[F1-PP] The First Few Lessons Are Free [Completed]

Shield rolled his eyes and took the package that the Alchemist handed him.

"Thank you. I'll send him back to retrieve the package."

After having caught up with Beat and sent him back to retrieve the necessary item to complete the quest, Shield found waiting below the sign of the blacksmith. The wooden display piece was shaped like an anvil and suspended from a beam above that jutted out from the building. It swung with the wind, creaking lightly as shield waited, the parcel tucked safely in his inventory.

"He's likely not going to be in a good mood after all this."

Since Beat had yet to catch up just yet, he took the time to have a little chortle while it was safe before composing himself to await his party member.

I can't say I didn't expect moments like this to occur every once in a while. I'm just glad he takes things seriously when it counts.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"What?! Oh come on..."

Beat sprinted back into the shop and retrieved the package, annoyed that he had to listen to the entire dialogue from the NPC. He was convinced that Zackariah was punishing him for pushing him away when he tried to help Beat with the second potion. Grumbling he gave a hasty nod to the Alchemist and made his way to the Blacksmith's. He pulled his map up and simply followed Shield's icon until he arrived at the shop. He walked past his fellow party member and went straight in. 

"Let's end this..."

He walked straight up to the blacksmith at the counter and plopped the package on the counter. Lyle smiled and began to speak. 

"Ah, this must be from Zackariah. I appre-"

"Yep, bye!" 

Cutting Lyle off, he turned away, rolling his eyes and sighing in relief as he heard Lyle finish his dialogue and the quest reward screen appearing in front of him. He smiled weakly as he cleared the screen and opening his inventory to ensure the items had made their way in. Beat would wait outside the shop for Shield. 

"Now! Done. FOREVER!"

Following Beat inside, Shield was very glad that he had taken the time to get his amusement out before the straggler made it back. He summoned the package from his inventory and placed placed it on the counter. The same dialogue sequence initiated, the blacksmith thanking Shield has he was sure he had countless other people before and would continue to do until the quest was no longer viable.

Excusing himself from the canned dialogue, he too navigated past the congratulations screen and into the quest log, taking careful inventory of the rewards.

"Excellent! Looks like I have some skill points to distribute."

With a chuckle and a quickly suppressed smile, Shield made his way back outside to meet Beat, already navigating through his character specs to distribute the points that the quest had awarded him.

"What do you think? I thought it all went pretty smoothly, don't you?"

Shield braced himself for the earful he was certain to receive at that comment.

[Quest Rewards]

- Each - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) -

- Each - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) -

- Each - 1 Tier One Tier One Over-Health Potion . (+50 Temp HP) -

- Each - 4 SP (2 quest reward + 2 full pages) -

- Each - 400 Col. (2 full pages) -

- Shield - +1 T1 Mat - (acquired in addition to quest requirements) -

Edited by Shield