[F2 - PP] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Beat's brow rose as he saw the trade window open, showing the cooldown potion in the window. He accepted and retrieved the item from his inventory. He held the bottle up and examined the bottle for a moment before uncorking the container and swallowing it's contents. The flavor was palatable, not unlike diluted kool-aid, but the best part was the refreshing effect the liquid had on him as he felt it run down his throat. It refreshed him completely, the fatigue from their recent ordeal decreased greatly. 

"Not bad! Thanks!" 

Beat took everything in as they traveled around. Exploration was something he had missed. Crossreign had not offered anything he had not explored and exploited in such a long time, he had forgotten how nice exploration was. He pulled out his menu again and began exploring the features, looking to find anything else he might have gotten from the quest, not that the skill was not reward enough. 

"Hm? What's that?"

Beat looked to his left and spotted a dark opening one of the sand dunes. Upon approach, it appeared to be a cave entrance. He looked to Rain with an inquisitive expression.

"This wouldn't be our dungeon would it?" 

ID# 74256 result: 20 = Intermediate Dungeon

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yep, that's exactly it." the wanderer says as he began to walk towards the dungeon entrance. Another time these guys one uped the wanderer. Mad at himself for being distracted by the stupid pole thinking it was some loot, he trudged through the entrance. "Follow me, but don't attack until they start focusing me." That in mind, the wanderer carefully explored the dungeon. After a few minutes to exploring, the wanderer spots a group of what seemed to be Lizard Warriors. Wanting to get the jump on them, the wanderer rushed the group. As he charged at them, he jumped in the middle of the group and with once swift swing of his lance, he hits and trips all 4 beast. "Let's party." He whispered to himself as he stared down the creatures.

The lizards, slowly got up after the wanderer's attack. It really hit them hard, but that didn't complete stopped them, once they all got up, they attacked the wanderer at the same time. Fortunately for the wanderer, 3 of the creatures managed to miss the wanderer, but apparently during while distracted by the other 3, the 4th warrior managed to slash the wanderer on his arms. However, it barely dent the wanderer's HP.

ID# 74257 results: Battle: 6
[H 1] [Rain] [Level 29] [HP (547/580)] [Energy (41/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 18] [LD 2]
 » [Sweeping Moon] (SA 1x9)x(DMG 14 + Crystal 2 + Charge 1) = DMG 153
  » -18 Energy; -51 HP

ID# 74257 results: MOB: 5
[Lizard Warrior 1] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
ID# 74260 results: MOB: 5
[Lizard Warrior 2] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
ID# 74261 results: MOB: 5
[Lizard Warrior 3] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
ID# 74262 results: MOB: 9
[Lizard Warrior 4] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
 » DMG 51 - MIT 18 = DMG 33

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74258 results:

Loot: 9 = No sufficient materials

After downing his own potion and feeling the heat break from around him from its effects, Shield felt surprisingly refreshed as well. He clapped Beat on the back as he stepped toward the entrance alongside him.

"Looks like a dungeon to me," he said. "Looks a hell of a lot more interesting than the sand that I managed to find. I would let our guide go fir-"

Quicker than Shield was prepared for, Rain had already leaped into the fray to deal a devastating AOE to the mobs that had sprung up at the entrance. Shield instinctively ducked behind his guard, although he knew that for the moment, he was safe. Four hits meant that all of the Hate was squarely centered on the more experienced player.

He darted around behind, skirting the wall to watch the battle, studying the swift and purposeful motions of their guide.

"Not bad, Rain! Not bad at all! Keep it up!"

Moral support was about all shield was good for at the moment. These monsters were far beyond anything he could handle at his level. Leaps and bounds ahead of the difficulty that measly bit of rock had offered three floors below.

Edited by Shield

ID # 74263 result: 17 LD = Treasure Chest found! 

