[R5 Appraiser - Closed For Renovations] - Everyday Miracles - SELLING UNIQUES

Shield's face remained impassive, despite the unusual circumstances of having Jonathan in his shop. The last time he could remember that happening was after the Son of Rohk quest ended when he had appraised the items for those front-liners who had completed the quest objectives. He glanced over the dialog box and hit the accept button. It was an odd trade, and one that did not greatly benefit him, but he knew enough from his recent interactions with the Paladin that Jonathan would not have come if he had other options. That thought, even as it passed through his mind, saddened him a great deal. It was the symptom of a dying guild. As much as he wished there was something he could do about it, in his current position, he was powerless to stop the Ascendants from imploding in on themselves. What was more, he had a feeling that outside of boss raids and the meetings leading up to them, he wouldn't see much of his fellow tank again.

"Best of luck-" was all he managed before Jonathan was out the door again. "Wherever you end up," he added to the empty room. He took one last look at the items he had traded for and stored them away for later identification.

[-8,000 Col]

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I walk into a familiar shop and takes 7 tier three immolation potions and smiles over towards the owner. hey Shield hope you are doing alright. Just buying some more for questing and all that. Probably one or two for grinding against mobs to get my COL back. Anyhow, hope you have a good day. I say just making some small chatter as i hand over the COL towards you that is required to buy the items that i wish and then makes my way out of the shop with a smile on my face as i head on back towards the main settlement's teleporter to get towards the first quest in a day of questing once more to catch up as fast as i can.

Buying- 7 Immolation potion tier 3 

Cost- 6930

It was quite an ambitious order, but Shield had taken out several others just like it. He gave a brief nod. "Very well. I hope they serve you well." He checked the Col amount quickly before dismissing the window and opening his shop inventory, transferring the potions to Hestia. "Be careful out there. I know us tanks have fewer things to worry about, but it still bears mentioning. I've ended up in plenty of situations that did not seem like a risk until I was right in the middle of things."

He gave her a wave before returning to his work. In the store front, where he massive aquarium served as the entire shop window, Norbert swam lazily, snapping at the bubbles on the top of the water. 

[-6300 Col, Sending Imolation Potions to @Hestia]

Edited by Shield

Good morning Shield! Ben called out as he entered the shop.  The service was always good here, so it was a good place for him to gear up.  I'm looking for a couple of things if you could help he said once he had the shop keeper's attention.  I have this armor to sell from some farming I was on- I haven't identified it yet, but I would rather save up my col for other things.  I also wanted to pick up an extra teleportation crystal.  Based on the prices on your sign... I think that means I owe you 630 col from that, right?  Unless unidentified armors can't be scrapped, which is something I'm not sure of. 

Spoiler

Benjamin gives <Unidentified T2 Rare armor/shield 99047>  to Shield

Shield waved a greeting to Benjamin and opened his shop inventory, scrolling down to Teleoprtation Crystals. He selected the first one and transferred it over to Benjamin in exchange for the Col and the armor. "Very well," he said, making notes as to the nature of the transaction. However, instead of selling the armor, he put it on display as an unidentified item. It was worth having in case someone felt like rolling the dice. "Thanks for stopping in. Take care of yourself out there."

As of yet, his option to sell unidentified gear to people for identification was not one that had taken off. The crafting and loot systems were always in flux, but he hoped that once the message got out that it was a viable option, more people might begin taking note.

[-800 Col, Sending Teleportation Crystal to @Benjamin Bookworm]

Edited by Shield
  • 2 weeks later...

Reinholt enters the merchant shop on the 11th floor. Guess I should get this weapon Pinball gave me identified. Might be something really nice. He thinks to himself, remembering the River Reaper had taken down to get it from. He smiles toward the shop owner and walks toward the counter.  "Lo, there. I have this weapon I need to get identified if it's not too much trouble." He says as he brings the item out of his inventory and sets it on the counter. He really hoped it had a unique enhancement on it, because that would be awesome. He smiles and goes and and pays for the service too.

Spoiler

ID:  99633
Tier:  1
Type: 2h straight sword
Quality: rare

Payment sent

Edited by Reinholt

Identifying

Item Name: Bee-Line Stinger
ID: 100608 | 100609
Roll: LD:3 | LD:1
Tier: 1
Type: Two-Handed Straight Sword
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Accuracy I, Taunt I
Description: A flashy golden blade with black banding on the hilt and grip. The tip has a notch along one edge like the barb of a stinger.

