[F2-PP] Long Live The Queen [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 75680: BD: 8 (5+3)

Basic Attack on #1: 9 dmg -1 EP +1 EP

EP: [5/22]

Beat was now enjoying himself, conserving the remainder of his energy for the finally when they were within the health point range so he could down them all at once. For farming items and money, it made the most sense. His eyes darted between the frightened wasps, determining which one was healthier. He wanted to get them all to around the same level to avoid downing them individually on accident. 

"Hmm, well the nice thing is that there are options for non-tank players. Evasion helps a lot. They can't damage you if they can't hit you." 

Beat ran up and grabbed one of the lower flying wasps by the leg. He pulled harshly, slamming the creature into the ground, stepping on its face as he ran over it. He was toying with them now, wishing he had something to replenish his energy supply. He was sure he had seen recipes in his cookbook for that. 

"Without their queen, they're even more disorganized."

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shield

Spoiler

Action: Howl

Mobs

Spoiler

[Elite Drone 1 - HP 70/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75683 results: MOB: 1 + 3 = 4 - Miss
[Elite Drone 2 - HP 68/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75684 results: MOB: 2 + 3 = 5 - Miss
[Elite Drone 3 - HP 37/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75685 results: MOB: 6 + 3 = 9 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg

As Beat continued to pick their life points apart, they continued to lose heart. Only one of them managed to even hit Shield. The other veered off-course before they could strike, apparently losing their nerve. Although they were in no real danger, they needed to keep the pressure on. Despite being skittish, they did seem to respond to taunting. It was the only thing that had kept the creatures attacking.

"Keep taunting them, Beat!"

Shield took to banging with his spear again, running away from the wasps to draw their focus. He was running out of insults, so he ended up falling back on an old story that he had read as a child.

"Old Tomnoddy, all big body,
Old Tomnoddy can’t hurt me!
          Attercop! Attercop!
                Down you drop!
You'll never catch me up your tree!"

They're a little different from Mirkwood spiders, but I'm sure old Bilbo would approve.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75687: BD: 8

Basic attack against #2 for 9 damage -1 EP +1 EP

EP: 5/22

If it was one thing Beat was known for in Crossreign, it was trash talk. He hadn't expected his taunts to actually affect an AI, but sure enough, the more they taunted them, the more aggressive they seemed to become. Beat quickly ran forward and leaped through the air, tackling on of the wasps to the ground. He straddled the creature's upper segment and palmed it harshly in the head. While it was stunned Beat took the opportunity to talk trash. 

"I'm going to pop your head off like I did your king's." 

If the wasp had possessed a brow, it would have folded in on itself. The wasp furiously flapped its wings, pushing Beat off, laughing at the reaction he had gotten out of it. 

"Oh come on! It isn't like you guys use them! Baaaahahahaha!"

He looked at the wasp who had managed to toss him off and ran his finger across his neck slowly. The wasp turned towards Shield and moved away, apparently intimidated. Beat's laughter rang in the creature's ears as it focused on the tank. 

Edited by Beat

Shield

Spoiler

Mobs

Spoiler

[Elite Drone 1 - HP 56/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75689 results: MOB: 3 + 3 = 6 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg
[Elite Drone 2 - HP 59/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75690 results: MOB: 9 + 3 = 12 - Hit! (10 + 1) * 2 = 22 dmg -16 Mit
[Elite Drone 3 - HP 23/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75691 results: MOB: 6 + 3 = 9 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg

The derision on the parts of both players seemed to have a significant impact on the AI. As Shield motioned to them to make their attack, their black, many-faceted eyes glinted and all three wasps charged in. Their legs grasped frantically at Shield's limbs, trying to grab on tight to dig their barbed natural weapons into the object of their hate.

"That's more like it!" Shield crowed, looking around at the creatures fastened onto him. "Now show me that you're not a bunch of weaklings!"

