Buying:
Buying Golden Keys x 10

Shield > Tyonis
Spyglass
Tent
Teleportation Crystal
Custom Ambition Tool [Ambitious Anvil]

Total to Banker: 12,800 Col

Shield nodded a greeting to the newcomer, listening carefully to the order. "Not a problem," he said, sifting through his shop inventory to collect the items required. One at a time, he summoned them out onto the counter, stacking them neatly before getting to the tool. "You said for a blacksmith?" He swiped and selected an item. With a heavy thumping clank, a black anvil with shield shaped emblems stamped into either side appeared on the counter. "This should do you. I know that the tool you get upon completion of the Challenge of Mt. Olympus quest is a hammer, so I figured that this might make a decent complement. Best of luck in your crafting." He gave the newcomer a polite nod.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"You don't make it easy to get here, do you?" Kataware shouted as she walked through the front door of the shop and took off her thin, brown coat that she often wore when she wasn't wearing any equipment. Looking around the shop, she was trying to find something within her budget but also something that she had deemed worthy the Col. However, to her disappointment, much of what she found was way outside of her budget. There was one item that caught her eye, though. She leaned forwards to inspect the Spiky Pauldrons. They're just 500 Col, and also just spiky shoulder plates. "I'll take it off of you for 400 Col."

Kataware quickly transferred the 400 Col to the shopkeep and took off with her item.

<<400 Col transferred to Shield.>>

<<Transferred following item from Shield to Kataware:

Spoiler

Item Name: Spiked Pouldrons
Profession: Merchant
IDs: 75276, 75278, 75279
Roll:  Craft: 10 + 1 = 11,  Craft: 6 + 1 = 7,  Craft: 11 + 1 =12
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Quality: Perfect
Tier: 1
Enhancements: Thorns 1, Heavy Momentum 1, Mitigation 1
Description: More elaborate, heavier, and definitely spikier shoulder guards than normal shoulder guards.

>>

((Talked this over with Shield in Discord)).

Edited by Kataware
Description

Crafting And Junk Sale

Spoiler

Consuming: +1 CD Consumable

Identifying:

Rare Armor:
85591, 99612    

Perfect Armor:
85340a, 94848c, 99008d

Consuming Crafter's Respite

Rare Weapons:
94852c, 99038c

Perfect Weapons:
98362b, 98440b, 98440c, 85309, 96217a, 101268b, 102388b, 102388c, 102584c, 102596b, 102596c, 102843c, 102843d

Selling
Rare Equipment: 3
Perfect Equipment: 2

Total 33,600

Shield saw a fresh faced young woman enter the shop. It always upset him a little to be reminded that so many players were forced to play a game far more deadly than imagined, particularly kids who just wanted to try out a new game. He nodded to her, shrugging in response to her question. "I am a merchant who deals to a diverse clientele. Real estate outside of safe zones always comes with its drawbacks, mine being distance. It is relatively safe here though." Shield listened to her offer and nodded his consent. "It's been gathering dust a while now. Help yourself."

With that, he returned to his task for the day, namely the identification of part of his hoard. He laid out a number of items, as well as a few potions. He quaffed the first, sharpening his eye and his acumen for his craft. He then proceeded to identify a handful of spears he had set aside. A few were very interesting, and he set them aside for display. As his identification count ran out, he quaffed his second potion, renewing his abilities. He continued going through his piles, finally finding a suit of armor of some interest. "With a little help, this could actually be a good item to have for certain boss fights..." He took out a small item from his private stash of rare items, a small phial of salve - The Essence of Steel. He poured out the single drop that it contained, which brought up a menu, from which he selected the last enhancement slot. "One more slot of thorns, and this will serve as a perfect alternative for my defensive damage piece." He set aside a few other promising mundane items for the racks around his shop and put the rest in the bargain bin. "Someone will buy them eventually."

Edited by Shield

"Heyo." Teion slipped into the familiar Merchant shop on the eleventh floor, just hours before its owner would have likely departed for the twenty-third floor. "Sorry, last-minute request." She took on a crooked smile of apology, already working to open a trade window. While her spirits were higher than average, the nervous energy buzzing about inside of her was just like her first and last boss fight. She had heard rumors that Bialas was considered 'easy', at least compared to some of the past.

