - 55/84 [+1 EN / -12 EN]

Ariel: 1155/1155 - 102/114

Night's King: 392/450 - MIT: 50 [-58 HP]

Listening to his words, she showed a small frown. "With that kind of attitude, you'll never get better." she muttered as she brandished her weapon. She entered the pre-stance for the charge skill but in the moment that she dashed towards the King, she didn't feel the familiar system assist that would boost her speed beyond human limitations. As she ran she clenched her teeth and gave her best to at trying to gain some momentum by herself. For some unspoken reason, she decided to use a mid-level SA instead of the most powerful one. After all, to finish the so called 'king' with just one shot would end the fun too quickly as she currently was enjoying herself in her element. 

"Isn't it the same back in the other world?" she avoided using the term real as for her at least, this pixelated medieval-esque land became her reality a while back. She continued with a grin as she retreated to see what the system entitled King would do: "At least here, we all have the same conditions to improve ourselves and climb to the top!" she added as she stole a glance from @Beatbox. "A fresh start."

-----

ID# 74826 - BD: 6+3(non-crit) - MD: 

Sword Art Used:  (11) Vent Forth - 5x2*(12+8)= 200 Raw Damage - 50 Mitigation = 150 Damage

[H:1]Beatbox: 855/855 - 55/84

[H:2]Ariel: 1155/1155 - 92/114 [+1 EN / -11 EN]

Night's King: 242/450 - MIT: 50 [-150 HP]

Beatbox grinned, he didn't know what and how he was supposed to feel about this... this boss wasn't much of a challenge and the only thing that was annoying was the fact that their damage was limited, the false kings words felt like: blah... blah, blah. He had completely disregarded his words, and stuck him again with another paralysis sword art, cancelling his next attack upon him. Beatbox looked down then back to Ariel that had been speaking to him this entire time. He grinned, then turned his back from the king "Even at limited damage you are still cutting yourself short, I know that's not the best you've got in the damage department, please. Just end this already." he shook his head and looked away from the king, he knew that Ariel could end this at a moments notice, one good hit with a really good sword art would be able to finish him off... he just knows that it would. 

-----

ID: 74714 - BD: 4+4=8 - MD: 2-3=1

Sword Art Used: Nova Ascension (12*9=108-50=58) Stun Activates.

Beatbox: 855/855 - 44/84 [+1 EN / -12 EN]

Ariel: 1155/1155 - 92/114

Night's King: 182/450 - MIT: 50 [-58 HP

She sighted as her words went completely over his head like they did to so many. No wonder she didn't get along with many new players lately.. even if that used to be one of her traits. Or better said, her discarded trait 'kindness' towards lower levels. With a shrug she focused on the mob and said :"As you wish then." In the next second she sprinted towards the king and performed 6 precise stabs in form of a cross, ending with a final thrust into the center of the cross that pushed the king backwards and made the quest boss explode into polygons. With a smirk, the blonde picked up the crown it wore and nonchalantly went up and sat on its frozen throne. Tilting the crown to the side she eyed @Beatbox and asked while seductively crossing her tights as she made herself comfortable. "Wish granted, its dead... quest finished. Do you feel fulfilled?" she asked with a decadent smile.

-----

ID: 74944 - BD: 6+4(non-crit) - MD: 4-3=1

Sword Art: (16) Imperial Southern Cross - 7x2*(12+8)= 280 Damage - 50 Mitigation= 230 DMG

Beatbox: 855/855 - 44/84

Ariel: 1155/1155 - 77/114 [+1 EN / -16 EN]

Night's King: -48/450 - MIT: 50 [-230 HP

• 2 weeks later...

Beatbox had looked over to see Ariel finish the king off, ending the reduced damage area and for him to return the crown to its rightful owner, however Ariel had continued to torment him any form or way, he had looked over with a grin as he grabbed the crown "You've changed Ariel, and to my conclusion its for the worst." he placed the crown into his inventory and took a few steps down the stairs before looking up back to Ariel saying "In this world everyone must work towards one goal, getting ourselves out of here, not to serve one person. But if that's how you wish to act then so be it. But don't expect me to play your game." he kept walking down the steps one by one and said once more out to her "If you want to follow me back to the NPC to return the crown then so be it. However if you're not then this is goodbye. I don't care if you follow me or not. It seems you have other things to terrorize except the minds that knows that they wont win." he continued walking down with only one goal in mind and that was to finish this quest.