Three puncture marks were punched into his digital body, shimmering light leaking out from each spot as the creatures pulled their stingers out of the wounds. Two of the attackers' life bars had drained in the course of the attack. One had not.

That seems to be about the best we can manage, for now.

He studied their gauges, trying his best to estimate how soon they would be low enough to finish off at once.

One is already there. The other two... might take a little work...

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75712: BD: 7 (4+3)

Basic attack against # 2: Dmg: 9 -1 EP +1 EP

"woah, not cool guys. Take him to dinner first or something. Jeez" 

Beat rushed the group of wasps now simply mounting their target. It was a good strategy to try and keep Shield in place while they assured their attacks would hit. The issue was that Shield's number worked for him and against them, meaning they had no chance, no matter how many times they stabbed him. As Beat neared the group, he moved directly behind on of them and suplex the creature. It squealed in pain as Beat mockingly danced away, hands and feet moving evasively, not that they would attack him. 

"Come on big guy, I bet you'll have better luck with me."

Beat's taunts would go unanswered, his maneuvers serving only to entertain himself as the wasps continued their futile attack. HE scanned their life bars, noticing that two were far better of then the other. 

"Those two are going to take a while. Stupid energy limits. Really puts a damper on the fun."

Edited by Beat

Shield

Spoiler

Mobs

Spoiler

[Elite Drone 1 - HP 42/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75714 results: MOB: 8 + 3 = 11 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg
[Elite Drone 2 - HP 50/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75715 results: MOB: 1 + 3 = 4 - Miss
[Elite Drone 3 - HP 9/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75716 results: MOB: 5 + 3 = 8 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg

Shield bided his time, watching the health bars slowly diminish. The assailant that had been peeled away from him quickly returned, though the blow that Beat had dealt to its head seemed to have knocked off its equilibrium. It stumbled around as its hairy legs gripped onto Shied's arm, attempting to find good purchase to strike.

It wound up, rearing its fat bottom section back and swinging it like a club, driving the point at Shield's chest. Its stinger, however, snagged on the corner of his target's shield, failing to even connect with anything else. Its health bar remained stationary.

"Beat, do you have any one-target sword arts you could use more than once?" he called out. "One's gonna pop any second now! I say you finish another one off after and we wail on the last one until it kicks!"

This was a little outside of their usual attack pattern, but this battle had dragged on long enough. He was eager to end it.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75717: BD: 8 (5+3) 

Basic attack against #2: Dmg: 9 -1 Ep +1 EP

Beat sighed as he hated how little his basic attacks did. THey were adding up, but the creatures were not always being damaged by the thorns effecto f Shield's armor and, while they posed no threat, they were beginning to annoy him.

They just don't quit!

"I really don't! These lower levels suck for DPS it seems. You run out of energy far too fast when fighting enemies that are worth anything."

Beat grit his teeth and pulled another wasp off of Shield, glaring at it before belting it across the face. The stupid creature staggered a moment before pretending nothing had happened and returned to attacking the tank. Beat put his hand on his head and laughed. 

"Man I need to do more damage! Even with your offensive armor, they're stubborn. I do feel like these guys are a little unique though. PLus, Area of Effect sword arts are more draining than other sword arts. I can see that some research is required."

Edited by Beat

Shield

Spoiler

Mobs

Spoiler

[Elite Drone 1 - HP 42/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75718 results: MOB: 10 + 3 = 13 - Hit! (10 + 2) * 2 = 24dmg - 16 Mit
[Elite Drone 2 - HP 27/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75719 results: MOB: 3 + 3 = 4 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg
[Elite Drone 3 - HP 0/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75720 results: MOB: 5 + 3 = 8 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg [DEAD]

Loot: 6 + 5 = 11 = 1,000 Col + 1 Material

With one last lift of its thorax and a plunging of its stinger, the first of the drones let out a screeching wail and burst into a shower of shining crimson. Angered by the death of its companion, the rage of which only compounded the anger at the loss of the queen, the remaining two struck as hard and as many times as they could.

