[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

ID# 77265 results:

Battle: 9 (8+1 [Axe])

@Hydra: 355/715 | 46/70 [Concentration 1/5] (-169 DMG) [VICTORY! (Half-HP Duel: 355x2=710, 355 < Half of 715]
Mack: 864/1020 | 60/102 [Concentration: 2/5] (-12+1 EN) (+20 HP, Battle Healing)

[Screw Dimension: 13x1x13 = 169 DMG]

"You need to remain calm," Mack rumbled, batting aside Hydra's incoming strike with the back of his hand and causing the spear's head to sail well wide of it's intended target in his chest. "When you panic, you rush. When you rush, you get sloppy and miss," the Vice Commander continued in the same easy, if low, tone. There was no point in toying with Hydra, especially now that Mack had learned what he had wanted to learn from a duel in the first place. Namely that, for the time being, it was not combat effective to try and use both Martial Arts and Two-Handed Axe skills in the same fight. The fact that he would also be picking up a new weapon for his low-leveled twin was simply a happy bonus.

Inhaling and exhaling slowly, Mack raised the dark two-handed Axe of the Fallen over his head and locked in another high-powered sword art. With a grunt, he released the attack and tomahawked the axe over his head, slamming the weapon into Hydra's right shoulder with enough force to drive the smaller player to his knees. A moment later the haft of the weapon slammed into the ground releasing a small wave of force that launched Hydra from his knees to sprawl on his back once again.

As Hydra skidded to a stop there was a soft chime that told both players that the duel was over. Above Mack's head the word 'Winner' appeared. As it shimmered out of existence the towering axe man returned the weapon to his inventory and crossed to where Hydra was still on his back, offering one enormous hand to the defeated spearman to haul him to his feet. "I believe you owe me a weapon, I know someone that can use it and it's not me."

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soredell had finished up with equipping his gear, <<Stalker's Cloak>> and <<Jade Dragon>> he looked back into the castle. Players were streaming out of the castle, but there were still players not yet coming. "Hey come on guys! Let's get moving, we got a boss to beat!" He calls out to the players who haven't yet started to make their way out. Time was of the essence after all.

He begins scrolling through his inventory for the consumables he would need to bring to this battle. It would definitely be a major fight, and he wanted to be as prepared as he could be for this. As he does this, he sees @Khrysaor come out of the building in full gear. "Nice gear man. I have health potions, over health potions and damage boost potions, no crystals." He says in response to his offer. "This is gonna be a tough fight, and I'd rather fight it with someone I know. Someone I trust." He says, opening up his menu, and sending two requests. A party request and a friend request. "Let's do this." He says, waiting for Khrysaor's response.

---

NOTE: I've changed my mind on the position I'll be in. I'll be in whatever group @Khrysaor will be in.

Edited by Soredell

As Khrysaor waited for @Soredell's reply, he looked through his inventory to see if he had all the items and to see what skills he could boost up, and be hopefully ready to face the big bad boss. He heard Soredell say he has potions and when he looked at the gear he equipped, Khrysaor could not help but whistle. He certainly liked his buddies gear, and said, "Your gear looks good, too, and that is good you got potions. I just thought since you have just started out you might not be ready item wise, but it looks like I was wrong, you are pretty well prepared. So, this will be your first boss fight, right? I have had few but not many, so far I have completed i think it was 3 boss fights. I am sure you are going to love the thrill to fight as a team taking down one of those beasts."

Khrysaor then got a message asking for him to accept Soredell's friend and party requests. Without any thought, or thinking he accepted both of them, and thought, 'This certainly looks like a start of a great friendship and partnership. I am sure we will have many fun memories together to reminisce about.' He then continued on by saying, "Cool, it seems like we can party up together."

OOC: If you can could you try to place me with @Soredell in whatever group is available.

The battle was over within the next blow. A crippling shot sending Hydra crashing into the floor with a thunderous crack. For a moment the spearman lay there still, peering at the defeated mark above his head. He knew deep down he had expected it to go this way, although he wished he could have at least landed in a few more hits. In any case, a deal was a deal, reaching out the spearman accepted the lift up, although the pain still lingered forcing out a slight groan of pain as he got onto his feet. It took a few more moments for Hydra to come to grips once more with everything, finally letting out a sigh he nodded a weary smile returning to his face. "A deal is a deal, Lyrica's Fang is all yours. I just hope she serves its next user as well as she served me." The spearman opened up his inventory and withdrew the weapon, he whimsically looked at it for a moment, then laying it out flat in the palm of his hands held it out to the victor. "Well deserved. Thanks for the duel, I had never really experienced anything like that till now." Hydra understood where Mack was coming from, there was still a vast amount of improvement needed. For now, it appeared there was a cause for greater concern, many players had moved from the duel to another location. "I wonder what's going on?" Hydra mumbled rubbing his shoulder. "I hope we can duel again sometime, hopefully when I am stronger," He said turning back to @Mack and bowing his head in respect to the Vice Commander. 