Beat resolved himself to stay behind, knowing all too well how a successful carry worked. The lowbies stood back and loot while the higher level player clears mobs and bosses. It was an odd feeling to be on the other side, but he appreciated the opportunity to see high level play first hand. He had trouble keeping up with all of it, but he managed to follow Rain's usage of a Sword Art. something he had yet to do himself. 

Incredible...

As one of the Lizard warriors were blasted back by Rain's display of power, Beat's eyes did what they do best, pay attention to small details. Somewhat hidden in shadow, Beat caught a glimpse of a large, decorative box that he hoped was a treasure chest. The lizard men stood in the way, however, and he would need to wait until after the battle to see what treasures lied in wait for them. 

Edited by Beat

Angered from the creature's attack, the wanderer retaliated by rushing at the one who attacked him. Unfortunately for the wanderer, the Lizard Warrior managed to dodge the wanderer's spear. On top of that, as soon as the wanderer made his attack the other 3 Lizards made their attack. And on top of that, 2 out of the 3 attack managed to land. As the wanderer had his back turned the Lizard Warriors axes cut deep in the spearman's back. He quickly reacted, yelling out in pain. He then turns around to look to face the perpetrators. While the wanderer turned his back, the 4th Warriors swung his axe and cut deep into the wanderer. Screeching from the pain, the wanderer fell to his knees. "Ahh! That stings!" He thought to himself as he feel to the ground.

ID# 74264 results: Battle: 5 (2+3)
[H 1] [Rain] [Level 29] [HP (451/580)] [Energy (40/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 18] [LD 2]
 » Missed
  » -2 Energy; +1 Energy

ID# 74264 results: MOB: 8
[Lizard Warrior 1] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50]
 » DMG 50 - MIT 18 = DMG 32
ID# 74265 results: MOB: 8
[Lizard Warrior 2] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50]
ID# 74266 results: MOB: 4
[Lizard Warrior 3] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50]
ID# 74267 results: MOB: 7
[Lizard Warrior 4] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50]

Edited by Rain

It was odd. Raids and dungeon crawls had been so much of his past, but not only did if feel alien to be avoiding the attention of the enemies, but the dungeon itself did not feel as safe as it should. It's only a dungeon. Even so, either with the thought of Akihiko Kayaba lurking somewhere, watching the players, or just knowing that death was no longer without consequence, it felt as if the very walls were alive.

As the battle churned on, Shield noticed Beat's gaze. Having slipped a little way into the entrance, Shield was closer than he was, but it was still on the exact wrong side of the room. He would have to be patient and wait for the battle to die down before intruding into the center of the room.

He kept himself low, hugging the walls as he noted the events of the battle. He also took careful notice of the exits, namely one directly across from the entrance and a smaller side door in the center of the wall opposite the chest.

The wanderer slowly fell to the ground as if in slow motion. Atleast, that's what it felt like. Perhaps it was all the adrenaline pumping now. As he slowly fell, he knew he had to end this quickly. Tightly gripping his spear, the wanderer pushed himself to move. Just as his knees finally touch the ground, his spear begins to glow crimson. "Sweeping Moon." The wanderer yelled out in an angry raspy tone. In that moment, he swung his lance around him cleaving through all the Lizard Warriors all the while roaring as if he's a mighty lion ravaging through his prey. As the dust cleared from the attack, the stood up and looked at his two companions who seem to be dealing with a chest. Look around him were red pixels, what's left of the Lizard warriors. Wanting to help in case that chest dangerous, the wanderer walked up to the two. "Best be careful. Those things can be dangerous. Fortunately for us, none of us can open it. Perhaps one day. Anyways, I need to wait for my energy to regen. Let's camp for a bit."