The first, digging in deep, actually managed to continue to avoid damage. The second, however, was beginning to dip dangerously low in its health meter.

"Not long now! Fewer targets, fewer health gauges to worry about!"

After the battling bugs had made their attempts, Shield grabbed the healthier of the two by the antennae and glanced over in Beat's direction.

"Batter up!"

Winding up, he lobbed the creature overhand, swinging it by the antennae and releasing it so that its buzzing confusion was headed right for Beat.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75722: BD: 7 (4+3)

Basic attack against #2: Dmg: 9 -1 Ep +1 EP

Beat smiled as one of the insects finally met its end. He wondered if perhaps it was best to single them out after a certain point. He figured he would consider an alternative strategy in future fight since the two targets were nearing kill range. His eyes were immediately directed toward the weaker of the two remaining targets. 

"The low one is within kill range for my flash kick. Just gotta work on the other one a little more!" 

With that, Beat took the liberty of using the wasp's lower thorax as a punching bag, sending a small volley of punches into it, evoking a screech from his victim. He chuckled as he dodged in and out of range, getting between it and Shield, frustrating the creature to no end as it buzzed angrily in its attempts to maneuver around the mobile Beat. 

"Nope, you go where I say you go. I wanna dance, come on!" 

Edited by Beat

Shield

Spoiler

Mobs

Spoiler

[Elite Drone 1 - HP 19/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75724 results: MOB: 5 + 3 = 8 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg
[Elite Drone 2 - HP 13/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75725 results: MOB: 8 + 3 = 11 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg

Shield whooped in triumph, using the celebratory call as a means to inflame the waspish ire of their foes.

"You're looking pretty shaky, you little buggers!"

The battle was finally coming to a head. Both health bars had dipped deep into the red, and they rallied for what would likely be their final attack. Shield welcomed them, quite literally, with open arms. They struck, and both health bars fell to next to nothing, trickles of red fractals drifting through the air as they limped through the air away from their target.

"Got them nice and warmed up for you, Beat!"

Using his shield like a shovel, he scooped them one at a time out of the air so that they were both stuck struggling to free themselves. With a heave, he flung them overhand at Beat.

"This fight has dragged on long enough! Let's end this excuse for a combat and get ourselves home!"

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75727: BD: 8 (5+3) 

Basic attack against #1: Dmg: 9 -1 Ep +1 EP

Beat watched the Shield's armor deal the blow that signaled the ending blow before he tossed the two helpless insects towards him. He grinned as his left leg glowed white in anticipation. He leaped into the air and began his Sword art when he quickly realized that one of them had managed to correct its path away and back towards Shield. He canceled the art and decided to let Shield determine the end if the numbers allowed it.

"Cheeky punks!" 

Beat caught the remaining target in midair and sent his fist deep into it's thorax. A purple fluid flew from behind its mandibles as it slumped, nearly dead. Beat turned it in his hand and tossed the poor wasp back, stinger first. 

"Looks like they like you Shield! They won't let me have my fun today!"

Beat was hoping his aim was true, knowing that the damage it would inflict would not even register on Shield's health bar. This was a victory lap at this point. 

Edited by Beat

Shield

Spoiler

Mobs

Spoiler

[Elite Drone 1 - HP 0/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75734 results: MOB: 3 + 3 = 6 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg [DEAD]

LD: 14 + 5 = 19 - 1000 Col +2 Material

[Elite Drone 2 - HP 0/200, ACC +3, Dmg 20] ID# 75735 results: MOB: 6 + 3 = 9 - Hit! 20dmg - 16 Mit, 14 thorns dmg [DEAD]

LD: 10 + 5 = 15 - 1000 Col +1 Material

As what was intended to be the final blow failed to deliver the flashiness that Beat had become so known for, the two determined wasps about-faced and latched right back on to Shield. He rolled his eyes, and as the drones took their time picking out spots to strike, Shield wrapped his arms around the both of them and bear-hugged them to his sides. Their stingers sunk into him just as both of their bodies exploded into bright pixels, and the last of Shield's wounds melted away.