She typed in the number of col listed beside the general stock items she intended to purchase before sending the request off to Shield. "Thanks again. I'll see you there."

Ordering +2 T2 Field Rations, +1 T3 Field Rations
Sent 2,310 col to Shield

• 1 month later...

Walking into the shop once again, to get some more materials again, from the shop owner that he knew was ready at hand. “Hey, Shield! I’m in need of materials once again. It’d like to stock up on T1 Materials, I’d like 40 of the to be specific, that should be 13200 Col, right? This should be enough then” he said and sent over the Col to Shield as payment for the materials. With this, Macradon would be able to continue his long crafting sessions, getting the requests crafted for his patrons, so they don’t have to wait for way too long.

-13200 Col

Sending 40 T1 Materials to Macradon

Transferring 1,200 Col to Banker

This was not the first massive load of materials Macradon had ordered, and Shield knew it would likely not be the last. He looked over the information of the transaction before selecting the option to accept. "It's always a pleasure doing business," he said, counting out the materials and sending them to Macradon in return. "How near are you to maxing out your profession? You seem to have been very close for a long time."

He waved farewell and returned to tending his shop, polishing the display cases where his unique finds sat on display. "It's a shame nobody has felt the need to pick any of these up, but I suppose they'll find homes someday."

Edited by Shield
  • 3 weeks later...

Pinball jogged back through the shop, mentally reviewing the list of things he had to buy. He had recently come into more money than he was used to, and, knowing his way of fighting, figured it wouldn't hurt to stock up on some more Teleportation Crystals. He had never actually had to teleport away from a fight as of yet, but he had given two of the three he had bought previously away to people who probably needed them more. "Hey, man... I'm gonna need three- four more of those teleport crystal things. Sorry. Thank you." Pinball took a second, thinking something over. "And actually, I'll take one of those uhh - custom ambition tools? I think? Yeah. I'll take one of those. Not for me." Pinball removed the col from his inventory, offered an awkward wave, and scurried away. 

Buying: 

• [x4] Teleportation Crystal - 3,520 Col 
  • [x1] Custom Ambition Tool - 880 Col 
    • The Blacksmith's Dream: A simple yet wonderfully crafted hammer. Holding it embues the wielder with thoughts of greater things. 

-4,400 Col

Selling Pinball x4 teleportation crystals, x1 ambition tool

-4000 Col to Banker

Shield raised his hand to greet Pinball, opening his mouth only to have his words cut short by the rushed player. He hurried to prepare the items, handing them over just in time to watch Pinball turn and hurry out the door. Shield raised his eyebrows and then shook his head. "Good to see you too, Pin. Glad I could help," he chuckled to himself. Turning back to his stock, he continued sorting out his newly acquired items.

In the glass tank up front, Norbert, his retired snapping turtle familiar, swam lazily, snapping up bits of algae. Shield watched him from time to time, glad that the once disgruntled reptile was happy again. "Better suited to the water, aren't you, buddy?"

Edited by Shield
  • 5 weeks later...

Black decided that he needed something extremely useful to his cause of becoming a better chef. He knew he had to go to a place that had the supply to meet his demand. "Everything is an investment. If you can't invest in yourself. Who's going to invest in your cooking!" Black stormed in with dynamic flair in a Chef's Apron and tied his headband across his head with over-the-top energy. He walked inside and grabbed the custom tool that he needed for gaining EXP and paid the amount for it. "I promised myself to be the best Chef in all of Aincrad! So, I'll definitely be needing this!" He cast a wry grin towards the merchant as he took his item, leaving the Col on the table. "Look forward to some more meals becoming available at the front lines!"

-880 Col for Custom Crafting Tool

Buying 1 x Custom Ambition Tool

OOC: I'll transfer the funds to you in just a minute, after I make the post.