ID# 74269 results: Battle: 8 (5+3) Loot: 14 (9+5)
[H 2] [Rain] [Level 29] [HP (451/580)] [Energy (23/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 18] [LD 2]
 » [Sweeping Moon] (SA 1x9)x(DMG 14 + Crystal 2) = DMG 144
  » -18 Energy; +1 Energy

[Lizard Warrior 1] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -144 DEAD
[Lizard Warrior 2] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -144 DEAD
[Lizard Warrior 3] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -144 DEAD
[Lizard Warrior 4] [HP -7/290] [DMG 50] -144 DEAD

4/10

Group Loot
5,800 col
4 Mats

Edited by Rain

Shield nodded, not having any complaints at the thought of a respite. He leaned against the wall and slumped down to the floor. He had yet to take any actual damage, though the stone had left him plenty for for some time, but still, he felt drained.

"I think I'm getting old, boys," he said, pulling his arms back to stretch his chest. "I'm getting winded just watching people fight."

He slipped to the side and sprawled out on his back, lacing his fingers behind his head.

"It means a lot that you'd be willing to let a few newbies tag along while you do all the work. Maybe it's just another quest for you, but it's the leg up we need to get ourselves started. Thank you."

His eyes flickered over to the chest, and he sighed. It didn't sit well with him just leaving loot lying around, but if there was no way to get it, it couldn't be helped.

"Quite a bit of difference from our old lives, eh Beat?"

Beat nodded in agreement. The lizard Warriors had managed to deal some damage to their friend and pushing too hard as a carry was never a good idea. Besides, if rain went down somehow, they would be guaranteed to fall. He walked up to the chest and examined it, seeing no way to open, just as rain had said. Giving it a swift kick, he returned to the party and sat down, leaning back a propping himself up on his elbows. He smiled as he responded. 

"Hehe yeah. Not used to being on the receiving end of a carry. We definitely owe you one Rain." 

Beat meant what he had said and had every intention of repaying the debt someday. He had no idea how lonmg it would take to get to a point where he could be useful to a player of rain's caliber, but he would make sure he made it to that point. 

"You're winded? How do you think I feel?" The wanderer says as he twists his neck a bit to loosen up some more. "I burned through a lot of my energy, so I have to wait for it to regen." The wanderer say as he propped up against a wall and sat down. "You know, you really don't owe me anything." The wanderer says as he stared farther down the halls and into the darkness. "This benefits me as much as it does you. I need SP and dungeon diving is the best way to grind that. It even easier too with others cause it's not so boring." The wanderer's voice trailed on as he reminisced on the days we would go solo in the wilds. The wanderer's a bit of a loner, but from time to time, it's nice to party with others. "Shield you mentioned something about old lives? You guys know each other in real life or something?"

[HP 471/580] [Energy 24/58] (+20 HP;+1 Energy) 1/3

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74289 results:

Loot: 18 = 1 mat

"Well, not exactly," Shield replied thoughtfully, turning onto to his side to face the others. "We know each other from outside of SAO, but it was another game, not real life. He was a top-tier DPS, I was a top-tier tank. We were actually rivals."

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a bit of debris on the floor that stood out from the rest. He picked it up and turned it over thoughtfully in his hand.

"Almost looks like a bit of ore. Might be valuable to someone."

He flicked his fingers and deposited it in his items menu. A little number 1 appeared next to the Materials section.

"In any case, the only reason we're here is because we both maxed out our builds and all of the spirit went out of the competition. It came down to luck of the rolls rather than any actual skill. So, here we are. As soon as the bad news hit, we figured we know each others' skills and abilities in games, so we knew each other were reliable."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID # 74290 results: 9 = no mats found

Beat got to his feet and casually explored the room, their voices echoing off of the stone that he cound be practically anywhere in the room and still here the two of them clearly. He was never one to rest for long, especially in a place where danger lurked around every corner. He kicked something soft as he walked, having not been paying attention.

"Hm?"

Looking down, he saw what appeared to be a traveler's pack. He knew it couldn't belong to a player since their inventories made it easy to carry any number of items without encumbering themselves. He figured it was a random spawn from the game itself. He cautiously opened the bag and began to go through it, ears still trained on the conversation. The first compartment of the pack seemed to contain spoiled food and various trinkets of no real value. He looked up from the pack and spoke to the wall, knowing his voice would carry well enough. 