Shield slid the sword across the table and took down Hermes' Scales. Placing the sword onto the balance, he could tell right off the bat that it did not contain anything unique. He tapped the magnifying glass icon in the item's menu, and after a moment, he had his answer. "Accuracy and Taunt," he read aloud. "That is an unfortunate combination. Very few builds have need of that."

He discussed the weapon briefly with Reinholt before the two of them decided that it would be beck to hock it. He handed over a few Col to compensate him for the item before returning to his own stock, buying out a bundle of items for the purposes of preparation.

Buying/Selling

Buying Immolation Potions x 10

Buying Field Rations x 10

Buying Double Tent and Single Tent

Buying Water Canisters x 3

Buying 50 T1 Materials

[-35,200 Col]

Selling Bee Line Stinger

[Shield: +100 Col, Reinhold: +100 Col]

Edited by Shield
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that Vigilon was finally tier two, he would need to start getting some gear that had to do with such. He had a set of tier two light armor, but it just hadn't been identified yet. As a result, it was off to the merchants again. He knew exactly who to go to for this task. He at least had the col to pay for it, so... He made his way to the eleventh floor, and once he reached his destination, he entered the building. "Got another item for you to identify. Tier two this time, now that I've finally reached it." He handed the light armor over to the merchant.

Paid 375 Col to @Shield in advance

Paid 1500 Col to @Banker in advance

Identification form:

Spoiler

ID:          98696a
Tier:       2
Type:     Light Armor
Quality: Perfect

Shield gave @Vigilon a greeting wave as he entered the shop. Business had been slow, and as such he had not paid his shop much attention. Had it been in real space, there might be some cobwebs forming in corners, but the virtual nature of the space hid the lack of attention. Upon the request to identify the item in question, Shield took down Hermes' Scales from the shelf and set the piece of unidentified loot on the balance.

The scale remained stationary. "Nothing unique, I'm afraid. Let me see what specifically there is to find here." He tapped the item and selected from the menu the magnifying glass that signified identification. Three separate enhancements came up as the shape settled into a leather mantle with a simple silver clasp in front. "Hmm... This is an interesting piece. Though it does not excel in any one area, it is decent for a DPS build. It will shore up defenses, plus give you back small amounts of energy to keep up damage output." He handed the mantle over to its owner. "Perhaps not optimal, but a decent all-round armor for adventuring."

Item Name: Swift Endurance
ID: 101469 | 101470 | 101471
Roll: LD:18 | LD:11 | LD:5
Tier: 2
Type: Perfect Light Armor
Quality: T
Enhancements: Mitigation I, Evasion I, Recovery I
Description: A mantle of thick, flexible black leather. Though tough on the outside, the material is light and nonrestrictive of movement. It is closed in the front with a shield-shaped silver brooch.

Edited by Shield

Vigilon waited patiently as Shield identified the light armor. So there wasn't anything unique. Well, what else is new? Decent for a DPS? Good enough. When the light armor was handed back to Vigilon, he took a look at what the item was now. A black leather mantle with a silver brooch in the shape of a shield. It had Mitigation, Evasion, and Recovery. Basically what he had before, but slightly better in terms of Mitigation. It was also much cooler than his other light armor. "I can go with decent for the time being. thanks again." With that, he left the shop, wondering what the next day would bring him.

+ Swift Endurance(1 MIT, 1 EVA, 1 Recovery)

• 4 weeks later...

"Konbanwa, my friend." Baldur said as he pushed open the door. Shield has a large supply of identified items, and the gaijin was here to find what he needed. Identification was random, so it was a bit of a long shot but so few merchants had a stock.

"I'm here looking for... Ooh, this." Baldur pointed out the accuracy tea. "And it's even my favorite kind. 250 seems fair. Thank you for your help!"

+1 T1 Rare   250 Col   [92917] Accuracy

-250 col

Walking into the merchant shop, Macradon had come to pick up another portion of materials to get that grind going to get the crafts done for his customers. “Hey, Shield. I’m back for some materials again. I’ll need 30 Tier 1 materials. That’s 9900 Col, right?” he asked, handing over a small pouch of Col. A small amount to pay to help new players get up through the levels. With the help of Merchants for appraisals, basic consumables and crafting materials, everything was much more streamlined through the process of getting equipment for newer players and higher leveled players as well.