Spoiler

ID:          107369a
Tier:       1
Type:     Potion
Quality: Rare

ID:          107369b
Type:     Potion

ID:          107371
Type:     2 Hand Assault Spear

Cost: 1000 Col to Banker, 200 Col to Shield

The journey had been less than pleasant to get to this shop. The floor was too, something. It wasn't the heat that bothered Mutsu. It was the humidity. And the fact that she was smart enough to know that drawing aggro on anything on her way to the shop would be pretty stupid, so she had been forced to forego any farming on the journey. And she was sweating. Some sweat in places she didn't know she had. More sweat in places no woman should have to sweat. As in ever.

"Compound's big enough," she muttered to herself, eyeing the area that Shied had set up as his shop. "I wonder if he's compensating for something." Still grousing, she pushed open the door to the shop and walked in. "You the merchant doing the free upgrade of rare unidentified weapons and armor to perfect quality at no charge? No lies, will be pretty mad at... someone if you're not. I have some things I need a merchant to look at."

Buying from stock:

3 spyglasses - 2400 Col
1 Custom Ambition Tool - 800 Col

Total Shop Costs: 3200 Col

Identifying:

1.1 107369a1 107543 BD: 8 CD: 8 LD: 2 - Vitality
2.1 107369b1 107545 BD: 3 CD: 7 LD: 5 - Protein
3.1 1073711 107546 BD: 3 CD: 10 LD: 6 - Accuracy
3.2 1073712 107547 BD: 1 CD: 13 LD: 1 - Taunt

Shield welcomed Itzal, handing over the spyglasses. "I'm surprised you took so long to start buying these. As soon as they were released, I figured you'd be all over them!" he gave a nod to his fellow Ascendant before noticing a few new faces.

The first hardly needed an introduction and had selected the desired item before even approaching the counter. Shield took the payment and gave a nod. "Best of luck in your crafting. Daresay we need more players doing the hard work of providing items."

The player behind the flamboyant chef was another unfamiliar one, but he gave a nod of greeting as was customary for him. "I am, as long as I have the correct items in stock to make the trade." He looked at the items Mutsu handed over and gave a slight frown. "Unfortunately, these items are not in high demand. Keeping the equivalent in stock is difficult, because there's just so little demand at this point. I do apologize. I will, however, get right to work identifying them."

He took down his golden scales that Hermes had granted him and set the first of the consumables on it. Tapping the magnifying glass icon, he watched as the readout began to scroll in front of him. "Looks like it's got a minor Vitality boost on it... and this one has Protein. That's quite a good find actually, since Protein maxes out at this quality as it is. Not bad." He took out the spear and laid it across the balance. The scale did not move, which told him immediately that there were no unique enhancements. Still, he continued with the transaction. "Looks like this has Taunt and Accuracy. Perhaps not the useful combination, but accuracy and protein would make a decent combination for a DPS. Just be careful not to pull too much agro with the Taunt." He waved to his new patrons and turned to arranging his new stock.

Edited by Shield
  • 4 weeks later...

OOC: Same as last time, I'll transfer the col in just a second.

"Excellent," Mutsu declared, grabbing the items and quickly adding them to her inventory. The new weapon was going to be a vast improvement over the old one, that much was for sure. Pulling up her inventory she swiped through menus before materializing a piece of armor that appeared to be gauntlets of some sort or another. She placed the pair of glove-like items down on the counter top with a heavy thunk, then added another pair of unidentified rare consumables on the counter next to the gauntlets. "While I'm here I think I'll go ahead and have these identified too. The consumables are rares and the gauntlets have three slots, so they're perfect. Or so the system says. But I don't know what enhancements they have."

Spoiler

ID:          108752
Type:     Heavy Armor, 2 Consumables
Quality: Perfect Armor, Rare Consumables

Edited by Mutsu
Spoiler

Identifying Items:

Item Name: Spined Carapace
ID: 108784 | 108786 | 108787
Roll: BD:10, CD:7, LD:19 | LD:16 | LD:10
Type: Heavy Armor
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Damage Mitigation II, Thorns I
Description: A set of heavy plate mail with a light etching of a tortoise shell design covering the back and heavy spikes protruding from the shoulders. Over the left breast is an extra protective plate shaped like a heater shield held in place by leather straps.