"Yep! It was a game called Crossreign. It was a lot like this one actually, but the graphic weren't as good and the realism was of a lower quality. Pretty it wasn't as big as this one either. What about you Rain? Is this your first VRMMO?"

Edited by Beat

As the wanderer listened in on the two's story, he casually flicked his fingers in the air, opening his inventory in the process. After a few seconds of scrolling he takes out a pale yellowish vial. He then quickly drinks the tonic without a second thought. "Ugh... still disgusting as always. So crossreign huh? I've heard of it, but I've never tried VRMMOs until this one. I just stuck to normal MMOs and RPGs so learning the controls were a hassle at first. Of course, being forced into a game and stuck there kind helped speed up the process of learning to move here. Without it, you die. I've seen many die in my time here, especially back on the 1st floor. It was... something.." The wanderer's voice trailed on once more as he looked down on the ground as his thoughts wandered off to his beginnings in this game. It was hard but he learned to survive, no matter what it took.

Greater Mitigation Potion II - Consumed [+36 MIT]

[HP 491/580] [Energy 25/58] (+20 HP;+1 Energy) 2/3

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74291 results:

Loot: 17 = 1 mat

"People underestimate the first floors, I suppose," Shield conjectured. "After all, it seems like the real danger is going to be on the floors above you. The real answer is though, the danger is wherever you're underestimating the game."

Shield continued to pass his hands along the ground, sorting through the debris at the fringe of the room where he lay. His hand closed over what appeared to be another piece of ore, which he stored with the first.

"It must have been a scary transition for you, Rain. Beat and I are used to being in virtual worlds, so when the big news came, we had an extra layer of insulation from that fear, even despite understanding the gravity of the situation. For you, it must have come with a different sense of immediacy. Then again..."

Shield thought of the many who lost their lives charging off into the wilderness on the first floor, anxious to battle their way to the top as quickly as possible.

"Maybe that was a boon that kept you cautions, and alive."

Edited by Shield

"Not exactly... I've learned to survive even in the real world. I used to live in Germany back when I was young. Things got out of hand and people died, I ended up moving here in Japan with my father. By then, I know how to learn and adapt to my surroundings. Being trapped in here was just like another 'moving on' in my life." As he finished his sentence, the wanderer yet again flicked is fingers in the air and opened up his inventory once more and took out a bottle and a shot glass with it. He quickly takes a shot before finally standing up once more. "Want a shot? My energy's just about full, so we can head out after this." As he stood up, he stretched his arms up in the air and stretched his back before taking hold of his lance once more. As he waited for the two to get up, his eyes glared off into the distant darkness that seemed to stretch endlessly down the corridor. "Ready?"

[HP 511/580] [Energy 58/58] (+20 HP;Full Energy) 3/3

Spoiler

74293 results:

Loot: 19

Shield grabbed up another chunk of ore before standing up and dusting himself off. Turning to face Rain.

"I should probably pass on the drink. I don't want to get into bad habits, even if it's just a game. I've seen that stuff ruin peoples' lives who had it easier than I did, so I try not to tempt fate."

He did, however, reach out with the ore chunk, raising it almost as if making a toast.

"Cheers."

He tapped it lightly against Rain's shot glass, producing a sharp clink, before storing it away.

"Well, it looks like we have two exits. We can go forward, or we can take the side path. I have no strong opinions either way. You know the dungeons here better than we do, Rain."

Shield dragged his spear out of its place in his inventory, leaning on it as they discussed moving forward, seeing as the weapon was good for little else in such a high level dungeon.

Edited by Shield

ID #  74294 result: LD 16= mats!

Beat listened as the two of them talked, diving back into his newly acquired sack of goodies. he had emptied the first compartment with no luck and now moved on two a second compartment. The section contained what appeared to be various tailoring supplies, causing the newbie to smile in glee at his success. 