As he apparently ignored her last question the blonde let out a sigh and said "And not too long ago you said you said you liked my change. Which one is it?" she asked while making a pirouette, looking at her attire. Then she walked after Beat while narrowing her eyes at his next comment about her: "You seem to have a bad opinion about me. Did I do something to make you think I like to terrorize?" she asked in a normal tone, saying nothing more as the sound of footsteps on the snow filled the silence moment persisting until his answer. Was he onto her? ... She doubted that Zandra told somebody else bout her 'deed' but there was no way to be sure. Fixing on his back, the blonde couldn't help but think, while still at the topic of change, he said he changed as well... the memory of the happy-go-by idol was still somehow fresh in her memory. A treat that a few people had retained after finding out that this place became a virtual prison. That's what she liked at him initially... looking at how cold he was now, she couldn't help but feel just a bit sad. " I guess everybody turns like this in the end. " she muttered with a self mocking tone, remembering a bit of her own time as a happy noob under her leader's protection.

Beatbox didn't look back, he growled at her statements, "I refuse to let myself, fall to the darkness like you did. I simply said I liked how you looked, it looks somehow great, however if there was a soul wielding it I would have even told you how much I liked it." as they walked back into town to return the crown he spoke of nothing, he didn't want to speak of anything, nor speak about her own change... it was fine and dandy, but something was terribly wrong... she had changed... not for the better, but for the worst. He worried that she would fall down to bits a pieces just like the many enemies that had happened throughout this damned game... Zelrius... Ssendom... they all perished without anyone missing them, is that the path she will follow? He shook his head and returned the crown to the NPC, his words had felt like "blah blah blah" from the thoughts within his head, they had gotten the rewards, but he felt like he had cheated for it all... he looked back at Ariel and gained an angered look and looked back forward "I thought you were going to be a friend, I thought I was going to look up to you as a person when I need to seek help. But you've fallen down the wrong path, and I cannot support that. I wish you'll look past your own sins like I did, and move on like a human being. Even if you aren't one." he walked forward placing his hands in his pockets roaming down the safe zone of the town.

She listened and continued to listen to him... something was off, he was speaking like he knew what she did... like he knew her for a long time now: "The hell do you think you are?" she said with a frown and a angry tone. "If you have something to say you're better of saying it, I can't shake off the feeling that you have something against me.... ' fallen down the wrong path. '?   'look past my own sins.'? not being human?..." she began to breath irregularly as she fixed her gaze on his back. Then hurrying her pace she put her hand on his shoulder and tried to turn him around to face her.  

"What do you mean by that?" she asked, afterwords clenching her teeth... reflecting his blue eyes into her mirror-like silvers. He was talking like he knew... her mind trailed to Zandra... she couldn't have squealed but there might've been someone other than her that saw what happened in that rainy day. 

Beatbox had turned his head to face Ariel's once more as he had spoke out when she was finished with her statements "Who do I think I am? Ariel its simple, I am a dead man fighting for the freedom of yours, for everyone here's don't take it for granted. I would die to keep you alive. Why? Because you're a friend, a ally, a family member of mine that helped me become who I am." he looked forward and up into the moon up into the sky as he chuckled out "I want to see you escape here with friends, you know. More friends than foes, because its not worth killing yourself being the bad guy now is it?" he took a few steps forward as he froze into place leaving a few more words to leave with her before he had stepped up onto the floor teleporter "In the beginning there was nothing, and in the end... there still will be nothing. So what does that make you here in this world?" then looked forward upon the floor teleporter and said without hesitation "Teleport, floor 11. Taft." and with that he had left, without a trace.

• 3 weeks later...

The blonde stood and watched at his back as he spoke to her. She clenched her teeth as despite his kind words she would feel some not so happy emotions. She stood there silent as he left, only after his figure was completely engulfed and extinguished with the light. She let out a loud 'Tchh' as his words were being replayed in her mind, the blonde herself absentmindedly walking towards the teleportation pedestal: "I never asked you to do that... I left my family back in the real world the moment I started this game." she then looked to the side, spotting some low levels that were heading in her general direction. She let out a vile smile while coming with a hushed reply to his last inquiry. "That's easy enough to answer... a fallen angel or a dark lion. Whichever 'this world' prefers." next she stepped forward and didn't bother to change the destination, her home and shop were also on the 11th floor.