Item Name: Over-Health Crystal
ID: 108789
Roll: LD:18
Type: Consumable
Enhancements: Over-Health
Description: A clear, colorless crystal encased in silver detailing

Item Name: Damage Recovery Potion
ID: 108788
Roll: LD:8
Type: Consumable
Enhancements: Damage Recovery
Description: A green tincture in a round, stout phial.

Shield waved to greet @Mutsu, and he took down his golden scale that he had received from Hermes and set it on the counter. One at a time, he loaded Mutsu's items onto it, tapping the item to summon the appropriate menu and selecting the magnifying glass to run identification on it. The armor took a while to identify, but little by little the enhancements revealed themselves. "Two slots of mitigation and one of Thorns. This is a good find for someone who is looking for a good split of offense and defense."

Next were the consumables which he quickly handed back. "Over-Health and Damage Recovery. Hold onto those. They'll be a big help if the armor doesn't work as well as anticipated."

Edited by Shield

Zandra was heading to her old friends store. She had decided to try out another build. She wasnt sure but as far as she knew, not many players out there was using the warhammer. She wanted to bring it out In a way that would make ppl want to use it. But to make full use of it, it would be nice to get a shield as well. So she had headed to Shield that hopefully had one in store. She greeted Shield as she enteted the shop and looked thru what he jad to offer. And actually, he did have what she was looking for. Sadly it was a tier two. Even if she had prefered a t3, this didnt mattered that much in this case. "Yo Shield. I would like this shield. The venoming of my enemy shield." she said and sent the col to him.

after getting the shield Zandra bowed and thanked him before she left with a good bye and a big smile on her lips.
-10,000 col
+The venoming of my enemy

Neo walked into the shop once more. She had forgotten that she had the items in her inventory, and was realizing just how badly she wanted to get them identified. It was probably going to take a miracle to get the items that she wanted, but a miracle would come if she just kept trying for one. If not, at least she gave it a try. That and she knew Shield wouldn't try to scam her into a worse deal. He was fair, and she even brought a long a little bit of extra stuff she wanted to donate to him. Once she had the chance to, she sent him a message with her order and brought out the gear.

Spoiler

To ID:

ID:          [109035b] [109035c]
Tier:       3
Type:     Rapier
Quality: Perfect

To Donate:

ID:          [106556a]
Tier:       3
Type:     Armor/Shield
Quality: Perfect

Cost: 2625 * 2 = 5250 - 1000 (Halved banker fee) = 4250

Spoiler

Craft Results:

Item Name:    Raider-Ade
ID:    109072 | 109087
Roll:    LD:3 | LD:16
Tier:    3
Type:    Food
Quality:    Perfect
Enhancements:    Vitality II, Over-Health I
Description:    A tasty blue beverage to keep you going

Item Name:    Over-Health Crystal
ID:    109074
Roll:    LD:17
Type:    Crystal
Enhancements:    Over-Health III
Description:    A clear, colorless crystal encased in silver detailing

Item Name:    Yes Whey
ID:    109075 | 109089
Roll:    LD:6 | LD: 1
Enhancements:    Protein II, Vitality
Description:    A protein shake with a little kick

Item Name:    No Whey
ID:    109077 | 109090 
Roll:    LD:1 | LD:6
Type:    Consumable
Enhancements:    Vitality II, Protein
Description:    A protein shake with a LOT of kick

Item Name:    Damage Potion
ID:    109079
Roll:    LD:14
Type:    Potion
Enhancements:    Damage III
Description:    A red tincture in a stout, conical phial.

Item Name:    HP Recovery Potion
ID:    109080
Roll:    LD:7
Enhancements:    HP Recovery III
Description:    A green tincture in a round, stout phial.

Item Name:    Damage Potion
ID:    109081
Roll:    LD:13
Enhancements:    Damage III
Description:    A red tincture in a stout, conical phial.

Item Name:    Steroid O's
ID:    109082 | 109085
Roll:    LD:5 | LD:16
Enhancements:    Protein II, Over-health I
Description:    A savory cereal that really pumps *clap* you up!