"That took entirely too long," Shield observed, reaching up to scratch his chin. "Not that I mind a knock-down, drag-out match here and there, but these creatures didn't even pose a threat. It's as if we are both above and below our current ability level by being here. A very strange place to be..."

He dismissed the rewards menu from their victory and plopped down on the ground, as Beat would almost certainly need a rest.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75738: LD: 18 (15+3) = 1 T1 mat found (5 Total)

Beat rolled his shoulder as he walked over and gave the now damage dealing tank a fist bump before joining him on the ground for a well earned rest. IT had been a while since a fight had really dragged out that long and Beat knew it had lasted a while since even he had begun to feel the arduousness of it. 

"It is, multiple enemies pose issues at lower levels since area of effect arts take double the amount of energy. I feel like a single, more powerful enemy would have been a more reasonable feat in terms of combat length and difficulty." 

He leaned back, bracing himself on the ground with his hands as he let out a sigh of relief. He immediately noticed how much quieter the buzzing had become now that the queen was dead, leaving them alone in a room full of honeycomb. His left hand had rested on something protruding from the ground and he was pleased to find that it was another piece of useful honeycomb. He added the item to his menu as he spoke. 

"I don't mind the grind honestly, you know that, but that was just a little much. THink higher floors would be better or worse?"

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 75739 results: Loot: 4 + 5 = 9 - No Materials (1 total)

At the posing of such a question, Shield's expression became grim. He had never been much to smile frequently, but this was beyond simply looking unhappy. His eyes darkened, and his mouth took on a deep scowl.

"You know what the upper level battles were like in Crossreign," Shield reminded him. "Long, and grueling. You remember the Crimson Witch?"

He was certain Beat would. That was the only time their two guilds had ever been on the same side of a fight. The raid had taken hours. Long enough that those who died in the beginning were able to wait out their cool-down timers and rejoin the battle.

"I would imagine they'll be a lot like that, only much more dangerous. For obvious reasons."

Shield had never seen any real combat before. For that matter, he had never been in a physical altercation before his wife had assaulted him with hot kitchen appliances, but the upper floors to him sounded like some distant war zone that he would have to brave to escape.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75746: LD 14 (11+3) = no mats found (5 total)

Beat's expression lost a good of the positivity it normally had. The Crimson Witch fight had actually been grueling enough to make Beat retreat to the real world for a couple of days. He had been known to do that on occasion simply because he had some responsibilities in the real world, but also because there were things in the real world that he was fond of. IT was never enough to keep him away, but Crossreign certainly had some issues that could ruin immersion at times. 

"Yeah, our guilds fought that monster for hours. What's funny is that the developers made that fight for us since we were the only two factions strong enough to take it on and even then, we had to do it together." 

He shook his head, hoping that Sword Art Online was not the same way or at least not to the same degree. Beat's positivity kicked back in as he recalled the after math of the fight. 

"OOO but remember the epic loot that thing dropped eventually? I got the crimson blade! That things was nasty!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 75744 results: Loot: 10 + 5 = 15 - +1 Material (2 total)

"I remember the crimson blade," Shield said, a little sigh escaping him at the memory of it. "Trust me, I probably spent more time analyzing its specs than you did. We had to find workarounds to keep your guild from keeping the upper hand.

He watched Beat's energy gauge in his party menu as they sat. They seemed to be spending a lot of time doing that these days.

I need to try to figure out a way to get him some Recovery items... This is beginning to become a significant part of our time here, and time is not unlimited...

As his mind wandered, so too did his hand along the ground, and just as he was starting to calculate whether it would be best to buy or tryt o craft said items, his hand closed on a piece of honeycomb as well.