- Lyrica's Fang [T1 Unique 1H spear] 

Edited by Hydra

Another boss was already hear. It wasn't very long ago that they'd just taken out Nerius, yet a couple weeks later here was another one. It's like the game was trying to mess with them just as they were nearing completion of the twentieth floor. This was already looking bad for the players. Most games the bosses would stay in their zones but some games had it where an event boss would roam into the city and destroy it unless the players could stop it. If this had been an ordinary game, Vargas might not have thought that that might become an actual problem eventually. "Count me in, I know I'm still weak for the most part but if there is anything I can do I'll do it," Vargas said with determination as he strode over to join Anemone near Beatbox. "I know I wasn't actually able to hold my own then, but this time," Vargas looked stern fast at Beatbox, "this time, I'll be covering you instead."

OOC: My preference will likely be Group 3. Let's hope my character's confidence isn't a death flag. Lol

Hakai nodded to Domarus as he wandered off to join the fight. She exited the building after him, taking a moment to equip her gear. As she glanced back up she noted Domarus in his fighting gear, making a very intimidating visage standing next to Zandra and that blonde, Ariel, who liked to cause trouble and drama. Hakai liked that about her, it made things more interesting. She wandered over to stand next to Domarus, an uncaring expression on her face. "If you dont mind, i'll join up with your group. Should be interesting to see how you fight." She stated, her hand falling to grip the hilt of her green and black katana. "Like i said before, all events have a payout. This one has an event boss." She said, looking straight ahead. Her fingers tapped on the hilt of her weapon, the action being the only thing that gave away that her calm exterior might not be entirely true. On the inside she just wanted to rip and shred things, it didn't matter what, but she had the self control necessary to hold back. Her green player crystal was a testament to that.

Spoiler

Level 36

HP: 720

EN: 72

DMG: 15 (R5 SA's= 16)

EVA: 3

Mit: 57

Blight: 2

Envenom: 2

Mods: 

Quick Change

Ferocity (Rank 5)

Equipment:

Manaei's Breastplate: 3 EVA

Eris Gauntlet: 54 Mit

Limbos Fang: Blight 2, Envenom 2

Nerius Strength: +30 Mit on activation, 3/3 Charges

At the Ready:

Limbos Fang V1: Bleed 2 Para 1

Limbos Fang V2: Para 2, Bleed 1

Taking slot 4, group 2

Edited by Hakai

Kasier had been sitting there zoning out the whole time. It happened quite a bit recently but sometimes, she would come back from her deep thinking at the most random times and then reenter into it. If she was in the real world, she would've definitely gotten it checked by now. However, this was not real life so any problems she thinks she has would definitely be herself and not an actual problem with her. She was introduced to Mina by Itzal in which she greeted the woman with a small nod, indicating that she recognized her existence despite how dazed she looked. After a few more talks and dancing and stuff of the sort, Kasier realized that something was going on and there appeared to be a boss fight that might begin soon. Perhaps that is why the players were all getting into groups and slots. It wasn't really that much of a surprise - an event such as this one was bound to have a boss fight that follows it to ruin the romantic mood. Although, Kasier had basically failed at giving that feeling to Itzal due to her lack of presence in mind. Kasier sighed, standing up as Itzal suggested that the two players joined the third group - a suggestion that Kasier definitely did not mind considering the fact that her last two boss fights were not spent by Itzal's side. "Alright then. Let's go there." Kasier stated, blankly, wondering if the players would be allowed to wear their gear now that there was an interruption to the valentine's event. She really hoped so because if they weren't... Oh boy - that might be some trouble for these players.

@Itzal

OOC: Not participating in the Boss Fight. Only want to grab some SP... and be creepy.

Tomas lounged, almost lazily, on the sill of one of the windows high up the wall of the main ballroom where the dance event was going on. The tall thin man, with deceptive wiry strength in his lean muscles, was clad all in midnight black, including a simple but deep hooded cloak, except for the common white priest's collar at his throat and the rapier at his hip. The weapon itself was but a common iron rapier, a beginner's weapon, and the crude blade resided in simple and unadorned leather sheath. Idly the former monk, in the real world at least, allowed his gaze to sweep disinterestedly over the crowd as he murmured under his breath in Latin.

"Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mullieribus,

et benedictus fructus ventris tui, lesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus
nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen."

As he prayed the Ave Maria, or as the prayer was known in English the Hail Mary, the educated man's gaze never turned heavenward. Instead it remained fixed upon the players as they danced, dueled, and made merry with one another. Though a few had spotted him upon his perch, most of the players remained blissfully unaware of his presence, so few people ever bothered to look up. This was especially true in a fantasy world that lacked both magic and the power of flight. Equally, it was clear from their actions, joy, and frivolity that so many of them failed to understand the true nature of their existence.