-9900 Col

Shield lifted his head as Macradon entered, raising a hand in greeting to the familiar face. "Not a problem," he said, glancing in his at hand inventory. "I'll need to transfer them from storage. Hold on." Moving the funds from the purchase into the shop inventory, he took the corresponding amount out of coal and metals out of storage for use in the forge and transferred them to Macradon. "That should do you. Do you need any Tier Three while we're at it? I happen to have a lot of them on hand after my last fishing trip." He raised his eyebrow, curious for a response, though not expectant else the other player likely would have said so.

[-9000 Col, -30 T1 Materials]

Shield would do the thing he usually did and sold Macradon the materials he could get a hold of as per usual. Awaiting the short wait time for Shield to be able to send them over, Macradon would just stand there in his shop, rocking back and forth before he got a small notification that he had been sent some materials. Smiling, Macradon would thank Shield “Thanks, bud. Appreciate the work you do” he said and was about to leave, but was interrupted when Shield asked him a question “Nay, I’m still in high stock of those, so it doesn’t seem like I will be needing any more soon” he said with a smile and waved “Cya later!” he said and left the shop.

The boss fight wasn’t that far away, and Zandra, as the top alchemist, had a pretty important task to craft the required potions and crystals. Thou she found out yesterday that she was almost out of tier 3 materials. And her tier 2 was running low as well. On the boss meeting she thougth that Shield had said he had it for sale, maybe even donate some. So she head to his merchant store, ready to spend a lot of col. Well, that she had plenty off. ‘’Hello shield. I would like to buy some stuff. And also pick up any t3 materials you wanna donate for the boss fight.’’

Spoiler

3x Field rations +2
3x Immolation potion +2
3x Blank dungeon map t3
3x Blank dungeon map t2
3x Blank dungeon map t1
50x t2 materials
50x t3 materials
Donated t3 materials

Neo walked into the store still wearing her chef's apron. She hadn't bothered to take it off, hoping it would at least help in communicating what she was looking for. It didn't help that she didn't know precisely what she was looking for. She glanced around the shop, seeing all the amazing wares that were up for sale.

I doubt I could use half of these, rumor has it that the shop's owner is one of the top people on the front lines. If that is the case, most of this gear will be way out of my level.

Neo was looking to possibly buy some materials, but wasn't sure if there was anything else hat she should get while she was already here. She had brought what unidentified item she had, but didn't know if this was the place to have it checked or not.

Shield gave a nod to Zandra, looking over her order and carefully setting the items to the side. Once they were all selected in his inventory, he transferred them, checking and double checking the costs. On top of the order, he added in half of the Tier 3 crafting materials he had pledged at the boss raid meeting. "Let me know if there's anything else you need."

Behind Zandra, an unfamiliar player entered the shop. There were a lot of different things on display, and to someone who had not been in before, it might be a little intimidating. He stepped out from behind the counter and approached her. "Welcome. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Edited by Shield

Neo was hailed, and was glad that she had brought a pad of paper with her. She nodded and quickly began writing down exactly what she was looking for. Moments later, she tore off the piece of paper and handed it to the shopkeeper. On the paper was written in clear handwriting, "I'm looking for some materials for my restaurant and I heard this is where you can get them. If tis isn't where, I ask that you please direct me to where I do need to go. You seem busy so I don't want to bother you any longer than I need to."

Shield looked at the paper and gave a short nod. "My adventuring companion is a cook, so I've gotten pretty used to filling his orders. Slight variations here, but for the most part, this should be no problem." He brought up his store menu, transferring items back and forth until he had amassed everything on the list. "There you are. Not a problem." He sent the items in bulk over to Neo, making note that he had given out all of the materials now that he had planned to donate towards the boss fight. "Looks like you two are gonna be it regarding my pledge. If you have more that you need though, feel free to contact me. I'm sure we can come to an arrangement."

Tyonis stepped into the shop with no small amount of trepidation. Businessmen and lawyers were among the people he hated the most in real life, so he had no small prejudice against them in Aincrad either. But, he'd come in urgent need adventuring supplies. There was simply no way to get around the fact that he was ill equipped for survival and treking out of the safe zones. He could do for a little bit of time, but he wasn't willing to risk his livelihood on a chance he didn't have to take.

"Hello?" He called out. "I'd like to make a purchase request: 1 Spyglass, 1 Tent, 1 Teleport Crystal, and 1 set of Custom Ambition Tools for a Blacksmith."

Word Count: 119

Total Cost: 880(Spyglass)+440(Tent)+880(Teleportation Crystal)+Custom Ambitions Tool(880)=3000 Col

Edited by Tyonis