"I'm glad there's no disease in this game, because I can't imagine how many times we walked over these items during that fight..."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75753: LD: 23 (20+3) = 1 T1 Mats found (6 total)

Rest [3/3] Energy full!

Beat chuckled as he recalled the numerous spies and information hunters coming after the specs of the Crimson Blade. it had certainly given him a particularly effective upperhand. The weapon was far superior to any other weapon in the game and because no one else could beat that particular raid, no one else ever obtained it. 

"Now see, I would totally switch to a weapon style if that thing was in this game." 

He looked at the Shield in the older player's hand, recalling a legendary item he had not been happy to contend with. 

"To be fair though, when you found that shield, the Demon Gate, I think that's when things got grindy for us. You could block almost everything and my offense was peerless. That's why Legendary items are dangerous. Too hard to balance in my opinion when skill is as much of a factor as it is here." 

He had been picking at the honey comb floor for a while now and he managed to unearth another valuable piece of honeycomb. He was surprised he had gotten as much as he had from the same source, but he wasn't complaining. He stood up as he watched his energy bar finish replenishing itself. 

"Energy is back if you're ready to head out." 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 75754 results: Loot: 20 + 5 = 25 - +1 Material (3 total)

Shield did not need to be told twice. He had a shop waiting for him full of a laundry list of appraisals, and he kept hearing rumors that players were planning on having their own items appraised when they had finished the quests they were currently on. Still, hearsay wasn't the same as business, so it was best for him to get back, chicken counting aside.

He pushed himself to his feet and stretched his shoulder before starting off down the same road they had taken into the forest. As they walked, Shield's eyes followed the trail and scanned the trees. Now that his shop was on his mind, the necessity for materials impressed itself on him. Fortunately, his luck seemed to be good on the back-swing after the battle, because not a five minutes of walking later, he spotted the same tree where he had first found a golden hunk of comb. The item had already respawned, and he grabbed it up greedily.

And here I thought I was destined to come back without having found a decent amount of material.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 75755: LD: 12 (9+3) = no mats found (6 total)

Beat watched the heavily armored player scoop up yet another material. They had both had a good measure of success throughout the trip. If you included the loot from the wasps soldiers, their respective shops would certainly be benefiting from their efforts. 

"Can't say we starved for materials when we go on these quests. I'm finally at a point where I'm starting to not burn food so my materials actually end up being worth something." 

As they walked, Beat's eyes rested on Norbert who had been remarkably calm since the fighting he ceased. For all he knew, that had been Norbert's first combat encounter, so he could understand the little reptile being tired. Be looked to Shield inquisitively as he asked his friend for a favor. 

"Hey Shield, do you mind if I borrow that Skill up ring you used to help you find your familiar? I hear good ones can be a pain to find so I'd like to give myself the best shot possible." 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 75757 results: Loot: 6 + 5 = 11 - No materials (3 total)

He took one last look around, hoping to capitalize on its bonus one more time before parting ways with the item, but just his luck, Shield couldn't find any materials lying around. Swapping some items around in his menu, he passed the Finder's Keeper over to Beat's inventory.

"I suppose it's not doing me a terrible amount of good at the moment," he admitted, looking through his material finds, since he was already in his inventory. "In combat and on quest goals, it seems to do alright, but outside of that, it doesn't seem to be doing me many favors. Hopefully it's as helpful to you as it was for me getting this guy."

With a dull slapping sound, Shield patted the carapace of his sleepy familiar. As they broke the tree line, they started to see buildings take shape on the horizon.

"Guess it's been a big day for him, huh?"

[-Finder's Keeper]

[Quest Rewards]

Both - The Matriarch's Stinger

Both - 6 SP (3 quest reward, 3 thread length)

Both - 3400 Col

Beat 10 mats (6 individual, 4 mob drops)

Shield 7 mats (3 individual, 4 mob drops)

Edited by Shield