Neo's Rapiers

Item Name:    Heart Seeker
ID:    109065 | 109066 | 109067
Roll:    LD:5 | LD:11 | LD:6
Type:    Rapier
Enhancements:    Accuracy II, Bleed I
Description:    A rapier with a long, serrated tip. The basket guard has an etched design of a shield.

Item Name:    Dueling Bruiser
ID:    109068 | 109069 | 109071
Roll:    LD:6 | LD:11 | LD:2
Enhancements:    Accuracy I, Bleed I, Taunt I
Description:    A very flashy blade with serrated edges to taunt an enemy and open bleeding wounds. The basket guard has an etched design of a shield.

Shield gave Neo a nod and took down his golden scales from the shelf. He laid the first rapier on the balance and frowned. The scale heads did not move. He sighed and tapped the magnifying glass icon, watching as the item stats were displayed for him. "It looks like this first one is accuracy and bleed. This will be a good weapon to use if you and I are adventuring together to avoid stun-lock while still getting in some decent bleed damage, but nothing super special," he said, passing it over the counter to Neo before taking the second one. He laid it on the balance and again the heads did not move. This one had a very similar readout, though with one key difference. "I'm not going to lie, Neo. This is a bad sword for you. It has taunt, which means it's going to be drawing a lot of extra attention your way, which is not what you want."

While his scales were at the ready he set a few of his consumables on them, checking to see what they were. A few of them he set aside for Beat and a few for himself, but the rest he put in a drawer to be sorted and displayed.

Edited by Shield

As Shield quickly identified the items, Neo watched as his scales didn't move. She had a feeling that they were what edtermmined whether or not one of the more special enhancements was on the weapon, though this was her first time actually getting something identified by him. She took the first rapier, knowing it would be nice to not have to go to Macradon at the very least when she finally reached the next tier. The other one she left on the counter and sent a message to Shield saying that she would like to sell it. She wasn't expecting much more than just a junk sell for it, as the enhancements on it were extremely mismatched for nearly any build she could think of. 

Items Picked Up:

Spoiler

Item Name:    Heart Seeker
ID:    109065 | 109066 | 109067
Roll:    LD:5 | LD:11 | LD:6
Enhancements:    Accuracy II, Bleed I
Description:    A rapier with a long, serrated tip. The basket guard has an etched design of a shield.

Items being sold:

Spoiler

Item Name:    Dueling Bruiser
ID:    109068 | 109069 | 109071
Roll:    LD:6 | LD:11 | LD:2
Enhancements:    Accuracy I, Bleed I, Taunt I
Description:    A very flashy blade with serrated edges to taunt an enemy and open bleeding wounds. The basket guard has an etched design of a shield.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruby had taken a deep breath, she looked down at the blade... one last of its existence that has been yet to be identified. Not many has ever been seen, presumably because of the unidentifieds could of made the weapon not as good but... she had one chance and she had prayed to everything and RNG in hopes that this one blade would end up at least decent. She had walked up to Shield's merchant shop and placed the blade onto his counter and told him "There is one last one Shield, please help me. And lets just hope this ends up to be at least decent. I really need to fix my build and I am hoping this is just enough inspiration to get me to fix this messy build." she had then placed down on the counter the col to pay for it to be identified.

Spoiler

ID:          Event Item: Shi's Talon
Tier:       2
Type:     Weapon
Quality: Perfect - Absolute Accuracy / Unidentified / Unidentified

-2625 Col

Emerath made his way into the shop of someone that he had heard many adventurers call knowledgeable and experienced. The trip had been a bit of a journey, and in all honesty he hadn't really made the trip for even that great of a deal or sale, but he had been able to finish a couple points on his Floor 11 map, so it was at least worth it for that. As he stepped inside, he waited until the man behind the counter had a free moment, and then he placed two consumables on the table. "Two Unidentified T1 Rare Consumables for you. I don't need identification, I simply wish to sell them off, if you'll take them," Emerath explained with a polite smile.

**Item Details**

Spoiler

ID:          109766a
Tier:       T1
Type:     Consumable - Your Choice
Quality: Rare

----------------

ID:          109766b
Tier:       T1
Type:     Consumable - Your Choice
Quality: Rare