"Paydirt..."

Beat pulled up the info menu on a small roll of fabric, it read |T1 fabric 1x|. He smiled and placed the item in his inventory, causing the materials counter on his character sheet to move to '1'. He would make note to remind himself to find out what materials were useful for. He assumed it was a crafting system, much like the kind that could be found in other MMORPGs. With Rain sounding ready to go, he hoisted the pack up and over his shoulder, knowing that there was more to be had from the pack. 

"Ready! Let's go!"

Edited by Beat

"These dungeons change with every visit, so I can't really 'guide' you per se, I say we keep going forward. I've been seeing some movement further down the corridor. Let's go" Without hesitation, the wanderer began to truck forward. During the entire time, the wanderer has kept a close eye down the corridor. He's been seeing movements and if those movements ever got closer, the group would've been in trouble. Fortunately for them, they didn't. As they got closer, the wanderer raised his hand a bit to stop the guys following him. "Keep your distance until I grab their aggro. Then you can join in if you want." As soon as the wanderer made sure the two understood, he began to crept closer  before bursting into a charge.

As soon as he was in range, his lance began to glow crimson. He quickly dashed to the middle of the group, grabbing the attention of all the 4 creatures. Then he suddenly swings his bladed pole around cleaving through all 4. The creatures, however were not fazed. They quickly retaliated jumping on the wanderer. Unfortunately for them, he managed to dodge of them except for the last beast. Still, it's damage did almost nothing to the wanderer.

ID# 74295 results: Battle: 8 (5+3)
[H 1] [Rain] [Level 29] [HP (510/580)] [Energy (40/58)] [DMG 14+2] [ACC 3] [EVA 0] [MIT 54] [LD 2]
 » [Sweeping Moon] (SA 1x9)x(DMG 14 + Crystal 2 + Charge 1) = DMG 153
  » -18 Energy; -1 HP

ID# 74295 results: MOB: 2
[Lizard Warrior 1] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
ID# 74296 results: MOB: 4
[Lizard Warrior 2] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
ID# 74297 results: MOB: 3
[Lizard Warrior 3] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
ID# 74298 results: MOB: 6
[Lizard Warrior 4] [HP 137/290] [DMG 50] -153 HP
 » DMG 50 - MIT 54 = DMG 1 (Minimum)

Edited by Rain
Spoiler

74300 results:

Loot: 12 = No mats

Shield ducked low, staying back by the entrance as the battle raged into full swing. His eyes darted around for anything out of the ordinary, but in the chaos of the ensuing battle, he did not spot anything noteworthy.

"Keep it up, Rain! Show us newbies how it's done!"

His first hit had been impressive, as always. The health bars of each reptilian adversary was cut in half immediately, each having felt the same devastating hit. To his left, he saw Beat continuing to rummage in the pack he had found.

As lackadaisical as that seems, that's probably exactly what he should be doing. There's no way we could do anything except put ourselves at risk in there.

Hanging back at the edge of the fray, Shield continued searching for extra materials to add to his stock.

I may be able to start smithing myself some gear sooner than I had planned...

Edited by Shield

ID # 74301: LD-14 = no mats

Beat had managed to arrange the pack in front of himself so that he could actually walk while going through the contents of his fortunate find. He rummaged through the pack, throwing out useless items, despite a few looking somewhat interesting. He peeked up from his pack once Rain warned them to stay back and took a position back and off to the side. If he was going to join in on the fight, he would need to wait until their guide had sufficient aggro, assuming the creatures lived that long. 

"No problem, last time they died before we really had a chance to jump in safely. do your thing!"

Satisfied that he would be safe and out of the way, Beat finished searching the compartment of the pack. Finding nothing else of interest in the second pocket, he closed it up and adjusted the pack so he could continue rummaging through the seemingly bottomless pack of junk. 

Edited by Beat