They were prisoners.

Prisoners who needed to be set free from their chains of bondage through a single sacrificial act.

They needed to die. Each and every one of them, for it was only through death that they could find freedom from their digital prison through an escape into the next life.

"spiritus Domini super me eo quod unxerit Dominus me ad adnuntiandum mansuetis misit me ut mederer contritis corde et praedicarem captivis indulgentiam et clausis apertionem*," Tomas said in a quiet tone, speaking only to himself as he bowed his head and recited Isaiah 61:1 in Latin.

Someone needed to free these prisoners. If they lacked the conviction to free themselves then it fell to another to free them. This was Tomas' appointed mission, his purpose. They would hate and fear him, he would be reviled for accepting this mission.

But, just because a path was righteous that did not always mean a path was easy. That was one of the many lessons contained within the Gospels.

This was Tomas' path, his purpose, his reason for having been led to this place in his life. He would take up his cross gladly, bear it faithfully, until the path reached its end through either the freedom, in death, of all of the people trapped within the digital world or the cessation of Tomas' own life.

*For anyone that would care to see the quoted verse in English, here it is from the King James Version:
"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;"

Domarus watched the black haired woman join the group, speaking specifically to Ariel only.  That was fine by him.  So long as he reaped the rewards of this boss in the end, he was fine with being ignored.....  For now that is.  While he may not have the best equipment or skills, he intended to make his mark one day.  However, perhaps the experience rewards of the dance itself would be sent out, sending him the last three points into tier two.  While he didn't have the equipment to switch out, it would give him more skill points to spend.  Perhaps he'd have enough to boost Rhozarth up to rank three.  If that happened he'd have an additional six damage rather than three.  Of course this would render his ax as vanity but he was more concerned about the damage.  After this fight however he'd need to go switch out his gear, exchanging his damage weapon for accuracy.  It was a flaw he had discovered recently and it was important that he fixed it.  Not soon after he moved into the group @Hakai walked up beside him, her eyes in the general area of what was believed where the boss would emerge.  She mentioned how she was interested in how he fought, and how this event's payout was a boss.  He noted the action her hands made on the hilt of her sword.  He saw that once before, when they first met, and yet was still unclear as to what this action truly meant.  Regardless, he doubted she was emotionless.  No human being was.  Whether it was greed, revenge, love, hatred, or simple bloodlust everyone had something going on inside them.  He grinned behind his helmet and nodded.

"Very well.  What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in damage, despite being tier one.  However after this event I planned on switching weapons to accuracy.  Rhozarth here will do the rest."  At the mention of his name Rhozarth turned it's eyes to Hakai.  The flaming dragon wore a black iron skeleton as armor itself.  The creature bowed it's head slightly, indicating to Domarus that she was worthy of being a general.  While he already had one this was an interesting fact.  However while she was capable of being a general, there was no way for Rhozarth to know if she would.  Which was a very big difference.

At the entrance of the guard, Shield turned and sprinted back towards the dance floor, spotting Norbert and slinging the turtle up into its place on his back mid stride. The bulky reptile complained, snapping at Shield fingers and hair as he settled his familiar into place.

"You can complain later," Shield barked, swatting at his companion's hooked beak with two fingers to settle it down.

For once, the scolding seemed to take root, and Shield craned his neck to see past the movement of other players. He spotted @Beat and bolted through the sea of bodies, dodging and parting the crowd as he went, coming to a rest in front of his sole party member.

"I don't know where you're planning on going, but I'm going wherever I'm needed," he said, taking a second to catch his breath. "Life of a tank, you know?"

Glancing over at @Ariel - The Crowned Lion, he had no doubt in his mind that she had already asked Beat to join her. For whatever reason, she seemed to have a vested interest in the two of them. In a life or death situation, he didn't know if he could trust her to not throw them under a bus for the sake of the fight. Shield turned on his heel and began shouting out into the crowd.

"Does anyone need a tank in their group? Are there any groups who need a tank?"

Spoiler

@Beatbox If no obvious groups exist without a tank, assign me randomly.

SP Rewards:

@Beatbox/ Posts: 13 = 4 SP

@Morgenstern/ Posts: 9 = 3 SP

@Itzal/ Posts: 12 = 4 SP

@Rin/ Posts: 5 = 1 SP 

@Teion/ Posts: 12 = 4 SP

@Macradon/ Posts: 10 = 3 SP

@Sey/ Posts: 11 = 3 SP 

@Hikoru/ Posts: 11 = 3 SP 

@Hidden/ Posts: 10 = 3 SP

@Domarus/ Posts: 15 = 5 SP

@Birdie/ Posts: 1 = 1 SP